Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summonable Beast Merchants and Banker Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The idea of beast merchants isn't anything new to the Elder Scrolls. Morrowind has both the Mudcrab Merchant and the Creeper. The Crown Store could sell items that would allow players to summon these beast merchants while out and about.

Each item should be a one time use consumable item that should be sold through the Crown Store and obtainable once through in-game questing. The player could even be required to complete the quests before they can buy the Summoning Items from the Crown Store.

Mudbrab Merchant Bait: One time use. Players pull out some crumbs, scatter them on the ground and the Mudcrab crawls out of the ground, ready to buy, sell, or repair!
kNRWREj.jpg?1

Creeper Effigy: One time use. Players pull out a little scamp effigy and burn it. The Creeper merchant appears out of thin air through a puff of smoke, ready to buy or launder your stolen items.
cFCTnmv.jpg?1

Goblin Banker Coin: One time use. Players pull out a coin purse, retrieves one gold coin and toss it into the air in front of them. A well dressed Goblin (well, for a goblin anyway) riding a Bristleback trots up. Behind the Goblin, on the back of the boar, is a lockbox while various bags and satchels hang down its side. The Goblin is there for you to access your personal bank only.
1024px-Goblin_Trouble.png

NOTE: I find it funny that when I was looking for "Goblin Banker" images I discovered there are goblin bankers in WoW. I don't think this means ESO can't have a goblin banker also.

These would be very useful items that many players would be grateful to be able to have with them.
Edited by Gidorick on January 19, 2016 10:19PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahaha hysterical!

Fun and whimsical without being too out of bounds on the lore.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have an idea, lets make Maiq the Liar a merchant, then we have a reason to look for him :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, I have no object to Beast/Daedra as merchants, not sure about summonable merchants, but no objection to Beast/Daedra merchants.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point though? There are merchants everywhere in Tamriel and on the main roads as well
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »
    What's the point though? There are merchants everywhere in Tamriel and on the main roads as well

Just to add to options (and some items in the crown store)

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is literally one of the best ideas for ESO so far. They should hire you lol
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Thanks @Yusuf. I think adding the items would add gameplayability to ESO and make ZOS a good deal of cash!

Win/win!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea, lets make Maiq the Liar a merchant, then we have a reason to look for him

Yes yes, a million times yes. Imagine the rare/unique loot he'd sell when you've found him all over Tamriel....
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea, lets make Maiq the Liar a merchant, then we have a reason to look for him

Yes yes, a million times yes. Imagine the rare/unique loot he'd sell when you've found him all over Tamriel....

Lol. it would be awesome if he wasn't a merchant, exactly, but offered to sell you a different rare and unique item every time you found him.

Sometimes it IS the rare and unique item, sometimes it's junk.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about that.

Isn't one of his Quotes..."Maiq knows not of these rare weapons you seek, but Maiq does have 3 cans of purple paint."
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about that.

Isn't one of his Quotes..."Maiq knows not of these rare weapons you seek, but Maiq does have 3 cans of purple paint."

Lol. That's awesome.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Don't like the idea. I'd prefer they give us an inventory large enough for most anything we can throw at it than resort to this hack.

Also, this might be exploited to bypass game limitations (e.g. the need to go into town while having a bounty on your head).
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Nope. Don't like the idea. I'd prefer they give us an inventory large enough for most anything we can throw at it than resort to this hack.

Also, this might be exploited to bypass game limitations (e.g. the need to go into town while having a bounty on your head).

the Creeper would totally allow that, but to use a player would HAVE to buy the effigy from the crown store. Makin' da money for ZOS.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    The idea of beast merchants isn't anything new to the Elder Scrolls. Morrowind has both the Mudcrab Merchant and the Creeper. The Crown Store could sell items that would allow players to summon these beast merchants while out and about.

Each item should be a one time use consumable item that should be sold through the Crown Store and obtainable once through in-game questing. The player could even be required to complete the quests before they can buy the Summoning Items from the Crown Store.

Mudbrab Merchant Bait: One time use. Players pull out some crumbs, scatter them on the ground and the Mudcrab crawls out of the ground, ready to buy, sell, or repair!
    kNRWREj.jpg?1

Creeper Effigy: One time use. Players pull out a little scamp effigy and burn it. The Creeper merchant appears out of thin air through a puff of smoke, ready to buy or launder your stolen items.
    cFCTnmv.jpg?1

Goblin Banker Coin: One time use. Players pull out a coin purse, retrieve one gold coin and toss it into the air in front of them. A well dressed Goblin (well, for a goblin anyway) riding a Bristleback trots up. Behind the Goblin, on the back of the boar, is a lockbox while various bags and satchels hang down its side. The Goblin is there for you to access your personal bank only.

NOTE: I find it funny that when I was looking for "Goblin Banker" images I discovered there are goblin bankers in WoW. I don't think this means ESO can't have a goblin banker also.

These would be very useful items that many players would be grateful to be able to have with them.

I would actually use Crowns for this^^^
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

kNRWREj.jpg?1

cFCTnmv.jpg?1

Goblin Banker Coin: One time use. Players pull out a coin purse, retrieve one gold coin and toss it into the air in front of them. A well dressed Goblin (well, for a goblin anyway) riding a Bristleback trots up. Behind the Goblin, on the back of the boar, is a lockbox while various bags and satchels hang down its side. The Goblin is there for you to access your personal bank only.

I would actually use Crowns for this^^^

I also suggest non-consumable versions of the items that summon these creatures be given to subscribers, with a cooldown, of course. :wink:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150450/eso-subscription-benefits-suggestions/p1
    Edited by Gidorick on March 11, 2015 7:28PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, I prefer the feel of the world as it is an going into town for a bank or finding a merchant on the road.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, I prefer the feel of the world as it is an going into town for a bank or finding a merchant on the road.

This wouldn't replace that In any way. This is just an additional option. Or did you mean that you "prefer everyone else also be required to go into town for a bank or find a merchant on the road" ? :lol:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This wouldn't replace that In any way. This is just an additional option. Or did you mean that you "prefer everyone else also be required to go into town for a bank or find a merchant on the road" ? :lol:

I mean the feel of the game, where people have reasons to go to towns on a regular basis.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean the feel of the game, where people have reasons to go to towns on a regular basis.

Well, my concept is that the three individual items are only available in the game once... then they are available in the crown store. As Subscriber bonuses they have cooldowns:
    • Mudcrab Merchant Whistle with a 36 hour cooldown
    • Creeper Summoning Relic with a 48 hour cooldown
    • Goblin Banker Bell with a 72 hour cooldown

So, people would have to pay actual money if they wanted to just always use it. Like ANY system there would be people who always choose to use this system exclusively but most people would use the summonables as an emergency or last minute before they log-out sort of thing.

I personally feel the added convenience coupled with the added revenue for ZOS would be well worth the slight change in player behavior. That is, however, just my own opinion, though. :smile:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is responding to the below post that can be found on this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1809327/#Comment_1809327
    Powtreeman wrote: »
    This isn't WoW and I would like it to be less like WoW. There are too little gear sets that are easy to get to want transmogrify and it would make costumes pointless.

Traveling merchants would just give botters an easier time and would make people stay in caves way longer. They already just mail themselves the gear.

Goblin banker? Goblins are not smart in ESO like they are in WoW. They would just lose or steal your stuff.

Kids? why? Pointless NPCs

I agree that Goblins aren't overly intelligent in the Elder Scrolls @Powtreeman, but they do possess enough intelligence to scavenge, domesticate wild-life and organize in tribes.

I did consider a Riekling, as they seem to be a bit more intelligent than a Goblin but they aren't as widely spread as Goblins, of course in this context it wouldn't really matter and Rieklings would be Elder Scrolls specific. They DO show up as followers in the Dragonborn DLC and you CAN trade with them as a follower....

What do you think? Would a Riekling make a better fit or do you have another suggestion for the Beast Banker @Powtreeman?

But remember!... we're suggesting a Mudcrab to be a Merchant, which is directly from lore! :lol:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    mud crab should follow you for a month but still be one time use

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »
    mud crab should follow you for a month but still be one time use

lol. like.. just follow you around but you're not able to actually USE it?

The Mudcrab Merchant's quotes are quite annoying so I would imagine it just annoys you the whole time with singing, jokes, personal jabs and ridicule.

Some of it's quotes in Morrowind:

"Whaddaya think? Sheesh. I'm a mudcarb... crab. Shure. A mudcrab. Thas me. Pretty sure. I LOOK like a mudcrab, right? Mush be. Thish IS me talking, right? So? I mush be... A talking mudcrab. And I sells stuff, right? So? I mush be a talking mudcrab merchant. Stands to reason, don't it?"

'How dry I am... how dry I am... how dry I am... how dry I am...' SHAY! Hi. There. Lesh make a deal. I got... stuff. Lots. Here. See?"

"Sure. Thash what I said? Did I stutter or shomethin? Talking. Mudcrab. Merchant. Read my lips. Ehr. Mouthparts? Read my mouthparts? Shomethin ain't right. But never mind. Jush one-a life's little myshteries. So. You gonna buy shomethin? Or sit here jawin' all day."
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I missed it but for people that support the game by subbing would they have it without buying it from crown store?
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, @BigM... in many of my suggestions I sort of build upon others.

I 100% believe that there should be a subscriber specific area of the Crown Store, in that area things like Individual Rings of Mara are sold or given for free. Among these items would be:
    Items that are free would be subscriber dependent. If a player un-subs, they would loose access to those items. I would personally think the whistle, relic and bell would all fall within this category.

Some other items suggested in that same thread are"
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150450/eso-subscription-benefits-suggestions/p1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Skyrim (Dragonborn patch) there was a daedra you could use to hold large amounts of items and sell as well. This would be awesome. Give it a fair cooldown if you must, but I'd love to have a daedra butler who could carry huge amounts of items or send stuff to the bank.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Dekken_Blake
    Dekken_Blake
    ✭✭✭
    I want Haskill.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haskill can only be summoned while in the Shivering Isles @Dekken_Blake... so we can't summon him in ESO... unless....
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo... assistants are being added. They sound VERY similar in function to my concept here. They sound like they will be people though... disappointing but at least the function is the same!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.