Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console Pre-load Details for ESOTU

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is now available for pre-load on Xbox One and PS4 to those who pre-ordered the game. In this post, you will also find additional details about pre-launch patches, and game code delivery timing for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited with account copy.

Digital Pre-Orders
If you pre-ordered a digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Xbox One and/or PS4, you may begin pre-loading the game now. We encourage you to pre-load early so you can jump right into Tamriel when the game launches at midnight, local time.

Below are links to the steps you need to get your pre-load set up on Xbox One and PS4:
PC-to-Console Account Copy
If you purchased The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ with account copy for Xbox One and/or PS4, you will receive an email on Monday, June 8th when your game code is available. Once you have your game code, you will need to redeem it in the corresponding Xbox One or PS4 account system.

Please keep an eye on your email inbox on June 8th!

Patch Info
Below is a short explanation of what you will need to download if you purchased a digital copy of ESOTU and pre-load the game.

Xbox One
  • Base Game: This file is approximately 40GB, and is available for pre-load now.
  • Patches 1.0.0.1 – 1.0.0.3: These files are approximately 15GB, and are available for pre-load now.

PlayStation 4
  • Base Game: This file is approximately 40GB, and is available for pre-load now.
  • Patches 01.01 – 01.03: These files are approximately 15GB, and are available for pre-load now.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the contents of this post—we’ll do our best to provide answers. We look forward to seeing everyone in Tamriel on June 9th!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic. Thanks for the update, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does this mean that we can download the game now and then use the code on Monday to pull in our particular information or will we still have to wait until Monday to download anything at all. If that is the case it seems pretty shabby to pull us in a year ago only to be put at the end of the line now.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so thanks for the details....I was hopeful for a date earlier than June 8th but the details are appreciated
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best post ever! Thanks for the clarification.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • CookieMcCrumble
    Monday is leaving it a bit late for all of us long-supporting subscribers. Disappointed by this.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... To be clear...

People who ordered the PC to Console transfer MAY NOT pre-load until June 8.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, not happy with Monday either... Good thing I don't have equipable pitchfork or torch :(
  • CookieMcCrumble
    55gb of data to download once we get the keys, there go many peoples hopes of jumping on when it unlocks at midnight.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's 10 to 12 hours or worse for a lot of people assuming it doesn't get throttled from Xbox side at all.. say by a lot of people :'( downloading...
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    55gb of data to download once we get the keys, there go many peoples hopes of jumping on when it unlocks at midnight.

Yep, and it looks really bleak depending on when the code comes out. I didn't get my e-mail containing the information about the code coming out on the 8th until around 10:30 pm.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, and it looks really bleak depending on when the code comes out. I didn't get my e-mail containing the information about the code coming out on the 8th until around 10:30 pm.

Oh. I wasn't aware that there was an email. I thought they were just going to post on the forum. I did not get an email, either.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all those posts on here/twitter saying "wait until the annoucement" for info on the console transfer preload ...aannnnd... it says exactly the same as the email...

Thanks Zenimax.

Is ANY of this new information? :-(
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Lord_Arkala
    Lord_Arkala
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I have preloaded the game all 55 gigs worth, any idea what size the day 1 patch will be also when will I be able to link my account?
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Answered below
    Edited by izenkim_ESO on June 5, 2015 6:28PM
  • Lord_Arkala
    Lord_Arkala
    ✭✭✭
    So no day 1 patch if I have pre loaded the game? Also will I be able to purchase eso plus for the Xbox one through Xbox marketplace on day 1?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    So all those posts on here/twitter saying "wait until the annoucement" for info on the console transfer preload ...aannnnd... it says exactly the same as the email...

Thanks Zenimax.

Is ANY of this new information? :-(

I agree with your comment BUT I do appreciate their change in direction. Prior to this announcement there are no console transfer announcements at all on the site or forums. There is info but no announcements.

It's a BIg step in the right direction for ZOS
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... To be clear...

We are working with our console partners on exact times so we don't have exact details yet. So to be 100% clear the second you receive your email, your code is live and available to be pre-loaded in preparation for Tuesday.

@Lord_Arkala, the day one patch is live now as part of the preload.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Arkala
    Lord_Arkala
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey thank you for that info so much, my last question was in reference to the eso plus on console, will we be able to purchase this on Xbox day 1?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's to hoping someone wakes up confused Sunday morning, and heads to work clicking the button to send out those emails ;) Wishful thinking... I know... Lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol love how they say we encourage you to pre load early so you can jump right in......oh but you pc transfers can just wait till the 8th. Really thought they would have got this worked so we could atleast get maybe one extra day. Thats not too much to ask is it? Oh plus preorders get to download the 15 gig update early as well. No waiting for them come the 9th. Go figure......This just keeps gettin better and better. O_o
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 5, 2015 6:36PM
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We are working with our console partners on exact times so we don't have exact details yet. So to be 100% clear the second you receive your email, your code is live and available to be pre-loaded in preparation for Tuesday.

I can appreciate that you are not in full control of when the codes can be used, and therefore cannot give an estimate at this time as to the timing of the e-mails. However, once given the green light on the 8th, will all e-mails be sent at relatively the same time, or will they be staggered?

I ask as I've been on both ends of what appears to be staggering regarding "PC-to-console Account Copy" e-mails.
  • BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    I appreciate that you may not have this information yet but it would be great if you could take this into consideration:

If the emails with the codes for the PC transfer people come out on June 8 United States time then it seems to me that it these might arrive just before or after the release time for customers in some countries (e.g. New Zealand and Australia). It would be unfortunate if the dedicate long-term customers in these countries couldn't get into the game until after (perhaps significantly after) new players.

Hopefully we won't be disadvantaged simply because we live in the future.
    I'm a middle-aged gamer from Brisbane, Australia, who has enjoyed ESO since PC beta and now into the Xbox One version.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... To be clear...

Can you go over what has to be done after we get the code?
    Redeem the code.
    Download game.

Then, something about joining accounts? Or do we do this first?
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    So... To be clear...

And I won't be able to get it installed until around the 14th-20th, due to living in a rural area and having slow internet. Seeing this and the email containing nearly the same info I can't receive my code until Monday day before release is a sad day for me. :'(
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    So... To be clear...

And I won't be able to get it installed until around the 14th-20th, due to living in a rural area and having slow internet. Seeing this and the email containing nearly the same info I can't receive my code until Monday day before release is a sad day for me. :'(

I purchased the console copy for Xbox One.
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx

DragonSamurai360 wrote: »

It's the same for me.. The only way is to download the game from an account who bought the game directly in xbox/PS store.. But nobody will give his account/password to allow someone else to predownload the game I guess..
    So just wait till monday and then... download till thursday/friday I suppose ! :'(
    Edited by xJeremx on June 5, 2015 7:05PM
  • Dylanlucas
    Dylanlucas
    ✭✭✭
    New customers>existing customers

Bit disappointed by this
    PSN: malos1979
    VR16 - Magicka DPS Templar - RETIRED

VR16 - DK Firemage - RETIRED

World First PS4 - VDSA, Hel Ra
    EU First PS4 - Sanctum Ophidia
  • rogueslayer
    rogueslayer
    ✭✭
    oh well is what it is, reminds me of PC launch trying to log in to my account every five minutes pacing the floor, cant eat, cant drink, cant sleep, now I keep checking my email every ten minutes to see if my codes there. JUST INCASE
    Edited by rogueslayer on June 5, 2015 7:07PM
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I am ashamed to admit, bought another copy just to get on so I could reserve guild names that I want.

I had to make sure I will be on at mid-night.

EDIT: I hope I can link accounts without have to erase and redownload.
    Edited by LariahHunding on June 5, 2015 7:08PM
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I am ashamed to admit, bought another copy just to get on so I could reserve guild names that I want.

I had to make sure I will be on at mid-night.

EDIT: I hope I can link accounts without have to erase and redownload.

I've been tempted to do this.
    I'm a middle-aged gamer from Brisbane, Australia, who has enjoyed ESO since PC beta and now into the Xbox One version.