ps4 version will be better

Armethius
Armethius
✭✭
i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

1. no mods, even playing field for all players
2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

any reason these aren't true?
any more to add?

i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

    1. no mods, even playing field for all players
    2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
    3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

    any reason these aren't true?
    any more to add?

    i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

    There are mod's that the majority of the playerbase consider "essential" to playing this game. Fixes from UI interface, to questing, to crafting. No mods = a much crappier playing experience in my opinion. In a game that lacks so much in so many area's it's a good thing they went B2P because this game is not worth a monthly sub in the PC market, much less console.
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Number 2 I disagree with, and I have a better rig than my PS4 so number 3 is out for me too. Number 1 depends if you do/n't like mods.

    number 1 is correct in all cases. players who don't dl mods are at a disadvantage. these are the same players that play the game because they love the visuals and the design of the elder scrolls series. why should i have to download all these colored bars/shouting text messages just to compete in pvp. its kind of stupid ZOS even allows them
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be playing on my Xbox one.. I can play all my elder scrolls games on the xbox 360, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and the only reason I bought an xbox one was for ESO.. I love playing with a controller! No mods no nothing but the very best of what Bethesda gives me!!!
    This franchise rules!!!
    Edited by Argoniawind on March 31, 2015 7:46PM
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumnoch wrote: »
    Armethius wrote: »
    i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

    1. no mods, even playing field for all players
    2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
    3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

    any reason these aren't true?
    any more to add?

    i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

    There are mod's that the majority of the playerbase consider "essential" to playing this game. Fixes from UI interface, to questing, to crafting. No mods = a much crappier playing experience in my opinion. In a game that lacks so much in so many area's it's a good thing they went B2P because this game is not worth a monthly sub in the PC market, much less console.

    Majority of the playerbase? No. Fixes to the UI? Not really. The UI isn't broken.

    You like playing with mods? Fine. But don't make things up.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭
    Mumnoch wrote: »
    Armethius wrote: »
    i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

    1. no mods, even playing field for all players
    2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
    3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

    any reason these aren't true?
    any more to add?

    i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

    There are mod's that the majority of the playerbase consider "essential" to playing this game. Fixes from UI interface, to questing, to crafting. No mods = a much crappier playing experience in my opinion. In a game that lacks so much in so many area's it's a good thing they went B2P because this game is not worth a monthly sub in the PC market, much less console.

    ive played the game addon-less since launch and i've never had any issues besides the first month when questing was bugged everywhere.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Number 2 I disagree with, and I have a better rig than my PS4 so number 3 is out for me too. Number 1 depends if you do/n't like mods.

    number 1 is correct in all cases. players who don't dl mods are at a disadvantage. these are the same players that play the game because they love the visuals and the design of the elder scrolls series. why should i have to download all these colored bars/shouting text messages just to compete in pvp. its kind of stupid ZOS even allows them

    Like I said, whether its a negative or positive is based on your stance on add-ons in the first place.
    Edited by BBSooner on March 31, 2015 7:36PM
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Or the Xbox One version, as the three items you listed will be the same there.

    I bought the game last year just so that I could transfer to the One, but despite that I disagree with your items 1 and 2. I think keyboard and mouse give better options, more buttons = better, and I will miss the mods which help me find stuff. Also, since my PC runs with all the settings maxed #3 has no meaning for me.

    So why do I want it on the Xbox? I just want to sit in my recliner, and play a game with my friends over Xbox Live. I don't need other reasons to like it.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my big thing with add-ons is this. None of them give anyone an unfair advantage, they do not reveal where a person is or tell them exactly how to kill them. They simply make the UI more friendly for the person using them, some enjoy seeing their DPS in a chart. Others use it to make the game more immersive. NOW if it was a hack or a mod like what we use on skyrim and such then yes that is one sided. But you do not need add-ons to be viable in pvp or pve. my friend runs eso without them and has no issues at all,.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭
    Or the Xbox One version, as the three items you listed will be the same there.

    I bought the game last year just so that I could transfer to the One, but despite that I disagree with your items 1 and 2. I think keyboard and mouse give better options, more buttons = better, and I will miss the mods which help me find stuff. Also, since my PC runs with all the settings maxed #3 has no meaning for me.

    So why do I want it on the Xbox? I just want to sit in my recliner, and play a game with my friends over Xbox Live. I don't need other reasons to like it.

    thats a good one too
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    I thought xbox one was giving keyboard support. Anyways I will be playing on console and pc. This game caused me to build a pc while I await console version.
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

    1. no mods, even playing field for all players
    2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
    3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

    any reason these aren't true?
    any more to add?

    i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

    STRONGLY disagree.

    Even playing field? Sure, everyone is stuck with the worst UI and lack of useful tools. Busting everyone down to the stoneage makes it all even, but that doesn't make it GOOD.

    Easier to control? Sorry, it's been proven time and again that the mouse+keyboard provides superior input for games than the controller, especially if you're playing in first person mode. Just because you like it doesn't make it better.

    Optimized graphics....see my first point. Even the most potato PC is on par with a console unless you're running hardware from over 5 years ago.

    Look, I get that some people like consoles. But here's a tip: Plug your PC into the same TV you use for consoles. Plug a controller into your PC and sit on your couch. Congrats! All the same feeling of playing on a console without dealing with any of the weaksauce that consoles bring to the table.

    +1

    I keep telling that to people for years, but i won't go into anymore details, as i don't want to bring up the "PC Master race" and "Console peasant" wars xD We'll have plenty of that after the console version goes live, oh boy oh boy!! Gotta make sure i have plenty of popcorn when the time comes! :D
    Edited by Egonieser on March 31, 2015 7:50PM
    Sometimes, I dream about...cheese...

    Dermont - v16 Pompous Altmer Sorcerer (With a very arrogant face!)
    Egonieser - v16 Nord Stamina Dragonborn Wannabe
    Endoly - v16 Tiny Redguard Sharpened MaceBlade
    Egosalina - v16 Breton Cheesus Beam Specialist
    Egowen - v16 Dunmer Whipping Expert (Riding crops eluded her)
    (Yes, I had to grind all these to v16)
    Akamanakh - lvl 22 Khajiit GankBlade (Inspired by Top Cat)
    Targos Icewind - lvl 34 Imperial (Future) Jabplar
    (CP 830+)

    PC - EU
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    UI addons are very nice to have, since they can be customized. The standard UI cannot. I want so see my buffs and debuffs on screen and not with some animation on my character or through a "broken" healthbar. I have played the game through with the standard UI, but in endgame I prefer more information. I don't need to see my acutal damage or damage taken, but as I said, buffs etc must be in my field of view.
    I had a custom UI in SWTOR, too.

    Then there are addons that show all bosses, locations and skyshards. These are of course an advantage, if they are used and should not really be in the game at all.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you like playing blind and having no idea what items you are picking up if you autoloot and no idea how much damage you are doing?
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little confused. Depends on what you mean by better. I could turn your reasons around and make the PC version sound better.

    1. PC version has mods, making many aspects of the game more convenient.

    2. Sorry, but I am pretty sure you will be able to turn quicker and aim better with a M&K.

    3. There is no way the PS4 version is going to look better than the PC version I am running, both vanilla and Sweet FX etc.


    So for me its no contest. Pc version is better. Just my 2 cents.
    Edited by TheTwistedRune on March 31, 2015 7:48PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, my use of add ons has been key to me uncovering and pinpointing various skill bugs.

    On the console version everyone will be equally unable to document bugs; it should make ZOS' job a lot easier.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Personally, my use of add ons has been key to me uncovering and pinpointing various skill bugs.

    On the console version everyone will be equally unable to document bugs; it should make ZOS' job a lot easier.

    ^^This and I already emulate a controller so, and they are adding controller support soon (check you user setting file) so no need to leave my PC.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    i think the ps4 version will be better for a couple reasons:

    1. no mods, even playing field for all players
    2. much easier to control character with buttons and joystick
    3. optmized graphics for those who dont have the hottest computer

    any reason these aren't true?
    any more to add?

    i pretty much bought the ps4 anticipating this release... can't wait

    1.no addons, no dice. The sorry excuse of matching UI to console is proven wrong at this point. UI and other things still suck, but at least we can fix it with addons.
    2. I have X-padder. I tried it, didn't like it. I use more buttons than a controller has.
    3. I don't personally have an issue with graphics other than size, but I could easily hook up to the tv if I wanted to and have the best of both worlds.

    It all comes down to preference. I can't wait though for console release either!!! Less players on pc server, less lag :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Number 2 I disagree with, and I have a better rig than my PS4 so number 3 is out for me too. Number 1 depends if you do/n't like mods.

    number 1 is correct in all cases. players who don't dl mods are at a disadvantage. these are the same players that play the game because they love the visuals and the design of the elder scrolls series. why should i have to download all these colored bars/shouting text messages just to compete in pvp. its kind of stupid ZOS even allows them

    The game is an MMO first and foremost. They left the API open to allow for people to either play with a Minimalistic UI as common in other Elder Scrolls games or use add-ons to make the game's UI more akin to what MMO players are used to.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

    Captain of the Black Howling

    "There's no such thing as overkill..."

    "No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

    P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    Community Ambassador
    I love add-ons. Although, I understand your point of "even" for all players... so I guess I do agree. Although this is like wanting nerfs.. rather than nerf, can't we just buff the existing UI? (I pity those who have to remember/check to see what items they need to keep for research..)

    2. No. It's not. That's all personal preference. Me trying to walk/look around with a controller is hilarious.
    3. Only applies if you have a bad computer. If you have a good computer, it actually makes the PS4 version worse.

    Benefits of PC:
    1. mods Optional add-ons for those who want them, allows people who do not want them not to use them.
    2. much easier to control character with mouse and keyboard
    3. optimized graphics.

    See what I did there? :trollface:
    Lone Wolf Help
    For the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.
    PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord | WWW
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good ole console vs PC war, never ends.
    My Imgakin beta monkey got lost in a load screen.
    Lupis Mortis EP Magplar
    Duke of Blood EP Stamplar


    PSN: Tequilafire
    PC: @Tequilafire


  • Hassgrinsen
    People don't understand how powerful the PS4 is. It's basically an Athlon FX octa-core with a 7970m APU w/ HSA. You won't be able to appreciate it without being an OpenCL or CUDA developer, but the power comes from the architecture. You don't have to move data over the PCI-E bus for GPGPU computing, the APU and CPU share the same memory address space.

    Not only is it a *** 7970 but the CPU and GPU can share the 8gb of GDDR5. This arch lets you do most of what you could do on Cell via SPUs but easier and faster.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vita Remote Play
    ESOonVita_zps111d24c3.png

    and in a year... MORPHEUS!!! (Maybe)
    IGN-Hands-On-Project-Morpheus-640x353.jpg
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

    Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Hassgrinsen
    PS: I'm not a PS4 fanboy by any means, but having done some work in OpenCL I can't help but appreciate what the new arch means. I'm actually planning on getting an xbox one when they start doubling as dev kits.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, am I the only one who fears the console servers will be sort of empty and because of that fact, will suffer in the long run?

    PS: I hope my fears are wrong, I don't want ZOS to go bankrupt and close their doors and the game because console sales aren't as great as everyone hopes they will be.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on March 31, 2015 8:47PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

    Captain of the Black Howling

    "There's no such thing as overkill..."

    "No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

    P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't ZOS say they were updating the UI for consoles, adding features from currently popular PC addons?
Sign In or Register to comment.