Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    Question, during the last eso live twitch feed there was several posts and questions being asked reguarding text chat being added to console. Someone was nice enough to answer us with the following response:

ZOS_Jessica_Folsom: For those asking about text chat on console, we do see all the requests for it (on our forums, social media channels, reddit, etc.), but we don't have anything new to share about the topic.

So let me ask this because I'm not sure.. it states that you don't have anything new to share.. so what was the last bit of information that was shared about text chat then? Was it that there will not be any text chat for console of was there something else that was mentioned?

Thank you for your time.
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the DLC over time are going to be introducing questioned related to the other Daedric Princes. Previous Elder Scrolls game had a questline for every single Prince and in this we're lacking that. I don't want to be the personal champion of anyone, I see that could be difficult for lore. But I want a bigger role for religion. Are there any plans to make the other Daedra that are quiet in the game now more important?
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to fix the game server stability that plague the game since launch. I really like your game but crashing every night for every players I know is hurting your player base a lot. Is there any real fix looked at? your IT guys should have already been fired by then if I were the manager.
  • trex20
    trex20
    Soul Shriven
    I'm wondering about how many dlc do you guys plan to put out a year if not plan to than hope to I guess I'm curious about exactly how often dlc will be released and how long it takes You to create a Zone on average? Please do not sidestep this question even if you cant give an accurate answer give the closest thing please.
  • Arjun
    Arjun
    Soul Shriven
    Hi ZOS !

Will we ever get things like live events and world events to make the world of Tamriel even more dynamic + interesting + fun and more alive ? Just to mention some examples of random possible live/world events:

- Large forces of Daedra ( can be any race ) invading random cities attacking it . . . the players in that area will get a call to arms to help protect the city . . . with in the end a big difficult world boss.
    -
    - A mysterious disease in a certain area/zone affects the strength of the players. Certain stats will be lowered with a certain %.
    -
    - Someone is missing ( insert name ). We need to find him/her or it will have big bad consequences for Tamriel . . .. a worldwide search for this person will start ( without or with timer to make things more tight and tense ). Failing the timer should have consequences.

- The craftsmen of the cities ( insert name ) need a huge amount of harvested materials ( wood/metals/fabric) to make all kind of gear/weaponry to make up for the loss of recent battle or to prepare for coming battle. Let the harvest party begin ( without or with timer to make things even more tense ). Failing the timer should have consequences.

etc etc. Stuff like this will be fun and give people some extra actual and active stuff to do. The time span of these live/world events should not be ( too )short . . .

Just some thoughts !

Arjun
    Edited by Arjun on August 20, 2015 6:25PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    What direction is planned so far for housing - Personal home, Guild hall or both?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • keonimeyer
    Will the xivkyn motif be available in the crown store much like deer eventually became?
  • keonimeyer
    keonimeyer wrote: »
    Will the xivkyn motif be available in the crown store much like deer eventually became?

Dwarven*
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question
    1) Why are the Argonian racials so rubbish. In Open beta we were told you knew they sucked and would get a boost before live. 18 months on and Argonians health improve is going from 3 to 6 while the Nords is going from 3 to 9. How is this logical at all why aren't Argonians going upto 9%? Will Argonians get a boost soon and when will they get something which doesn't require a potion to be drunk to activate?

2) Are there any plans to improve Cadwell Gold and Silver. Even the first play through felt forced with stupid dialog, dead NPC's suddenly being alive, constantly being referred to as not having a soul and working against your own faction. On my 4th play through I am skipping dialog watching TV with one eye and just doing it to get to Vet 12.

3) Will we be seeing any Solo content to get from Vet 12 to Vet 16?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With or after the release of IC would it be possible to allow merchants at the crafting stations *also sale the racial pieces like stones required for the purple racial motifs but instead of gold sale them for Tel Var stones.

Just an idea to create value for Tel Var stones for those PvE players who don't care to enter IC
    Not motifs but the items required after a motif is obtained.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 21, 2015 12:01AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY is the Option "kick from guild" one of the first options in the context menue on the roster?
    Are there plans to put it in the last position? Perhaps you can contact yout "chief menue designer" to fix this ;)
    Edited by Apokh on August 21, 2015 10:33AM
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • dudenamedchris
    I for one would like more random situations while wondering around outside cities. Maybe a random daedra pops up to make a deal or a random massive daedra boss comes from the sky sending an army at a city nearby and we have to stop it...something fun...

And dark brotherhood and thieves guild...they should already have been out at launch -.-
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, would you consider allowing people to sign up with another faction for a session at a time? With the proper precautions/limitations to prevent abuse, the possibility of signing up as a mercenary with another faction could help players regulate population imbalances.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    For PvP, would you consider allowing people to sign up with another faction for a session at a time? With the proper precautions/limitations to prevent abuse, the possibility of signing up as a mercenary with another faction could help players regulate population imbalances.

I can really only see the abuse possibilities there. The reason we can't choose certain campaigns with our alts is to prevent spys or double agents.

Some sad factions have resorted to having a guild mate sign up for a PvP campaign with an alternative character from the enemy team just to grab scrolls.

The double agent then runs with the scroll towards his actual team and allows them to harvest it.

This already happens with current restrictions, more leeway will allow more cheating to occur.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, but I did say "with proper precautions". While I have ideas how I would do that, I'd rather not get sidetracked into technicalities. The only ones who can say anything sensibile about that are the devs.

Common mistake amongst forum dwellers. When developers say they listen to the players, what they mean is they listen for what experience people want, not our uninformed babbling about how game features should be implemented :D
    Edited by Muizer on August 21, 2015 6:43PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP - When is cap/catch up being implemented? What form is the catch up going to take, from the store or from a mechanic?
    Shields - Are you going to make them critable? Will DoTs work on them? Will there be a stacking cost increase like we seen with dodgeroll?
    PvP campaigns - When we will get a list of what servers have which rule sets and which ones will be CP locked?
    Store - Are you going to sell as a costume other factions IC armors?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans for more new emotes?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that ZOS is working towards letting us dye our shields, but are there any plans at all to let us dye weapon color?
    Edited by Nighn_9 on August 22, 2015 10:29AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't the 5 piece effect of the drop set "Necropotence" work when activating the Nightblade skill "Summon Shade" and/or its morphs?
    Edited by Nighn_9 on August 22, 2015 10:29AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any plans on adding the old classes back to ESO such as the Warden and why were they removed?
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    To sum up the above 8/14 Ask us Anything:
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

Such positive information from Devs has my heart fairly palpitating!

[Edited to add post number].

So, what would rather? They didn't answer the questions that don't have the answers you want?

I think we'd rather them pick questions they can actually give good answers to, rather than these non answers. They seem to pick a lot of questions where they can just say "no plans but that's a great idea!" instead of picking questions where they can actually answer them.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

So, what would rather? They didn't answer the questions that don't have the answers you want?

I think we'd rather them pick questions they can actually give good answers to, rather than these non answers. They seem to pick a lot of questions where they can just say "no plans but that's a great idea!" instead of picking questions where they can actually answer them.

And then you'd say they were avoiding the questions that they can't give your positive answers for. I don't think there's a way that they can win in this conversation.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Will console ever get text chat?
  • nunoheadbanger
    nunoheadbanger
    Soul Shriven
    when I want to take some ingame pictures, I can not turn off that center that you guys have always active, was to give to clean the screen when you want to take some pictures in ps4, the photos look good .... the beautiful game'e very beautiful, congratulations
    is the idea, take that center, like a cross, is boring, even to play ... make smaller or more transparent....i hope you can eyar me,you have a fan now....
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we eventually be able to change the color of our guild tabard belts?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    Are you thinking add new skill lines, would be nice to have new ones, like "Cavalry" for example, about horses and mount combat, would be nice to know it please :)
    Medieval
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

And then you'd say they were avoiding the questions that they can't give your positive answers for. I don't think there's a way that they can win in this conversation.

by "good answers" I don't mean "positive" I mean if they pick a question that the answer is definitively no to that's fine, that's still a solid answer to a question rather than "that's a great idea but we don't have plans for that right now" which is a non answer.

Or really, they could just say "here's a list of questions for which the answer is "no plans right now, maybe in the future" and just run off the questions rather than devoting a few minutes to answering each of those questions individually.

Edited by Arato on August 24, 2015 2:15AM
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    by "good answers" I don't mean "positive" I mean if they pick a question that the answer is definitively no to that's fine, that's still a solid answer to a question rather than "that's a great idea but we don't have plans for that right now" which is a non answer.

You view it as a non answer. I view it as a no. For the foreseeable future, a no. That doesn't mean it won't happen. But if they hadn't thought about it, and there are no plans for it- as far as it means to us? A no. That's not a non-answer... it's leaving possibilities for the far future.

A non answer is a political type answer in my opinion, like when they say something like "I'm glad you asked me that question." Then they go on a rambling discussion of the point and don't say anything. I guess it's a difference in view. I've found them clear and to the point... though it is obvious that they are dodging certain questions and not giving answers on those. But they just don't ask those.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Lucio
    Lucio
    Soul Shriven
    It's possible get more configuration for controller i need normal attack on left hand so (R2 -> L1) or can not play well with the problem i have
  • symonator
    symonator
    ✭✭✭
    Lucio wrote: »
    It's possible get more configuration for controller i need normal attack on left hand so (R2 -> L1) or can not play well with the problem i have

You can actually map your ps4 to buttons in the settings, for example x could be o.. it's upto you.

v16 - Imperial - DK Tank
    v16 - Redguard -NB Dps
    v16 - Breton Templar - Heals
    Guildmaster of the witchers (PS4 eu) - 500 members trading guild in craglorn.
This discussion has been closed.