The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Unemployment in EP? 1pm EST EP Pop Locked AD/DC 1 BAR

• ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Enemy at the gates. Not going to draw moral lines here when people are playing videogames. This game or any other game isn´t perfect for teaching morality.

It makes common sense to make it fun though. Maybe EP has fun trolling with the Emp at out gates overkilling some lowbies. Someone said in the zone chat that "these i****s need 12 to kill a squishy nb", which is how the things are when most of the AD/DC is not playing. This is coming to the point when it is extremely hard to motivate players during the quieter hours. Seriously, need to fix the imbalance in PvP.

Right now its 1pm EST and there is 50 man zerg at Bloodmayne. 10 Ad present. EP have evrery single keep on the map and no one can do anything. I got a 16 man group together I went to get Fare.....Within 2 minutesi Had 30 EP ontop of me.....Impulse, bat swarm, negte, wall of elements and of course healing springs. There factory line build.
    a

Very insightful comment. It's a group build. Lol. People who say this must be in terrible guilds running around light and heavy attacking and drinking pots up the butt to heal. Lol

No this is a factory line build. 70% of EP are sorcs. They are good. They win. That build is awesome. BUT everyones got it....no one stands out. No ones an individual. Have a little diversity of heavens sake. How can EP not be bored ousing the same thing for the last 4-5 months? Press 3 buttons. Real skill comes with diversity. Would you rather run with a nice mix of players doing a mix of skills or just 20 sorcs negating everything every 2 seconds?

When reds where at BRK lumber 2 days ago...there was about 25 red there. We killed them. My Kill Enemys sorcers went from 0 to 18.....It was hilarious..

Every good guild uses the same builds. That has been prooven. EP just has more coordinated guilds and IMO the best at the moment.

You win because of numbers, plain and simple.

I didn't think 20 EP vs 100 AD was "winning because of numbers"..
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP just has more coordinated guilds and IMO the best at the moment.

Largest guilds? Yeah. Best? No. The Top 2 AD guilds would destroy any Ebonzerg Guild in any XvX scenario.

Largest guilds? Yeah. Best? No. The Top 2 AD guilds would destroy any Ebonzerg Guild in any XvX scenario.

Top 2 being who?

Who do you think are the two top AD guilds? There's no question who those two are.

Decibel and Alacrity. When both are on and numbers are even, those two dominate EP.

Lol

• WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »

Top 2 being who?

Who do you think are the two top AD guilds? There's no question who those two are.

Decibel and Alacrity. When both are on and numbers are even, those two dominate EP.

Die has made their resurgence as well.

They're not EP anymore?

They haven't been EP for along time. Some notable players have formed havok, while alot of their players returned to AD.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ep has the most skill.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't control this, and any fixes will make the game worse.
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Decibel is a respectable guild for AD as far as skill but that's it. I'm not even trolling. DiE has the numbers but their new recruits don't seem to be fully trained yet and Alacrity doesn't run big enough groups to make an impact whatsoever. To say any of these guilds "dominate" EP is quite a stretch. That's why they have to hop over closed gates cause they don't have the means to take it legitimately. Which brings us back to the original subject of the thread. Is AD really expecting sympathy about this?
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Hows those hols working out Lewis? :)

Completely agree with the thoughts behind your idea on population control, but it is inadvertently giving control of population management to a faction.
    If there are 60 EP within the Campaign and only 40 AD and 40 DC no more EP can come into the Campaign until more AD And DC come online.

From a programming viewpoint, it is not that simple.

20 more AD may come on during that session, and then no more, because 60 is the ceiling.

- What if 10 more DC come on for the remainder of the day?

By the logic, the server would be capped at 60 for the remainder of the day, and/or EP themselves dropping out.

In the above scenario, if someone of that 60 within EP did say, crash or lost net connection, they'd be unable to rejoin until AD or DC reached the cap.

ZoS does have a problem to solve, but it is not an easy one.
    Angavar wrote: »
    Ugh, every time this thread comes up we get the typical EP responses.. 'Diff time zones', 'let us know when we can play', 'everyone zergs', blah blah.

You all need to go back to school and learn reading comprehension.

The issue is NOT what time people choose to, or are able to play.

The issue is that ONE FACTION has a significantly larger off peak population than either of the other factions.

It doesn't matter why, it doesn't matter who, it matters that for 60+% of the 24 hour cycle, one faction vastly outnumbers the others.

If it was DC or AD, I'd bet my left *** that the exact people defending this crap would be here every day whining about it.

This is not competitive. It is not sportsmanlike. It is not fun for the underpopulated factions.

If any of you people defending this practice actually cared about the health of PvP, you would concede this is damaging and needs to be addressed.

Otherwise, enjoy your hollow victory when there is a mass exodus (yet again) of AD and DC players.

^ This. All they have to do is limit everyones population to the lowest population faction, quite simple really.
    Kelly, that is the single worst idea I've ever heard.
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX is right.

After DiE re-re-rolled AD, it was a bit of an adjustment after losing some highly skilled players who stayed EP, but they definitely belong in that discussion... As long as they stay with this faction...
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on February 4, 2015 1:26AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least this thread wasn't short on laughs.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least this thread wasn't short on laughs.

Amen to that brother
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, every time this thread comes up we get the typical EP responses.. 'Diff time zones', 'let us know when we can play', 'everyone zergs', blah blah.

The issue is that ONE FACTION has a significantly larger off peak population than either of the other factions.

It doesn't matter why, it doesn't matter who, it matters that for 60+% of the 24 hour cycle, one faction vastly outnumbers the others.

If it was DC or AD, I'd bet my left *** that the exact people defending this crap would be here every day whining about it.

This is not competitive. It is not sportsmanlike. It is not fun for the underpopulated factions.

If any of you people defending this practice actually cared about the health of PvP, you would concede this is damaging and needs to be addressed.

Otherwise, enjoy your hollow victory when there is a mass exodus (yet again) of AD and DC players.

Thank you. I've been screaming this point out for so long, and I get the whole "qq" "stfu" responses.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm over it now. I will never invest emotionally, for lack of a better term, into AvA anymore. So no worries this time. Did you really think it wouldn't happen? EP was losing.

Personally I never could get the mentality of a player who finds gratification in things like pvdoor. I blame it on the younger troll mentality and possibly the middle aged army man nerd type.
    Edited by TheBull on February 4, 2015 1:50AM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Top 2 being who?

Lol

I found this comment and the rest of your amazingly intuitive comments to be very insightful and incredibly telling to the caliber of player and individual populating your faction.

Thank you for proving my point.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Tailger
    Tailger
    ✭✭
    Well if someone wants to come riddle my EP character 'Zatani' with arrows for a while on NA/thornblade so you all will feel better and keep playing I will be on later tonight.

I'll at least put up a good fight.
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realise, I hope, that this game is played by people who are also NOT IN YOUR TIME ZONE!

Very much true. I hope this thread with all its insults doesn´t lose its important issues. Namely, capping all the scrolls and the Emp whil there is insufficient resistance.

Personally, I don´t find EP very fantastic faction. For many reasons. Even if you like to play at any given time it doesn´t mean you need to kill the competition. Sad to witness so many leaderboard players camping lowbies just by the gate and hunt down solo players or small groups. There is hardly any words to describe how it looks. I mean you mad or something? I understand why many dont´t respect EP. That is with all the buffs and the Emp (usually with a group enjoying of 10 ap per kill). I mean wow. :)

If things go around and the next faction to dominate is DC I bet they would show some sportmanship. EP was a bad loser and shows no sign getting better by the time.

I'm with when it comes to gate camping etc, I hate that garbage and I do not partake in it. I not longer play on Thornblade and have shifted to Haderus along and the situation there depends on the time of day that you play. There are times where I will log in and DC owns all of the map and are camped outside the gates and other times it will be AD and yet again other times where the map is majority EP.

At this point I can control what is in my power to control, I do not camp gates etc and I encourage those on at the same time to stop doing so because that just cause people to stay away and kills competition.

Example: Over this last week the presence on Haderus of EP has been lower than usual and as such it makes resistance futile when a group of 10 is trying to defend a keep from a group of 30+. You keep getting pushed back and back until people just quit from frustration.

Then there is no fun for anybody and THAT is the real tragedy.

We need to encourage those in our own factions to not do the things that drive away other players (gate camping etc) but I kniw, people are jerks online and are emboldened by their supposed anonymity.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this day capping, evening capping and night capping going on here is getting out of hand. Shame on you all for pvping when you out number other factions. /sarcasm This has been going on since launch and will likely never change so try not to let it bother you to much

I found it much more fun to forget about scrores and concentrate on winning the battles not the war. Its much more rewarding to gain the respect of your foes as a good player than to look at a scoreboard amd fight over who won and why.

Just sayin

DK SCRUB OUT
    Edited by Galalin on February 4, 2015 2:02AM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put a minimum cap and dynamic cap in. If any faction experiences long queue times, there is another campaign with a minimum cap on it for you to play on.
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Some people are making the point that 'AD use to do this' And my reply is yes! We use to cap loads of things through the day....Emp and scrolls all the time....The huge difference is that 6 months ago the game had an overall higher population and there was always people on playing. There was always someone on to defend. We would have 3 bars and the other factions 2 bars. Put the other two factions together and they out-populated us. If they couldnt prevent us taking things that was down to our skill that we could hold off to factions at a time. Back then there was always atleast 1 'pro' group on!

We need that guy to repost his screenshot of the Auriel's Bow campaign that was pop locked for AD while DC and EP were at one bar. That would certainly counter nonsense like this quoted post.

I have not been logged in since before dawn today so I have no idea what my EP alliance mates have been up to this morning/afternoon. It would not surprise me if some of this was in retaliation for the rampant scroll shenanigans this weekend. Or maybe it is due to AD running most of the map yesterday. Or maybe it just happened to be that schedules coincided for numerous EP players and they are simply playing the game with no ulterior motives. I don't know.

However, I will go out on a limb and predict that once all three factions are pop locked tonight, the entire DC army will push east and the entire AD army will push northeast, effectively splitting the EP army in half. Sounds like it will be another fun, wild, exciting and typical night in Thornblade when I log in later.

You were wrong. Blue pushed South. They for some bizzare reason wanted Roe.

The only time Auriels Bow would have been pop locked AD basically won it. Then DC came in after and won. Populations back then were split between many different campaigns. Now everyone is concentrated into 1 single campaign. My main is not people being on that time my issue is how can the game allow a situation wheres its 60 vs 10 for 3-4 hours.....They need to regulate populations some how.

Also for the 10th time this amount of EP is common at this time nowadays and its making people not play <<<<<< MAIN ISSUE
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal feeling... stop pointing fingers at players who pay to play and start pointing them at the ppl who can do something about it
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    EPpopcap.png

I've never been on at 1pm EST before, I got off work early today and find this... a bit excessive for us to be doing. To put it lightly.

Though about 30 minutes after we'd capped the entire map the EP pop dropped back down to Medium (2 bars), which restored a bit of my faith in humanity. Still, I hope this isn't a daily thing.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 4, 2015 2:49AM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote:
    We need that guy to repost his screenshot of the Auriel's Bow campaign that was pop locked for AD while DC and EP were at one bar. That would certainly counter nonsense like this quoted post.

You called?

7SqL1Vt.jpg

I also had one of Bloodthorn where DC was locked while EP and AD were at Low, but I can't find it :expressionless:
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 4, 2015 12:06PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    how is stealing scrolls not killing the game? are you considering that too? did ur buddies considered how ep hated and felt disgust over how u stole our scrolls? why wasnt that a pvp breaking issue? EP was recovering the scrolls only to give some individuals some sick pleasure to steal it back...
    ohh...and stop insulting our way of life...its ZOS issue as well as the scroll stealing is ...

we have nothing to kill now either...and yea i hate it...i like exciting nights in arrius defense rather that this...

Congratulations, you lagzerged all the other players away.

Sorry, but no one enjoys lagging out and crashing when they run into groups of EP.
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    All Hail ZAZEER! The Capper of the Shadows! The Distributor of Buff Scrolls! Eater of Sweet Rolls!

For he, and only he, controls the wee hours of the mourn, the faint glow of the dusk, and everything that follows!

Join him, and gain plentiful riches beyond all comprehension! Oppose him... And risk the wrath of the Shadows - For he has an Army, and a BRIZZ.

...mine

You heard the man
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I've been screaming this point out for so long, and I get the whole "qq" "stfu" responses.

Top 2 being who?

Lol

I found this comment and the rest of your amazingly intuitive comments to be very insightful and incredibly telling to the caliber of player and individual populating your faction.

Oh that was a serious response? My bad. I thought he was joking so I laughed.
    Edited by Darnathian on February 4, 2015 4:07AM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop sucking and more people

Top 2 being who?

Lol

Oh that was a serious response? My bad. I thought he was joking so I laughed.

Bacon
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    All this day capping, evening capping and night capping going on here is getting out of hand. Shame on you all for pvping when you out number other factions. /sarcasm This has been going on since launch and will likely never change so try not to let it bother you to much

I found it much more fun to forget about scrores and concentrate on winning the battles not the war. Its much more rewarding to gain the respect of your foes as a good player than to look at a scoreboard amd fight over who won and why.

Just sayin

DK SCRUB OUT

Yes this ^^^^^. Wish there was an evaluation system based on individual battles such as population involved, kills, deaths, etc. finally someone that gets it. I use to love the posts about great battles. Not all these wine posts.

• Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    Campaign scores determined by overall faction kill death ratio, now THAT would make for some awesome PvP.

Organised groups hunting each other down to try and stop each other stomping pugs, incentive for PvP vets to teach new players and help them with specs and gear, skill and death actually having a solid impact on the end scores.. Lots of positives.

Of course, scroll and home/enemy keep buffs would still apply, to give people a reason to push, but they wouldn't determine the outcome of a campaign. Nor would population imbalance, if one faction outnumbered the others they would still have to get kills to score, so night capping wouldn't be as debilitating.

I'm liking this idea.
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »

Also for the 10th time this amount of EP is common at this time nowadays and its making people not play <<<<<< MAIN ISSUE

What I don't get is if there are too many EP on during the day on Thornblade, why not guest on Haderus or Azuras where there are no EP so you can keep playing without them?

If the point is just to avoid EP there are lots of servers that have very low EP populations. You can't expect people who bought this game not to try and get the most fun out of it during the time of day they are playing at, whatever that time may be.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »

What I don't get is if there are too many EP on during the day on Thornblade, why not guest on Haderus or Azuras where there are no EP so you can keep playing without them?

If the point is just to avoid EP there are lots of servers that have very low EP populations. You can't expect people who bought this game not to try and get the most fun out of it during the time of day they are playing at, whatever that time may be.

So you want the only 15 AD players who defended the scrolls to go to another campaign so they can take the scrolls without fighting anyone at all? It should be EP going to another campaign. They have the excessive population

DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    h7ash.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※