The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

Teargrants
Teargrants
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Don't see any discussion about it yet, guess most ppl haven't checked the PTS patch notes.
Champion System Updates
We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent.
At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
If you don’t have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.
All I have to say is that cap is way to low going on into the months after Orsinium release with an undisclosed "whenever we feel like raising the cap" point in the future. Going by the stated "about 2 big updates a year" that was bandied around on ESO Live back during the B2P transition, one would assume that the caps would be increased about every 6 months.
POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EP ※ Teargrants ※
EP ※ Kissgrants ※
DC ※ Kirsi ※
Vehemence Council
#JustOutOfRenderRange
~Teargrants YouTube~
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (everyone rumages for the patch notes)

Here's the full one: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222124/pts-patch-notes-v2-2-0
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing everyday since console launch and I only have 135 champion points. 501 does not feel to low to the majority of us. Finally in the future, ESO elitism will be measured by player skill and no longer just by algorithms. :smiley:
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 9:20PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 600 would be more appropriate. 501 seems a little low. While I recognise a cap is necessary, I still think you need something to work towards. Such a low cap doesn't provide this... Particularly given that they are introducing a catch up mechanic.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally in the future, ESO elitism will be measured by player skill and no longer just by algorithms. :smiley:

At 501 CPs? I don't think I'll be playing the game that long. lol

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been playing everyday since console launch and I only have 135 champion points. 501 does not feel to low to the majority of us. Finally in the future, ESO elitism will be measured by player skill and no longer just by algorithms. :smiley:

You forgot animation canceling & macros >:)
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knew that the current CP system was bad, and that something had to be done about it. Not a big surprise they took an easy approach on this and capped it a rather low number, especially considering that this cap will stay for quite a while.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

You forgot animation canceling & macros >:)

Sorry this is true, but animation canceling can easily be learned, and on console macroing isn't an issue.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I feared it would be lower than that, I am actually OK with this. I believe the average number of points that players currently have is around 300 - there would be no point in a cap much higher than 500, as it wouldn't have the desired effect.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the CP Cap. I was expecting them to cater more towards console players, who(in general) have a low amount of CP.

I'm glad it's not like 300 or something. 501 is not too bad. I probably won't reach it before the DLC comes out.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Oh I feared it would be lower than that, I am actually OK with this. I believe the average number of points that players currently have is around 300 - there would be no point in a cap much higher than 500, as it wouldn't have the desired effect.

What Zenimax should do is provide the average and mean CPs across their entire playerbase. I'm not convinced 300 is correct-- it's probably closer to 200 or below.

Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm I'm at 267 and the caps at 501 ... eh hopefully the catch up mechanic is good.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP in this game never bothered me. I'm not one of the players with vast amounts (approaching 290). Still come to the conclusion a lot of concern about CP stems from PVP. Perhaps trials too, as another poster mentioned in a discussion.
    The cap is being introduced, such is life. Once again though, it seems like pvp is dictating the rest of this game.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • ianshere82b14_ESO

Agreed - skill will be a much more important thing to have. I have been playing since beta and only have about 200. I do not farm, and I have a life outside of video games. If others want to complain that they can not progress anymore, what will they do when the entire champion system is removed along with the veteran ranks? Maybe they should spend more time practicing playing the game and learning how to use their skills.

I have heard this phrase in the game quite a bit "Running at the mouth is not the most effective way to get exercise".

Seems to apply.
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Don't see any discussion about it yet, guess most ppl haven't checked the PTS patch notes.
    Champion System Updates
    We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent.
    At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
    Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
    You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
    You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
    The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
    All I have to say is that cap is way to low going on into the months after Orsinium release with an undisclosed "whenever we feel like raising the cap" point in the future. Going by the stated "about 2 big updates a year" that was bandied around on ESO Live back during the B2P transition, one would assume that the caps would be increased about every 6 months.
    They just said on eso live, that its every quarter for big updates not 6 months.
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, will have to see how this scales, sounds good in practice.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having a cap will also scale the future dungeon difficulties to a more reasonable approach.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 9:30PM
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ESO Live today I believe they said they are targeting to release a DLC each quarter. I don't think they directly said if that would correspond with CP cap increases or not. One will continue to gain CP past the current "spend" cap, so that when the cap is next raised, one can immediately hit the cap if they have already been earned. However, note that CPs are now gained more slowly the more that you have.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    I'm fine with the CP Cap. I was expecting them to cater more towards console players, who(in general) have a low amount of CP.

I'm glad it's not like 300 or something. 501 is not too bad. I probably won't reach it before the DLC comes out.
    That's not the problem, the problem is that the cap will likely stay @ 501 for the next months after Orsinium until the next DLC comes out. Lots of PC players that have played regularly since 1.6 are sitting around 400 CP atm, given another month until Orsinium, and that's 30 more from daily enlightenment alone. How long after Orsinium comes out until tons of ppl are already sitting at the cap w/ the next cap increase months and months away?

A cap of 500 is reasonable currently, but what about 3 months from now?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    I think 600 would be more appropriate. 501 seems a little low. While I recognise a cap is necessary, I still think you need something to work towards. Such a low cap doesn't provide this... Particularly given that they are introducing a catch up mechanic.

600 would be reasonable.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, just wait till you find out it takes as much XP as a full veteran level to get 3 CPs when you're at 300+ CPs.

Makes the 500+ CP toons look even better now as we're all stuck way below 500 and years to get to that point.

Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having a cap will also scale the future dungeon difficulties to a more reasonable approach.

I'm curious if the new content (like that arena thingy) is scaled to 500 CP or they just didn't take this into consideration and players will faceroll it from day one, for obvious reasons.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, will have to see how this scales, sounds good in practice.

The generality of those two sentences though.. lol
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's not the problem, the problem is that the cap will likely stay @ 501 for the next months after Orsinium until the next DLC comes out. Lots of PC players that have played regularly since 1.6 are sitting around 400 CP atm, given another month until Orsinium, and that's 30 more from daily enlightenment alone. How long after Orsinium comes out until tons of ppl are already sitting at the cap w/ the next cap increase months and months away?

This is exactly the problem. Personally I think 600 or 700 would be perfect. In a month there will be a huge amount of players at 500. Those players will have no where to grow when when the dlc is actually released.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    CP in this game never bothered me. I'm not one of the players with vast amounts (approaching 290). Still come to the conclusion a lot of concern about CP stems from PVP. Perhaps trials too, as another poster mentioned in a discussion.
    The cap is being introduced, such is life. Once again though, it seems like pvp is dictating the rest of this game.

So this would just further allow players to obtain all their pve and pvp gear, ranks, and also with alts at the same p

So having a even playing field for a few months at end game for both PvE and PvP is now a problem?
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    They may change this any way.

501 seems ok to me, much more than I have but hey ***. 501 is still a lot but hopefully it might make PvP more fun right now I just seem to get killed all the time.

They can't put the new content on 500 points because most of us don't have 500 and so the content would be impossible.
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But doesn't anyone with OCD is getting a reaction from 501????
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ovid is better for ERP.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

This is exactly the problem. Personally I think 600 or 700 would be perfect. In a month there will be a huge amount of players at 500. Those players will have no where to grow when when the dlc is actually released.

Agreed.

600 minimum should have been a no-brainer decision. Can't believe 501 (167 in each tree) is what the call was lol.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aha
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options