Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 20, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Road Ahead - December 4

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    Ghenra wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Ghenra wrote: »
    Elloa wrote: »
    I'm still amazed and impressed by the number of negative comments?
    SPOILED KIDS, seriously! Hope SantaClaus will only give coal this year.

We are having such an amazing Update. 2 of the most expected improvement at once! Justice System and CHampion system! OMG! I'm soo thrilled by this!
    I was waiting for the moment I could bring back my boyfriend to the game and tell him: look, this game has really improved, enjoy it now! And I was not expecting this moment to arrive so soon!

This is really a GREAT news!

/shoo the bad comments. Go hide! seriously, you will never be happy! :P

No sorry, in this update we're having a poor update: third phase of champion system (maybe not the last) and the first phase of justice system without PvP and nothing about the Imperial City, this is another "nothing of nothing" patch.

GG Zeni, but I don't renew the subs until an interesting PvP patch, cya.
    Are you serious? This is arguably the most game-changing patch we've got so far. It brings the most visible part of the Champion system - the constellations - all that's left is phasing out veteran ranks. This alone is huge, even without the wonderfully increased interactivity with the world and a revamp of one of professions.

If you're a PvPer, you may be angry for not getting any updates and it's completely understandable, but saying this patch brings nothing is just plain false.

Nothing for me and all the PvP players, then I don't renew until a real PvP patch with justice system PvP, Imperial City, Arenas and more.
    No new PvP content, sure, but all the skill changes (including to the Alliance War skills, I think) will still greatly affect gameplay in PvP.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »
    The up and coming additions are cool no question about that. Generally, the game is coming along great. It's just the glaringly impactful issues really should be a focal point as well, PR aside.

It's not a matter of being spoiled. And Santa and Xmas has nothing to do with it nor does stabs at people never being happy. That's just trolling. This is a product, and not a gift and it's perfectly reasonable to discuss it as such for what it is.

If you bought a bluray player for someone for Xmas and everything was awesome except it just stopped playing every 5 minutes - would you say something "negative" about it, perhaps want it repaired and working as it should? If not I'd love for you to be my customer.

The Christmas reference was just a point of humour (maybe not the best one).

I'm very tired of the general negativism that a great part of the active forum posters are spreading on the forum.
    I believe that ESO is a great game and that we are very lucky to have so much updates,and to have the devellopers actually listening and doing their best to provide us the game we are hoping for.
    I believe than giving contructive criticism in separated threads is legitim and usefull, but constantly whinning, being angry and spreading bad mood serve no purpose other than being extremly irritating.

I accuse the whinners of behaving like spoiled kids, because seriously, for the sub we paid, we could have a far worst service than the one we get.

I think we need to be thanksfull, and understanding. Zenimax can not do miracles. They can not satisfy everyone at once, nor to solve every problems at once. We, as customer, need to show respectful towards human beings that are doing their job the best they can, patient and constructive. There is others thread to give feedback than this one.

And for those constantly unhappy...what if instead of whinning, you were moving on and go find a game that suit your needs better?

Maybe you just try to understand that people being pissed is completely valid. It may go against your peace, love and happiness attitude but it is valid.

See, its not just that PVP is bad right now but that its actually worse than a few months ago and people are leaving the game. This takes away support(money) for the game you and I enjoy playing.

Is PVP bad all the time? No. Am I ready to quit? No. But many have and this includes all of the friends I started playing this game with.

You ask people to move on if they are unhappy. How about you stay of the forums and go continue to enjoy the game. This is where people come to complain cause the merchants in the game don't listen.

I get that you are loving the game but don't spread ignorance because you can't understand why others are upset. To complain/whine about others complaining/whining is contradictory. You are tired of complaints about the game and are posting it on the forums. Others are tired of the state of the game and are posting it in the forums. See my point?
    The forums are the only "forum" we have to voice our complaints and concerns. Sure there are many things I love about this game but it doesn't solve the problems I encounter to never mention the things that need improvement. I hope they see the areas that are important to us and improve upon them. Constructive criticism isn't a bad thing.

And no we are not "spoiled", "entitled, or "whining" because we want a product we are paying for to be better quality and function properly.
    :trollin:
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get back on topic now? Please?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a big difference between whining and constructive-criticism.

The problem is ZOS doesn't always do a good job of distinguishing between the two.

It shouldn't just be will of the majority (and the "majority" on forums is usually just a vocal minority that doesn't represent the rest of the players anyway).

Most players don't really know what it takes to make a good game and aren't good at critically thinking about what improves even their own enjoyment (much less everyone else's.)

ZOS needs to do more evaluation of posts for sound-logic and well-reasoned arguments and less caving to the loudest complainers.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • evisneffo
    evisneffo
    Soul Shriven
    Came back to the game after a break and wasn't expecting anything like this for updates! It will be interesting to see how something as big as this plays out. I've missed ESO. Haven't missed the whining on the forums.

Perhaps my biggest issue with the game has always been phasing and its group-unfriendly nature. I hope that with all these updates there are still plans in future to help with that.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps my biggest issue with the game has always been phasing and its group-unfriendly nature. I hope that with all these updates there are still plans in future to help with that.

They are constantly working on that one, and each Updates come up with a new serie of quest that had been reworked to allow better phasing and grouping.
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    It's a massive disappointment that college students won't have update 6 over winter break.

College students study at "Winter Break" it's more like "*** exams on the way" you don't study, right? :P
    I study, no eso for me :(
  • Skarsz
    Skarsz
    Soul Shriven
    When will the vast difference in dps from magicka based dps to melee dps get fixed? It is an issue of great concern. The diversity in the game is based one people using different classes and weapon skills, not just: Templar for healing, DK for tanking/dps and NB & Sorcerer for dps. It has to be dynamic. If you want to wear your finest dress and staff and just run around spamming AOE spells fine, but that does not give the depth to the game which this game truly deserves. For the rest of us, who wants boss fights were you must have melee dps, feels frozen out of the fun. As for now, I feel no urge to play because of thisand I think these thought has occured to more players than just me. This is an issue I absolutely thinks ZOS is most capable to fix, my only concern if it is going to be fixed too late. On the other hand I'm really looking forward to the justice system, champion system anId further into the future spellcrafting and the Imperial city! :smiley:
  • AlexSage
    AlexSage
    Soul Shriven
    My biggest question is will a proper LFG ever be implemented?
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ESO PLAYERS STATS

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr = 80 %

Yeahhhhhhhhh = 20 %

Next stats in 3 months
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • erigru95b16_ESO
    erigru95b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to see a guar mount :smiley:
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    SuddenVamp wrote: »
    Sylvyr wrote: »
    The up and coming additions are cool no question about that. Generally, the game is coming along great. It's just the glaringly impactful issues really should be a focal point as well, PR aside.

It's not a matter of being spoiled. And Santa and Xmas has nothing to do with it nor does stabs at people never being happy. That's just trolling. This is a product, and not a gift and it's perfectly reasonable to discuss it as such for what it is.

If you bought a bluray player for someone for Xmas and everything was awesome except it just stopped playing every 5 minutes - would you say something "negative" about it, perhaps want it repaired and working as it should? If not I'd love for you to be my customer.

The Christmas reference was just a point of humour (maybe not the best one).

I'm very tired of the general negativism that a great part of the active forum posters are spreading on the forum.
    I believe that ESO is a great game and that we are very lucky to have so much updates,and to have the devellopers actually listening and doing their best to provide us the game we are hoping for.
    I believe than giving contructive criticism in separated threads is legitim and usefull, but constantly whinning, being angry and spreading bad mood serve no purpose other than being extremly irritating.

I accuse the whinners of behaving like spoiled kids, because seriously, for the sub we paid, we could have a far worst service than the one we get.

I think we need to be thanksfull, and understanding. Zenimax can not do miracles. They can not satisfy everyone at once, nor to solve every problems at once. We, as customer, need to show respectful towards human beings that are doing their job the best they can, patient and constructive. There is others thread to give feedback than this one.

And for those constantly unhappy...what if instead of whinning, you were moving on and go find a game that suit your needs better?

Maybe you just try to understand that people being pissed is completely valid. It may go against your peace, love and happiness attitude but it is valid.

See, its not just that PVP is bad right now but that its actually worse than a few months ago and people are leaving the game. This takes away support(money) for the game you and I enjoy playing.

Is PVP bad all the time? No. Am I ready to quit? No. But many have and this includes all of the friends I started playing this game with.

You ask people to move on if they are unhappy. How about you stay of the forums and go continue to enjoy the game. This is where people come to complain cause the merchants in the game don't listen.

I get that you are loving the game but don't spread ignorance because you can't understand why others are upset. To complain/whine about others complaining/whining is contradictory. You are tired of complaints about the game and are posting it on the forums. Others are tired of the state of the game and are posting it in the forums. See my point?

I would not call it ignorance. More as someone trying to be positive but negative to people who are negative about the game. Nothing ignorant about it just a state of opinion.

We may just see ignorance different and that's fine. When someone just can't understand why people are pissed, and they clearly have a valid reason for it, is what I would refer to as ignorance.

This person did not say they cannot understand. All they said was quit complaining and move on because your constant whining is annoying and not helping anybody because it not constructive and it is annoying. This person is obvious talking about people who state negative stuff not people who is giving actually give polite criticism but impolite criticisms. They also stated people who are constantly unhappy move on. There is not one thing in their post that state they know nothing about anything. They understand why people are mad but consider it annoying that people state negative stuff over and over again. Your definition and reply shows your ignorance of the post and and the word ignorance.

I feel that telling someone else what they should appreciate and to move on to other games and blah blah blah is ignorant to the fact that it is someone's opinion about the state of the game and it is valid. She didn't need to say she doesn't understand, it says it all through her post. No one is making this stuff up and they pay just as much as she does.

The forums in every game are always full of negative posts because this is where people come to post. If I go to a baseball game and get pissed cause I am tired of seeing baseball...

So, agree to disagree and have a great day!

Still you do not understand what the person is saying. They are not saying move on because your complaining about stuff in the game. They are saying move on if your always unhappy with the game. Why stay if you going to be unsatisfied a lot.

I understand that she is telling people they should move on if they are unhappy; however, she is failing to realize that people still like the game and want it to get better. Passion is shown in different ways and that needs to be understood otherwise ignorance will be displayed.

Many people, and this includes myself, are not going to take the stance of "Oh I think you have done a great job so far and I know it will all be okay". There is a lot of *** in this game that needs to be fixed and their approach so far has been sub par at best. This is a service that is being paid for and people have the right to complain. Additionally, anyone who hopes this game succeeds better hope the people that are pissed off don't leave the game. Happy or mad, its a paid subscription and the game is being supported.

So, lets not sit here and argue over opinions cause we are both entitled to our own. Have a great day!

Well there is difference between passion and criticism. Things are going get done regardless if we agree to it or not. ZOS like to do things slow so they do not mess up the game more than they already do. They are trying to put new things in game but new things mess up old things. This is proven fact since a new update always produce more problems. They are going fix things in the future which they have fixed things since launch. It very hard to fix things that a lot of fans want but continue to break because they are not satisfy with what they have. The more you want in the game and more you want fixed in game will always cause more problems. Beating a dead horse with common stuff that need fix is repetitive and puts down minor concerns that need to be fix as well.

ZOS like to put everything into cycles if your problem is not on their to fix cycle than you have to wait. They clearly heard and stated that they are trying to fix cyrodil lag and when they push back imperial city back later in the cycle, people became outrage. Why? I am like do you want to play new content on a bugging server. No Not really but people are going to complain anyway. You keep stated that ignorance is going to be displayed. Of course is going to be displayed because not you, not me, not most of the fans of this game know the inner workings of how this game is made. Thus we are all displaying ignorance when we state negative comments about stuff we know nothing about.

Holy cow did anyone else notice the HORRIBLE grammar here?!

I hope you know that grammar is not perfect and can never be perfect because communication does not always involve perfect grammar. All I did was type a message in a hurry with out proofreading because what is the point if the medium that I was using does not use proper grammar. As long as you get the gist of what I am saying there is know need to point out what is obvious. So here is a medal for being obvious. :S
    Wow... pyramid fun right there :blush:
    When a patch breaks my fun, one of my alts will be able to go on that rampage I always wanted to do :wink:
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ hey i just wondred if it will be voice chat for pc? like maby only for groups or something, so we dont need to stop and write to give comands or ask for suport. i know we can use teamspeak or other software but having in game voice chat would be nice.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    It would be good to know whether "We’ve also added voice chat" means that ZOS have implemented their own voice chat into the game, or if they have added integration for XBL and PSN's built-in system voice chat software. If the former, then chat for PC as well is more likely; if the latter, then it is less likely.
    Edited by Enodoc on December 11, 2014 11:21AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Argantis_Dragonheart
    I wonder if they have implemented an oops button for the justice system, if say a player accidentally attacks an NPC in town. A way to auto yield and stop combat as an "oops".
    Edited by Argantis_Dragonheart on December 11, 2014 3:13PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they have implemented an oops button for the justice system, if say a player accidentally attacks an NPC in town. A way to auto yield and stop combat as an "oops".

Guard says: "Pay for your fine or do the Time."

In single player TES, games if one does not have the coin to pay the fine for a crime, one can go to jail and sleep it off or try to escape. Not sure how that will work in a MMO game, since our char can not "sleep" in real time.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    k9mouse wrote: »

In single player TES, games if one does not have the coin to pay the fine for a crime, one can go to jail and sleep it off or try to escape. Not sure how that will work in a MMO game, since our char can not "sleep" in real time.
    There's no jails coming with the Justice System straight away, but I think they said they may look into it for the future.

In Oblivion, you could yield by holding block and activating the character; in Skyrim, sheathing your weapon was considered a yield. They may implement something similar here. You may still be fined for assault even if the yield is accepted though.
    Edited by Enodoc on December 11, 2014 3:37PM
  • jalecosplinub17_ESO
    jalecosplinub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just wanna post my disappointment on Bethesda and the entire Elder Scrolls Team.
    How could you do this to PS4 and Xbox players?
    We are waiting over a year for this game.
    There are no excuses for this delay. The pc version is up and going, new updates every time.
    Just say you wont deliver the console version and end this joke.
    I was crazy to buy this game. But I will not buy anymore.
    If you have to wait more the 1 year to play a game that is ready, what kind of service do you expect to receive? I expect nothing more from you.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it will be pretty awesome. Any chance we might get the ability to keep our character centered on the screen regardless of zoom state? I am longing to lose the shoulder cam.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »

We could choose to spend 5 minutes in jail and have all of our confiscated goods stolen and an option to attempt to break out of jail, sneak to our goods and leave. That would be cool.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on December 11, 2014 7:04PM
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭
    It is great news to get extra content for ESO again and it is these changes that provide extra fun and excitement in game.

The justice system will probably mean that a lot more characters will be creeping around (like I have to in Craglorn at the moment to avoid the VR11 monsters).

Having to support game consoles is also going to put more strain on the team at ZeniMax and every release from now on will have to take account of how the console UI will be affected.

We do need more players but consoles will have an advantage especially in PVP (which I have avoided so far) as game controllers are made for the purpose. It was mentioned earlier that it would be good to able to use game controllers on the PC version and that would be a positive step.

Can't wait to try it. I hope the download doesn't take all day for me like the last major release did!
  • DaDeo
    DaDeo
    Soul Shriven
    I see xbox and ps4 get voice chat in their eso rewlease. Where in voice chat for PC players in eso?
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! B)

Love it all! Even though I would reaalllllyy like the Imperial city right now!

It makes perfect sense however, to phase in the justice system first, since we get so many changes to all kinds of combat. Slow balance and "tweaking" really works well.

"All Hail heavy armor, Stamina, Werewolves and Bow!"

I am not to happy about being able to use Champion points on level 1-49 chars.
    Why is this needed? Takes what...1 week to 50? (Please reply if you got a hunch)

Oh, please don't bring back Forward camps. People learned to res!
    I wonder if the side effect of no forward camps in Cyro to make people res, is similar to the side effects of players being able to form dungeon groups without a tool? B)
    Edited by Cogo on December 12, 2014 10:01AM
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    brimits wrote: »
    It is great news to get extra content for ESO again and it is these changes that provide extra fun and excitement in game.

The justice system will probably mean that a lot more characters will be creeping around (like I have to in Craglorn at the moment to avoid the VR11 monsters).

Having to support game consoles is also going to put more strain on the team at ZeniMax and every release from now on will have to take account of how the console UI will be affected.

We do need more players but consoles will have an advantage especially in PVP (which I have avoided so far) as game controllers are made for the purpose. It was mentioned earlier that it would be good to able to use game controllers on the PC version and that would be a positive step.

Can't wait to try it. I hope the download doesn't take all day for me like the last major release did!
    Consoles will be on separate servers, also separate from each other.
    Multiple reasons for this: most obvious is that pc has mouse, keyboard and mods, all have keyboard for chat, most guilds use teamspeak.

Not so obvious but more important, integration with xbox and playstation networks makes it hard to have on both on one server as they don't like each other. You can have pc and xbox or PS3/4 players playing together but not xbox against PS3/4.

You can put out patches then ready on one platform is another benefit.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Awesome! B)

snip

Why is this needed? Takes what...1 week to 50? (Please reply if you got a hunch)

snip

The only people I know who did the content from level 1 to 49 in one week were those who could afford to play 24/7 while wearing diapers. Everyone else takes longer than that.

I suspect that the easiest way to share those points is by sharing among all characters. I have no idea how this will affect game play and am really looking forward to trying it when it comes to the PTS in January. (I hope earlier).
    Edited by Ysne58 on December 12, 2014 3:02PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Cogo wrote: »
    Awesome! B)

snip

snip

The only people I know who did the content from level 1 to 49 in one week were those who could afford to play 24/7 while wearing diapers. Everyone else takes longer than that.

I suspect that the easiest way to share those points is by sharing among all characters. I have no idea how this will affect game play and am really looking forward to trying it when it comes to the PTS in January. (I hope earlier).
    Maybe not one week, but certainly within 3-4 weeks of playing, even casually. I have gotten 3 characters to the vet ranks and getting to 50 is so much faster than getting to v14.
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    amazing, now you just have to fix all the old bugs + the bugs you have introduced in each patch, get the launcher to stop false patching and lower the monthly fee a bit and you will be doing great things....or at least reasonable things.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you missed it in the other place where I posted it, here is my video concerning the Road Ahead Dec 2014
    uuEoJTi.jpg

Heya everyone,
    For those that missed most show and podcast speaking about The Road Ahead december 2014, revealing the UPDATE6, please enjoy this short Summary.
    Also sharing others news concerning The Elder Scrolls Online, and featuring some deserving community members at the end of the show!
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting update

Good to see the console is still being worked on...can't wait to switch my PC account to console.

Looks like PvP is still suffering with no end in sight. Interesting. I hope it's been worth the pain to see a seamless console launch.

I like the news mentioning the Imperial City delay. Better to get it right than ruin another portion of PvP (it's bad enough).

At the current rate my bet is the Imperial City, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will hit sometime mid summer. I hope to jump on here and hear things are going well.

It would be nice to see the guilds come back to the game. I'd love to reform the League of Shadows and jump back into ESO and PvP....

We'll see.

PS I used an X-Box controller for the PC version. Played awesome.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu