The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

How about some Stamina Recovery to go with your Stamina Recovery (Wood Elf Nightblade Build)

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Just one of the many, many broken things this patch is about to bring...

I still can't believe they're about to release it just in a couple of days, with all these issues still there.

To list a couple others:
    • Permablockers (requires 500~ CPs)

Doesn't "require" 500cp.

Oh ok, I thought you had to get all the CP passives for stamina cost reductions, block cost reduction, stamina regen etc for permablock. Thanks for correcting me.

Good thing that you can atleast somewhat bypass this with CCs in 1.6 (as Fear, Petrify etc now cause the target to drop block), so maybe it isn't that bad. Remains to be seen I guess :neutral:
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    To list a couple others:
    • Health stacking Templars with one shot Blazing Shields

how is that supposed to be possible? 50% of a 30% shield even a 60k hp temp would only do 9k dmg

i would not listen to duke when it comes with damage shields. in every topic post about everything, he somehow manages to bring up the subject and whine that they are OP and game-wrecking.

I just happen to be supported by facts & evidence. Can't say the same about many people :smile:

There are many things game-wrecking, certain dmg shields just happen to be one of those (you'd be a fool to argue otherwise).

Just see the above for instance :smile:

That said, I'm fully aware of the counter-argument of "oh, they're necessary to avoid instagib by stamina builds".

I don't agree with instagibs either, they shouldn't exist (except in like lvl 40 vs VR14 situation).

Now, you might think: "wait a second, isn't that your playstyle? Why would you want to see it nerfed as well?".

Simple: I care about what is good for the game in general, not about what is good for me specifically.

It'd be great if more people adapted this approach.

No. You fanatically oppose damage shields and make contradictory and selective examples that "prove" you point.

In the post above, you complain about magicka based sorcs having to high a shield.
    You then complain about health stacking Templars having too high of a shield.

Complain they are based of Health. Complain they are based off Magicka. It's ok for you bow attacks to be based off stamina though, right...

1.6 has NOT even been released yet and ZoS has already went out of their way to address every "problem" raised about shields. They dont proc ultimate. Now Zos claims they do. Ditto critical hits. And DoTs. ZoS reduced the strength by 15%. This is in addition to previous nerfs on the harness magicka sheild which used to block physical damage and was not limited to 3 magicka recovery procs.

And you are *STILL* whining about them in threads that don't even concern damage shields.

You are the definition of a broken record. Can we at least play 1.6 before assessing whether or not Zenimax's nerfs to damage shields are not enough? Of course we all know what you will say, but can we at least get some objective feedback based on actual gameplay...ideally in threads devoted to damage shields?

Edited by Joy_Division on February 28, 2015 6:23PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To list a couple others:

how is that supposed to be possible? 50% of a 30% shield even a 60k hp temp would only do 9k dmg

i would not listen to duke when it comes with damage shields. in every topic post about everything, he somehow manages to bring up the subject and whine that they are OP and game-wrecking.

I just happen to be supported by facts & evidence. Can't say the same about many people :smile:

There are many things game-wrecking, certain dmg shields just happen to be one of those (you'd be a fool to argue otherwise).

That said, I'm fully aware of the counter-argument of "oh, they're necessary to avoid instagib by stamina builds".

I don't agree with instagibs either, they shouldn't exist (except in like lvl 40 vs VR14 situation).

Now, you might think: "wait a second, isn't that your playstyle? Why would you want to see it nerfed as well?".

Simple: I care about what is good for the game in general, not about what is good for me specifically.

No. You fanatically oppose damage shields and make contradictory and selective examples that "prove" you point.

In the post above, you complain about magicka based sorcs having to high a shield.

Complain they are based of Health. Complain they are based off Magicka. It's ok for you bow attacks to be based off stamina though, right...

1.6 has NOT even been released yet and ZoS has already went out of their way to address every "problem" raised about shields. They dont proc ultimate. Now Zos claims they do. Ditto critical hits. And DoTs. ZoS reduced the strength by 15%. This is in addition to previous nerfs on the harness magicka sheild which used to block physical damage and was not limited to 3 magicka recovery procs.

And you are *STILL* whining about them in threads that don't even concern damage shields.

You are the definition of a broken record. Can we at least play 1.6 before assessing whether or not Zenimax's nerfs to damage shields are not enough? Of course we all know what you will say, but can we at least get some objective feedback based on actual gameplay...ideally in threads devoted to damage shields?

:heart:
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To list a couple others:

They are.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Philthyorc
    Philthyorc
    ✭✭✭
    No, to nerf shields, but not 2 Handers and bows will be what kills it.
    DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Haha nice, Did you actually try this? Is there a cap somewhere?

Far as I know, there is no cap...Just like Health Recovery, which I easily hit 3500 with on my Nord DK (I think I can almost break 4k)

Slightly off-topic, but it sounds like you are running a build similar to the Nord DK build I was looking at doing.
    On Live it didn't pan out for me, but have not tested it on PTS yet.
    Do you find the changes to Health Recovery increase the viability of this sort of build after 1.6, or does it still need work?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To list a couple others:

If you paid even the slightest amount of attention, you might have noted how I listed multiple things (not only shields) that are broken in 1.6, including the dreaded "one shot stealth builds" :smile:

But, of course, those are the things you pick from my post... talk about selective examples ;)

If you were smart enough, you could figure out that all these examples have something in common (no, they are not all dmg shields).

But let me explain it to you just in case:

They are all based on stacking percentage modifiers & the stat associated with them, from where it starts snowballing quickly.

It doesn't matter whether we're talking about stacking things like Sorc+Mages Guild abilities for ridiculous magicka modifiers, or whether it's about stacking Minor Brutality, Major Brutality, Major Berserking & Major Empower for +28% weapon dmg & +45% dmg on a stealth Snipe, or someone generating health/stamina/magicka faster than they lose those resources.

ZOS has to rework the buff system & other "behind the scene" modifiers if they want to address these imbalances.

Oh, and since I'm "a broken record", I probably shouldn't break the pattern: crits still dont work on dmg shields (please, atleast get your facts straight).
    Edited by DDuke on February 28, 2015 10:42PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Far as I know, there is no cap...Just like Health Recovery, which I easily hit 3500 with on my Nord DK (I think I can almost break 4k)

Slightly off-topic, but it sounds like you are running a build similar to the Nord DK build I was looking at doing.
    Do you find the changes to Health Recovery increase the viability of this sort of build after 1.6, or does it still need work?

On live the Soft Cap prevents you from stacking health recovery real high, I was able to break 201 with a Templar Friend..but it required so much it wasn't worth it.

PTS with no Softcap makes it far more viable
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Magicka stacking Sorcs throwing around 22k shields & 14k Crystal Fragment hits
    But ... those are my 2 main builds. Why so much hate? :'(
    Wololo.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what is it that I should be coming away with here?

is everyone going all in on 1 stat to maximize their classes' passive traits and class skills?

Im just wondering how a build with 14k health will perform based on the damage metas that are vomiting forth from the PTS IE skills doing between 10k to 16k hits.

Or--- does ultra stam stacking allow your dtasm based weapon skills to hit harder than the truck Delita likes to drive? there by enabling a person kill others faster than they can kill you? IE Win the war of damage attrition?

14k Health, I'd point you to the direction of the "stack the buffs" one shot stealth builds (10x more potent in 1.6), or the sorc variant stacking magicka, where 22k shields prevent you from being instagibbed until you can do the same to your opponent with an Entropy->CF proc, or Magicka Detonation+Velocious Curse+Something

But yeah, it's going to be pretty much just maximizing one certain stat & abusing the compounding effects of percentage modifiers (be it passives or buffs).

i doubt it. sure all the dualers testing may have but so what. the meta will change a lot but not the basics. pure min max will be very good for gankers, much better than now. but for the rest of people involved in group play if you completly min max you will get wrecked the second more than one person starts attacking you, i dont care how much stamina recovery you have, you will fold when you stop your dodgerolling.
    sadly this buld is esentially bolt escape for med stam users. half of cyrodiil is just going to be rolling around.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

On live the Soft Cap prevents you from stacking health recovery real high, I was able to break 201 with a Templar Friend..but it required so much it wasn't worth it.

PTS with no Softcap makes it far more viable

Cool, thank you. :smiley:
    sadly this buld is esentially bolt escape for med stam users. half of cyrodiil is just going to be rolling around.

Reading your comment, this song started playing in my mind:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn!!! I knew someone else would figure this out eventually lol. Been running 150% stamina recovery in 1.6 for a while now. Atleast everyone knows now.

You dont even need to use unchained with this.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Damn!!! I knew someone else would figure this out eventually lol. Been running 150% stamina recovery in 1.6 for a while now. Atleast everyone knows now.

You dont even need to use unchained with this.

You have the gear for it? Curious what your total stamina recovery is...I wasn't able to copy over to see what the max I could hit was.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something to consider: you could also try creating a medium armour permablock build with that stamina regen & combine it with Twin Sisters set for strong DoT on everyone attacking you.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first idea when i saw that thread here :P
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Scotia
    Scotia
    ✭✭✭
    Its almost a given that regen will be capped, when I first saw the Wood Elf racial change I thought the exact same thing. Zen knows about this and said "see how things play out" in Live last Friday. We are in beta test 2 on live this week, welcome to the jungle everyone :)
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus you told me this like three weeks ago :p
    You can do the same thing with health recovery :D
    Edited by SRIBES on March 1, 2015 4:49PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »

But you can try it on PTS right now to see if you can reach a cap.

I just know with ZERO stamina recovery set bonuses, just using Drink and 3 Stamina Recovery Jewelry enchants I hit almost 3k (it was like 30 or 40 off)

So throwing on 6 Sets would just be insane

Did u try that 8 trait set granting u 50% healthregg when below 60% health? Think it was Organum Scales

That's what I'm wearing for 1.6 ;). My new dk build is based around high HP regen (not maxed but high), extremely high magicka + moderate spell damage, and moderate HP total, for pvp. With efficient Purge in the setup of course.... Can't be having those dot stackers oppressing my regen can we :D?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My body is not ready for 1.6.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Gokmak
    Gokmak
    ✭✭✭
    awwwwwe boo frikken hoo

Stamina builds finally getting some love... it's about damn time, only took nearly a year. Too many people have been running around wearing dresses and swinging sticks for so long, they forgot there are other builds in this game.

I'm glad to see it. Some say stamina builds will be too op! Yeah? You mean like magicka builds have been the past nine months? OMG we can't have op stamina builds! This is a magicka game! HOW DARE THEY! RAGE QUIT!!! lol
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gokmak wrote: »
    awwwwwe boo frikken hoo

Stamina builds finally getting some love... it's about damn time, only took nearly a year. Too many people have been running around wearing dresses and swinging sticks for so long, they forgot there are other builds in this game.

I'm glad to see it. Some say stamina builds will be too op! Yeah? You mean like magicka builds have been the past nine months? OMG we can't have op stamina builds! This is a magicka game! HOW DARE THEY! RAGE QUIT!!! lol

You are right magicka builds were OP for a long time and have been the way to go for most of this games history, but it has been/was terrible for the game. Stam builds being OP and flat out better is terrible for the game too.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to consider: you could also try creating a medium armour permablock build with that stamina regen & combine it with Twin Sisters set for strong DoT on everyone attacking you.

I run Twin Sisters right now, its not that great anymore....It feels less then 20% like it says, and they just made it like 5 or 10 meter range....on PTS...

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just know with ZERO stamina recovery set bonuses, just using Drink and 3 Stamina Recovery Jewelry enchants I hit almost 3k (it was like 30 or 40 off)

Did u try that 8 trait set granting u 50% healthregg when below 60% health? Think it was Organum Scales

That's what I'm wearing for 1.6 ;). My new dk build is based around high HP regen (not maxed but high), extremely high magicka + moderate spell damage, and moderate HP total, for pvp. With efficient Purge in the setup of course.... Can't be having those dot stackers oppressing my regen can we :D?

Organum scales is alright...it was better when a lot of regen came from Jewelry Pieces..that that most comes from Set bonuses you can't afford to get it as just simply stacking the Health Regen Set bonuses is better.

Health Regen requires a bit more then Stamina Recovery to be viable as well...Since Health Regen setup uses Heavy.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awwwwwe boo frikken hoo

Rage much?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    awwwwwe boo frikken hoo

LMAO! Bro, do you even PTS?

For the last 4 months or so since 1.5 stam builds have been in a pretty good place in relation to overall balance. A number of continued tweaks would be sufficient, for instance Vigor as a stam self heal and the stam class morphs added in 1.6.

Instead what we have with the removed soft caps and nerfs to magicka across the board simply created a hugely imbalanced meta more akin to the imbalance between magicka/stamina at launch only reversed. How the hell you could find that ok and revel in it is a testament to the self-centered vindictive attitude of some players, who are happy to see others nerfed as long as it's not them.

Let's list a few things:

- Light armor nerfs
    - Increased dodge and block costs
    - Uninterruptible wrecking blow
    - Increased cost of immmovable
    - 3-5k stackable stam regen, show me magicka builds with that kind of magicka regen
    - Stam morphs like ambush taking away useful skills for magicka builds
    - Expert Mage change for sorcs means higher magicka costs
    - Nerfed dmg shields

This isn't about it being a magicka or stamina game, it's about basic balance between builds so that there's actually build diversity and not everyone running around with sticks, or now in 1.6 with two handers.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Organum scales is alright...it was better when a lot of regen came from Jewelry Pieces..that that most comes from Set bonuses you can't afford to get it as just simply stacking the Health Regen Set bonuses is better.

Health Regen requires a bit more then Stamina Recovery to be viable as well...Since Health Regen setup uses Heavy.

Yeah, been testing it in a bunch of duels throughout 1.6 PTS... ;). Current plan for live is to use the 5pc orgnum's, dropping a bit of hp regen to gain some of the health, and then some regen back when I take a hit. If it doesn't work out on live as I think it should I can swap in some more regen easily enough anyway. I've planned out setups ranging from ~2000 regen base on a darkelf w/ +50% under 3/5 hp from orgnum's with a ton of damage stat & the beautiful 7% fire racial with a good chunk of extra health, all the way through 3500-4000+ full-time on a nord but lower offense and health total, along with varying mixes of health, magicka/stamina, and spell/weapon damage as appropriate. So far the darkelf is looking like the one that'll come out on top, but there are a lot of ways to slice this kind of build. Trick is as always finding the right mix :p.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 1, 2015 9:14PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    awwwwwe boo frikken hoo

LMAO! Bro, do you even PTS?

For the last 4 months or so since 1.5 stam builds have been in a pretty good place in relation to overall balance. A number of continued tweaks would be sufficient, for instance Vigor as a stam self heal and the stam class morphs added in 1.6.

Instead what we have with the removed soft caps and nerfs to magicka across the board simply created a hugely imbalanced meta more akin to the imbalance between magicka/stamina at launch only reversed. How the hell you could find that ok and revel in it is a testament to the self-centered vindictive attitude of some players, who are happy to see others nerfed as long as it's not them.

Let's list a few things:

- Light armor nerfs
    - Increased dodge and block costs
    - Uninterruptible wrecking blow
    - Increased cost of immmovable
    - 3-5k stackable stam regen, show me magicka builds with that kind of magicka regen
    - Stam morphs like ambush taking away useful skills for magicka builds
    - Expert Mage change for sorcs means higher magicka costs
    - Nerfed dmg shields

This isn't about it being a magicka or stamina game, it's about basic balance between builds so that there's actually build diversity and not everyone running around with sticks, or now in 1.6 with two handers.

I'm thinking you could hit 3k on Magicka Regen.
    Not that'd you need to, as Magicka Cost are fairly low on most things, and Spells are the only thing that eat into Magicka in the first place

You're better off stacking Spell Damage
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To list a couple others:

THIS!!!

Zenimax have created an arms race between burst and shield when all they needed to do was reduce both and instead buff the abilities that require timing and skill to gain beneficial effect.

This would have improved the game significantly.

It would also wouldn't have lead to the other nerfs like LA and magicka builds which rely on shields...

There is a reason every Paladinin Vanilla WoW was insulted with phrase "Bubble Boy!" when they activated their shield.

ESO however is full of the damn things... and I never noticed them in any signle player iteration of the game. Looks like the worst kind of MMO-cliche bleed from other games into one that never needed them to me...
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on March 2, 2015 10:24AM
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    What they should do is a significant nerf on all non-ultimate/CD percentage modifiers in game. This includes racials, passives etc etc.

At the moment, it's just ridiculous what you can get.
    To list a couple others:

53% damage (at maximum skill rank) of a 37% shield (after 100 points in that Champion System passive) you mean?

22200 dmg shield = 11766 dmg -> 17649 crit (approximately 80% of most peoples' health)

But since shield strength also gets increased by 4% for each nearby target... (counting up to 6, not sure if AoE caps apply to it):

22200+6*4%(24%)=27528

27528 dmg shield = 14590 dmg -> 21885 crit

This is without counting spell critical dmg increasing (or reducing) passives of course, since they effectively negate each other.

Of course, should you happen upon someone without the crit dmg reducing passive (while you had the one increasing it), it'd result in 27356 damage.

You know there is a 15% less damage taken buff for everyone in Cyrodil as well yes?
    Edited by pvpaddict42 on March 2, 2015 5:29PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Just one of the many, many broken things this patch is about to bring...

I still can't believe they're about to release it just in a couple of days, with all these issues still there.

To list a couple others:
    • Permablockers (requires 500~ CPs)

Doesn't "require" 500cp.

Oh ok, I thought you had to get all the CP passives for stamina cost reductions, block cost reduction, stamina regen etc for permablock. Thanks for correcting me.

Good thing that you can atleast somewhat bypass this with CCs in 1.6 (as Fear, Petrify etc now cause the target to drop block), so maybe it isn't that bad. Remains to be seen I guess :neutral:

Gettin' people to make thread about you being able to perma block in 1.6 with 70cp means it's not required.