Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch Notes are up

Swala
Swala
Soul Shriven
Go Look... :)
Nice and early.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually you at least link the patch notes in these types of threads..

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166325/patch-notes-v2-0-6#latest
    Edited by Ace_SiN on April 20, 2015 2:15PM
    King of Beasts

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, and I had a meme all ready and everything =(
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for:

Crown Store
    General
    Fixed an issue where we are spamming players unnecessarily during gameplay

Guess I'm still F2P
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Leader Bug Fix?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I still remember how many times Postern Doors were 'fixed'.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Aw, and I had a meme all ready and everything =(

No dank memes for you today :p
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to extensive pillaging, many containers in Mzeneldt (the Dwemer ruins from the Fighters Guild questline) and Avanchnzel (the Dwemer delve located in the Rift) have been ransacked, causing many of them to be emptier than before.

Wow. Just wow.
    A very subtile approach to start pushing sales of the Dwemer Motifs in the Clown Store...
    Edited by tengri on April 20, 2015 2:21PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    Due to extensive pillaging, many containers in Mzeneldt (the Dwemer ruins from the Fighters Guild questline) and Avanchnzel (the Dwemer delve located in the Rift) have been ransacked, causing many of them to be emptier than before.

Wow. Just wow.
    A very subtile approach to start pushing sales of the Dwemer Motifs in the Clown Store...

Thats exactly what I thought too.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Just wow.
    I stopped for a second there... then continued, thinking "well, I have it complete..."
    Edited by Keron on April 20, 2015 2:37PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you're killing my income!

My best source of money is currently by stealing and looting stuff and fencing them.... and by going to instances with lots of containers. (tho personally I never "farm" the 2 places mentioned in the notes).

Now it's gone.

Oh well. I suppose 10k/hr is too good to last.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They reduced the drop rate in a no danger loot location and an overly farmed delve. Not surprised, and despite the crown store additions I bet the price for my motif pages will still go pretty high.

Also the cost reduction is on armor and weapons, not the green/blue/purple drops. Getting 10k in an hour is still pretty easy with good lockpick and safe box rotations =3
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will now receive a full Enlightenment pool (equal to 12 days of Enlightenment) when first unlocking the Champion System on your account.
    Does this also apply to accounts that have already unlocked the system before this patch? :)
  • Calluna
    Calluna
    ✭✭✭

Wow. Just wow.

It doesn't seem particularly subtle to me. I am guessing this is the tip of the iceburg too.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!

I'm going so slow since patch 1.6 that they are nerfing all the new content before I've even checked it out.

Kinda sad reading all the new patch notes of the lucrative areas/content that I missed already.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Also the cost reduction is on armor and weapons, not the green/blue/purple drops. Getting 10k in an hour is still pretty easy with good lockpick and safe box rotations =3

but thats wehre i make my money. go to the vendors, clean their stuff, go to the crafter stations, clean their stuff and safe boxes.

stealing/looting containers is good, and unaffected, i understand, but it's not as profitable i found compared to grab 3 dozens of great sword and 2 dozens of heavy armors.

safe box rotations? Buddy, we gotta talk. lol

ps: so where is the Legerdemain forum?
    Edited by Davadin on April 20, 2015 2:44PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Wow. Just wow.
    A very subtile approach to start pushing sales of the Dwemer Motifs in the Crown Store...

We understand why you may think that, but these two areas had many more containers than other Dwemer locations and needed to be normalized. It had nothing to do with what's available in the Crown Store. Also, the other part of that note was left out of the quote, and we want to make sure that part isn't forgotten as it's important - we are planning to increase the number of containers in other Dwemer locations in the near future to compensate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What madness is this? Patch notes already up? Launcher already patched?

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ZOS??!?!
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Just wow.
    A very subtile approach to start pushing sales of the Dwemer Motifs in the Crown Store...

We understand why you may think that, but these two areas had many more containers than other Dwemer locations and needed to be normalized. It had nothing to do with what's available in the Crown Store. Also, the other part of that note was left out of the quote, and we want to make sure that part isn't forgotten as it's important - we are planning to increase the number of containers in other Dwemer locations in the near future to compensate.

but whats with the 30% value of stolen goodies?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Just wow.

Speaking of increasing, let me toss out an idea to increase the number in dungeons as well, Vollenfell and Darkshade, if they are completed on hard modes or maybe up to some of the tall pillars. A sort of risk/reward for taking the time in there outside the normal dungeon runs.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on April 20, 2015 2:58PM
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad they didn't mess with Templar's Breath of Life like they hinted they would last week.

Still waiting on solution to PvP Meteor spamming though.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Just wow.

No way, they would never do that
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never liked the Fighter's Guild quest one. Always preferred the early zone Dwemer ruins for easier runs. This pass week I've been pulling a page almost every trip. Hell, I pulled a page out of the containers just outside Mournhold this weekend. Anecdotal, I know, but it feels like the drop rates for Dwemer pages has shot up for me, same for the gears for crafting frames.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow. Just wow.

And yet I am afraid it still doesn't make a great deal of sense.

The logic that seems to be outlined above suggests that because that location was overly productive it had to be "normalized"... ok, I follow you so far... but then you go on to mention that to compensate for this you will be increasing the number of containers in other locations... at which point that particular logical progression runs into a O.o

If, roughly, the same amount (or even greater) capacity is going to exist then what is the logic behind it? I can see a couple of possibilities, some good and some bad:

Good
    1) You want to make in more likely that anyone doing any ruin might get a motif rather than forcing everyone to cluster in a couple of instances. (This only works if the capacity you add really is higher)
    2) You want to spread out the population through the different ruins so as to decrease server load (as per recent responses to the lag in PvP). (Possibly unlikely but still possible)

or

Bad
    3) This really is a nerf designed to decrease the availability of motifs and so push the Crown Store versions. (This will seem to be the case if the capacity you add back is lower... or you take a long time to add it back)
    4) As above but using a different mechanic. (Adding a similar amount of capacity to deflect criticism but banking on the fact that although the hardcore farmers may continue to run circuits, many of the less obsessed farmers will likely conclude their runs after only a few circuits due to the distance between ruins... thus making a lower number of containers available in the same time).

I really really hope that the reason is 1 or 2 or another Good option I haven't spotted... because, sadly, these days I really wouldn't trust it to not be 3 or 4 or something of that ilk.
    Edited by Iluvrien on April 20, 2015 3:28PM
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    but thats wehre i make my money. go to the vendors, clean their stuff, go to the crafter stations, clean their stuff and safe boxes.

stealing/looting containers is good, and unaffected, i understand, but it's not as profitable i found compared to grab 3 dozens of great sword and 2 dozens of heavy armors.

And the fun thing is, not everyone knows this. I see many who look in all the containers, but neglect the weapons/armor hanging in the open, probably because they think they're worthless. Which now that they're nerfed to 30% of the previous value, they are.

What's the point of adding points to Trafficker in Legerdemain now, when the pay-out of loot is nothing?
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hhmmmm....
    Thing is, it's been like that ever since 1.5 when dwemer motifs first came out, so why change this *now* ? And why not increase the number of containers in other dwemer locations right now instead of "in the near future" ?

Frankly Gina, I am supporting 100% the "respect policy" on these forums but really, this kind of answer is close to a lack of respect to our intelligence...

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, I guess Avanchnzel was really too good to be left alone. Pity they waited long enough to make players angry for "balancing" it.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Wow. Just wow.

but whats with the 30% value of stolen goodies?

They were too high. It was very easy for a thief to be very rich.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Just wow.

@ZOS_GinaBruno,

Hello Gina,

When will instanced Dungeons have all containers reset for groups entering them? It's so frustrating when you go into a dungeon and everything in there is already empty. I'm not talking about Group Dungeons either. At times the chests/containers in the Normal and Vet dungeons have nothing in them.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Just wow.

Perish the thought you 'compensate' for them AT THE SAME TIME as removing them.

Of course, it it HELPS players it must be nerfed ASAP, it if hurts them well /shrug, we'll do it sometime "in the near future though we'll not commit to when", is that it ZOS?
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 20, 2015 3:56PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys believe they didnt nerf the drop rates so people would spend $50 on the motif you are all crazy. I know they would never admit it but with them being easy to get basically they had to stop it. They said it "had" to be normalized. no it didnt. It needed to be nerfed because people arent buying the dwemer motif.

God forbid you up the containers in other areas NOW rather than "sometime in the future". We all know sometime in the future means never lol. How stupid do they think we are?
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 20, 2015 3:58PM