Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ps4 version will be better

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Armethius wrote: »
    i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

1. no mods, even playing field for all players
    2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
    3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

any reason these aren't true?
    any more to add?

i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

Mods? there are no mods in the pc version ether. There ARE addons, and honestly the game is tough to play without a few of them. Also PS4/XB1 have no where near the power of a PC, though i could see where those who have lower end ones would enjoy it. And lastly controller support is nice but it will also take getting use to. The console release will be a mess, trust me. It will take some time to be fixed and adjusted. Also its not just on PS4 its also on xb1, i use to like PS but something happened that made me hate sony. But i digress, back to the add on part. PS4/XB1 versions will be crud compared to PC for one main reason...only Voice chat communication thus selling things will be a PAIN

Consoles will have type chat in addition to integrated voice chat
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peasants...
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genomic wrote: »
    Didn't ZOS say they were updating the UI for consoles, adding features from currently popular PC addons?

Yes, yes the did. Although the only one they named was LootDrop.. so we have no idea how much (or little) will be implemented that we currently depend on add-ons for.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭

any more to add?

1the mods are addons making nothing uneven
    2you can play with conrtoler on pc
    3this dosent apply to me
    its not going to be better i hate this thing we allways had i want to play ps4 and pc and i will but im still going think pc is better

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Vita Remote Play
    ESOonVita_zps111d24c3.png

and in a year... MORPHEUS!!! (Maybe)
    IGN-Hands-On-Project-Morpheus-640x353.jpg

well the oclas and the vibe are coming out on pc and you have to think about the shield

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who games on all platforms PC (everything maxed out all of the latest hardware), XB1, PS4, Wii U, and still XBox 360 and PS3 from time to time thanks to the lack of backwards compatibility, I was wondering when a fanboy would make their way over to try and hype themselves up. WELCOME!!!!!!! Took longer than I expected, but welcome nonetheless!

So as someone who is unbiased in that department let me say this:

I'd take even medium graphics on PC over console due to add-ons and how easy it is to type chat.

If I went with console, I'd go with XB1. The reason is: XBOX LIVE. Playstation Network is terrible, untrustworthy, unreliable, and downright a punching bag for hackers whenever they are bored.

Heck, I'd get a Wii U version before I got it on my PS4. My PS4 now remains solely for the few exclusives that I bought the system for in the first place.. one of which got pushed back til next year -.- and another it's in constant stalls.

If all you have is a PS4, I'm sure it will be great because the game is great. However given the options, I'd still take PC for the reasons mentioned and if I do pick it up on console it will be for XB1 due to the much better experience I have years of gaming on both XBL and PSN.

Edit: Also PS has always been my least favorite controller since entering adulthood from my teens. I am pretty tall and I have big hands so the XB1 controller is definitely my go-to controller/gamepad when using one in certain games on PC. That of course will be a matter of preference but it definitely seems to be a favorite.

I imagine they will have some sort of voice integration in-game so that can be both good and bad....no need to list the reasons as they are obvious lol.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on March 31, 2015 9:39PM
  • Brodycanuck
    I feel like mods are cheating, I even feel like Im cheating because I have the skyshard addon. A big thing I hate about WoW is how people can have a fully modified interface, and then also having macros which made playing the game 1000 times easier. This is one of the reasons I dont like MMOs, theres always people that will go out and get every single advantage they possibly can, instead of playing on an even ground
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like mods are cheating, I even feel like Im cheating because I have the skyshard addon. A big thing I hate about WoW is how people can have a fully modified interface, and then also having macros which made playing the game 1000 times easier. This is one of the reasons I dont like MMOs, theres always people that will go out and get every single advantage they possibly can, instead of playing on an even ground

welcome to ANY competitive game.
  • haileyjschmidtub17_ESO
    Cathrin wrote: »
    Then there are addons that show all bosses, locations and skyshards. These are of course an advantage, if they are used and should not really be in the game at all.

I just had to note on this.
    Before these add ons where even out I used this magical thing called the internet to google the locations of things :3
    These add-on that people use are no more an advantage then using google.
    Unless you want to ban players from using search engines Ms. Hardcore.
    Edited by haileyjschmidtub17_ESO on March 31, 2015 9:49PM
  • A247
    A247
    ✭✭
    I have never used addons for this game, because I enjoy the elder scrolls look without having clutter on my interface. Addons are unnecessary in the game to play and perform well. It also makes fights more challenging and makes you more aware as a player without relying on numbers. However I do use SweetFX to enhance my graphics and make the game look great. Console players will never be able to enhance their graphics with SweetFX. I couldn't imagine playing the game without it.
    Edited by A247 on March 31, 2015 10:26PM
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then there are addons that show all bosses, locations and skyshards. These are of course an advantage, if they are used and should not really be in the game at all.

Before these add ons where even out I used this magical thing called the internet to google the locations of things :3

That's precisely true. There are even PS Trophy and XBox Achievement communities with guides and all. I avoid them like the plague, I don't buy games to see spoilers. I have fun learning, however to each their own. If some people want to know all locations from an add-on or search engine, good for them.

Add-ons don't provide any real advantage besides time-saving and more detailed information. There were a few that I heard of which kept track of who was a vamp, etc...that sort of thing should not be allowed but hey some people need those training wheels I guess (as lame as I think that is).
  • haileyjschmidtub17_ESO
    That's precisely true. There are even PS Trophy and XBox Achievement communities with guides and all. I avoid them like the plague, I don't buy games to see spoilers. I have fun learning, however to each their own. If some people want to know all locations from an add-on or search engine, good for them.

Add-ons don't provide any real advantage besides time-saving and more detailed information. There were a few that I heard of which kept track of who was a vamp, etc...that sort of thing should not be allowed but hey some people need those training wheels I guess (as lame as I think that is).
    Yeah I'm not debating whether it's a good thing or not xD
    I'm casual and I know it 8) I've done games the old way but search engines have given me their forbidden fruit and I'm hooked.

Yeah anything that is legitimately unfair I can understand but I haven't seen any add-ons *currently* that do that.
    Most add-ons are like cash-shop items, purely convenience.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

any more to add?

In my honest opinion having no addons is a bad thing, the UI is terrible and without many of the addons i have i'd never know what exactly is going on.

I don't see how a controller will make it easier, i am pretty sure it's far easier to press 1-5 + R than to use thumb sticks to select abilities you want to use etc. It's personal preference when it comes to controls and i'd prefer the mouse and keyboard over a game pad.

The only reason console versions will suffer less from lag is due to a smaller player base. MMO's are rarely popular on consoles and i don't see ESO being any different. Not to mention the game runs terrible even on the best of machines once many players zerg up. Again, i don't see this being any different on consoles unless they have a far reduced population cap on PvP servers. Which is possible since console players will be far less forgiving if the game runs like crap.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They then normally end up on forums complaining the game is too easy!
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busting everyone down to the stoneage makes it all even, but that doesn't make it GOOD.

This statement is so very full of win.

Sorry, that just looks like a chiropractor bill and possibly a class action lawsuit for severe neck trauma.

I know everyone is excited for VR to become a reality, but this sort of seems more like strapping a game boy to my face. No thanks!

I think what it comes down to for me is that I hate consoles with a fiery passion of principles and expectations I personally feel they fly in the face of (no image-related pun intended). Too many invasions of privacy and massive gimmicky moneygrabs holding back superior PC game development for me to support them.

As others have said, PC has ALL the things a console has and more. Controller support, TV-out capabilities, better graphics, better networking (voice chat if you want as well), and ESSENTIAL addons.

But I understand, if a decent PC is out of one's reach, there is no shame settling for the lesser option. Better to experience ESO on inferior hardware than not at all I say.
    Edited by Phinix1 on March 31, 2015 10:11PM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can not judge if the PS4 version will be better, but there are sure a few advantages that consoles have over PCs.

1. Hardware

All PS4 consoles are the same, so that ZOS doesn't need to consider various specifications. A lot of the compatibility issues on PC´s come from the different game systems that players run. Not all games run with OC hardware, others suffer under Nvidia SLI setups, then again we have like 30 or more CPU configurations and hundreds of different cooling solutions ... It must be hell to develop a game considering all of this. That's why games did run much better in the 90s, as we didn't had such a huge variety there.

2. Addons

While some players need them to play, they can damage your game a lot and were not considered in the original gaming code. I bet that 80% of the problems which people have with crashing, DC etc. come from Addons. I play without any of them and don't run into any major issues with ESO.

3. API

Consoles need a lot less CPU power than our outdated directx systems. I wouldn't be surprised if the game will actually run smoother on consoles than on most PCs these days. IF ZOS is smart then they will utilize the full console specifications much better than currently on PC. It will probably take a while until the PC is back on track as the better gaming device (performance wise). I am very curious about the new directx, if it really comes later this year. But I don't believe in miracles, so I am very skeptical + we don't have any games for it yet and I am unsure how DX11 games will behave there.

I spoke to someone recently who was running a DX11 vs. 12 test and he gained a one to four draw call increase with less CPU overhead. That's quite something, but ya its too early to tell.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can already play ESO on my Oculus on PC.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »
    Vita Remote Play
    ESOonVita_zps111d24c3.png

well the oclas and the vibe are coming out on pc and you have to think about the shield

yea but the thing is, I don't OWN the shield ... I own the vita and use it regularly. I'm waiting to see if I get the Oculous or the Morpheus... jury is out on that one.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busting everyone down to the stoneage makes it all even, but that doesn't make it GOOD.

This statement is so very full of win.

Sorry, that just looks like a chiropractor bill and possibly a class action lawsuit for severe neck trauma.

I know everyone is excited for VR to become a reality, but this sort of seems more like strapping a game boy to my face. No thanks!

I think what it comes down to for me is that I hate consoles with a fiery passion of principles and expectations I personally feel they fly in the face of (no image-related pun intended). Too many invasions of privacy and massive gimmicky moneygrabs holding back superior PC game development for me to support them.

As others have said, PC has ALL the things a console has and more. Controller support, TV-out capabilities, better graphics, better networking (voice chat if you want as well), and ESSENTIAL addons.

But I understand, if a decent PC is out of one's reach, there is no shame settling for the lesser option. Better to experience ESO on inferior hardware than not at all I say.

Actually, from what I've read/heard the Morpheus is the most comfortable of all the VR helmets out there.

But I'm a Playstation fanboy so I skew that way just because I like the gaming experience on Playstation. That being said the ONLY reason I'll be playing on PS4 (as well as PC) is because it's B2P and it's going to cost me $20 to get the game and no monthly fees... so no risk for me. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on March 31, 2015 11:43PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt anything could be more unstable than the PC version so Consoles may have a chance.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't imagine playing this game without at least the Advanced Filters addon. I mean, I remember doing it, but going back to that would be like ditching my car for horse.
    [DC/NA]
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The decision to allow established chars to waltz in from PC to console pretty much has killed console ESO before it even launched.
    Every exploit, every cheat, every unfair advantage (and there were plenty over this last year) will pay off and pollute the console servers right from the start.
    Yes, console ESO died before it even launched.
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭

And where did I say to ban players that use these add ons?
    I think there is just a difference. Custom UI should be in the game fom the beginning, those skyshard map tools not. Or even better: Make them optional after you once completed the game.

I don't really care, if people use that stuff or not and since console and PC players are separated, it doesn't really matter.

• Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

any more to add?

1. Big issue when the console UI is as bad as the PC UI. Console players will be totally dependant on PC players and that's just dumb.

2. That might be true.

3. Don't think they will have a better performance. The big issue are the server lag. FF XIV on PS4 is 1080p, beautiful graphic and no lags at all - I doubt Zenimax can make that work.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumnoch wrote: »
    No mods = a much crappier playing experience in my opinion.
    Precisely.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is unplayable w/o addons and unplayable w/o mousse/keyboard. Have fun in pvp ...
  • Turimblar
    Turimblar
    I'm a casual player. I've only tested the beta a few times last year, so I must say I'm one of those that looks really forward to ESO for PS4.
    I was hoping to see a PS4 beta now during Easter...

On topic; even though I'm no PC player, I think most "pro players" I know, prefer PC.
    But some of those same guys also got PS4s, and at least 2-3 of them will get ESO with me to play together on PS4.
    We all love the ES universe, and finally we're going to play it out in co-op. I remember we were fantasizing about this during Daggerfall!
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    April fools?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will certainly make it a lot easier for ZOS. No addons means no one will ever know half the Champion skills and other abilities aren't even working, therefore fewer complaints lol.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, while most of the conversation here is fine, please remember that we do not allow bashing/flaming on the forums, and this includes attacking a platform (and by extension, those who play on it).

Preference on things like keyboard/controller, or desk/couch, or add-ons or none are personal and vary - please be respectful of that fact.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post