Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: When does the 6 month subscription return?

Elsonso
Elsonso
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so someone mentioned this and it is true that the 6 month subscription is no longer an option. Any reason why? When are you bringing it back?
Edited by Elsonso on December 28, 2014 1:57AM
PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see this option too.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if they have already decided to go f2p in less than 6 months? I hope not.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup just logged in and I see only 30 days and 90 days. We are going to need some clarification on this or the rumour mill will quickly take over.

Could be as it is the end of year that it is something to do with their accounting systems not being set up properly for next year yet.

Could also be something far more sinister .....
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI my account is currently subscribed for 6 months and still says I will be billed for the correct 6 month figure when the current sub runs out out but...

If I go to edit the sub it does only offer the 2 shorter options.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    please don't make this game F2P, this game deserves better then that!!!!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lordrichter: this question was answered on the french forum. I didn't add it in the english section because we had enough doom&gloom going on already (with reason).
    Bonjour à tous,

Nous avons constaté que les joueurs préféraient les abonnements de 30 et 90 jours, l'équipe The Elder Scrolls Online a donc pris la décision de supprimer l'abonnement de 180 jours.
    Les abonnements de 30 et 90 jours sont toujours disponibles.

Translation:
    We have noticed that players prefered subscriptions of 30 and 90 days, the Elder Scrolls Online team therefore took the decision to delete the 180 days subscription.
    The 30 and 90 days subscription are still available.

While it doesn't answer everything, it's at least better than nothing.
    Stop hiding behind your desks when you write stuff @ZOS!
    Edited by Gyudan on December 23, 2014 9:16AM
    Wololo.
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can't see it happening at this point. Zos have their work cut out just implementing the Champ system and reworking lots of skills and systems. I doubt they have the resources to be working on a conversion to free to play at the same time.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sorry to say,but thats not convincing. A dumb excuse.
    Why in the world should they delete an option because users dont want it that much? It cost money to.have that option?? Cmon...as always they are hiding information. This is just going to create chaos and speculation.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks are either threatening to cancel or are in an uproar because they can't subscribe LONGER.

I really shouldn't read this forum before coffee....
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bellanca6561n: on the french forum, one of the players was arguing that he'll now have to pay an extra 1€ every month (+7% increase) for his sub.
    Most people would feel bad if their rent or electricity went up 7%.
    Wololo.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for translation @Gyudan! But I really don't understand their point. We have noticed that players prefered subscriptions of 30 and 90 days, so what? It's normal thing, isn't it?
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it have to do with console release in 6 months more or less and the game going to be by obligation f2p to be released in consoles?
    Edited by RazielSR on December 23, 2014 9:30AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you not give your customers simply all the options possible to pay you money? Even if only three people are using that option it is three people who wanted to pay money that way. I can't imagine the discount was so amazing they felt it threatened their bottom line.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated in many MMO review site with their 'year ahead' reviews.
    Most put ESO down as going F2P with the release of the console version (and realistically they would have to as you couldn't have it free for consoles and not for PC) due to the fact they couldn't get Sony or Xbox to back down on having to pay for the internet connection.

Good news thou, this means for all those moaning like hell about it everyday on Fb, console release is less than 6 months away :p

nb, interestingly now I think about it that could explain the stop on Spellcrafting also....perhaps most items are going to have to be purchased to make the potions ect....
    Edited by Sindala on December 23, 2014 9:40AM
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @bellanca6561n: on the french forum, one of the players was arguing that he'll now have to pay an extra 1€ every month (+7% increase) for his sub.
    Most people would feel bad if their rent or electricity went up 7%.

Not if their electric Bill cost what ESO does! Also here in the UK our utility bills regularly increase for more than that.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RazielSR wrote: »
    What if it have to do with console release in 6 months more or less and the game going to be by obligation f2p to be released in consoles?

Why does it have to be free to play on consoles? Modern console players that play online already understand about pay subscriptions.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Most put ESO down as going F2P with the release of the console version (and realistically they would have to as you couldn't have it free for consoles and not for PC) due to the fact they couldn't get Sony or Xbox to back down on having to pay for the internet connection.

Good news thou, this means for all those moaning like hell about it everyday on Fb, console release is less than 6 months away :p

nb, interestingly now I think about it that could explain the stop on Spellcrafting also....perhaps most items are going to have to be purchased to make the potions ect....

We should know information. As you or me or others say,this could be the thing about console release and going f2p. I think.this is the most important information we should know.

If thats the case,as it seems,you could say we have been paying ESO console release and the future f2p game.
    Edited by RazielSR on December 23, 2014 9:48AM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

Why does it have to be free to play on consoles? Modern console players that play online already understand about pay subscriptions.

You would effectively have to pay 3 times to play the game.
    Once for your Internet provider,
    once to sony/xbox for their internet connection and
    one to Zenimax to play the game.

Would you really do that for a game a year old that your probably at VR14 on the PC anyway??
    Plus they are trying to grab console players who normally only buy the game once then play it thru.
    This type of MMO is pretty new to consoles (don't quote ff14 as that's not a western MMO) and to entice people things have to be free not come with a $15 per month price tag (just a guess).
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As sindala says...I really cant see the game released in console and the players paying that much.
    If you think about it...maybe Zos knew this from the very beginning. They are maybe just testing the game with pc users while we pay and then... booom f2p so console players can play and they can sell some more. Its a win-win situation for ZOS.
    Edited by RazielSR on December 23, 2014 9:54AM
  • Nibelaja
    Nibelaja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont want to spread any rumors, but i can remember clearly when EA deleted the 180 days subscription for Warhammer Online that a half year later that lovely game were gone...
    Remember thats just some experience, no official news^^
    Edited by Nibelaja on December 23, 2014 9:55AM
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nibelaja wrote: »
    I dont want to spread any rumors, but i can remember clearly when EA deleted the 180 days subscription for Warhammer Online that a half year later that lovely game were gone...
    Remember thats just some experience, no official news^^

True. We are all speculating but hey...I really think the most obvious thing to happen would be about what we are talking.

And more if you read the answer from the french mod

ZOS does not say a word because they cant,mainly because should be trur. Of course if this was not true,they would just say "dont panic! Console release is not making the game go f2p" this game,AS WE SAID, wont go f2p. We would shut down servers before that happens"
    Edited by RazielSR on December 23, 2014 10:00AM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We should know information. As you or me or others say,this could be the thing about console release and going f2p. I think.this is the most important information we should know.

If thats the case,as it seems,you could say we have been paying ESO console release and the future f2p game.

Lol, if we are honest with ourselves, we all know we have been paying to beta test the console version.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nibelaja‌: If this is the case, it would be very dangerous for ZOS and its senior developpers.
    - it would damage the sales of all the coming Zenimax titles (TES VI, Fallout 4, ...) and the associated goodies if those who would have bought these games turn to other means to access them, as a payback for ESO's supposed lies
    - it would damage the careers of anyone involved in the decision process at ZOS. I personally wouldn't ever trust them again in another game if they bluntly lie to us for months.

For these reasons, I think that they wouldn't risk it. Time will tell.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 23, 2014 10:05AM
    Wololo.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That french answer really tells us nothing.

1 month and 3 month subs are always going to be more popular. That's a non-reason for the removal of the 6 month option.

Definitely has lends credence to the console/F2P rumors.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would effectively have to pay 3 times to play the game.
    Once for your Internet provider,
    once to sony/xbox for their internet connection and
    one to Zenimax to play the game.

Would you really do that for a game a year old that your probably at VR14 on the PC anyway??
    Plus they are trying to grab console players who normally only buy the game once then play it thru.
    This type of MMO is pretty new to consoles (don't quote ff14 as that's not a western MMO) and to entice people things have to be free not come with a $15 per month price tag (just a guess).

The only difference between the costs you state and what PC players pay is the PS+ or XBL, which brings its own benefits. So yes I do expect them to pay those costs. You expect ZOS to not make money, just because console players have an additional cost?

Also, its a huge assumption to say that console players probably have a VR14, most PC players don't have a VR14 yet. There are many people with consoles that cant afford a decent enough PC to play ESO on (well not at a decent graphics setting), so the market is not just current PC players.

Just out of curiosity is "Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn" free to play on the PS4 or XBone?
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol, if we are honest with ourselves, we all know we have been paying to beta test the console version.

That's what I've been saying since the beginning. If the game goes F2P when console version comes out AND you have in game purchases, it will be the last straw for me and many others.
    Edited by TehMagnus on December 23, 2014 10:18AM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @Nibelaja‌: If this is the case, it would be very dangerous for ZOS and its senior developpers.
    - it would damage the sales of all the coming Zenimax titles (TES VI, Fallout 4, ...) and the associated goodies if those who would have bought these games turn to other means to access them, as a payback for ESO's supposed lies
    - it would damage the careers of anyone involved in the decision process at ZOS. I personally wouldn't ever trust them again in another game if they bluntly lie to us for months.

For these reasons, I think that they wouldn't risk it. Time will tell.

Again, if we are honest with ourselves....it wouldn't and never does make the slightest difference.
    I could be so angry with ESO that I smashed the play disc up and inserted it into the Guar plushy I bought for a damb ingame pet code, but......

.....I'd still be one of the first drooling at the window, waiting for the shop to open to buy the new Elder Scrolls game ;)
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There really is nothing to the argument that console players pay "twice" for ESO. They don't.

They pay once for an ESO subscription, same as PC players.

PSN and Xbox Live are not services just for ESO, they allow you to play lots of games online. The Sony solution of not charging players who ONLY play ESO online is a good one, but, realistically, how many people is that going to be?

Even though I primarily play ESO on my PC, I still enjoy playing other games online once in a while (Chivalry Medieval Warfare for one).

Console players are probably even less likely to be single game gamers.

Its really more of a psychological problem. They're just not used to subscriptions. Paying $15 a month for a new map pack every month? Well clearly that's totally different./sarcasm

If ESO were to repackage it so that they charged for updates every month, they'd make the same money without the psychological factor driving people away. I could care less either way.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it did go f2p it still would have a monthly membership deal(s), every f2p mmorpg have that too. So it doesnt make sense no matter which side of the coin you look. Maybe 6 month option really is rarely used by players in todays shkfting mmorpg market, maybe 6 month sub option creates a nuisance for ZOS making it somehow less resource and financial heavy to have. And maybe earth truly is flat.
    Edited by Nacario on December 23, 2014 10:28AM
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacario wrote: »
    Even if it did go f2p it still would have a monthly membership deal(s), every f2p mmorpg have that too. So it doesnt make sense no matter which side of the coin you look. Maybe 6 month option really is rarely used by players in todays shkfting mmorpg market, maybe 6 month sub option creates a nuisance for ZOS making it somehow less resource and financial heavy to have. And maybe earth truly is flat.

Your point could be valid too. Anyway,what financial resource is to have that option? i mean if one wants to buy it ok,if not,ok. It is just a virtual option,not a bunch of apples going to rot.

Edited by RazielSR on December 23, 2014 10:33AM