The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ps4 version will be better

• dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    dwtdwtdwt wrote: »
    @Armethius I can't think of a single addon (aka mod) that gives a player an advantage over another player. If there is an example that you can give me, I would like to know it so I can download it and use it.

If they don't give you an advantage why does every single PvP video have huge red text alerting you to your character's status?
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭

Optimized graphics....see my first point. Even the most potato PC is on par with a console unless you're running hardware from over 5 years ago.

Look, I get that some people like consoles. But here's a tip: Plug your PC into the same TV you use for consoles. Plug a controller into your PC and sit on your couch. Congrats! All the same feeling of playing on a console without dealing with any of the weaksauce that consoles bring to the table.

You cannot compare PC specs to consoles like that.

There's thousands of different combinations when it comes to PC specs. Which makes optimizing the game for PC impossible compared to consoles.

With consoles they got one setup of specs to work with, and they can fully utilize it. This means way better graphics on far lower specs.

Unless ZOS fail ofcourse..

You will probably need at least a new i7 with higher clock per core, and a GTX970 to beat ps4/xbox one version of ESO.ESO is poorly optimized for PC. my i7 is at a shocking 30% load in Cyrodiil, my GPU runs Battlefield 4 with far better graphics and far better framerate.

Edited by LEGENDARYYY on April 2, 2015 11:35PM
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They designed the game to eventually be easily converted to consoles. That's why we don't have so many basic industry standards for MMOs in the UI.

No they didn't.

They designed a completely different UI for consoles. This was just an assumption that we made because the UI is so clunky and uninformative.

But we were wrong, they didn't design our PC UI for consoles. They just designed a really bad UI.
    Edited by Varicite on April 2, 2015 11:38PM
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched a video of the console version, and the ui looked pretty cloae to the same, with only a few alterations to accomodate a controller instead of a M+KB. Not sure how old the video I watched was, however. They could have updated it.

Either way the default UI is disgrace.
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched a video of the console version, and the ui looked pretty cloae to the same, with only a few alterations to accomodate a controller instead of a M+KB. Not sure how old the video I watched was, however. They could have updated it.

Either way the default UI is disgrace.

But that's just it, they made it to better accommodate a controller. That kinda shows that the original UI design wasn't made to accommodate controllers and consoles, which is what we all assumed.

Here's a quote from an interview w/ Matt Firor:

"It's also important to note that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO are not just ports of the PC/Mac game," Firor continued.

"We have completely replaced the PC user interface with a console-specific UI designed from the ground-up with a controller and a living room play experience in mind.

"We've also added voice chat and full integration with XBL and PSN. Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015."

- excerpt from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-05-bethesda-shows-glimpse-of-the-elder-scrolls-onlines-console-version

He very clearly states that they replaced the PC UI w/ a console-specific one designed specifically for controllers and the living room. The screenshot shows that the item management system has been completely replaced w/ a Skyrim-style menu.

The video interview is a really old one and doesn't actually show anything about the console version, but the article itself is relevant. : P

• Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    Well if that's the UI the console gamers get, I guess they're lucky they aren't cross platformed with the PC. Poor sods.
    Edited by Eliteseraph on April 3, 2015 2:32AM
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if that's the UI the console gamers get, I guess they're lucky they aren't cross platformed with the PC. Poor sods.

lol, agreed only because we have access to addons to fix our terrible UI and complete lack of relevant information.
    Edited by Varicite on April 3, 2015 2:40AM
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dietlime wrote: »
    dwtdwtdwt wrote: »
    @Armethius I can't think of a single addon (aka mod) that gives a player an advantage over another player. If there is an example that you can give me, I would like to know it so I can download it and use it.

If they don't give you an advantage why does every single PvP video have huge red text alerting you to your character's status?

Combat overview is an advantage. But it's not unfair. Combat overview should have been granted by the game alone without addons.
    Varicite wrote: »
    They designed the game to eventually be easily converted to consoles. That's why we don't have so many basic industry standards for MMOs in the UI.

No they didn't.

They designed a completely different UI for consoles. This was just an assumption that we made because the UI is so clunky and uninformative.

But we were wrong, they didn't design our PC UI for consoles. They just designed a really bad UI.

Have you already seen the console UI? I haven't seen it yet.
    Edited by Seraphyel on April 3, 2015 8:29AM
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015."

*Checks calendar*
  • Gromzok
    Gromzok
    ✭✭
    Genomic wrote: »

"Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015."

*Checks calendar*

I know how you feel m8 :neutral:
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Hi everyone, while most of the conversation here is fine, please remember that we do not allow bashing/flaming on the forums, and this includes attacking a platform (and by extension, those who play on it).

Preference on things like keyboard/controller, or desk/couch, or add-ons or none are personal and vary - please be respectful of that fact.

Fix the Game and there won't be any flaming and bashing...
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of sad that console players won't be on PC servers, would be so much fun running in circles, looking at the sad confused kids trying to turn around quick enough to even see me :P
    Edited by Dudis on April 3, 2015 11:44AM
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game should have never allowed addons in the first place.
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they didn't.

Have you already seen the console UI? I
    StaticWax wrote: »

Then they should have made a better UI.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    number 1 is correct in all cases. players who don't dl mods are at a disadvantage. these are the same players that play the game because they love the visuals and the design of the elder scrolls series. why should i have to download all these colored bars/shouting text messages just to compete in pvp. its kind of stupid ZOS even allows them

Wrong.

While they are at a disadvantage it does not make the game better to have no addons available. Many addons are considered essential and add greatly to the game. It is not stupid ZOS allows them - it is by a huge part what has saved this game from going down the toilet.
    If you do not want to download that is your choice and you choose to be at a disadvantage. It does make the game better.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    Have you already seen the console UI?

No more than a few screenshots, but I'm told there was a sneak peek in one of the recent dev videos.

However, I did link the interview w/ Matt Firor where he implicitly states exactly what I said, and in that link there is a screenshot of the inventory management system that was pretty much ripped directly from Skyrim.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this game weren't allowed to have addons, you'd still be playing the broken buggy mess that we had at launch, and you'd still have no idea that NONE of the NB passives actually work, half the skills don't do what their tooltip says, and you most definitely would have NO idea what any of the mechanics behind the game were.

Honestly, you wouldn't even have a clue how hard you could even hit things or heal yourself for.

If that's "better" to you, then you can have it. The consoles await.

But make sure to thank all of the addon developers for their contribution to making the game playable for you on the console, because that's exactly what they did. And using those addons, WE did much of ZOS' work for them in the past year.

• Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this game weren't allowed to have addons, you'd still be playing the broken buggy mess that we had at launch, and you'd still have no idea that NONE of the NB passives actually work, half the skills don't do what their tooltip says, and you most definitely would have NO idea what any of the mechanics behind the game were.

Honestly, you wouldn't even have a clue how hard you could even hit things or heal yourself for.

If that's "better" to you, then you can have it. The consoles await.

But make sure to thank all of the addon developers for their contribution to making the game playable for you on the console, because that's exactly what they did. And using those addons, WE did much of ZOS' work for them in the past year.

Thank you.
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭

I'm afraid I have to disagree completely. Allowing the player-base to create and contribute solutions to problems in the game is a VERY good idea, so long as it's moderated to not allow outright cheating(seeing through walls, teleporting, etc). Games which allow the modding community to operate are often much more successful than those without.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is still making me laugh pretty hard.

PC>console quite literally.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire