The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Vampires needing to slot ability to much of a punishment?

• deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Why would you even be a Vampire if you're not going to slot a Vampire ability? Unlike Werewolves (currently, anyway - this won't apply after the big patch) who have benefits just for being Werewolves, with no penalties, the penalties for being a Vampire outweigh the benefits unless you're going to be using Vampire skills...

So I really fail to see how having to slot a skill is a hardship for Vampires, considering there's no point in being a Vampire anyway if you're not using the skills.

Pre patch, with CP into Elemental Defender in the (I want to say) Lover tree, I never slotted Vamp skills besides Invis Swarm in PvP, all just for the extra regen. Even without Fire Res jewelry, I still took jack for fire dmg, and no I dont have 100+ into Elem Def, only like 40. Now, post patch, even with a vamp skill slotted, the Passive doesnt seem to affect my regen.
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Just slot Mist Form (It's pretty g)

Does mist form actually work? I have slotted my Essence Drain and my Bats and have seen 0 change to my regen numbers. Mist form is only vamp skill i dont have.

I had an issue with Werewolf after the update. I literally had to cure myself and become reinfected to see the stamina buff. A similar thing happened with my Vamp, but I didn't bother getting reinfected.