Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Unemployment in EP? 1pm EST EP Pop Locked AD/DC 1 BAR

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now I don't care if DC is outnumbered, its part of the reason I'm still DC. No lack of people to kill.

What folks call outnumbered, I call a lot of fun. No trouble having someone to kill. :)
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on February 4, 2015 12:33PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »

Also for the 10th time this amount of EP is common at this time nowadays and its making people not play <<<<<< MAIN ISSUE

What I don't get is if there are too many EP on during the day on Thornblade, why not guest on Haderus or Azuras where there are no EP so you can keep playing without them?

If the point is just to avoid EP there are lots of servers that have very low EP populations. You can't expect people who bought this game not to try and get the most fun out of it during the time of day they are playing at, whatever that time may be.

So you want the only 15 AD players who defended the scrolls to go to another campaign so they can take the scrolls without fighting anyone at all? It should be EP going to another campaign. They have the excessive population

Wrong. People care about their home campaign now with end of campaign rewards. You honestly telling people what to do with thier at time? Because of some who think the end of the campaign score matters? Come on man. I'm on EP. I could care less who wins. Care about battles against other guilds or keeps. That's it.

ESO is like a movie you are worried to watch. Set your expectations low and you will be happy.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ep has the most skill.
    B**CH PLEASE
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RLVff0E.jpg
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    Ep has the most skill.

Lol.

AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is day capping lol but yes they are all on unemployment and spending their benefits on gaming lol
    @bees83‌ I agree when AD was doing this kind of stuff it made for very boring pvp, most of the time I would pve until DC or EP started to take the map back.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on February 4, 2015 1:33PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do I get this unemployment everyone's enjoying ?
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also for the 10th time this amount of EP is common at this time nowadays and its making people not play <<<<<< MAIN ISSUE

What I don't get is if there are too many EP on during the day on Thornblade, why not guest on Haderus or Azuras where there are no EP so you can keep playing without them?

If the point is just to avoid EP there are lots of servers that have very low EP populations. You can't expect people who bought this game not to try and get the most fun out of it during the time of day they are playing at, whatever that time may be.

So you want the only 15 AD players who defended the scrolls to go to another campaign so they can take the scrolls without fighting anyone at all? It should be EP going to another campaign. They have the excessive population

I don't want you to do anything, it's your account, do what you want with it. I'm just pointing out that if you think another faction is going to leave a server because they are concerned about your interests, well, I think your expectations might be a bit high.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that this situation goes back all the way to the beginning of the game. First it was AD now it is EP......I can't wait for it to switch to DC in a few months.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78389/there-is-a-real-problem-on-auriels-bow/p1
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two solutions that I agree with in this thread:

1. The Hammer: Dynamic pop controls. Limit all faction to +10 to 20 of the lowest populated faction.

2. The scalpel: Rework what actions in game contribute to the overall campaign score. Give lower weight to anything that can be obtained without direct player confrontation (owning keeps and resources, owning scrolls). Put more weight on things like defensive and offensive ticks, overall faction K/D ratio, bounties turned in, emp killing, etc.

As far as zergs go, I would like to see a skill or buff that shows large enemy group positions on the map. Not something real time but maybe something like the conflict icons. If its an Alliance skill, have it last maybe 5 seconds with a 20 second cool down.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that this situation goes back all the way to the beginning of the game. First it was AD now it is EP......I can't wait for it to switch to DC in a few months.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78389/there-is-a-real-problem-on-auriels-bow/p1

Aaaayyyy I remember that thread. Marvelous times!
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love that. I have played EP since the start and chose it because it was the original underdog population. When you are the low hanging fruit you never have a dull moment.

I hope they give strong incentives for people to create DC characters when the game goes B2P, it will help the game out a lot.

“Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the self-righteous hypocrisy. All factions - even yours - do the same crap you accuse the others of doing. Remember when you could port to the enemy's home base via the wayshrine? We all had a fun time base-camping and swarming all the people who entered Cyrodiil or teleported to their home base...was so good dudes were dropping Forward Camps to continue it :smiling_imp:

I have heard a lot of talk of population balance and not any suggestions that are not exploitable. Like you don't think one guild/faction will not intentionally use these minimum/dynamic caps to manipulate the opposing team's population? The whole point of a three faction system is a built-in balancing mechanism to prevent one faction from becoming too dominant. If Yellow and Blue are too stupid to stop fighting each other and gang up on Red, how is that Red's fault?

How is it Red's fault Yellow, the faction with the most players, doesn't PvP during non-peak time? Why don't they? Why doesn't Blue and Yellow get together and Gate Camp Red during peak times when nobody can use population caps and numbers as an excuse? Why does Blue and Yellow have to whine to Zenimax about big, bad Red instead of using the designed in-game mechanic to solve the problem themselves? I hear a lot of talk about how Reds only win because of their numbers...why doesn't Yellow and Blue prove this is not true and actually defeat the Reds in game as it was designed to do rather than complaining to ZoS on the forums.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure DC has and will always be lowest population . I don't see that ever changing in the future . It's just not a popular choice among elf and Viking loving fans . The imperial edition helped DC pop a little by unlocking races but hardly anyone wanted to pick up the options price tag . I don't see that changing with B2P Freemium fans at all .
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop the self-righteous hypocrisy. All factions - even yours - do the same crap you accuse the others of doing. Remember when you could port to the enemy's home base via the wayshrine? We all had a fun time base-camping and swarming all the people who entered Cyrodiil or teleported to their home base...was so good dudes were dropping Forward Camps to continue it :smiling_imp:

I have heard a lot of talk of population balance and not any suggestions that are not exploitable. Like you don't think one guild/faction will not intentionally use these minimum/dynamic caps to manipulate the opposing team's population? The whole point of a three faction system is a built-in balancing mechanism to prevent one faction from becoming too dominant. If Yellow and Blue are too stupid to stop fighting each other and gang up on Red, how is that Red's fault?

How is it Red's fault Yellow, the faction with the most players, doesn't PvP during non-peak time? Why don't they? Why doesn't Blue and Yellow get together and Gate Camp Red during peak times when nobody can use population caps and numbers as an excuse? Why does Blue and Yellow have to whine to Zenimax about big, bad Red instead of using the designed in-game mechanic to solve the problem themselves? I hear a lot of talk about how Reds only win because of their numbers...why doesn't Yellow and Blue prove this is not true and actually defeat the Reds in game as it was designed to do rather than complaining to ZoS on the forums.

With the reality of faction camping, the population controls will always be an issue, I agree. It's a tough problem to deal with.

I think the point is that even if Yellow and Blue drive red off the map it isn't enough to consistently overcome the score gains made by red during the off peak hours. Also, during peak hours you're STILL actually fighting skilled red teams and zergs and not just NPCs and pugs who took a sick day.
    Edited by tonemd on February 4, 2015 4:57PM
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS does nothing while red continues to zerg :) DC will always be the underdog, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that suddenly ESO's population is going to skyrocket enough that any campaign is consistently pop locked for all three factions (currently the only way to be sure numbers are fairly even) and even if that DOES happen, the server can't handle it without lagging to hell and back.
    Edited by McDoogs on February 4, 2015 7:04PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC regularly daycapped the Thornblade NA map for several weeks in the August-October timeframe. They might be the low pop faction right now on Thorn but they used to flex their strength a few months ago.
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    I love it. Now DC is like Vietnam...small guerrilla tactics, out numbered by superior numbers and tactics.

vive+la+resistance.png
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    DC regularly daycapped the Thornblade NA map for several weeks in the August-October timeframe. They might be the low pop faction right now on Thorn but they used to flex their strength a few months ago.

And EP used to be a joke until the competition on both sides quit. lol
  • Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    Day capping, night capping.... common references from whining putinhas who are so used to being able to pause their games at home, that they believe the rest of the world has to play during their online time.

Stay up 24hrs, 7 days a week, or STFU putinhas.

Players purposefully create the population imbalances, and I really don't see any way ZOS can control it. The moment they try, you'll have players working to figure out a way around it, which they will.

I'd say removing pvp buff's from pve is workable, except that would kill ap farming of pve zerg's. Gotta give those folks an incentive to enter the campaign and feed us the fun & ap.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightcapping bad, daycapping bad. I guess the only solution is to stop capturing keeps altogether?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Even if EP seem to be on the winning side there has been many from the Pact asking (crying in your vocabulary) about the imbalance solution. If you wanna take a look at your faction´s PvP history you were beaten to the floor not so long time ago. Then many EP players were consitently asking for the balance. Strange how a couple of wins on Thorn NA has changed your previous attitude.

Is it now that the previously proud warriors are afraid of an even campaign? Anyways, a lot of pvpers have accepted the fact that something needs to change. It hasn´t improved much pvp that AD/DC can beat EP in the fights when they aren´t outnumbered. The final scrore is too much decided over who gets the scrolls. Unfortunately, this isn´t fought over by all 3 factions but some 50 EP (any high number) can outnumber AD/DC during the quiet hours. It isn´t really pvp but pve. Can´t defend it if you think of the good of pvp.

I know it is easier to defend unfair system when you are benefiting from it. There are really many threads about this. Brian Wheeler has already come out to say they are taking a closer look at the imbalance.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it'd be interesting if they cut the points for territorial control based on population ratios; i.e. full point at full pop lock, 1/3 points if one faction is locked and the others are 2 bar or below, etc. They could even nullify point gain for control of enemy home keeps and scrolls if the populations are imbalanced enough. They could include a scenario/battle ground system or radiant world PvP objectives which could bolster point gain or give a set amount. That way points reflect PvP done against resisting opponents, as opposed to PvDoor/Wall.

Most people care about points even if it's ultimately irrelevant, since group vs group is where the real fun and satisfaction is at. If points were opportunities to have group versus group in interesting locations off the transitus grid, keeps, and outposts AvAvA would become way more dynamic.

Inb4 some troglodyte says "ermergerd this is war." No, no it's not. It's a video game.
    Edited by Aoe_Barbecue on February 4, 2015 8:47PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would love that. I have played EP since the start and chose it because it was the original underdog population. When you are the low hanging fruit you never have a dull moment.

I hope they give strong incentives for people to create DC characters when the game goes B2P, it will help the game out a lot.

This would be great :D
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭

Unless those are p2w incentives correct? Or is that the exception? Will they keep said incentives after DC becomes the new hated zerg, then QQ when those same incentives get taken away?

;)
    #nerfkeyboards
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unless those are p2w incentives correct? Or is that the exception? Will they keep said incentives after DC becomes the new hated zerg, then QQ when those same incentives get taken away?

;)

I would hope it wouldn't be any form of p2w incentives.

There's no easy fix to anything! But DC players can continue to hope that some will come to our faction.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    lol why are you whining when AD did this at the start of the campaign before this. I cant event get emp coz they were online for 3 straight days. We play in the morning now too coz AD do this always.
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The logic goes something like this:

Your own faction roflstomps over the uniformly coloured map each day and night: Don't mention it.

The enemy faction roflstomps over the uniformly coloured map each day and night: Create thread on forums.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The logic goes something like this:

Your own faction roflstomps over the uniformly coloured map each day and night: Don't mention it.

The enemy faction roflstomps over the uniformly coloured map each day and night: Create thread on forums.

And this coming from a person playing EU. The imbalance just happens to be favouring one faction at the moment. The "nightcapping" issue is a different story. At the temple there were 4 AD against 50 EP. Guess if this happens about every day? Oh yes the imbalance is huge.
    Edited by Minnesinger on February 5, 2015 3:00AM
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Ashanne wrote: »
    how is stealing scrolls not killing the game? are you considering that too? did ur buddies considered how ep hated and felt disgust over how u stole our scrolls? why wasnt that a pvp breaking issue? EP was recovering the scrolls only to give some individuals some sick pleasure to steal it back...
    ohh...and stop insulting our way of life...its ZOS issue as well as the scroll stealing is ...

we have nothing to kill now either...and yea i hate it...i like exciting nights in arrius defense rather that this...

Congratulations, you lagzerged all the other players away.

Sorry, but no one enjoys lagging out and crashing when they run into groups of EP.

I'm sure 15 man EP groups cause more lag than a 100 man AD group.. what else could it be?
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer