The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    You do have the option of binding your controls to other keys.

I know that, thanks.

I like the standard keybindings as they are, well done Zenimax.

I don't like the idea to be sent to prison for something, anything, that happened unintended and accidentially, like spilling my coffee over a colleague at work.
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever be able to dye shields and weapons???

Are you working on more Emotes?? :)
    Edited by Milf_Hero on December 10, 2014 5:46PM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding stealth: when the Justice system goes fully live, who can and who can't see a stealthed character?

Now: everybody in the same alliance can still see you when stealthed.

Justice: will we be hidden from only tabard wearing guards or all other players that we aren't grouped with. Worried about 'concerned citizens' using the fact that stealth doesn't work on people in your own alliance to report any criminal activity in zone chat or whatever means for the fun of watching the altercation from behind the safety of their non-combatant status.
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that Coldharbor (which is supposed to be a group effort from all 3 factions) and Craglorn could be made multi faction? This would help retain player base by allowing players to group with friends who leveled characters in other factions and would just make sense.

Please consider changing the color of Veil Of Blades from red to purple or something. I constantly tell people "Don't stand in red.... except that red stand in that red" and you can't see AOEs very well if they are hidden under a veil.
    Also please make enemy standards visually different from ally standards.

Is there any work being done on the targeting system to make it easier and more accurate when targeting enemies?
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    @phreatophile‌ excellent question!

Others: the Justice System will not be implemented in Cyrodiil, so this question is strictly about PvE zones.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

Others: the Justice System will not be implemented in Cyrodiil, so this question is strictly about PvE zones.

Thanks, I should have specified that. Might make PVE zones appear even more empty if all the stealthed players are invisible, but the potential for trouble is huge if criminals can be seen while stealthed by anybody not wearing a tabard.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to create player or guild housing in the game? I know it wouldn't be happening anytime soon but any details would be nice.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider changing the color of Veil Of Blades from red to purple or something. I constantly tell people "Don't stand in red.... except that red stand in that red" and you can't see AOEs very well if they are hidden under a veil.
    Also please make enemy standards visually different from ally standards.

Rolf.. I had that conversation with Turbine for 5 years on some of the Loremaster stuff. All I ever heard was.. aint gonna happen. We dont care if its friendly or enemy fire, don't stand in it. Hope ZoS can.
    Edited by Darlgon on December 10, 2014 11:21PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm.. you sure about that.. I never heard anything like that from ZoS. And I really dont see the Enforcer / Villan aspect being left out of AVA.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Umm.. you sure about that.. I never heard anything like that from ZoS. And I really dont see the Enforcer / Villan aspect being left out of AVA.
    In an interview on the biweekly broadcasts, Paul Sage said Justice System would be too difficult to implement in Cyrodiil.

Sounds like you know how it could be made to work. Care to share your thoughts in a new thread if I'm right?
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    6. Will you be introducing vanity pets within the game, possibly as quest rewards or through a pet vendor?
    7. When will we have Senche Tiger mounts and/or any other type of mounts?
    8. Will there ever be purchasable cultural clothing for the disguise/costume slot that we can purchase in game?

These are things that I was going to ask about as well. All vanity stuff for sure, but would really love to see it.
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this question already asked but I want to know: what if enforcer see a crime? Is there any bounty for it? Or only NPC witness will be able to "shout about crime"?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    Training dummies allow folk to develop new builds, test them and get used to using various skills and abilities. Will we ever see training dummies anytime soon?
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
    ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
    Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
    William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
    AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • meg1972
    meg1972
    ✭✭✭
    Training-Dungeons to train Healing-skills in a group would also be good.
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    meg1972 wrote: »
    Yes, less people training that in banks and around crafting stations, send those to some dungeon, please!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathmor wrote: »
    Yes, less people training that in banks and around crafting stations, send those to some dungeon, please!
    Training at the bank is pointless, isn't it? I thought it only worked if the target had less than 100% health, which nobody at the bank will have.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    Still people keep spamming heals in banks. Do you think they would listen to your explanation?
    I would rather try
    /sitchairPopcorn
    /sitchairCokePopcorn
    /sitchairCokePopcorn3DGlasses
    on them.
    Can we have that, please?
    Edited by Cathmor on December 11, 2014 11:44AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still people keep spamming heals in banks. Do you think they would listen to your explanation?
    I would rather try
    /sitchairPopcorn
    /sitchairCokePopcorn
    /sitchairCokePopcorn3DGlasses
    on them.
    Can we have that, please?
    I assumed they were just being jerks, not trying to level up healing skills. Does spamming heals in the bank actually work to level up healing skills, or not?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I assumed they were just being jerks
    and you were right about that!
    Here's an 'agree' for you.
  • Kitty8Khajiit
    Kitty8Khajiit
    ✭✭
    Dedhed wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    6. Will you be introducing vanity pets within the game, possibly as quest rewards or through a pet vendor?
    7. When will we have Senche Tiger mounts and/or any other type of mounts?
    8. Will there ever be purchasable cultural clothing for the disguise/costume slot that we can purchase in game?

These are things that I was going to ask about as well. All vanity stuff for sure, but would really love to see it.

<3 This one wants pet and ride-able Big Cats, and pet small cats. Kitty knows others do too.

<3 Kitty wants to save the Real World tigers by donating money through Tamrielic riding-Senche school to the World Wildlife Fund's adopt-a-tiger program (http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Tiger.aspx?gid=33).
    Naturally Kitty already donates, but thought her fellow Khajiiti and maybe the other residents of Tamriel would also enjoy such a chance; to ride a trained Senche-Tiger into battle, while supporting wild real tigers in this life. 3,200, is too few tigers in the wilds of Earth, yes? :'(

o:) Zenimax and Bethesda will grant Kitty's wishes, yes?

May bright moons guide us all.
    Kitty =^..^=
    <3 Kitty, Kitty, KittyKittyKitty! =^..^=
    <3Adopt a tiger, we need to save Earth's Senches.
    <3http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Tiger.aspx?sc=AWY1302WC922
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They arent training. They are quickly building their ultimate. The more people the better.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They arent training. They are quickly building their ultimate. The more people the better.
    So it does have some practical use? But how can they be building Ultimate when nobody is actually receiving any healing? Surely Ultimate should only build if the heal actually does something...
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one supports @Kitty8Khajiit‌ in the request for senche ridable mount. This one looks ridiculous on a horse and doesn't ride unless she has to. This one would love to have a pack guar to carry her things as she wanders the world of Nirn.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    This one supports @Kitty8Khajiit‌ in the request for senche ridable mount. This one looks ridiculous on a horse and doesn't ride unless she has to. This one would love to have a pack guar to carry her things as she wanders the world of Nirn.

I wish Khajiit could sprint on all four paws when they wished to. It would be something fun and unique like Argonian swimming speed.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man these ESO Live episodes are really entertaining from beginning to end. I think Jason Leavey won the past episode for puns. You have earned a new title Jason "the PUNisher" Leavey.
    Edited by Armitas on December 11, 2014 4:00PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have the ability to craft high level items with lower level "looks"? I'm now VR level and love the textures/colour improvements with the higher levels (so would like to keep quality of texture/colours)

However, I would love to have some clothes that are in the style of the previous meshes/models. Eg I quite liked the Bosmer wrap around top/skirt combo, but since I''m now VR level the Bosmer stuff doesn't look like that anymore and I'll never be able to craft it to look like that.

There were quite a few looks from the lower levels that were quite cool-let us have access to them! :#
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my questions:

1) Will the guild bank access issues ever be addressed (infinite loading of items requiring restart of bank session numerous times and the auto-stacking issue)?

2) Will you ever add cosmetic armor slots to allow better personal customization? (basically two slots for each armor slot..one like normal and a second one that will show only the cosmetic features if populated with an item while retaining the stats of the item in the primary slot). This would also address the previous post of allowing for the look of lower level crafted items to be useful to higher level players for cosmetic purposes.

3) Will you ever add a preview function to view what something looks like without having to equip it?
    Edited by EQBallzz on December 12, 2014 7:27AM
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

So it does have some practical use? But how can they be building Ultimate when nobody is actually receiving any healing? Surely Ultimate should only build if the heal actually does something...

You gain Ultimate for every ally that receives the buff, even out of combat. This includes pets and even NPCs that you can't attack. As far as I can tell, casting it out of combat doesn't increase your skill.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Gogoze
    Gogoze
    Soul Shriven
    my game wont start past pressing play on client on brings up screen thats black an blue loading symbol then never starts up.
    i have compatible comp., use windows 8, driver an everything up to date. one thing is when i click on eso folder an open live folder inside, its all empty an i have no usersettings.txt in there either.
    im very fustrated hence im 4 days into sub now with 0 gameplay so im basically being robbed so thats nice. 3rd install now
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JoeBlackburn wrote: »

For Update 6 we are making a huge effort to make sure that everything that costs Magicka scales in damage based off your Max Magicka and Spell Damage, and uses Spell Critical as its Critical Strike Chance. Similarly, all abilities that cost Stamina will scale in damage based off your Max Stamina and Weapon Damage, and use Weapon Critical as their Critical Strike Chance.

Will Critical Surge now buff both spell damage as well as weapon damage?
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on December 12, 2014 4:03AM
This discussion has been closed.