Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Nirnhoned armor

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix it and stop making this the ESO NGE
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already stealth nerfed nirnhoned armor get over it and stack spell erosion.

Is spell erosion even working? I know my nirnhorned daggers barely brought my focus up above my sharpened daggers as far as focus goes. I just ditched spell erosion and went with theThaumaturge CP that increases magic damage and overall it seems to be the better trade. Focus went from 12k down to 5k but my concealed weapon generally hits a lot harder. Anybody do any detailed studies on this?

Ya dont use harvens for focus rating. Its so buggy. Do your test on enemie players and not with a buggy addon
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Sythias wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    Huntler wrote: »
    Could someone elucidate the issue with nirnhorned? I currently run three pieces and have around 24k spell resist. I still get nuked for 15k on occasion.

1. It doesn't make you immune to magicka damage
    2. 24k is nothing as most magicka users will likely have a minimum of 10k penetration, closer to 20k

Thanks for responding - Yeah I'm aware it's not a lot nor does it make me immune to magicka damage.

Is the problem when people are stacking up to cap?

yes

Perhaps the cap is too high then. Like I said it feels like almost no difference even with 3 pieces of legendary nirn.
    You can't say that when you have no control numbers against the same person on you in non nirn gear to compare to.

If the highest you're getting hit for is 15k in 3 nirn, that's a very significant reduction compared to the average high end of 20k+ before ppl all converted to nirn.

So its okay for you to do 20k+ dmg? I mean most of the ppl have about 20k life. As a stamina NB i would be okay with something like nirnhoned for armor. The dmg is out of control with 1.6
    It's as ok for me to do 20k dmg as it is for ppl to snipe me for 19k or one shot me w/ wrecking blow if you wanna go down that rout.

Damage can be toned down sure, but it shouldn't be through an armor trait that lets you get 50% passive mitigation for free basically, and anyone who's not running it is just up *** creek.

No ones forcing you to wear light armour and then theres those shields to defeat before your hp is even touched. How much damage on average would you take before you're
    health is even affected? Nirnhoned needs balancing but theres other things to consider.
    Edited by Laggus on April 30, 2015 11:50AM
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nala_ wrote: »
    ZOS never said nirnhorn was bugged. its working exacrly the way they designed it to work, they just realized they buffed it to much so theyre bringing it back down to a normal level next patch. anyone who says that its bugged and not ok to use is just a rager.

This, they vastly overbuffed it without realizing the consequences. It was compounded by how they changed armor in 1.6 to reflect defensive stats. I imagine they'll likely just cut the values of the nirn stats by some factor as that is the quickest, cheapest, easiest solution. And we know how much they like band-aids :p

This is actually one of the reasons we're not doing a quick and dirty 'fix' immediately, and addressing it after console launch. It needs some rebalancing/redesigning, which will take some time to do right.

No fix for nirnhoned until after console launch? Wow. Just. Wow. I don't understand why this has to wait, when it is such a simple fix, and it is literally making half the builds in the game obsolete in Cyrodiil.

I have had spells 50% mitigated with over 16k spell pen! As amusing as it is to be critting for the default tooltip value, I'd like a fix, please, and not in two months.

• Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    It seems most of you do not understand how SR is done.

There is a 50% "Hard capped" for SR, roughly around 32100, anything more then that is wasteful.

Players that stack SR are try to negate the Spell Penetration caster have on them, but 50% is still only 50%

CPs to reduce Fire, Frost, Lightning or Disease, poison and magic is after the SR, which reduces it by such a small % and that % can only get to 25%.

I can understand the frustration cause you actually can't stack Armor past 40k, and stacking SR is easier. But it is still comes down to 50%.

Work around this info. Someone who has 32k SR and 80k SR have the same mitigation, 50%

Maybe instead of Spell Pen, try something else, until it get's fix
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually it's worth to go beyond 32k spellresi, at least if your enemy got some spell penetration.
    If he'd ignore 5k spellresistence you'd need 37k to stay at the cap, just saying.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is a 50% "Hard capped" for SR, roughly around 32100, anything more then that is wasteful.

Players that stack SR are try to negate the Spell Penetration caster have on them, but 50% is still only 50%

CPs to reduce Fire, Frost, Lightning or Disease, poison and magic is after the SR, which reduces it by such a small % and that % can only get to 25%.

I can understand the frustration cause you actually can't stack Armor past 40k, and stacking SR is easier. But it is still comes down to 50%.

Work around this info. Someone who has 32k SR and 80k SR have the same mitigation, 50%

@pete5210b14_ESO

That's actually not true at all. There is no "Hard Cap" at all, it is a theoretical one and it depends on your opponent.

Someone that has 80K SR will get 50% Mitigation against the person you were quoting. Someone with 32K SR will get 32K minus the value he is penetrated for and will only get 25% mitigation or so from their SR.

Stacking above the 50% value of mitigation makes sense if you're aiming for 50% mitigation as penetration reduces your SR.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Another thread about nirn armor? ZOS already said they will nerf it next big update (june).

HA! Don't hold your breath!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS never said nirnhorn was bugged. its working exacrly the way they designed it to work, they just realized they buffed it to much so theyre bringing it back down to a normal level next patch. anyone who says that its bugged and not ok to use is just a rager.

This, they vastly overbuffed it without realizing the consequences. It was compounded by how they changed armor in 1.6 to reflect defensive stats. I imagine they'll likely just cut the values of the nirn stats by some factor as that is the quickest, cheapest, easiest solution. And we know how much they like band-aids :p

This is actually one of the reasons we're not doing a quick and dirty 'fix' immediately, and addressing it after console launch. It needs some rebalancing/redesigning, which will take some time to do right.

this issue should never have surfaced to begin with, is the true problem.

I just pray yall mean literally after console launch, meaning, in JUNE, and not in the next 5 months in September or October.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

this issue should never have surfaced to begin with, is the true problem.

I just pray yall mean literally after console launch, meaning, in JUNE, and not in the next 5 months in September or October.

Networking and Graphics are far, far more complicated than game mechanics as simple as penetration and resistance. Balancing these values for the entire game might be tricky, but you cant *** on me and tell me its raining. It can't possibly take more than 8 man hours to modify a single trait. In fact if they coded the game like they should have, it wouldnt take longer than 10 minutes. Make nirn give a bonus to the piece of armor it is freekin' attached to rather than your total spell resistance. It really should be just that simple.

I think the quick and dirty fix called 1.6 is the real reason this is harder to fix than it should be.

Edited by Xeven on May 6, 2015 12:32AM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    B Wheeler is thinking things over. He will arrive at the magical value that nirn will be. But it will take time. This is no simple process. It takes months!

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    B Wheeler is thinking things over. He will arrive at the magical value that nirn will be. But it will take time. This is no simple process. It takes months!

so 100% increase then?
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

@pete5210b14_ESO

That's actually not true at all. There is no "Hard Cap" at all, it is a theoretical one and it depends on your opponent.

Someone that has 80K SR will get 50% Mitigation against the person you were quoting. Someone with 32K SR will get 32K minus the value he is penetrated for and will only get 25% mitigation or so from their SR.

Stacking above the 50% value of mitigation makes sense if you're aiming for 50% mitigation as penetration reduces your SR.

Ha, no, I'm sorry, you couldn't be more wrong.

There is a "hard cap", a value that once you obtain, you will have 50% mitigation. The higher in this value doesn't do anything. Zero, zilch, nada. The numbers will still go up, but that 50% will still be 50%.

If an opponent had 30% Spell pen, then yeah, getting to 32k SR means nothing, cause your SR would drop to 22.4k

Now for the players that have 48k SR and an opponent has 30% Spell Pen, he will have 33.6k which is still 50% mitigation.

48k SR vs 40% Spell Pen, 28.8k Which is about 45% mitigation

That "hard cap" the 50% mitigation for PvE and players who don't know what Spell pen is.

But for pvp against players who have spell pen, yes, 32k wont be enough.

...Perhaps I should have army proofed this
    Edited by Petros on May 6, 2015 1:20PM
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

@pete5210b14_ESO

There is a "hard cap", a value that once you obtain, you will have 50% mitigation. The higher in this value doesn't do anything. Zero, zilch, nada. The numbers will still go up, but that 50% will still be 50%.

If an opponent had 30% Spell pen, then yeah, getting to 32k SR means nothing, cause your SR would drop to 22.4k

Now for the players that have 48k SR and an opponent has 30% Spell Pen, he will have 33.6k which is still 50% mitigation.

That "hard cap" the 50% mitigation for PvE and players who don't know what Spell pen is.

You guys said the exact same thing.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »

It's not broke, doesn't need "fixing".
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

...Perhaps I should have army proofed this

You said:

There is a 50% "Hard capped" for SR, roughly around 32100, anything more then that is wasteful which is the only thing that is "more wrong" in our conversation.

If you had said Spell Resistance Mitigation is Hard Capped at 50% I would have agreed as that is correct statement. In context with the argument on Nirnhoned in the PvP forums it definitely makes sense to exceed 32,000 SR.

I suspect you've done some learning since your original statement and now you've done an about face to save face.
    maryriv wrote: »
    Valnas wrote: »

It's not broke, doesn't need "fixing".

OQMhuI6.jpg
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube