Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Road Ahead - December 4

• Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Hop on Thornblade-NA right now and see the stability of your ***. What a *** joke. I realize this isn't constructive but neither are your patches.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    No info on spellcrafting.
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    No info on spellcrafting.

Word from the ESO Live episode that was just broadcast is that Spellcrafting is still in development and is not intended to be released until *after* the console versions are released.

I audibly *GROANED* when I heard that was the timeframe, because a picture of someone holding a PS4 controller isn't actually a release date for console. We will get Champion, Justice, Imperial City, and Wrothgar before we get Spellcrafting, I'm afraid.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »
    The up and coming additions are cool no question about that. Generally, the game is coming along great. It's just the glaringly impactful issues really should be a focal point as well, PR aside.

It's not a matter of being spoiled. And Santa and Xmas has nothing to do with it nor does stabs at people never being happy. [snip] This is a product, and not a gift and it's perfectly reasonable to discuss it as such for what it is.

If you bought a bluray player for someone for Xmas and everything was awesome except it just stopped playing every 5 minutes - would you say something "negative" about it, perhaps want it repaired and working as it should? If not I'd love for you to be my customer.

The Christmas reference was just a point of humour (maybe not the best one).

I'm very tired of the general negativism that a great part of the active forum posters are spreading on the forum.
    I believe that ESO is a great game and that we are very lucky to have so much updates,and to have the devellopers actually listening and doing their best to provide us the game we are hoping for.
    [snip]

I think we need to be thanksfull, and understanding. Zenimax can not do miracles. They can not satisfy everyone at once, nor to solve every problems at once. We, as customer, need to show respectful towards human beings that are doing their job the best they can, patient and constructive. There is others thread to give feedback than this one.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:06PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you frickin kidding me?! The console version get's integrated voice and a new UI?? We really have been beta testing this game for the console release. It's pretty obvious now why these patches and updates have been such crap, they are devoting their resources to the consoles. Can you please redo the PC UI from the ground up? It's terrible. Also some controller support would be really nice especially since it would be pretty easy to add the same XBox controller support to a PC.

Quoted for truth. Been begging for a real pc UI since mid last and and nothing. Console gets a brand new tailor made UI and voice the no problem? Silly to say the least. It's been gone over a million times, too . It doesn't matter how cool the game might be if the entire experience is compromised by a and obtuse horrendously uninformative UI like the game now has. Oh and still zero camera options for third person view. No zoom slider, height or horizontal camera alignment settings etc, despite being asked for long before the first person field of view option (a third person one was asked for too and of course completely ignored). I think it's blatantly obvious they are just after one and done console users and are so tunnel visioned in on "immersion" that the game is floundering because of that.

Another key example is pvp being largely ignored in favor of some pve content without even basic fixes for months and months before a tiny handful begun appearing like forward camp tweaks. The gear and progression systems in Cyrodiil became quickly outmoded in favor of raids. And now the big pvp update gets shoved a few more months back in favor of console UI work and beta testing the PVE justice system for consoles.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on December 6, 2014 5:42PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    The up and coming additions are cool no question about that. Generally, the game is coming along great. It's just the glaringly impactful issues really should be a focal point as well, PR aside.

It's not a matter of being spoiled. And Santa and Xmas has nothing to do with it nor does stabs at people never being happy. [snip] This is a product, and not a gift and it's perfectly reasonable to discuss it as such for what it is.

If you bought a bluray player for someone for Xmas and everything was awesome except it just stopped playing every 5 minutes - would you say something "negative" about it, perhaps want it repaired and working as it should? If not I'd love for you to be my customer.

I'm very tired of the general negativism that a great part of the active forum posters are spreading on the forum.
    I believe that ESO is a great game and that we are very lucky to have so much updates,and to have the devellopers actually listening and doing their best to provide us the game we are hoping for.
    [snip]

I think we need to be thanksfull, and understanding. Zenimax can not do miracles. They can not satisfy everyone at once, nor to solve every problems at once. We, as customer, need to show respectful towards human beings that are doing their job the best they can, patient and constructive. There is others thread to give feedback than this one.

[snip]

Maybe you just try to understand that people being pissed is completely valid. It may go against your peace, love and happiness attitude but it is valid.

See, its not just that PVP is bad right now but that its actually worse than a few months ago and people are leaving the game. This takes away support(money) for the game you and I enjoy playing.

Is PVP bad all the time? No. Am I ready to quit? No. But many have and this includes all of the friends I started playing this game with.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:08PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Maybe you just try to understand that people being pissed is completely valid. It may go against your peace, love and happiness attitude but it is valid.

See, its not just that PVP is bad right now but that its actually worse than a few months ago and people are leaving the game. This takes away support(money) for the game you and I enjoy playing.

Is PVP bad all the time? No. Am I ready to quit? No. But many have and this includes all of the friends I started playing this game with.

[snip]

This. I paid a lot of money for a product advertised and they stripped features out just before launch then neglected to fix the rest of the issues. I also volunteered hundreds upon hundreds of hours testing and writing feedback reports [snip] I have my subscription canned but it is still active a little while longer. ZOS is done getting payments from me though until they get their act together and comprehend more than 5 percent of the playerbase needs the game to work for them, but ,rather than catering to a tiny minority that even generally agrees fixes for mmo oriented players would be good for the game.

For now I bought Draenor a couple of days ago and it will be my first time actually even playing that game. Ashran sure won't be as expansive as Cyrodiil but the game has a lot more to it than it and doesn't make the most basic of tasks impossible or aggravating dye to lack of options or one of the worst user interfaces known to man (doesn't serve role players or mmo users well, period).

I've put in probably over $300 to this game. They aren't benevolent charity workers making a game for us all for free to and they are a for profit company we are paying to work, and they are failing to do so. [snip]

[edited for bashing & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:12PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you frickin kidding me?! The console version get's integrated voice and a new UI?? We really have been beta testing this game for the console release. It's pretty obvious now why these patches and updates have been such crap, they are devoting their resources to the consoles. Can you please redo the PC UI from the ground up? It's terrible. Also some controller support would be really nice especially since it would be pretty easy to add the same XBox controller support to a PC.

Quoted for truth. Been begging for a real pc UI since mid last and and nothing. Console gets a brand new tailor made UI and voice the no problem? Silly to say the least. It's been gone over a million times, too . It doesn't matter how cool the game might be if the entire experience is compromised by a and obtuse horrendously uninformative UI like the game now has. Oh and still zero camera options for third person view. No zoom slider, height or horizontal camera alignment settings etc, despite being asked for long before the first person field of view option (a third person one was asked for too and of course completely ignored). I think it's blatantly obvious they are just after one and done console users and are so tunnel visioned in on "immersion" that the game is floundering because of that.

Another key example is pvp being largely ignored in favor of some pve content without even basic fixes for months and months before a tiny handful begun appearing like forward camp tweaks. The gear and progression systems in Cyrodiil became quickly outmoded in favor of raids. And now the big pvp update gets shoved a few more months back in favor of console UI work and beta testing the PVE justice system for consoles.

Think a minute.... I agree voice chat for consoles is rubbing salt in the wound..but

Think of the server lag we have now.....and then add teamspeak going through the same servers.

Is it really a good idea to bring something like teamspeak in house for PCs ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    TimeLord75 wrote: »

No, you do not have to be a thief to be able to participate in Provisioning. Some containers where you get Provisioning items will be just as they are now when the Justice System is implemented. Some will require stealing to take out their contents. With the Provisioning improvements coming in Update 6, we actually expect Provisioning to become more streamlined and rewarding.

(Italic emphasis mine.)
    So actually, it DOES appear that you'll have to be a thief--at least a little--if you want to advance in Provisioning. Or is this some sort of marketing doublespeak that I'm just unfamiliar with?

Not necessarily.
    First off she said that some containers would require stealing to remove their "contents". She never actually said those containers would contain provisioning supplies.

Second, it could mean that the containers that require thievery are in addition to what is already available so we would be no worse off than we are now.

Third, with the provisioning revamp there could be new ways to attain provisioning supplies that doesn't require thievery. I would love to see bushes that contain berries and trees that bear fruit.

The only issue I would have with provisioning attained through thievery is if it were required to attain certain recipes or provisioning materials.

Edited by Nightreaver on December 6, 2014 9:54PM
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, to get this out of the way:
    Thaumic wrote: »
    Is there going to be a skill / skill line for pick-pocketing or will it be like stealth and lockpicking where thre isn't (but really, reeeeally should be)?

In the ESO Live show, for those that missed it, Theives will get their own skill line included with the Champion System.

Now on to the main topic:

Ok. so.. I am lame. I dont have an XBox NOR another type of console. However,,,, from what I read, XBOX supports the voice chat, not the game, right? So it is actually part of the buying the console, not the game? Which means ZoS just checked the box on their contract with XBox, "provide voice support".
    Edited by Darlgon on December 6, 2014 10:16PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimeLord75 wrote: »

No, you do not have to be a thief to be able to participate in Provisioning. Some containers where you get Provisioning items will be just as they are now when the Justice System is implemented. Some will require stealing to take out their contents. With the Provisioning improvements coming in Update 6, we actually expect Provisioning to become more streamlined and rewarding.

(Italic emphasis mine.)
    So actually, it DOES appear that you'll have to be a thief--at least a little--if you want to advance in Provisioning. Or is this some sort of marketing doublespeak that I'm just unfamiliar with?

Not necessarily.
    First off she said that some containers would require stealing to remove their "contents". She never actually said those containers would contain provisioning supplies.

Second, it could mean that the containers that require thievery are in addition to what is already available so we would be no worse off than we are now.

Third, with the provisioning revamp there could be new ways to attain provisioning supplies that doesn't require thievery. I would love to see bushes that contain berries and trees that bear fruit.

The only issue I would have with provisioning attained through thievery is if it were required to attain certain recipes or provisioning materials.

I think I can deal with having to steal recipes. Makes sense since some people consider them precious.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

I would not call it ignorance. More as someone trying to be positive but negative to people who are negative about the game. Nothing ignorant about it just a state of opinion.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:16PM
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

I would not call it ignorance. More as someone trying to be positive but negative to people who are negative about the game. Nothing ignorant about it just a state of opinion.

We may just see ignorance different and that's fine. When someone just can't understand why people are pissed, and they clearly have a valid reason for it, is what I would refer to as ignorance.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:17PM
  • SuddenVamp
    SuddenVamp
    Soul Shriven
    Bout' time! I've been hearing tons of crap for the Justice System and the Champion System. There are a couple things to me that I love and don't love though. First is the things I love..The whole new routine is going to change, for example how everyday you will just fight PvE non-stop to gain farther, now if you're bored or whatever you can go around stealing from people, fight some guard, KILL EVERYONE THAT GETS IN YOUR WAY!, maybe get items you need, farm, ect... Next is the Champion System, even I dont understand this whole system thing but I feel like Zenimax will know what they are doing (like always). But really we shouldn't need a new update anytime soon because there are still tons of glitches and bugs out there. What do we need a new update that will bring tons of more bugs or a new patch that fixes what is broke? Thats just me though. :#
    ALL HAIL THE ALDMERI DOMINION

Love- SuddenVamp
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To: The pissed off complainers.

If anyone really believes that [snip] and complaining constantly on these forums actually and truly results in a change, in and by itself alone... then I believe you need to think further.

Do you really believe that complaining is the best way to drive change with any company let alone ZOS?

Do you really believe that the foundational changes ZOS made to the game while building the champion system which does include revamping skills to drive power and crit from magicka and stamina consistently, in fact don't benefit PvP? Assuming they did them properly, the changes will help us create more viable and less cookie cutter builds for Cyrodiil.

Do you really believe that ZOS has not and will continue to not be dedicated to completing the console release? And that they would intentionally give the console a poor UI after the PC users gave feedback on it? And instead give PC users the good one first?

I show my frustration in posts, but try to communicate in a way that gives my requests the best chance of having ZOS take action on them.

After all, I am trying to change a company's direction via a forum post. I would think that a constructive post had the best chance to really get what I wanted.

I believe they've continued to put PvP on the back burner and this frustrates the heck out of me, but since I only have control over what I focus on, I choose to focus on the PvP aspects that are coming in 1.6 and they are significant in terms of class changes, we're getting a few new AvA skills, the PvE group (which is larger) gets more content which helps the game overall.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:26PM
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    It's very exciting to be returning to the game in time to see a lot of these new changes coming into play. I'm delighted to see a lot of the issues that were present at release are no longer a problem. I hope things keep developing and new content lines keep being added as time rolls on. Keep it up @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • SuddenVamp
    SuddenVamp
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously guys, we all have OUR opinions but going back and forth at this is useless. We should realize that this is a VERY HARD game to make. Like I do, we should just be happy with what we got so far and deal with the less important bugs while Zenimax is trying their hardest to fix the more game breaking bugs and glitches. Can we please all agree at this? :)
    ALL HAIL THE ALDMERI DOMINION

Love- SuddenVamp
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    It's a massive disappointment that college students won't have update 6 over winter break.

College students study at "Winter Break" it's more like "*** exams on the way" you don't study, right? :P
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why u al now red? is this competition for red? i'll red u out!?

Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Ghenra wrote: »
    I'm still amazed and impressed by the number of negative comments?
    [snip]

We are having such an amazing Update. 2 of the most expected improvement at once! Justice System and CHampion system! OMG! I'm soo thrilled by this!
    I was waiting for the moment I could bring back my boyfriend to the game and tell him: look, this game has really improved, enjoy it now! And I was not expecting this moment to arrive so soon!

This is really a GREAT news!

[snip]

No sorry, in this update we're having a poor update: third phase of champion system (maybe not the last) and the first phase of justice system without PvP and nothing about the Imperial City, this is another "nothing of nothing" patch.

GG Zeni, but I don't renew the subs until an interesting PvP patch, cya.
    Are you serious? This is arguably the most game-changing patch we've got so far. It brings the most visible part of the Champion system - the constellations - all that's left is phasing out veteran ranks. This alone is huge, even without the wonderfully increased interactivity with the world and a revamp of one of professions.

If you're a PvPer, you may be angry for not getting any updates and it's completely understandable, but saying this patch brings nothing is just plain false.

Nothing for me and all the PvP players, then I don't renew until a real PvP patch with justice system PvP, Imperial City, Arenas and more.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:09PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I'm still amazed and impressed by the number of negative comments?
    [snip]

We are having such an amazing Update. 2 of the most expected improvement at once! Justice System and CHampion system! OMG! I'm soo thrilled by this!
    I was waiting for the moment I could bring back my boyfriend to the game and tell him: look, this game has really improved, enjoy it now! And I was not expecting this moment to arrive so soon!

This is really a GREAT news!

[snip]

No sorry, in this update we're having a poor update: third phase of champion system (maybe not the last) and the first phase of justice system without PvP and nothing about the Imperial City, this is another "nothing of nothing" patch.

GG Zeni, but I don't renew the subs until an interesting PvP patch, cya.
    Are you serious? This is arguably the most game-changing patch we've got so far. It brings the most visible part of the Champion system - the constellations - all that's left is phasing out veteran ranks. This alone is huge, even without the wonderfully increased interactivity with the world and a revamp of one of professions.

If you're a PvPer, you may be angry for not getting any updates and it's completely understandable, but saying this patch brings nothing is just plain false.

Nothing for me and all the PvP players, then I don't renew until a real PvP patch with justice system PvP, Imperial City, Arenas and more.
    No new PvP content, sure, but all the skill changes (including to the Alliance War skills, I think) will still greatly affect gameplay in PvP.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:28PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get back on topic now? Please?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a big difference between whining and constructive-criticism.

The problem is ZOS doesn't always do a good job of distinguishing between the two.

It shouldn't just be will of the majority (and the "majority" on forums is usually just a vocal minority that doesn't represent the rest of the players anyway).

Most players don't really know what it takes to make a good game and aren't good at critically thinking about what improves even their own enjoyment (much less everyone else's.)

ZOS needs to do more evaluation of posts for sound-logic and well-reasoned arguments and less caving to the loudest complainers.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • evisneffo
    evisneffo
    ✭✭
    Came back to the game after a break and wasn't expecting anything like this for updates! It will be interesting to see how something as big as this plays out. I've missed ESO. [snip]

Perhaps my biggest issue with the game has always been phasing and its group-unfriendly nature. I hope that with all these updates there are still plans in future to help with that.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:30PM
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps my biggest issue with the game has always been phasing and its group-unfriendly nature. I hope that with all these updates there are still plans in future to help with that.

They are constantly working on that one, and each Updates come up with a new serie of quest that had been reworked to allow better phasing and grouping.
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    It's a massive disappointment that college students won't have update 6 over winter break.

College students study at "Winter Break" it's more like "*** exams on the way" you don't study, right? :P
    I study, no eso for me :(
  • Skarsz
    Skarsz
    Soul Shriven
    When will the vast difference in dps from magicka based dps to melee dps get fixed? It is an issue of great concern. The diversity in the game is based one people using different classes and weapon skills, not just: Templar for healing, DK for tanking/dps and NB & Sorcerer for dps. It has to be dynamic. If you want to wear your finest dress and staff and just run around spamming AOE spells fine, but that does not give the depth to the game which this game truly deserves. For the rest of us, who wants boss fights were you must have melee dps, feels frozen out of the fun. As for now, I feel no urge to play because of thisand I think these thought has occured to more players than just me. This is an issue I absolutely thinks ZOS is most capable to fix, my only concern if it is going to be fixed too late. On the other hand I'm really looking forward to the justice system, champion system anId further into the future spellcrafting and the Imperial city! :smiley:
  • AlexSage
    AlexSage
    Soul Shriven
    My biggest question is will a proper LFG ever be implemented?
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ESO PLAYERS STATS

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr = 80 %

Yeahhhhhhhhh = 20 %

Next stats in 3 months
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • erigru95b16_ESO
    erigru95b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to see a guar mount :smiley: