Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Road Ahead - December 4

• sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    All good and well...but what content are we getting now for December? Nada?
  • Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
    Are you frickin kidding me?! The console version get's integrated voice and a new UI?? We really have been beta testing this game for the console release. It's pretty obvious now why these patches and updates have been such crap, they are devoting their resources to the consoles. Can you please redo the PC UI from the ground up? It's terrible. Also some controller support would be really nice especially since it would be pretty easy to add the same XBox controller support to a PC.

This 100000 times. Please redo the PC UI, Pretty pretty plz
  • teh_ninjaneer
    teh_ninjaneer
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is great, but 8 months of the samething has run it's course.

I wish I had been subbed the whole 8 months so I could adequately gauge your concerns.

However, years of the same thing was quite fun back in Dark Age of Camelot. Guess that shows how the players are changing.
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to play Update 6 throughout the Holiday...oh well, at least they'll fix more issues this time.
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you frickin kidding me?! The console version get's integrated voice and a new UI?? We really have been beta testing this game for the console release. It's pretty obvious now why these patches and updates have been such crap, they are devoting their resources to the consoles. Can you please redo the PC UI from the ground up? It's terrible. Also some controller support would be really nice especially since it would be pretty easy to add the same XBox controller support to a PC.

I love the default min UI that is made for KB&M. I can not use voice chat, thus I do not want in the game and try to be forced to use it and be deny content. So I do not want VC in ESO as the default.

I am very happy that the console are getting their own UI and their UI does not mess up the PC version.

I am also happy that ZOS is taking their time in building systems like CS and JS ones. It is far better and easy to tweak and troubleshoot if one build them in phrases like ZOS is doing. I am very happy and like what I see in this Road Head from Matt.
    Edited by k9mouse on December 4, 2014 6:54PM
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom With the Justice system will the PVE side of Enforcers be included or not at all?

Neither the Enforcers or Outlaws will be in the first phase of the Justice System. They will both be coming in the next phase.
    Additionally nothing for PVP is mentioned? I thought there were some new alliance war abilities were being added in 6? Is there anything more for PVP too because we have been starved for a while :P?

Yes, there are a few new PVP abilities coming in Update 6 as part of the Champion System!

Great 8 months and PvP players will get only few new skills!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Will veteranranks be completely gone after this update?

@Woeler
    No, that comes in phrase 4 of the CS system. This update is on phrase 3.
    Edited by k9mouse on December 4, 2014 6:53PM
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Bad time to pat yourselves on the back about what you've done so far. I hope the new skills for PVP will include a reduction to lag with the ability to morph it to affect friendly targets
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvpers = second class citizens
    Not one content update for us, we pay too. I believed you guys could get this down. It's simple pve update, fluff, pvp update, fluff etc. 7 months now and nothing, let's see 15 X 7 = 105 of lag, instability and most importantly no new content. That's a 1 and a half of a new game, yet nothing for what was marketed as a big part of this game.

There is only one reason why pvpers are dropping out of this game, its the total neglect that we even exist. How hard is it to set up meaningful progression in pvp, my God.

Now the news is that we as pvpers has to wait til after January for ***, plus no new update within 2 months which breaks your goal for producing new updates, if it's because of holidays people will understand, but atleast tell us. This is disheartening news for me and all other pvpers and I'm afraid there will not be many of us left after the holidays for Cyrodiil to even work in a population balanced manner. Aka you guys have pretty much just killed your pvp base. Though from the looks of it, that seems to be your intention.

-Leper
    Ps talking with devs means nothing on the pvp side, rant done.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Grayaxeb14_ESO
    Looks like stats will be changing with update 6. Was really hoping there was going to be another way, other than stats being multiplied... I know it doesn't change anything really just found stats that cap at 5,000 or less to be more aesthetically pleasing. Compared to one's that go past the 10,000 mark.

True I'm just taking this from a small screenshot, if you look at the rawhide gloves their level one with thirty-four armor and twenty-eight magicka.

Still excited for this update though, and can't wait to read the patch notes when it goes to pts.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvpers = second class citizens
    Not one content update for us, we pay too. I believed you guys could get this down. It's simple pve update, fluff, pvp update, fluff etc. 7 months now and nothing, let's see 15 X 7 = 105 of lag, instability and most importantly no new content. That's a 1 and a half of a new game, yet nothing for what was marketed as a big part of this game.

Gotta agree here. Only thing I can hope is...there will be lots of opportunities to change your class and how you PvP by the new perks being added as part of the champion system.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    No Imperial City no party, sorry.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    very exciting! and a fantastic update coming soon. Cant wait.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat concerned there is no mention to new playable content in this post. The champion and justice systems are great will be fun to play with, but if new content is not released with it, PvE will slow to a crawl in ESO.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »

I love the default min UI that is made for KB&M. I can not use voice chat, thus I do not want in the game and try to be forced to use it and be deny content. So I do not want VC in ESO as the default.

I am very happy that the console are getting their own UI and their UI does not mess up the PC version.

I am also happy that ZOS is taking their time in building systems like CS and JS ones. It is far better and easy to tweak and troubleshoot if one build them in phrases like ZOS is doing. I am very happy and like what I see in this Road Head from Matt.
    I don't care that you're happy. I mean good for you, but many of us feel like the UI (mainly the menu portion) is severely lacking. Please remember when I say UI I don't just mean the HUD when you are adventuring. Many people who praise the minimalist UI forget that the UI also includes the inventory, skills, guilds, etc. And that aspect of it terrible. So before you respond or criticize please consider the following:
    1. We need more information in our character sheet. Why do we have things that include resistance to specific elements if we can't see the breakdown? This is a perfectly reasonable request.
    2. Our mail system needs improvement. No reply option? No way to save mail? No way to filter read/unread/attachments? These are basic options.
    3. The store.Why on Tamriel do I need to scroll through things that are BOUND to me?? Why? I can't sell that stuff so why is it even in my sell list? Why are there no filters?
    4. The campaigns. Why can't we see the entire list at once? There are less than 10 servers and we can only see 2 at a time? LMFAO. Who came up with this menu system??

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ seriously, please overhaul this piece of junk. It really feels like it's only partially complete. I don't give a rats tail about the HUD I use addons to fill in what features you decided to leave out, but the menu is really something your devs need to overhaul.
    :trollin:
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The champion system effects everything, pvp included - it's a character update, not a pve update.

The justice system lays first phase lays the groundwork for the pvp portion of it to follow in the next update after by my guess.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a great announcement. Absolutely fantastic. There's a lot changing and being added in and that is hugely positive.

There is a but though.

I love this game. I truly do. It's also the only game I play as I have so little time for games at the moment. I am V10 and just finishing the second to last area of the gold.

Then I'll try Craglorn and then . . .

I guess what I am saying is I would love more stories. More quests. More continuation. More areas.

Add Winterhold - think of the quests you could have with the college. Add Solstheim. Vvardenfell. Sunmerset. Elsewyr. I know these things take a long time to programme and design and code etcetera but . . . More areas. More dungeons. More of Tamriel please. These new systems are brilliant but don't add huge playability.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a welcome update.
    People dont seem to realise all the calculations or core systems are being completely overhauled from the ground up.
    This isnt a bang one out in 5 minute jobby.
    Looking forward to seeing the updates in the flesh.
    NOTHING will have such a massive impact as this update (both PVP and PVE).

Please though....no more game breaking bugs at the same time.
    I seriously cant go through that crap again.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on December 4, 2014 7:42PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are a few new PVP abilities coming in Update 6 as part of the Champion System!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Could you provide some more details on what's coming for PvP? Between the slow response to fixing (or even communicating about fixing) the lag issues, to the lethal arrow bug remaining unpatched, there's a huge crisis in morale among PvP players right now. We desperately need some more positive communication from Zenimax right now if Cyrodiil PvP is going to survive.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just resubbed yesterday to check out all these neat new things.

Reading this info about Justice System implementation, it sounds like the first stage is all about getting players established as rogues and thieves. There's really not anything there for someone that wants to be on the side of the law. Those players have nothing to do until the PvP stage is introduced.

Am I missing something?

Also, is there any benefit to being a good guy? Other than being able to walk freely around town I guess.

Does Tamriel have a Goody Two-Shoes Guild?

Everybody must first be evil and corrupt, so one man can stand and be the hero Tamriel deserves.....
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some containers where you get Provisioning items will be just as they are now when the Justice System is implemented. Some will require stealing to take out their contents. With the Provisioning improvements coming in Update 6, we actually expect Provisioning to become more streamlined and rewarding.
    There's a lot of wild groves and abandoned farms across the world and in Cyrodiil. Will we be able to pick vegetables/fruit from said places?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. And omg, finally some information about console versions. I have one problem with this: if consoles are getting interface designed specifically for them, then what the hell did PC get? Because it sure isn't a well-designed PC UI. So I vote for interface overhaul too!

But then again, how often do you see developers making platform-specific UIs? I'm glad you aren't taking the easy route with it. :)
    Edited by Rosveen on December 4, 2014 7:57PM
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ with the addition of the cgampion system will the NPCs finally get more realistic behaviors and go yo sleep at night or will that come in later?
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so this also confirms that no work appears to be really be happening during the holidays....

can we at least get some returned stability to the game on the live version before everyone at ZOS decides to take 3 weeks off?
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, no new playable content except champ points clicking and tomato stealing, and Imperil only +- 3 month away from now, bad... Will be better if they move tomato stealing on sometime later but gives us new playable content(Imperial or...), with it champ system will be much more interesting, than boring grind of existed content for 10th time again.
    Edited by Rydik on December 4, 2014 8:19PM
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really like this road ahead and the fact that these features will introduce more sandbox elements to the game.

Things that I think ZOS should keep in mind for players going forward with this new system:
    -Continue to improve some elements of the UI to encourage players to communicate with each other
    -Make sure group mechanics are addressed properly . . . I mean if people want to steal stuff in a group, how will this work?

Another thing that has been mentioned is this thread is the attention that Cyrodil needs right now. If one of the moderators could tell us, what is being done to stabilize the current Cyrodil environment and to improve it? Is there any new information from Brian Wheeler about the direction that PvP is taking? I think that some aspects of PvP need to be changed and I don't mind if changes occur as to how keeps are assaulted and taken as long as it is more fun and makes things more strategic and less Zerg like.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STOP IGNORING PvP!!!
    angry-mob.jpg
    WE AREN'T SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!!!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    im disappointed that we wont be getting the PvP elements to the justice system with its release, but i understand why that part of it has been withheld, and am willing to wait for its release a bit longer if it means it wont be a copy of Cyrodill PvP, whch is so full of lag and bugs that it drives me crazy just thinking about it.
    Edited by Cody on December 4, 2014 8:39PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Another thing that has been mentioned is this thread is the attention that Cyrodil needs right now. If one of the moderators could tell us, what is being done to stabilize the current Cyrodil environment and to improve it? Is there any new information from Brian Wheeler about the direction that PvP is taking? I think that some aspects of PvP need to be changed and I don't mind if changes occur as to how keeps are assaulted and taken as long as it is more fun and makes things more strategic and less Zerg like.

I think that a Firor-level statement about lag and stability in Cyrodiil is long over due, even if they have no clue what is wrong and how to fix it.
    • Worked to increase our overall transparency and communication with you, our community, which is also a continuing effort

A statement on Cyrodiil lag sometime in the next 24 hours would be an excellent "continuing effort" to increase overall transparency and communication, I think.

I am not an ESO PvP player and, as a dedicated lone-wolf PvE player, I think that of all of the items that they need to discuss, Cyrodiil lag is the #1 issue. There should have been an entire section in The Road Ahead to address this one single issue.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem like PVP is being ignored, but with the implementation of the Champion System, player builds are going to change, which, I'm hopeful, will mean a different kind of PVP combat and new tactics, and make battling is Cy fresh and fun again. Now as long as they fix the lag issues, hopefully we'll spend several months trying to figure what the best build for each class is, if there is going to be any at all.

Hopefully...