The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    For PvP, would you consider allowing people to sign up with another faction for a session at a time? With the proper precautions/limitations to prevent abuse, the possibility of signing up as a mercenary with another faction could help players regulate population imbalances.

I can really only see the abuse possibilities there. The reason we can't choose certain campaigns with our alts is to prevent spys or double agents.

Some sad factions have resorted to having a guild mate sign up for a PvP campaign with an alternative character from the enemy team just to grab scrolls.

The double agent then runs with the scroll towards his actual team and allows them to harvest it.

This already happens with current restrictions, more leeway will allow more cheating to occur.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, but I did say "with proper precautions". While I have ideas how I would do that, I'd rather not get sidetracked into technicalities. The only ones who can say anything sensibile about that are the devs.

Common mistake amongst forum dwellers. When developers say they listen to the players, what they mean is they listen for what experience people want, not our uninformed babbling about how game features should be implemented :D
    Edited by Muizer on August 21, 2015 6:43PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP - When is cap/catch up being implemented? What form is the catch up going to take, from the store or from a mechanic?
    Shields - Are you going to make them critable? Will DoTs work on them? Will there be a stacking cost increase like we seen with dodgeroll?
    PvP campaigns - When we will get a list of what servers have which rule sets and which ones will be CP locked?
    Store - Are you going to sell as a costume other factions IC armors?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans for more new emotes?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that ZOS is working towards letting us dye our shields, but are there any plans at all to let us dye weapon color?
    Edited by Nighn_9 on August 22, 2015 10:29AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't the 5 piece effect of the drop set "Necropotence" work when activating the Nightblade skill "Summon Shade" and/or its morphs?
    Edited by Nighn_9 on August 22, 2015 10:29AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any plans on adding the old classes back to ESO such as the Warden and why were they removed?
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    To sum up the above 8/14 Ask us Anything:
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

Such positive information from Devs has my heart fairly palpitating!

[Edited to add post number].

So, what would rather? They didn't answer the questions that don't have the answers you want?

I think we'd rather them pick questions they can actually give good answers to, rather than these non answers. They seem to pick a lot of questions where they can just say "no plans but that's a great idea!" instead of picking questions where they can actually answer them.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

So, what would rather? They didn't answer the questions that don't have the answers you want?

I think we'd rather them pick questions they can actually give good answers to, rather than these non answers. They seem to pick a lot of questions where they can just say "no plans but that's a great idea!" instead of picking questions where they can actually answer them.

And then you'd say they were avoiding the questions that they can't give your positive answers for. I don't think there's a way that they can win in this conversation.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Will console ever get text chat?
    Options
  • nunoheadbanger
    nunoheadbanger
    Soul Shriven
    when I want to take some ingame pictures, I can not turn off that center that you guys have always active, was to give to clean the screen when you want to take some pictures in ps4, the photos look good .... the beautiful game'e very beautiful, congratulations
    is the idea, take that center, like a cross, is boring, even to play ... make smaller or more transparent....i hope you can eyar me,you have a fan now....
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we eventually be able to change the color of our guild tabard belts?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    Are you thinking add new skill lines, would be nice to have new ones, like "Cavalry" for example, about horses and mount combat, would be nice to know it please :)
    Medieval
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

And then you'd say they were avoiding the questions that they can't give your positive answers for. I don't think there's a way that they can win in this conversation.

by "good answers" I don't mean "positive" I mean if they pick a question that the answer is definitively no to that's fine, that's still a solid answer to a question rather than "that's a great idea but we don't have plans for that right now" which is a non answer.

Or really, they could just say "here's a list of questions for which the answer is "no plans right now, maybe in the future" and just run off the questions rather than devoting a few minutes to answering each of those questions individually.

Edited by Arato on August 24, 2015 2:15AM
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    by "good answers" I don't mean "positive" I mean if they pick a question that the answer is definitively no to that's fine, that's still a solid answer to a question rather than "that's a great idea but we don't have plans for that right now" which is a non answer.

You view it as a non answer. I view it as a no. For the foreseeable future, a no. That doesn't mean it won't happen. But if they hadn't thought about it, and there are no plans for it- as far as it means to us? A no. That's not a non-answer... it's leaving possibilities for the far future.

A non answer is a political type answer in my opinion, like when they say something like "I'm glad you asked me that question." Then they go on a rambling discussion of the point and don't say anything. I guess it's a difference in view. I've found them clear and to the point... though it is obvious that they are dodging certain questions and not giving answers on those. But they just don't ask those.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • Lucio
    Lucio
    Soul Shriven
    It's possible get more configuration for controller i need normal attack on left hand so (R2 -> L1) or can not play well with the problem i have
    Options
  • symonator
    symonator
    ✭✭✭
    Lucio wrote: »
    It's possible get more configuration for controller i need normal attack on left hand so (R2 -> L1) or can not play well with the problem i have

You can actually map your ps4 to buttons in the settings, for example x could be o.. it's upto you.

v16 - Imperial - DK Tank
    v16 - Redguard -NB Dps
    v16 - Breton Templar - Heals
    Guildmaster of the witchers (PS4 eu) - 500 members trading guild in craglorn.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any possibility of a free skill point respec for WW/Vamps who want to get cured considering the major change to their skill lines?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    What is your planning for 2016 DLC release?
    How about the end content for the players that enjoy the pve aspect of the game, we've had 3 trials and I dont want to know how many times me and many others have completed those, when will we get the new trial(s) and how many will there be this and upcomming year.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I would like to know more about the day and night cycle in Tamriel. What was the reasoning behind having the day longer than the night? What factors contributed to deciding upon the length of time for each cycle?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, for those of us who liked the visuals of the base game, would you consider giving us the option to switch off player disguises and costumes, so we can see the actual armour they wear instead?
    Anyway: can we have an option to hide costumes/disguises of other players the way we can hide the helmets on our own characters?
    Hi Randolph. Could you ask ZoS if they're going to put in an option that allows you to switch off player costumes? I could ask myself (again), I suppose, but it seems there's a much better chance of getting an answer if you do it!
    Will you consider giving players a "hide costumes" option?
    Costumes may be fun for people to wear, but not always fun for others to have to look at. Would you consider including the option to turn off displaying other players' costumes?

Edited by Muizer on August 24, 2015 5:31PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is horse racing still on the future menu?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muizer would like to know if ZOS going to put in an option that allows you to switch off player costumes?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the Lore has there ever been Wolves large enough to ride as mounts?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coldharbour Siege Weapons (on PS4 at least) currently do not display a ring where they are going to hit. This has been mentioned and complained about due to over half the playerbase abusing it and yet it is not being addressed properly. Therefore I wish to know the answer to this directly from Zenimax themselves:

Was this intentionally designed to be this way or are they truly bugged out and being exploited as a result?

If it was intentional I want to know why.
    If it was not intentional I wish to know when it will be addressed and fixed.

Please Zenimax the situation is critical! I am tired of seeing so many of my allies rely on something so dishonorable because frankly I am sick of facepalming and shaking my head in disapproval. What the enemy does is not my concern as it only proves they are weak for using these.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 25, 2015 7:40AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Any possibility of a free skill point respec for WW/Vamps who want to get cured considering the major change to their skill lines?
    @Zaldan You will get a free (forced) skill point respec of all skill points when Update 7 is released.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @randolphbenoit
    There is, but he would probably swallow you whole.
    "...a giant, bloodthirsty white wolf (...) as large as an ox, with fur as white as new-fallen snow..." - Thirsk, a History
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Qestion- with housing are u planning on having themed housing and crafting.
    Would love to have a cold harbour themed house where the inside is all the blue and dark effects also some where i can input stuff i made and a place for my monster helms.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Zaldan wrote: »
    @Zaldan You will get a free (forced) skill point respec of all skill points when Update 7 is released.

My question stands as you're not ZO$ and I'd like an official answer unless you can point to one :)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • GarnetXVII
    my voice chat has been unavailable for almost 2 months!!!!!!! how do i fix it anyone????
    Options
This discussion has been closed.