Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Though I know there have been issues surrounding the weapon swap, but has there ever been any consideration of adding a 3rd slot to cycle to? This would come in handy for those that use different melee/staff/bows
    It wouldn't really work as a toggle though. It's hard enough to switch weapons sometimes when it doesn't seem to want to respond, it would be worse if I had to cycle through an extra weapon to get the one I want.
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hybris6 wrote: »
    Will you ever make reflective scales toggle like magelight and make it reflect all incoming damage?
    OMG please do this! I can't wait for the threads on this one.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »
    My question is in regard to the justice system.

Will there be any badass, powerful NPCs that are likely to curbstomp you if you try to steal from or kill them. I would like to see some "Champion Level" NPCs that present significant challenge to kill or steal from.

Guards are unkillable. They can kill you but you can only flee from them.
    That is good, but I am more talking about a Champion Level NPC that would be really difficult to kill. I'd like to see some "Elite"/"Champion" NPCs dropping ultimates, using dark cloak/bolt esca-e to escape, and basically making themselves more than just fodder to be murdered.
    I'm pretty sure guards will be killable, they just get a boss health bar and there will probably be an infinite number of them.

Nope, guards are unkillable.
    Wait...What?! They are making the guards unkillable? Who's idea was that?
  • FoxyKitten
    FoxyKitten
    ✭✭
    I can't believe how many people are being driven crazy by the unwanted leaderboard notifications and yet there is no way to turn them off. It may come as a surprise to Z but I and many other DO NOT care who has done what in how many minutes. Please, at the very least make this annoying, distracting waste of my time a toggle. Let me turn the stupid thing off. I DO NOT want the constant income of these notifications that are completely irrelevant to me and many others.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »
    My question is in regard to the justice system.

Will there be any badass, powerful NPCs that are likely to curbstomp you if you try to steal from or kill them. I would like to see some "Champion Level" NPCs that present significant challenge to kill or steal from.

Guards are unkillable. They can kill you but you can only flee from them.
    That is good, but I am more talking about a Champion Level NPC that would be really difficult to kill. I'd like to see some "Elite"/"Champion" NPCs dropping ultimates, using dark cloak/bolt esca-e to escape, and basically making themselves more than just fodder to be murdered.
    I'm pretty sure guards will be killable, they just get a boss health bar and there will probably be an infinite number of them.

Nope, guards are unkillable.
    Wait...What?! They are making the guards unkillable? Who's idea was that?

The guards maybe, I'm sure they are going to have their hands full, maybe they feel dying as well is too much :sunglasses:

To be serious though, the idea is stealth, if you get caught you can run or surrender, fighting them should never be an option. If you aren't stealthy enough, try something else. It's stealth for thieving not fighting.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    why when there is lag my character uses skills that dont have? example: silver bolt.
    I think you have a serious problem of management of information. Can you not remove notiificaciones of trials? I think a few people interested. you can better put a list to look.

the neuromancer ( combat bug DK)
  • GatheredMyst
    GatheredMyst
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to ask a constructive question about Nightblades and Stealth!

Currently, Stealth as a function of combat seems to not be very well utilized or fleshed out. There aren't many abilities that actually make use of stealth, and the one ability that DOES isn't effective against really anything outside of overland PVE Content. Are there any plans to flesh out Stealth to add more abilities that take advantage of it.

Some things that come to mind when I think of cool stealth abilities are: bonus damage on certain abilities while stealthed, a debuff that can only be applied from stealth, a passive that applies stealth off combat effects to allow for neat combos, etc.

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to ask questions! I hope that I get to hear this one answered in the next ESO Live! :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently, Stealth as a function of combat seems to not be very well utilized or fleshed out. There aren't many abilities that actually make use of stealth, and the one ability that DOES isn't effective against really anything outside of overland PVE Content. Are there any plans to flesh out Stealth to add more abilities that take advantage of it.

Some things that come to mind when I think of cool stealth abilities are: bonus damage on certain abilities while stealthed, a debuff that can only be applied from stealth, a passive that applies stealth off combat effects to allow for neat combos, etc.

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to ask questions! I hope that I get to hear this one answered in the next ESO Live! :)

Umm.. this thread is about the one that occured three days ago. You may want to hold that thought until they open the thread for the one on the 19th..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • GatheredMyst
    GatheredMyst
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Umm.. this thread is about the one that occured three days ago. You may want to hold that thought until they open the thread for the one on the 19th..

Huh, the OP has the following, though...
    All you have to do is post your questions in this thread and we’ll choose some to answer every two weeks on the show.

Seems to imply that this thread will continue to be utilized.

I'll keep an eye out for a new post, though. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Klashnikov
    I think it would be interesting in pvp for vampires to be more powerful at night. It would add a nice little twist to the gameplay.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klashnikov wrote: »
    I think it would be interesting in pvp for vampires to be more powerful at night. It would add a nice little twist to the gameplay.

Only if the werewolf get more benefits all the time, like vamps do.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was hinted or teased at one point that included with the Provisioning update will be VR10 recipes. Can this be confirmed or will VR5 recipes remain the max level?
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to ask about the player housing that was mentioned around a month after release. I understood that it was meant to be an addition to the game after a year or so and there has been no word on whether this feature was intended to be added soon or not. I had been eagerly awaiting to see if there would be a change in adding this. Will we be hearing about housing features or was the mention a pipe dream?
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will ZOS ever implement a solution so that factions can interact in the PvE world from Veteran levels onwards?

I can understand the reason for that during the first 50 levels, but it is limiting for Veteran levels.
  • AureateRN
    AureateRN
    ✭✭✭
    snip

You've clearly been extremely responsive in myriad ways. Thank you.

For a very long time we have been in need of a more accurate and flexible system of character customization. It does affect female "avatars" more than male, but since both genders play as females, I believe it's still what ZOS would consider a valid issue.

Question: When can we expect character creation screen and in-game appearance of "avatars" to match, and in lieu of that when can we expect a preview vehicle or time period that allows us to fix appearance flaws that are not our doing but a result of the above-mentioned discrepancy--one which does not count against our one try per 24 hours?

Suggestions follow...

That first handful of chances goes fast when such huge differences exist, such as (but absolutely not limited to) ear and hair co-mingling in distracting and physically impossible ways when using the loose, unadorned long hair with a female Bosmer. In character creation just the ear tips show. In-game those perfect ears and hair get all mangled up in a physically impossible and distracting way below the ear tips, no matter what you do, and it's particularly bothersome because the hair is thinner on the side where it should be thicker, which appears to cause the problem in the first place!

Short-term Fix A: Make that hairstyle a fraction thicker on the avatar's right side for all races. You fixed helmet clipping for other races. Why not this, which can be a minor change with major impact?

Short-term Fix B: Make the first 3 minutes in Coldharbour a "blackout" period during which no one can send or receive any kind of communication, and let players use that brief period of time to review their "avatar" as actually rendered in-game before it counts against their one tweak per (allegedly) 24 hours (which is oft-times considerably longer).

Obviously the ideal situation would be to create and maintain a fully functional and robust character creation system that allows a preview to ascertain in-game appearance and a means to take the weight of preventing server overload and black market activities/botting off the shoulders of paying subscribers.

The current limits and flaws are absolutely suffocating, and as much as I love the game, the lore, the improvements in the books (the spelling and grammar are worlds better than in the past!) and the overall playability, I cannot fully enjoy ESO in a sub-par "avatar". I have tried, mightily and repeatedly. If I have to do those beginning levels many more times I'm very likely to lose my mind and my own very real hair.

To the pre-pubescent "girls are icky and someone has to force me to brush my teeth when they start growing fuzz" kids whose brains, based on forum commentary and zone chat, have not yet physically or emotionally matured enough to even understand the concept of empathy (it happens somewhere around age 12 but varies) it's not a big deal...but we ARE talking about the vehicles through which we experience the entire game.

"...people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could some kind soul please post a link so I can go watch this now that I have time? Thank you.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 open ended questions and one single answer question. If you can only answer one please chose the final question.
    • What is your Design Vision for the following classes.
      • Sorcerer
      • Templar
      • Dragon Knight
      • Night Blade
    • Some addons seem to be necessary components for smooth, nonfrustrating gameplay. Examples include guild search, buff/debuff/taunt trackers, item savers, armor set and skill set macros, and inventory management and navigation. Do you have any plans to update the native UI to include more common and necessary MMO features?
    • What is your vision for Cyrodiil regarding each individual class and the role that they play in group PvP? Do you see the classes as simply different ways to fulfill the same roles, or do you see the classes as more specialized for fulfilling certain roles in PvP. Another way to think of this question is this. If you had to design an animated game trailer show casing the four classes during a keep siege and defense what would we see in that video for each class?
    Edited by Armitas on December 9, 2014 6:20PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is being done about Cyrodiil at the moment? Is there an ETA on fixing lag/disconnects or on Spellcrafting/Imperial City?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Seems to imply that this thread will continue to be utilized.

I'll keep an eye out for a new post, though. Thanks for the heads up.

This is correct. We're pulling questions from this thread for the next ESO Live now. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Yandros
    Yandros
    ✭✭
    1. How are current VR ranked items like weapons and armor going to be treated when the champion system comes. What will be the difference between having a VR1 Warlock set vs a VR12 Warlock set when it converts ?

2. When is Jewelry crafting going to be introduced

3. When is player/guild housing planned to be added
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... from the Ask Us Anything segment...

LIVESTREAM: No plans currently to have characters be able to sit on chairs. Because when they were placing them no one thought about anyone ever sitting on them.
    Seriously? You REALLY never thought people might want their characters to be able to USE the furniture you put ALL OVER THE GAME WORLD????
    LIVESTREAM: Horseracing still in development, no ETA.
    So....somebody mentioned it at a meeting and somebody said, "Yeah that might be fun..." and... that's it? Can you expand on what "in development" actually means? Please?
    LIVESTREAM: In game events possible, scavenger hunts mentioned, in the future. With prizes.
    HUZZAH! Now....can you define "in the future?"
    LIVESTREAM: When asked if they were planning to make it so we can display character names or for there to be empty houses where no NPCs live they replied that they are discussing it but there are no plans yet.
    So player housing is definitely still not even being seriously considered at this point, is it?
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 9, 2014 8:18PM

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here's my questions for the next Livestream:
    1. Are you now forbidden from asking/answering any questions from me? ;)
    2. Are there going to be any improvements or changes to vampires at all? If so, what and when?
    3. Are there any further plans for introducing player housing? If so, is there even a vague ETA?
    4. Will there EVER be a barber shop and/or any other form of character customization options?
    5. Since there are no plans to make existing furniture "sittable" will you make more emotes of sitting in chairs in various different positions? Please?
    6. Will you be introducing vanity pets within the game, possibly as quest rewards or through a pet vendor?
    7. When will we have Senche Tiger mounts and/or any other type of mounts?
    8. Will there ever be purchasable cultural clothing for the disguise/costume slot that we can purchase in game?
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 9, 2014 8:27PM

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Could some kind soul please post a link so I can go watch this now that I have time? Thank you.

not sure the kind soul applies in this case, but here you go =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mInroRu6C-s
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

not sure the kind soul applies in this case, but here you go =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mInroRu6C-s

I had actually just found it on my own finally and just finished watching it but thanks!

• Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    When ZOS goes to tweak all class abilities will they be minor changes or will they be completely new skills? Can you give us a sample of a skill you are changing? A skill that's not to widely used by a certain class, like petrify from the DK skill line or the deadric summons for sorcs.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on December 10, 2014 1:02AM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
  • Thudunblundur
    Thudunblundur
    ✭✭✭
    Will you sort out the low population bonus mess in Cyrodiil, please? Both the mechanism and the other problems that are driving so many away from the pvp side of the game and which are extensively documented in the Alliance war section of the forum?
    Edited by Thudunblundur on December 10, 2014 10:41AM
  • meg1972
    meg1972
    ✭✭✭
    • justice system: must I become a thief to find a stile-book in future?
    • is someone working on a housing system all ready? Will the house be save from thieves? Will there be NPC in the housing with pets, marriage and kids?
    • is someone working on jewelery or underwater-life?
    • what will be different with the spell crafting system and when will it come?
    • is the promised space for trophies and pets coming with the next update?
    • will it ever be possible with soul-stones to steal ability from creatures and Dungeon-Boss?
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    Justice System :: I tend to accidentially hit [R] instead of [E] when trying to interact with NPCs.

Can I have an Oops, Sorry!! --Button please.

Sorry if already asked elsewhere and sorry for bad English.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathmor wrote: »
    Justice System :: I tend to accidentially hit [R] instead of [E] when trying to interact with NPCs.

I kept doing that as well, so I moved my ultimate to 6 instead of R :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathmor wrote: »

You do have the option of binding your controls to other keys. Hit esc to go to settings. Click on control and move down to the one you want to change. Click on the letter or symbol next to it and you get the option to change it.

My ulltimate is at F4 and my quick slot is set to F2. I haven't set the key binding for gathering after opening a chest or whatever. Interrupt is now R. Dodge is F6.

Edited by Ysne58 on December 10, 2014 1:32PM
This discussion has been closed.