The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6.1 Change to Ultimate - Good or Bad?

• Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we should all join the zerg spam light attacks gain ulti use it and go back to the zerg...
    Cannot understand what drove ZOS to this decision which makes absolutely no sense to me.
    It's like the dont have have any grasp of the reality in pvp.
    I guess if we all QQ hard enough we might be heard...after all they always seem to submit to qq'ers.

yea im sure ZOS just does whatever they want

im sure NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF ESO has ever said to nerf combat frenzy and look at that change lol so i think our QQ to zos has very little effect

it would be nice tho

if zos would have 1.5 live server and a 1.6.x+ live server

for those of us who dont want the change lol

but i personally will just embrace 1.6 and all its problems and nerfs
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perichor wrote: »
    Apparently we should all join the zerg spam light attacks gain ulti use it and go back to the zerg...
    Cannot understand what drove ZOS to this decision which makes absolutely no sense to me.
    It's like the dont have have any grasp of the reality in pvp.
    I guess if we all QQ hard enough we might be heard...after all they always seem to submit to qq'ers.

yea im sure ZOS just does whatever they want

im sure NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF ESO has ever said to nerf combat frenzy and look at that change lol so i think our QQ to zos has very little effect

it would be nice tho

if zos would have 1.5 live server and a 1.6.x+ live server

for those of us who dont want the change lol

but i personally will just embrace 1.6 and all its problems and nerfs

Can't say I've ever seen a post or thread in the AvA section complaining that combat frenzy needs a nerf
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worst change/Patch ever - Fact
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    Everyone gains ultimate at the same standardized rate is amazing! Some personal passives and use of different skills/armour will be a variable of course but overall this change is amazing! Nightblades should not be able to gain 200 ulti in 5-10 seconds (in the right situation). This currently can also be done with certain spammable AEO's when you have good placement.

Besides the points above there will be no more super fast ulti gain where in certain groups who just fight with 1-2 AEO's 40% of the time and spend 60% of their time spamming healing springs (not to heal) to gain ulti.
    Why is it amazing? Do you have any arguments?

The current System rewards skillful play / organization. With the changes done in 1.6 numbers will prevail. I think that is a bad change.

Out of Combat Healing Ultimate gain makes no real sense so I would be up for changing it. Maybe they should've removed certain ways to gain Ultimate and replaced it with the buff. Like crit, block, etc now grant the 3 ult / sec buff instead of giving 1 Ultimate. Then your Ultimate gain would just depend on how much you heal and damage.

The current system forces us all to stack crit though. I'm not sure I like the change they've made, but I can at least appreciate the problem they're trying to solve.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    Everyone gains ultimate at the same standardized rate is amazing! Some personal passives and use of different skills/armour will be a variable of course but overall this change is amazing! Nightblades should not be able to gain 200 ulti in 5-10 seconds (in the right situation). This currently can also be done with certain spammable AEO's when you have good placement.

Besides the points above there will be no more super fast ulti gain where in certain groups who just fight with 1-2 AEO's 40% of the time and spend 60% of their time spamming healing springs (not to heal) to gain ulti.
    Why is it amazing? Do you have any arguments?

The current System rewards skillful play / organization. With the changes done in 1.6 numbers will prevail. I think that is a bad change.

Out of Combat Healing Ultimate gain makes no real sense so I would be up for changing it. Maybe they should've removed certain ways to gain Ultimate and replaced it with the buff. Like crit, block, etc now grant the 3 ult / sec buff instead of giving 1 Ultimate. Then your Ultimate gain would just depend on how much you heal and damage.

The current system forces us all to stack crit though. I'm not sure I like the change they've made, but I can at least appreciate the problem they're trying to solve.

10% crit, popping ultimates no problems anyway :)
    :]
  • supernico
    supernico
    ✭✭✭
    Changes to Ultimate generation we're needed mainly because DK is a beast at generating ultimates because well, many of its most used attacks are DoTs and AoEs. but this is definitelly not the solution.

Given the fact that after 1.6 all utimates will be generated in the same way, some of them shouldn't have been nerfed, some ultimates (Nova, Standard, Negate, Veil) should cost the same, even though they have different uses and mechanics. On the same page I don't agree with Veil of Blades nerf (60% self reduction to 30%) but it should cost 250.

On the other hand, and this might be a small detail, but generating ultimate with ranged light attacks it's not the same with generating ultimate with melee attacks. Ranged attacks have a bigger hitbox while melee attacks you have to be close to a target and can be avoided much easier. For some play styles this might be more difficult than it looks like. Resto staff on 2nd bar meta back? Heh.
    Anyways, a much effective solution was a time cooldown.

Blood Spawn is OP as *** and will continue to be in 1.6, even nerfed. I'm really eager to get the set, I hope before 1.6 hits live to really enjoy it's OPness.

Overall, I don't like the changes. Some nerfs and buffs here and there we're needed but this is not the way to do it, an overthinked way.
    Edited by supernico on February 21, 2015 4:23PM
    Supernico - VR14 DragonKnight - Daggerfall Covenant - Former Emperor

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it is a good thing it'll stop all the ulit spamming and may even improve performance. There called ultimates for a reason.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it is a good thing it'll stop all the ulit spamming and may even improve performance. There called ultimates for a reason.
    They are called Ultimates because they are stronger than normal skills and can be used less often.

Do you have any other arguments?
    supernico wrote: »
    Changes to Ultimate generation we're needed mainly because DK is a beast at generating ultimates because well, many of its most used attacks are DoTs and AoEs. but this is definitelly not the solution.

Given the fact that after 1.6 all utimates will be generated in the same way, some of them shouldn't have been nerfed, some ultimates (Nova, Standard, Negate, Veil) should cost the same, even though they have different uses and mechanics. On the same page I don't agree with Veil of Blades nerf (60% self reduction to 30%) but it should cost 250.

On the other hand, and this might be a small detail, but generating ultimate with ranged light attacks it's not the same with generating ultimate with melee attacks. Ranged attacks have a bigger hitbox while melee attacks you have to be close to a target and can be avoided much easier. For some play styles this might be more difficult than it looks like. Resto staff on 2nd bar meta back? Heh.
    Anyways, a much effective solution was a time cooldown.

Blood Spawn is OP as *** and will continue to be in 1.6, even nerfed. I'm really eager to get the set, I hope before 1.6 hits live to really enjoy it's OPness.

Overall, I don't like the changes. Some nerfs and buffs here and there we're needed but this is not the way to do it, an overthinked way.
    All classes can generate Ultimate at about the same ratio. Saying that DKs would be able to do it faster is just completely wrong unless you have 20 people shooting projectiles at his reflect which might be the case in solo play when fighting noobs but not in group fights. The nerf to reflect would have made DKs far less tanky in 1vX and should have been enough to nerf DKs.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate Gain Problems

Sap Tank Ultimate Gain
    Dragonknight Ultimate Gain

Fix?

Lower Sap Tank Ultimate Gain
    Lower Dragonknight Ultimate Gain

Solved.

But instead of doing that they horribly shredded everyone's Ultimate gain, and it still isn't balanced, because with the right build, Bloodspawn Set and blocking, with light attack weaving, you'll generate Ultimate faster than anyone else, as well as Templars and Nightblades having the better passives to generate Ultimate. Another problem I had with this change, Ultimates were never Ultimate to begin with, half of them do laughable damage, the rest may have some great utility attached to them, but they're absolutely worthless the second you use it because anyone with a brain roll dodges to the right or left and your "Ultimate" has been rendered obsolete.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good. less ult spam is the thing im looking forward to most.
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on February 25, 2015 1:06AM
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    The change to negate is really bad.

yeah i especially hate how negates now remove your food buffs and you will have to reapply them after every single negate. :s