The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

1.6.1 Change to Ultimate - Good or Bad?

Asgari
Asgari
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Please discuss the changes to Ulti in 1.6.1 and how you feel this will affect the incentive to zerg more and other issue that may arise.

Combat & Gameplay
General
  • PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.

Alliance War
Assault
  • Combat Frenzy: Reduced the Ultimate gain to 10/20 from 13/25.

Item Sets
  • Blood Spawn: Reduced the ultimate gain from this item set to 15 from 25.
*Haven't logged in to confirm but was told has a cool down added to it as well of 6 seconds.

PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.

is this combat frenzy or kills in general?

This is for PVP kills, in general. The Ultimate Combat Frenzy grants was reduced from 25 to 20 at Rank II.

Shuichi wrote: »
Does this mean Death Stroke is essentially useless in PvP now? The skill increases the ultimate you gain from kills, so if there is no ultimate to gain (apart from NPCs) why would anyone use this? (Like I have been for months)

The Death Stroke morph Soul Harvest still grants bonus Ultimate from kills.

Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
Princess Asgari | Sorc
Asgari | NB
-Asgari | Stamplar
Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
Banner Down!
No Mercy
Youtube: Asgari
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    But.... But.... I already hated the ulti gain in 1.6.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I hardly notice a difference.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I hardly notice a difference.

I do, mostly because I am still used to 1.5, where I tried not to light weave due to reflective scales. Now, I have to adjust to working in light attacks, which isn't an issue. I just am not fond of it.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not having combat frenzy maxed, not killing people (coz i tank) and not having bloodspawn, i still felt like my ulti was genning way too quickly in live. On the PTS, we are only dueling but i felt like my ulti was there everytime i needed it. Will be different when its group play though. However i dont see the reason for no ulti when you kill someone in general. That more punishes you for killing someone.

If they reverted the change to negate and let one well placed negate cancel out any stacked negates, then i think that would help reduce zerging. Negates are PvP essentially and being out numbered is alot harder now that one negate is useless against multiple.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was always a 6 second CD, just not in the tooltip I believe. Strong set still strong, just not as strong.

Suru
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    not having combat frenzy maxed, not killing people (coz i tank) and not having bloodspawn, i still felt like my ulti was genning way too quickly in live. On the PTS, we are only dueling but i felt like my ulti was there everytime i needed it. Will be different when its group play though. However i dont see the reason for no ulti when you kill someone in general. That more punishes you for killing someone.

If they reverted the change to negate and let one well placed negate cancel out any stacked negates, then i think that would help reduce zerging. Negates are PvP essentially and being out numbered is alot harder now that one negate is useless against multiple.

Negate will now remove any AoE on the negates cast. After that you can cast into it or in it. It's worse imo.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm I haven't played on pts yet. 1month into live we will really know..
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My question is how does an Alliance war passive no longer count towards ....

The alliance war
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The alliance war

But that would be the logical way to think

• Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The alliance war

What? Combat frenzy generates ult, it is in your op. Which passive are you talking about then?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not fond of the change to Combat Frenzy. I actually this it's complete [snip] [snip] as it takes quite a long time to gain those two passives. Just another way that ZoS is saying [snip] you to their PvP players.

As for Bloodspawn, though I really love it, I agree it needed a small reduction.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 4, 2015 7:16PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The alliance war

What? Combat frenzy generates ult, it is in your op. Which passive are you talking about then?
    Edited by Asgari on February 11, 2015 5:26AM
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭

The alliance war

I would say its a stop us (well leveled pvpers) from melting the hoards of 1st graders that are about to join us. I can already imagine it "this game sucks they already have too much of a head start! I'll never catch those guys! That ultimate gen is wayy OP!!"
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to negate is really bad.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • lostavalon
    lostavalon
    ✭✭✭

[quote= Negate will now remove any AoE on the negates cast. After that you can cast into it or in it. It's worse imo.[/quote]

This, what the *** point of the skill if u can just cast into straight away, ffs do use ever think b4 implementing stuff? if this is working how i think its going to work, (waiting for the pts to DL so i can test) sorcs pretty much imo will have 3 useless ults, negate^ , atro which u just need to walk out of range from it, and overload is just meh maybe in a 1v1 to finish someone off but thtas bout it
    @Choof
    Kontrol Freek - Sorcerer
    PC/NA
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The alliance war

I would say its a stop us (well leveled pvpers) from melting the hoards of 1st graders that are about to join us. I can already imagine it "this game sucks they already have too much of a head start! I'll never catch those guys! That ultimate gen is wayy OP!!"

That's the only thing that makes sense. Pretty much remove all ties to pre 1.6 so post 1.6 players can be even. Which in all honesty is a bs cop out and ruins any reason to PvP for an advantage over others.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭

The alliance war

That's the only thing that makes sense. Pretty much remove all ties to pre 1.6 so post 1.6 players can be even. Which in all honesty is a bs cop out and ruins any reason to PvP for an advantage over others.

Its still an advantage but I mean really why change it?? Why annoy us even more. Why not change it down the track in 4 or 5 months to even things out then?

Also just sore the negate change HAHAHAHAH REKT!!!
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lostavalon wrote: »

This, what the *** point of the skill if u can just cast into straight away, ffs do use ever think b4 implementing stuff? if this is working how i think its going to work, (waiting for the pts to DL so i can test) sorcs pretty much imo will have 3 useless ults, negate^ , atro which u just need to walk out of range from it, and overload is just meh maybe in a 1v1 to finish someone off but thtas bout it

/boggle.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The alliance war

Its still an advantage but I mean really why change it?? Why annoy us even more. Why not change it down the track in 4 or 5 months to even things out then?

Also just sore the negate change HAHAHAHAH REKT!!!

I don't use negate and just roll out of them anyways. Rarely die to one as well. I do however love the buff to overload. GL people, you can set that ulti up to rek face.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    didnt they reduce the cost to 50 to activate it as well?
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭

The alliance war

To true, alliance rank 33 yet imma be as efficient as a v14 volunteer :neutral_face: yeah ok zos......................
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everybody is crying about the Negate nerf. This is a change that needed to happen. Sorcerers were far too strong, and a group of 16 Sorcerers was far strong than a balanced group of players. Anytime you could sacrifice another class for a Sorcerer, your group became stronger.

This change means that while still strong (Negate removes other ultimates), Negate is no longer mandatory and fights will no longer dramatically shift toward the team with more Negates.

The Combat Frenzy and Blood Spawn changes were equally vital in the new ultimate meta. Combat Frenzy is arguably still OP in an area where the only other way to generate ultimate is through the new mechanic. Combat Frenzy means that new players or players leveling new characters are at a severe disadvantage compared to existing players, increasing an already very steep power curve.

Overall I am very happy with this new patch.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    I love how everybody is crying about the Negate nerf. This is a change that needed to happen. Sorcerers were far too strong, and a group of 16 Sorcerers was far strong than a balanced group of players. Anytime you could sacrifice another class for a Sorcerer, your group became stronger.

This change means that while still strong (Negate removes other ultimates), Negate is no longer mandatory and fights will no longer dramatically shift toward the team with more Negates.

The Combat Frenzy and Blood Spawn changes were equally vital in the new ultimate meta. Combat Frenzy is arguably still OP in an area where the only other way to generate ultimate is through the new mechanic. Combat Frenzy means that new players or players leveling new characters are at a severe disadvantage compared to existing players, increasing an already very steep power curve.

I mean you didn't really play with us with the lag last night, but it was very clear last night that negate was not a game changing ability anymore.

It helped control a part of the ground in the fight or give your heals a chance to catch up. I agree they needed to remove the absorption part of it, but now its just a weak ulti. In 1.6 negate teams were going to get rolled regardless of this change.

Edited by WRX on February 4, 2015 12:55AM
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I can pew pew ppl w/ overload for 10k+ it's all good. Gotta get through dat shield stack.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    As long as I can pew pew ppl w/ overload for 10k+ it's all good. Gotta get through dat shield stack.

We may have to team up on some AD I tested it before this patch and 3 shot someone .. Now if they were a vamp it would have been even worse. I'm so excited!

Ps. Glad I didn't grind for the blood spawn set lol
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I understand the change to blood spawn more than anyone seeing as I had the set first on NA PvP. Got them both the first week in one run haha. Used it ever since on the DK and it showed how op it is. However, removing the combat frenzy passive from alliance war is unacceptable.

Why even have it as an alliance war passive? Just make it a passive in undaunted or something so people are aware it has nothing to do with pvp anymore.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is combat frenzy OP in PvE? The ppl who have it also have gear already and 99% are vet14. No new gear or content. Whats the use of it now... nevemind the fact it was a PvP earned passive. Possibly to grind the new skills? Hardly OP
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

A shame my balls don't need shields. You can pew pew 'em all you want. I know to stay away from your balls.

My new Template character on PTS is Ezarethe (and I'm DC evidently, Derp)

Edited by Ezareth on February 4, 2015 3:03AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

How is combat frenzy OP in PvE? The ppl who have it also have gear already and 99% are vet14. No new gear or content. Whats the use of it now... nevemind the fact it was a PvP earned passive. Possibly to grind the new skills? Hardly OP

The bigger question is why would a PvP passive not be useful in PvP?

Some major shortsightedness on the dev's part there...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While they have this idiotic method of generating ultimate in 1.6, they have to be consistent and bring Blood Spawn and Combat Frenzy in line. Blood Spawn was *already* a top 2 Undaunted set in 1.5 where ultimates are a dime a dozen, there was no way that set would be remotely balanced in 1.6.

As for Negate, I did feel it was too strong in 1.5, but if I am reading the abiltiy correctly, someone would be able to cast a effect in a negated area...doesn't that defeat the purpose? That does not sound very "ultimate" to me.