The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

1.6.1 Change to Ultimate - Good or Bad?

• Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just put ultimate abilities on cool downs and have all skills that contribute to ulti generation lower the cool down by a set amount of seconds. I don't think ZoS even knows wtf it's doing anymore.
    That's going too far.

It wouldn't be too much different than it currently is in 1.6, for the most part, unless one is getting a lot of killing blows. Normalizing ult gain is just a convoluted way to achieve what cool downs do quite simply. The whole point is that ZoS doesn't want ultis to come out so quickly, so they are finding ways to lengthen and normalize the amount of time between ulti drops. Just add cool downs lol. It achieves the same bloody thing.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    I don't care how fast or slow the ult is.

I just want a fully DYNAMIC way to gain ult. NOT a STATIC base with some dynamic on top.

Exactly, ult generation should reward good/skilled play.

Hitting light attack once every 8 seconds is not good play -- they should have just put it on a timer and been done with it since that is clearly what was intended. (I don't like it)
    Edited by Oughash on February 4, 2015 9:21PM
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just put ultimate abilities on cool downs and have all skills that contribute to ulti generation lower the cool down by a set amount of seconds. I don't think ZoS even knows wtf it's doing anymore.
    That's going too far.

It wouldn't be too much different than it currently is in 1.6, for the most part, unless one is getting a lot of killing blows. Normalizing ult gain is just a convoluted way to achieve what cool downs do quite simply. The whole point is that ZoS doesn't want ultis to come out so quickly, so they are finding ways to lengthen and normalize the amount of time between ulti drops. Just add cool downs lol. It achieves the same bloody thing.

Normalizing Ultimate gain though leads to the imbalance of ultimates even more so than it already is. Sorc negates are going to be extremely powerful now, even with the nerf. Previous, if a Nova, Bats, Standard was negated they could generate enough for another ultimate pretty quickly but that's no longer the case.

It's going to make for more strategic and interesting gameplay but makes me think the cost of negate needs to be increased.

(don't hate me bro!)
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perphection I could never hate you. You're so jacked and tan! I like ulti gain the way it is :p. But if they're gonna do it the way they're doing it they might as well do cool downs nom saiyan? But yeah the whole 1.6 ulti change is whack.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's going too far.

Normalizing Ultimate gain though leads to the imbalance of ultimates even more so than it already is. Sorc negates are going to be extremely powerful now, even with the nerf. Previous, if a Nova, Bats, Standard was negated they could generate enough for another ultimate pretty quickly but that's no longer the case.

It's going to make for more strategic and interesting gameplay but makes me think the cost of negate needs to be increased.

(don't hate me bro!)

In what world could you generate a nova quickly
    3208002.gif
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be able to generate Nova's as quick as Perph if you were as jacked and tan as he is. Sorry, pleb.

Steve-Pulcinella-Do-You-Even-Lift.jpg
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be able to generate Nova's as quick as Perph if you were as jacked and tan as he is. Sorry, pleb.

Steve-Pulcinella-Do-You-Even-Lift.jpg

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 9, 2015 8:04PM
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your body is not ready for the MBF tag team

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 9, 2015 8:04PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your body is not ready for the MBF tag team

Aww you guys are so cute, acting all tough and stuff. Yes you are!

tumblr_mf20oaa5WP1qirf51.gif

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 9, 2015 8:05PM
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you being passive-aggressive for lack of testicular fortitude ;). Don't worry Huntler, we can't stuff you in the trashcan over the internet!

giphy.gif
    Edited by Aoe_Barbecue on February 4, 2015 10:19PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you being passive-aggressive for lack of testicular fortitude ;). Don't worry Huntler, we can't stuff you in the trashcan over the internet!

giphy.gif

I do it for your benefit, I fear for your safety.

tumblr_lmrhzguaeS1qd14wlo1_500.gif
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need. I am fabulous.

fabulous-secret-powers-o.gif
    Edited by Aoe_Barbecue on February 4, 2015 10:23PM
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    GIF OFFFFFF
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is great, ult gain in live make most encounters a joke aside from some vet dungeons and trials. going back to pvp after a week on the pts and I decided I dont even care how it works out as long as its a large change in the meta, giant groups stacking and negating ults is getting tiresome. And with changes to caps and some additional zerg busting moves there may even be some counter play to get the whole server in one group mentality... hopefully:/

i like no ult on kill( aside from frenzy proc), they may slightly increase ult gain light attacks to help out pve raids but need to stop pvp from being a ult spamfest.
    Ultimate suggests they should be epic not a basic part of our rotation!!!
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good! I love it!, leave it this way
    NA/PC
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each change they are making ults worse and worse. :(
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    The new ulti system is crappy in many ways:
    • First I'll compare it to cooldown system. When you have cd you can't use it faster but during downtime between fights (like riding to keep) it becomes available. Current system makes it during downtime you are not generating any ulti but when you jump into fight it quickly becomes usable. The more intense fight is, the more you need powerfull abilities like ulti. And you generate more because of hitting multiple enemies.
    • Second during 1vX fight you can more or less drop same amount of ultis as your opponents, because you generate more ulti than each one of them, and this evens number difference. With new system when fighting 3 enemies, they drop approx. 3 times more ultis then you do. Sometimes only way to kill outnumbered foe is by using ultis, now not only you'll be outnumbered but also they will drop more ultis than your group can do.
    I agree that utli generation is too high, but this change makes it even worse. The numbers need to be changed a little.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    3208002.gif

This guy..do you even know Braidas?

But you took that way too literal, and instead have focused on semantics and missed the point. Thankfully BBQ is here to defend my innocence.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaerlach wrote: »
    Blood Spawn has always had this cooldown, its just on the tooltip now. You could never get a 2nd proc of ultimate while you had the armor/sr buff active.
    Humm i'm not entirely sure about that. I'm pretty sure i sometimes get 2 procs in a row, in a lapse of time less than 6 sec. To be confirmed
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3208002.gif

But you took that way too literal, and instead have focused on semantics and missed the point. Thankfully BBQ is here to defend my innocence.
    Psh, innocence... I shall have none of that. This is no place for innocence. I took it literally partially as a joke.... partially as how absolutely ridiculously stupidly expensive that ability is for what it gives... :|
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some classes this will affect. Nightblade build who could literally gain enough ultimate points in 5 seconds to gain a full ultimate. < OP.

Also this will stop people who use healing springs spam and other various techniques to gain their ulti without earning it. (Standing outside a keep grouping up and spamming healing spring's is not 'earning' your ultimate but people will use it as it is part of the current mechanics).

I would honestly vote on a 'cooldown' system and not a 'light attack' system with various other passives added on.

Ultimate's are meant to be huge amazing things that done happen every other second. The game has changed into an ultimate game. Ultimate's are meant to be penultimate.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Jaerlach wrote: »
    Blood Spawn has always had this cooldown, its just on the tooltip now. You could never get a 2nd proc of ultimate while you had the armor/sr buff active.
    Humm i'm not entirely sure about that. I'm pretty sure i sometimes get 2 procs in a row, in a lapse of time less than 6 sec. To be confirmed

Been using it since it came out and can confirm it would proc with no cooldown if enough dots are on you.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    not having combat frenzy maxed, not killing people (coz i tank) and not having bloodspawn, i still felt like my ulti was genning way too quickly in live. On the PTS, we are only dueling but i felt like my ulti was there everytime i needed it. Will be different when its group play though. However i dont see the reason for no ulti when you kill someone in general. That more punishes you for killing someone.

If they reverted the change to negate and let one well placed negate cancel out any stacked negates, then i think that would help reduce zerging. Negates are PvP essentially and being out numbered is alot harder now that one negate is useless against multiple.

Not when EP's current meta is negate negate negate. This work's. It make's them win. But its overpowered. We killed 25 Reds on a resource the other day and my 'kill enemy Sorcerer's' went from 0 to 17. They always have a counter negate, simple.

Also there is a bug where stacked negates cannot be negated by one negate.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    3208002.gif

Psh, innocence... I shall have none of that. This is no place for innocence. I took it literally partially as a joke.... partially as how absolutely ridiculously stupidly expensive that ability is for what it gives... :|

Yeah, that's the point I was "ultimately", trying to get across ;). The cost of Ultimates is going to become an increasing concern with everyone generating a fixed amount.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3208002.gif

Yeah, that's the point I was "ultimately", trying to get across ;). The cost of Ultimates is going to become an increasing concern with everyone generating a fixed amount.

It's only going to make groups who can gen ulti the fastest continue to be the strongest. The new system makes smaller groups at a large disadvantage and will be harder to Zerg bust. Even with the new alliance war Zerg bust skill it isn't as good as a few good placed ulties.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the changes >:(
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a small-group PvPer who often fights outnumbered, the change is disastrous. Also, melee DKs will be in a really bad position now. Boggles the mind why they are changing a responsive system that gave you ultimate when you needed it, based on what you actually did, to something awful like this.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a small-group PvPer who often fights outnumbered, the change is disastrous. Also, melee DKs will be in a really bad position now. Boggles the mind why they are changing a responsive system that gave you ultimate when you needed it, based on what you actually did, to something awful like this.

It was already mentioned that activities like blocking will start the counter as well.

Still, I agree the new system is boring as hell and after testing last night I find that not being able to chain together long streaks of ultimate on successive kills makes 1vX that much more difficult for me.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was already mentioned that activities like blocking will start the counter as well.

Still, I agree the new system is boring as hell and after testing last night I find that not being able to chain together long streaks of ultimate on successive kills makes 1vX that much more difficult for me.

I had a build in mind for my alt using 2h/DW and had to scrap it with all of these changes. Without having some ranged weapon for a light attack you are already at a loss. On Top of these new added changes.

They did say they are working on getting the ulti to gen through shields and that it wasn't intended how it is now.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭

Dalris knows the deal welcome to Elder Zerks Online even more
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual