Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESOTU Console Launch - Known Issues

• Vanity_Calamity
    Vanity_Calamity
    Soul Shriven
    I am glitching through the floor on one of sheogerath's quests (Chateau of the Ravenous Rodent) - I the that make sens
  • idon91
    idon91
    My issue, mentioned above is the constant game crash every 5-10 minutes on Xbox One. It will go black and bring me to the Xbox homepage and the game will have to relaunched. For some reason after 8o'clock ish UK time this seems to go away and I can play all night with no problems.

The way it crashes is typical of an Xbox One app crash were after a few seconds delay the Xbox knows an app has crashed, its happened in other games but very rarely. It then returns you to the homepage and resets the app.

No idea why it happens, there's no lag for me, no wait times to login ever, no error codes or messages, just login, play, 10 minutes later app crash or if playing at night (UK time) no crash, happy elf.
  • benss1225@aim.com
    So ive noticed the que has been working a lot better. Ive been playing all day so far aith bo issues with that, however ive had 2 connection issues wherebive been booted all the way to the main menu of the game and for the past 2 hours have been having horrible lag. I know for a fact that it is not my internet. Ive done a hard reboot 2 times so far today and ive logged out and back in a few times as well hoping that wpuld fix the lag. It has not. So i was wondering if the lag is just the server having issue, even though its not at peak ge time right now?
  • goat1313
    goat1313
    Fer everyone that's says this is the norm, if yall like being an unpaid tester fer 1 month, never mind a tester that paid fer thst privilege no wonder they're still releasing broken games... Rise up stop buying em at launch, you the people that play the game are the problem here. Myself included... Myself if they want me to test their game, they can pay me or give me free crowns if they don't deliver on their promise, I assume I'm buying a complete game, not one that needs invisible quest character glitches all over the place, in 4-5 hours I've got one quest complteted cause they're all invisible and unnacessable...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Echo3Kilo wrote: »
    Noticed it wasn't on the first post. I'm still having problems with the mail system. I haven't been able to send mail to anyone in my friends list using either their gamertags or character names. However, I hear from some folks that they are able to send mail some of the time and others have the same problem as me.

Thank you, we'll take a look!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • OctoberMidnight
    OctoberMidnight
    Soul Shriven
    I've got an interesting one...everything so far has been pretty good for me (other than the obvious NPC's and enemies not appearing but still able to attack me)...but today I got attacked by a werewolf and my character kind of jerked to the side and now...I can't move. At all. The game's going on, I see people running around, can go to all the menus and pause menus, etc. but....I can't move.

Things I've tried that have been unsuccessful in fixing it:

- Logging out and back in.
    - Turning my XB1 completely off and back on.
    - Actually removing the disc, loading up another game, coming back and trying again.
    - Using the 'Get Me Unstuck' option in the menu...all it does is warp me to a Wayshrine where, surprise, I can't move.

I'm wired to my modem and my connection is fine, that's not the issue.

So, anyone...what's the fix for this gem?
  • Krixis
    Krixis
    Hi. Ive played the console version since it came out now and I got some "feedback".

First of all I like the control mapping, but there is one thing that bothers me. The weapon swapping should be given another button. You should switch the weapon swapping with the quest swapping since the right button is easier to hit quickly in combat with out leaving the analog for to long. The left button is to "far" away from the analog wich makes it kinda hard to swap weapons quickly while moving. This bothered me right from the start, and I still havent gotten used to it. In cyrodiil it will bother me alot more since you gotta move alot while swapping weapons.

The other thing I want to ask is that you shouldnt have left out the chat for console. It is damn near impossible to connect with people and I feel like im playing a single player game. There is alot of people watching tv in the background or listening to music and interrupting the voice chat. It isnt that hard to write with the controle for the ps4, it would make the game alot better being able to write to people instead of voice chat.

So to sum up:

Switch weapong swapping with quest swapping for a easier and faster swapping of weapon.

Voice chat sucks, regular chat rules. Voice chat < regular chat.

Krixis out!
  • kendotheninja
    how about you find out why people are not receiving half of the product they have bought ?that would be amazing
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krixis wrote: »
    Hi. Ive played the console version since it came out now and I got some "feedback".

First of all I like the control mapping, but there is one thing that bothers me. The weapon swapping should be given another button. You should switch the weapon swapping with the quest swapping since the right button is easier to hit quickly in combat with out leaving the analog for to long. The left button is to "far" away from the analog wich makes it kinda hard to swap weapons quickly while moving. This bothered me right from the start, and I still havent gotten used to it. In cyrodiil it will bother me alot more since you gotta move alot while swapping weapons.

The other thing I want to ask is that you shouldnt have left out the chat for console. It is damn near impossible to connect with people and I feel like im playing a single player game. There is alot of people watching tv in the background or listening to music and interrupting the voice chat. It isnt that hard to write with the controle for the ps4, it would make the game alot better being able to write to people instead of voice chat.

So to sum up:

Switch weapong swapping with quest swapping for a easier and faster swapping of weapon.

Voice chat sucks, regular chat rules. Voice chat < regular chat.

Krixis out!

If you are on PS4 you can use it's own button swapping to fix buttons to the way you like them...to some degree.

Good Luck!
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • ushmeister
    I contacted customer support with the PS4 login problem on the 9th, got a reply on the 11th (which I replied to) and I still have heard nothing back. If you know there is a problem and what it is why don't you just fix it. Not even being able to log in after Pre ordered and bought the Imperial edition over a year ago is crap. Over 96 hours without solution is bad especially when I read others with the same problem have had it sorted.
  • drewamiere
    drewamiere
    Soul Shriven
    Will we be able to change servers on consoles at some point? I signed up on EU servers as recommended due to long waits now my level 10 Nord is trapped on EU server. When I play later in the evening barely anybody else is on due to the time difference it seems. I'm sure I'm not alone in this!
  • lasombra0704
    lasombra0704
    Soul Shriven
    Getting a UI error soon as i login. .i have a photo not sure how to attach on here..user:/savedvariable/zo_ingame.lua.155: unexpected symbol near '['
  • HausHelva
    HausHelva
    Soul Shriven
    There is no cash in this game, just gold. I did not lose all of my gold. Also, it's not like I knew it was going to happen.
  • MetalZero8
    MetalZero8
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone have a problem with sending mail? I can't send some of my friends mail and vice-versa. It gives me a message "there is no one with that name" even though they are in my list in the friends section.
  • A_Lama_Snackbar
    so the collectibles are broken in the game . you cant use them like u can on pc. please add to bug list < also my crowns and imperial perks would be nice soon :-(
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    Glad I checked here; looks like I'm not the only one whose friend list is broken and can't send mail. Hope this gets resolved soon.
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • devatox
    devatox
    Soul Shriven
    hi
    first of all can i just say congrats for releasing such an epic title to the console i have been waiting for ESO for xbox one for ages

i appreciate the overwhelming wait times for such a release, its to be expected . although there are a number of other issues that realy should have been addressed before its release.

i have been playing on and off since its release and lost count on the number of times its boots me back to the xbox home screen, leaving me to log on all over again, fine i can live with it until you sort out server lag which is obviously what the problem is.

may i suggest you switching the voice off by default and allowing the user to switch it on if needed, surely that would get rid of a percentage of your server lag , and to be honest you can not even ear what half the people are saying unless your fluent in gobbledygook.#

some of the issues i have had so far on the xbox one

being kicked randomly to the xbox home screen
    being attacked by stealth ninjas, who are invisible
    being told i need and xbox live gold acount when i already have 1
    being told i have no internet connection when i obviously have, may i also add no other game says i havent got internet connection like COD or Destiny
    Invisible NPC's so u cant do quests
    black people with no player skins walking around in busy towns
    being told my user details do not excist on this site, when they obviously do because you sent me an email so i could activate it, what is going on there?
    the latest one is i have an internal error please contact elderscrolls customer support.

the list goes on and on, a majority of these are due to server lag and will probably sort themselves out when the the server is balanced
  • anime_fuel405
    anime_fuel405
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, I'm wondering what's the status on Xbox one voice chat. It is my understanding that for most it is working. But I've been playing since lauch and I've never been able to talk or listen to anyone else. When I go to voice chat on the menuit has it listed as "Voice chat is unavailable. This could be due to routine server maintenance or a configuration issue. Visit (your support site) for additional support." Can anyone help me out or update me on this issue please!
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting screen freezes, then back to start screen or xbox homescreen. Lost count of the crashes/disconnects.
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone having problems with adding people to friends in game? I can input name but it wont let me search for them or give me a way to add them :(

I am experiencing this issue as well, also when trying to send mail it says no player by this name can be found
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    Konzetsuu wrote: »
    what about invisible NPCs on Xbox one? we can't interact with them
    Can confirm. Some NPCs (especially enemies) are invisible to the player and are not intractable. Enemies are able to attack the player and show up on the compass, but they player can not fight back or see them. I've seen this mostly in VR and 40+ zones (Aldmeri Dominion at least).

it is also occurring in low-level areas, but I can only speak for Stonefall, and Dashan and Bleakrock at the moment. This has happened to me at a covenant camp located at the skyshard in the center of Stonefell as well as the Goblin camp near the wayshrine not far from there. It has happened at other areas as well but can't recall exactly.
  • rebelfootball-33
    rebelfootball-33
    Soul Shriven
    I am a few hours in the game and just today 6/13/15 I have come across a glitch on my ps4 where the NPCs I need to interact with for quests are invisible and I can't talk to them, this is on 2 different NPCs that I must talk to. Also other people characters are all black, not sure if it's related but I noticed it so I thought I would include it.
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    there are times while playing I am suddenly kicked and returned to the xbox dashboard. I have checked my internet connection repeatedly, the issue is not on my end.
  • richie01
    richie01
    For the invisible npc issue. Basically all npcs that offer quests are invicible for my character that got transfered to xbox one from pc. All other npc seem to be fine and no ither bugs. But I cant play my character till its fixed :(
  • Fragglerockr
    Issue, game keeps kicking me and my friends after short time playing. Then I am getting put back in que, FIX!
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's been reported and confirmed by many people that food buffs cause the magicka/health/stamina bar that is increased to stay visible at all times even out of combat

it's an immersion killing bug. dont want giant blue red and green bars on my screen at all times

please put it on the list
    Edited by pecheckler on June 14, 2015 1:14AM
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • meancavalcade
    meancavalcade
    Soul Shriven
    Hey thanks for taking my money, and then giving me a very pretty dragon ring screen to look at for the last five hours.
    Add servers, make money, become reliable and reputable game. Create revenue.. or contunue on this broken path and wait for the inevetable decline into bankruptcy so you can be purchased by a real MMO company...and the gamers can laugh at your failure whie another company makes a ton using your hard work.

and try and login 4 7 hours now
    Hey thanks for taking my money, and then giving me a very pretty dragon ring screen to look at for the last five hours.
    Add servers, make money, become reliable and reputable game. Create revenue.. or contunue on this broken path and wait for the inevetable decline into bankruptcy so you can be purchased by a real MMO company...and the gamers can laugh at your failure whie another company makes a ton using your hard work.

I wonder how many screens are going to be permanently damaged, while we patiently wait to play the image is being burned into my $1200 TV. Waited 2 hrs rebooted Xbox, tryed again and now have been on for 6 hours and I'm still at the load screen.
  • D&amp;D-dude
    D&D-dude
    Soul Shriven
    I have not been able get in the game during regular hours, only have played late night or early morning. I have not really played that much because of it. Before you release a game maybe you should have beta tested it more and hold off announcing a game and release date further back. Maybe you should have taken 3 more years before you putting this game out. This game is ill prepared, first you are not ready for the amount of people playing the game, but had a presale of game and that should have given some numbers on how many people will play the game. As of right now i have told my friends not to buy thus game and wait about 6 months if you still want to play it Also I thought this is a 17 or older game to play but I have a heard of chatter from kids that are er 17 yrs, what are you going to do about that
  • RefreshDaemon
    I am also getting an LUA error on launch with the "unexpected symbol near etc..."
  • kryton
    kryton
    Soul Shriven
    richie01 wrote: »
    For the invisible npc issue. Basically all npcs that offer quests are invicible for my character that got transfered to xbox one from pc. All other npc seem to be fine and no ither bugs. But I cant play my character till its fixed :(

I have the same thing, but I didn't transfer my character. I just have invisible NPC's who are supposed to be quest people.
    it just started a couple of hours ago.