Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Nirnhoned armor

• Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    It's already bad enough being magicka, but nirnhoned stacked players just makes it so unbalanced.

Waiting until the next update is just insulting.

Stamina players waited like 9 months for stamina to become viable.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    It's already bad enough being magicka, but nirnhoned stacked players just makes it so unbalanced.

Waiting until the next update is just insulting.

Stamina players waited like 9 months for stamina to become viable.

yep, and THAT was insulting to stam users as well......

However, the issue here is that Nirn is bugged. Those who waited for a stam buff undeservedly waited an exorbitant amount of time, its true........but it was not a BUG issue like we have here. The nirn bug should have been fixed several weeks ago. Its not like we're asking for the entire pvp server code to be rewritten. We just want what's bugged to be fixed. Especially when the bug is game breaking for a fairly large amount of players who just want their magicka build to be viable.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is just funny the amount of people who rerolled stamina. Looks like most people play to be efficient and not to have fun in their own playstyle. I personally will stick to my magicka DK because I refuse to use a build with a substain depending exclusively on dodge rolling, evasion and vigor.
    Edited by frozywozy on April 29, 2015 2:19PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Never got the mighty 19 k snipe or 20k WB. Guess im lucky. I dont think 17k armor make such a difference.

your probably not in light armor
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Sythias wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    Huntler wrote: »
    Could someone elucidate the issue with nirnhorned? I currently run three pieces and have around 24k spell resist. I still get nuked for 15k on occasion.

1. It doesn't make you immune to magicka damage
    2. 24k is nothing as most magicka users will likely have a minimum of 10k penetration, closer to 20k

Thanks for responding - Yeah I'm aware it's not a lot nor does it make me immune to magicka damage.

Is the problem when people are stacking up to cap?

yes

Perhaps the cap is too high then. Like I said it feels like almost no difference even with 3 pieces of legendary nirn.
    You can't say that when you have no control numbers against the same person on you in non nirn gear to compare to.

If the highest you're getting hit for is 15k in 3 nirn, that's a very significant reduction compared to the average high end of 20k+ before ppl all converted to nirn.

So its okay for you to do 20k+ dmg? I mean most of the ppl have about 20k life. As a stamina NB i would be okay with something like nirnhoned for armor. The dmg is out of control with 1.6
    It's as ok for me to do 20k dmg as it is for ppl to snipe me for 19k or one shot me w/ wrecking blow if you wanna go down that rout.

Damage can be toned down sure, but it shouldn't be through an armor trait that lets you get 50% passive mitigation for free basically, and anyone who's not running it is just up *** creek.

Neither are ok, all dmg should be toned down

I think this is the point that people need to get. We're not saying that magic damage is the ONLY damage that is OP, and that's why nirn is needed. Physical damage is also off the charts - see the 19k snipe or wb example. That needs to be toned down too.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    babanovac wrote: »
    Could someone elucidate the issue with nirnhorned? I currently run three pieces and have around 24k spell resist. I still get nuked for 15k on occasion.

2. 24k is nothing as most magicka users will likely have a minimum of 10k penetration, closer to 20k

Thanks for responding - Yeah I'm aware it's not a lot nor does it make me immune to magicka damage.

yes

Perhaps the cap is too high then. Like I said it feels like almost no difference even with 3 pieces of legendary nirn.
    You can't say that when you have no control numbers against the same person on you in non nirn gear to compare to.

If the highest you're getting hit for is 15k in 3 nirn, that's a very significant reduction compared to the average high end of 20k+ before ppl all converted to nirn.

So its okay for you to do 20k+ dmg? I mean most of the ppl have about 20k life. As a stamina NB i would be okay with something like nirnhoned for armor. The dmg is out of control with 1.6
    It's as ok for me to do 20k dmg as it is for ppl to snipe me for 19k or one shot me w/ wrecking blow if you wanna go down that rout.

Damage can be toned down sure, but it shouldn't be through an armor trait that lets you get 50% passive mitigation for free basically, and anyone who's not running it is just up *** creek.

I think this is the point that people need to get. We're not saying that magic damage is the ONLY damage that is OP, and that's why nirn is needed. Physical damage is also off the charts - see the 19k snipe or wb example. That needs to be toned down too.

I don't think giving everyone hardcapped armor and spell resistance is the way to go to tone down damage :) .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Another thread about nirn armor? ZOS already said they will nerf it next big update (june).

June is NOT the next big update. Its console release. That's it. We got MONTHS and MONTHS to go still.

You must find another nirn thread where zos responded, but they said big update will be right after console release (june). Can't find thread in posts history, my post was deleted coz it was like "stop QQ on forum about everything".
    Edited by Cinbri on April 29, 2015 3:01PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And thus the life cycle of ESO PvP builds continues.

LA/Staff Vampire Batswarm Sorc/DK ulti redux builds OP - plz nerf

then

Ground oil is OP, plz nerf

then

Stand on caltrops be immune to siege is OP, plz nerf

then

Stand on enemy caltrops with sap essence twin sisters build OP - plz nerf

then

Use Wall of Elements + oil, hope enemy purges, maximum lulz is OP - plz nerf

then

Use as much stacking heal debuff as possible, darkflare and lethal arrow is OP - plz nerf

then

Use my own caltrops and dots with valkyn skoria meteor lulz is OP - plz nerf

then

Use as much knockback for super fall damage as possible is OP - plz nerf

then

Stack massive spell damage and magicka with a sharpened staff for huge crystal frag hits is OP - plz nerf

then

Stack massive weapon damage + 2 handers for hilarious results is OP - plz nerf

then

Stack massive nirn traits to negate any and all spell damage in the game is OP - plz nerf.

now

Stack proximity det with max magicka and spellpower + gap closers, hit everyone at once with no AOE cap (like I warned you about) is OP - plz nerf

Every time someone is OP, the players use it, deny it is OP, try to stop the nerf, invest heavily into the OP thing to get as much out of it as possible for unfair advantage, then complain when it deservedly gets nerfed, then find the next broken thing...

And on and on and on

@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

yes

I don't think giving everyone hardcapped armor and spell resistance is the way to go to tone down damage :) .

Totally agree.

Do you think ZOS are capable of toning down the damage of specific abilities without totally screwing up the game? I don't. So this nirn band aid is better than nothing.
  • Lesspa
    Lesspa
    ✭✭✭
    ive heard of ppl @ 70k+ sp resist. Nope, not broken at all.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It needs to be fixed because it's negating an entire series of builds. Magicka users do not have access to a trait that can negate an entire stamina build, for good reason. There should not be any given thing in this game that just completely shuts down a build. This is the truth of things, there's no need to deny it. ^__^
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 29, 2015 3:12PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    And thus the life cycle of ESO PvP builds continues.

LA/Staff Vampire Batswarm Sorc/DK ulti redux builds OP - plz nerf

then

Ground oil is OP, plz nerf

then

Stand on caltrops be immune to siege is OP, plz nerf

then

Stand on enemy caltrops with sap essence twin sisters build OP - plz nerf

then

Use Wall of Elements + oil, hope enemy purges, maximum lulz is OP - plz nerf

then

Use as much stacking heal debuff as possible, darkflare and lethal arrow is OP - plz nerf

then

Use my own caltrops and dots with valkyn skoria meteor lulz is OP - plz nerf

then

Use as much knockback for super fall damage as possible is OP - plz nerf

then

Stack massive spell damage and magicka with a sharpened staff for huge crystal frag hits is OP - plz nerf

then

Stack massive weapon damage + 2 handers for hilarious results is OP - plz nerf

then

Stack massive nirn traits to negate any and all spell damage in the game is OP - plz nerf.

now

Stack proximity det with max magicka and spellpower + gap closers, hit everyone at once with no AOE cap (like I warned you about) is OP - plz nerf

Every time someone is OP, the players use it, deny it is OP, try to stop the nerf, invest heavily into the OP thing to get as much out of it as possible for unfair advantage, then complain when it deservedly gets nerfed, then find the next broken thing...

And on and on and on

................don't ever do that again
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be fixed because it'd negating an entire series of builds. Magicka users do not have access to a trait that can negate an entire stamina build, for good reason. There should not be any given thing in this game that just completely shuts down a build. This is the truth of things, there's no need to deny it. ^__^

Agree on principle, its the whole reason crit stam builds went to damage stam builds back in 1.2 or so when everyone figured out impen was ridiculous.

@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesspa wrote: »

Exaggeration is not needed in this thread. Anyone stacking to 70k spell resists is a bad player, nothing more. If you can't see why.... well.... go ahead stack to 70k.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exaggeration is not needed in this thread. Anyone stacking to 70k spell resists is a bad player, nothing more. If you can't see why.... well.... go ahead stack to 70k.

Might be a holdover from when focus was bugged (again), when 70k just barely got you out of the range of the spellpen some of those casters had. Well back to hardcap anyway.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be a holdover from when focus was bugged (again), when 70k just barely got you out of the range of the spellpen some of those casters had. Well back to hardcap anyway.

Regardless it has no bearing on the current discussion, anyone running that now isn't a very good player. Clearly that post was meant to exaggerate as I really doubt anyone is naive enough to run that much spell resists.... I'd hope.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The issue isn't whether it is a good idea or not, the issue is the fact having over two times the hard cap of spell resist is possible due to this bug.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any update on this? Is there any acceptable reason why this fix needs to happen with the next major content update instead of an incremental update?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭

Regardless it has no bearing on the current discussion, anyone running that now isn't a very good player. Clearly that post was meant to exaggerate as I really doubt anyone is naive enough to run that much spell resists.... I'd hope.

or a player that knows something you dont
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@huntler a very well known EP DK runs 70k spell resistance and takes very little damage and wrecks everyone he comes in contact with......how do I know? I had a long talk with him about his build and the choices he made. Turns out he isnt the only one who knows what he knows. He spends countless hours on PTS testing things and then brings that back to live (the results that is).
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yes

Totally agree.

Do you think ZOS are capable of toning down the damage of specific abilities without totally screwing up the game? I don't. So this nirn band aid is better than nothing.

Well tbh, I would rather have a situation in that TTK is very low and it's all about burst damage than one in that everyone has very high mitigation AND never runs out of resources...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

@huntler a very well known EP DK runs 70k spell resistance and takes very little damage and wrecks everyone he comes in contact with......how do I know? I had a long talk with him about his build and the choices he made. Turns out he isnt the only one who knows what he knows. He spends countless hours on PTS testing things and then brings that back to live (the results that is).

I crit that DK for about 60-65% less than I crit people with under 10k resists. My guess is that the hardcap isn't working as intended. Unless he also has about 10-15% reduced damage from crits in the CP tree, along with me ignoring 0% resist from pen. Regardless, that guy is impossible to kill unless 5 or more people are attacking him for a good minute.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn fix soon please, please dont wait til after console launch in JUNE.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well tbh, I would rather have a situation in that TTK is very low and it's all about burst damage than one in that everyone has very high mitigation AND never runs out of resources...

Sure, but these aren't mutually exclusive choices.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

I crit that DK for about 60-65% less than I crit people with under 10k resists. My guess is that the hardcap isn't working as intended. Unless he also has about 10-15% reduced damage from crits in the CP tree, along with me ignoring 0% resist from pen. Regardless, that guy is impossible to kill unless 5 or more people are attacking him for a good minute.

So your CF is hitting a guy with maximum possible spell resist for about ~10k?

That's still ridiculous TTK.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless there is a bug with hardcaps there is absolutely no reason to run that much spell resists when you do the math on what is attainable in spell pen. I won't comment on the possibility of a broken hardcap because... well... fool me once ZOS.... But I guess I don't see the benefit. Given also where I run as far as spell resists at the moment, I do not die to magicka users and I have far less than 70k... but individual observations are really pointless here.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pixysticks I know you know :) it also doesnt help that permablock casting greatly reduces all damage while their stamina pool gets drained by .005% while being attacked and never letting go of block. So you can factor that into it as well with the nirn on armor
    Edited by Gorthax on April 29, 2015 4:46PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pixysticks I know you know :) it also doesnt help that permablock casting greatly reduces all damage while their stamina pool gets drained by .005% while being attacked and never letting go of block. So you can factor that into it as well with the nirn on armor

Thats a good point, given we can guarantee you aren't penetrating any of his spell resists and he is likely including block or some kind of crit damage mitigation, those numbers seem reasonable as far as in game mechanics are concerned.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So your CF is hitting a guy with maximum possible spell resist for about ~10k?

That's still ridiculous TTK.

10k resists, not 10k damage....
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats a good point, given we can guarantee you aren't penetrating any of his spell resists and he is likely including block or some kind of crit damage mitigation, those numbers seem reasonable as far as in game mechanics are concerned.

That DK is taking way less than 50% damage from my spells, without blocking, when I have on every piece of possible pen. The only options are that there is no hardcap on resists and it just scales poorly after 50% reduction, or that he has 50% reduction from spell resist and has every CP into reduced critical & magic/elemental damage.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    dont see why they wont fix it