Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i made a bosmer nb with 6.6k stam regen... can we have softcaps back now?

xylena
xylena
✭✭✭✭✭
wouldn't have any of these issues with infinite roll dodgers or streakers or ganker 1-shotters if we just raised the softcaps a little instead of removing them completely...
Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    with that kind of regen i wonder what the damage output is. But if it is good, pls share build xD
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not hit like a wet noodle?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How? Pics or it didn't happen.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obviously the damage wouldnt be that great but its here to prove a point. You can tone this build down to like 4-5k regen and you could get some decent dmg output.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was blue/purple v12 and v14 gear, could probably go over 7k with maxed gold gear

it was 3 air, 5 willows, 1 bloodspawn, whatever jewelry with stam regen enchants, 100cp in mooncalf, serpent mundus, major and minor endurance buffs, WW ulti on bar

was able to get about 24k max stam and 2k buffed wep dmg, definitely workable numbers for a pvp build... obviously you could trade some stam regen for other stats and still have such an obscene amount of stam regen that it's basically infinite... can't believe bosmer race actually got a small buff while nords and argonians are still a sad joke
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also given that stam nbs are still hitting 8-10k surprise attacks in pvp, the only conclusion i can come to is that the combat team is floating way out of touch with how people actually play the game beyond level 49
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7K stam regen and hitting like a wet noodle.

Anything beyond 3-4K is overkill.

Not sure what the point is.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    They revert back bosmer and altmer proposed racials and buff a little argonians now but still you could achieve some big numbers with this combo. Still think it must be a bug somewhere for those numbers.
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe add a stamina regen penalty to rolldodge? For example 40% less stamina regen while 100% dodge chance is active?
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some PvP videos with this setup? Just looking at things from a spreedsheet standpoint is easy, but how is it working when put to the test?

King of Beasts

• xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my point is that they've removed the balancing factor of diminishing returns, leaving behind a system where stats increase exponentially when stacked... all the QQ over unbreakable shield stacks, perma rollers, instant burst kills... all a direct result of removing the soft cap mechanic

side point is that one's choice in character race actually has a MASSIVE impact on their endgame stats, to the point where someone who chose the "wrong" race is at a significant sustain disadvantage in pvp, and often denied access to competitive pve because their race simply can't match the dps/hps of another race
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and this is why the roll dodge cost needs to stack.

33%-66%-99%-132% etc

Else there's going to be people just rolling around forever, just like on live.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

I hit for *** with 3k weapon damage. I dunno what the point of this build is.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

33%-66%-99%-132% etc

Wait what...its not currently stacking on pts? ..............

PC EU
    PvP only
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afaik the roll cost increase does stack if you keep using it before the 4-second green glow on your feet disappears

further nerfing roll dodge is just going to make it impossible for solo or small group players to get out of the way of zergs before they're stun-locked to death
  • mclegg721
    mclegg721
    ✭✭
    This is why Nords and Orcs need the upgrade to stam regen with Khajits and Bosmers don't need squat.. LOL i don't understand the ZOS logic
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

33%-66%-99%-132% etc

Wait what...its not currently stacking on pts? ..............

There was a thread about it apparently not stacking/working correctly, but I'll have to test these things myself once I find time to log on PTS.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Telel got this much out of this thread.

Willow's Path armor will now be useful and Khajiit is glad they still have a set on a mule alt.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    telel i will bet if padded with Yarn the Khajiit power will increase.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, these are the biggest issues facing the game.

There are too many extremes in mechanics, equipment, effects from CP, etc. that are too big.

One player will be hitting for 3k with a skill. Another player will be hitting with the same skill but for 10k against the same player.

One player will be mitigating 90% and the next will be mitigating 5% against the same damage.

And so on and so forth.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone makes a build with 6k stam regen like OP just for the sake of doing it, it doesnt prove anything.
    Sure he made such build but by forcing it so much to get that stam regen, he lacks sufficent resources in other places, rendering build useless.

Not to mention, capping anything is complete opposite of "play as you want" because when you hit a cap you are forced to start going into other direction and abandon what you planned to do.

Its logical.

I hope noone sane will support idea to make a step that will set back whole game, like what? 1 year to the past?
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »

I hit for *** with 3k weapon damage. I dunno what the point of this build is.

you are doing sth wrong then - i´m at 2.9k weapon dmg and 90% of my opponents do not survive the innitial 1sec of combat.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics or it did not happend, not hard to take a screenshot.

@xylena
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    wouldn't have any of these issues with infinite roll dodgers or streakers or ganker 1-shotters if we just raised the softcaps a little instead of removing them completely...

When you max out one stat, the other stats remain very low. I'm not sure this is an interesting build.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where pics ?
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll try to explain again for those that aren't getting it...

prior to 1.6 stacking one stat gave diminishing returns thanks to soft caps, which prevented players from creating extreme builds that would destroy pvp balance with their infinite resources and instant burst kills

this build simply demonstrates the absurdity of a system where stats increase exponentially when stacked... it may not be a build that can defeat the hardcore duelers testing on the PTS, but with 24k max stamina and 2k wep dmg to go along with over 6k stamina regen, it would have little trouble surprise attack spamming average players to death in an open world setting and perma-rolling away if it ever got in danger

sorry i can't be bothered with pics or videos, but if you really don't believe me, try it yourself... make a bosmer NB template on the PTS with 5x willows path, 3x way of air, stam regen enchants on jewelry, and regen drink buff... maybe you won't immediately hit 6.6k but it will well exceed the 3-4k stam regen that ezareth considered "overkill"

and speaking of overkill, that new molag kena set that increases wep dmg by 700 in exchange for 50% increased costs? it won't be hard to make a build whose regen laughs at the cost increase... so long as you're one of the "chosen" races with useful endgame racial passives, not a potato like me who made her original character a nord when she was a noob
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread doesn't demonstrate anything.

This entire thread illustrates how much stamina regen players can get using a certain set-up.

Demonstrating this would be taking this build to Cyrodiil, making videos showing how it functions, showing it's weaknesses and strengths and then, demonstrating either how very strong or how very weak and practical or impractical this set-up actually is.

2k weapon damage is nonsense too, if you don't have 3k then you're a tank not a DPS.
    Edited by Teiji on August 1, 2015 4:38PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylena your not a Potato. Maybe a little Corny but not a potato. But we like pics. they are nice.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you spec fully into stam regen, you get high regen? Wow, I never knew that
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    prior to 1.6 stacking one stat gave diminishing returns thanks to soft caps, which prevented players from creating extreme builds that would destroy pvp balance with their infinite resources and instant burst kills

It did give diminishing returns, but it didn't accomplish what you are saying it did. There was still instant burst kills. There was still "1vX come at me bro" invincible bouncing perma builds.

They changed A LOT with 1.6
    You are looking at this one change in a vacuum.

The problems that you are upset about could just as easily be blamed on the Champion System as attribute stacking