Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Current XP gains and Leveling in 1.5.5

• jzak374ub17_ESO
    freespirit wrote: »
    I posted earlier in this thread that I gained a whole level in VR5 Reapers March since 1.5......

What I actually said was that I entered the area at VR5, had to wait for 'Grim Situation' to be fixed, after it was I quickly leveled to VR6 and about 20 mins after entering VR6 Stonefalls I leveled to VR7.

To do this(the leveling to VR7 bit) I completed one World Boss, Strifeswarm Kwama Mine and discovered three Wayshrines, killing mobs on the way.

Today I have completed Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen, I currently have 292,267/1,000,000xp. I have not done a single quest in Stonefalls, 59 of which are needed for the achievement, so I truly do not think that I will enter the next area without being well into VR8.

I am finding it hard to see the problem here. :)

For any doubters :p ......

2ufc6k6.jpg

Not everyone drags their feet like you do. This isn't a single player game. Not everyone, and in fact, I'd say MOST PEOPLE want to reach endgame without having to do everything in the game there is.

PvP and Trials are what people want to do. With other people. Since 1.5 hit, though, there's been a massive exodus of players. (1 bar of population on AD PvP Thornblade? WHAT?)

I don't understand why we get all these people treating ESO like their comfy single player game that happens to have people. Its designed like an MMO, it should act like an MMO.

I have a VR14 Sorc, I play endgame, I do Undaunted Pledges, I am leveling my Templar to aid as a healer for my Guild's endgame experience.....

I certainly AM NOT dragging my feet!!......

I love playing in a group, I do not treat this a solo player experience!!

Oh and I also participate in the many GROUP opportunities that Craglorn presents..... sorry to disappoint you :p

Dude, I don't care about you. This is a discussion about the game. I'm saying most people want to reach endgame without completing every aspect of the game there is in its entirety. What you do with you guild and your characters, I could care less.

Your playstyle, however, is not fast or effective, and should not be considered the "norm" for what players want out of leveling.

So go to one of the many areas that still exist......

IF you know the game.....

Which funnily enough I do......

Due to my 'totally ineffective playstyle'......

Where you can still grind mobs!!!

Of course there's still spots, n'wah.

You wen't full n'wah if you think Im substituting one slow Craglorn grind for a slower Vet zone one, f'lah.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The character I am talking about is VR7 currently and has gained TWO levels since 1.5.........

See my earlier posts!!

Then you should be able to show us a Screen Shot of the two zones Adventurers Achievements, the two Zones Delves Achievements, the two zones Boss Achievements, the two Zones Dolmen Achievements if you say you got there by questing and only doing content.

If you ground your way through mobs, then your talking about something different.

Actually it was one zone VR5 Reapers March .....

As I said earlier as 1.5 hit I was just starting the area at VR5, I had to wait for a quest to be fixed but when it was, I finished the area and before completing any quests in Stonefalls I leveled to VR7.......

2ufc6k6.jpg

This screenshot shows my progress today having just finished Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen......

As you can clearly see I still have not done any of the Stonefall (VR6 area)quests, all I have done is one world boss and a discovered a couple of wayshrines, three I believe.....

2afd20g.jpg

2lawmix.jpg

28tz8du.jpg

I hope these are the shots you asked for, all completed since 1.5 went live :)

Edit:- and I still have two World Bosses to do in Reapers March. Oh and the missing week from completing Malabal Tor was whilst waiting for a Grim Situation to be fixed..... I like to keep the story straight :)
    Edited by freespirit on November 20, 2014 2:31AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a little concerned that the people who think levelling is just fine are attacking the people that think the levelling is slower even though all thoese that are posting slower levelling have actually given decent start and finish point of where their xp is and what they done in an entire zone to achieve it.

Yet all those bar the odd one that are just attacking and criticizing coming out with empty comment such as stop skipping mobs spacebarring through quests haven't actual posted anything valid to support their theory that levelling is fine they are just criticizing the people that have concern but giving very fluffy and wooly information on what progression they have actually made themselves my guess is they haven't tried.

So rather than criticize if you actually disagree and think levelling and xp is ok in its current form to level in a normal levelling format and i'm not talking about power grinds. Then please post your information to support your actual experience since 1.5.5 to what it was prior to 1.5 and whether its any faster or slower. Bear in mind prior to 1.5 you could easily attain a Vet rank without having to fully complete one zone.

Also bear in mind it was ZoS intention to make levelling faster in 1.5.

We do post our detailed information. We get called liars, called names, and get people insulting us. I'm done posting in this thread - I thought it was for sharing information. Instead it's a place for angry people to lash out at folks who disagree with them.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    We do post our detailed information. We get called liars, called names, and get people insulting us. I'm done posting in this thread - I thought it was for sharing information. Instead it's a place for angry people to lash out at folks who disagree with them.
    To those of us who have gone through entire zones only to end up with 75% of a level, you saying that you've gained 125% of a level by doing the same is like you claiming the sky is green.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    is like you claiming the sky is green.
    Yeah, something wrong with the sky an this is what we talking about.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • cesmode
    cesmode
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible we see the champion system before the end of the year? Or Q1 2015?

Or dare I say longer?
  • cesmode
    cesmode
    ✭✭✭
    Paske wrote: »
    Leveling sucks.

Thats teh bottom line.

For some reaosn ZOS decided to make it as tedious and iritaing as they could.

Lets see just how much horse "stuff" our customers can take before they leave.
    Or someone lost a bet and here we are ....

Leveling sucks? Want endgame? Go to WoW. They have the best themepark endgame you could want.

This is an elder scrolls game which is based on story telling, builds and char customization, exploration and a lot less on speedrunning to endgame for max loot.

I've done the endgame shite before with other games. Not this time. I accept that this is half Elder Scrolls and half MMO. Im taking my sweet time leveling and listening to the stories and tinkering with builds. Once I level all the alts I want, I'll look at endgame. And if it sucks, then I'll leave. But at least I would have played the game to its fullest which is milking every ounce out of the leveling game.

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with holding judgment on this. I'm in the second zone and almost halfway through VR3. I was almost to VR3 when I reached Deshaan though. I still have a few things to do. I also completed the starting quests for Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Ysne58 on November 20, 2014 2:00PM
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite w/e anyone thinks....the game for many players starts at vr12-14. Everything below that is just a grind, but instead is now a grind of questing.....quests we have already been through with other character 3,4,5,6 times already.
    Edited by Thechemicals on November 20, 2014 2:02PM
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a little concerned that the people who think levelling is just fine are attacking the people that think the levelling is slower even though all thoese that are posting slower levelling have actually given decent start and finish point of where their xp is and what they done in an entire zone to achieve it.

Yet all those bar the odd one that are just attacking and criticizing coming out with empty comment such as stop skipping mobs spacebarring through quests haven't actual posted anything valid to support their theory that levelling is fine they are just criticizing the people that have concern but giving very fluffy and wooly information on what progression they have actually made themselves my guess is they haven't tried.

So rather than criticize if you actually disagree and think levelling and xp is ok in its current form to level in a normal levelling format and i'm not talking about power grinds. Then please post your information to support your actual experience since 1.5.5 to what it was prior to 1.5 and whether its any faster or slower. Bear in mind prior to 1.5 you could easily attain a Vet rank without having to fully complete one zone.

This is exactly the situation. For some reason it's ok to call out the people who say leveling is the same/slightly faster, but not the other way around.

My stance is this - forums have a lot of whiners and complainers. Forums have a lot of trolls. The people who posted that leveling was the same tended to be more calm and reasonable. The people who posted that leveling was slower tended to have a more angry tone (rant and rave etc..). Of course this is a generalization so don't take it personally.

If both sides are posting evidence, I will believe the calm reasonable people.

• Tierney369neb18_ESO
    spryler wrote: »

This is exactly the situation. For some reason it's ok to call out the people who say leveling is the same/slightly faster, but not the other way around.

My stance is this - forums have a lot of whiners and complainers. Forums have a lot of trolls. The people who posted that leveling was the same tended to be more calm and reasonable. The people who posted that leveling was slower tended to have a more angry tone (rant and rave etc..). Of course this is a generalization so don't take it personally.

If both sides are posting evidence, I will believe the calm reasonable people.

I am not whining and I am not complaining I am merely pointing out my own experience since 1.5.5 and it is of my opinion that it slower than it was before 1.5.

Also I have pointed this out in a non aggressive manner I am calm I have not been ranting or raving if I was doing that I would have plenty of explanation marks about the place and have caps typing and bold writing to convey my anger but the simple fact is I'm not angry and for those people that actually have said levelling in their opinion is fine and have actually posted data that's fine thank you for your feedback my issue is with the people that come in and add nothing worthwhile to the discussion which ok it not just the people that said levelling was fine but some that said leveling as slow some have been unpleasant which is sad to see.

As I previously said imo I think leveling isn't where it needs to be in comparison to what devs said in patch notes saying the time it take to gain a veteran rank will be reduced which imo it is not and have already provided my own examples.

I'm not just going to stop leveling or rage quit or stomp my feet I still really like this game on the whole so I will continue to slog through but I also wanted to share my view to see if anyone felt the same while at the same time providing my feedback which ZoS did ask us to provide feed back on leveling which is what I'm doing so I do apologise if I offended anyone was not my intention.

Anyway I've dribbled on enough let's get the thread back on track.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To those of us who have gone through entire zones only to end up with 75% of a level, you saying that you've gained 125% of a level by doing the same is like you claiming the sky is green.

I have to step into this thread to ask, is it possible that some people ARE getting more XP and others are getting less? Could some character types and/or classes be optimized to get more XP out of the same content than others?

If everyone here is telling the truth as they've experienced it, and as passionate as people are about this topic, I tend to believe they are, I have to think there's something more going on with the mechanics of how the XP is being awarded than we've been told.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Malabal Tor, I have cleared most of the map, I just have the quests around Baandori Trading Post (and there are a few of them there) I have 5 skyshards to get, 3 being outside and with little to no combat and some World Bosses and I am a little over 60% to get to the next rank. It will be interesting to see if the remaining quests and bosses will get me there. I did get some decent exp in one delve getting a skyshard, but that was because I had to do it twice having missed the shard the first time.

There was one quest that gave me a skill point but it was not a complicated quest and I got around 8 or 9K points for that one. So, not all skill point awarding quests are considered complicated.

Maybe it's more a situation that some zones give the exp needed to gain a rank, and some don't. However even the people who say they are getting one rank a zone does not make the leveling faster as ZOS intended. We were all getting one rank per zone before.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    In Malabal Tor, I have cleared most of the map, I just have the quests around Baandori Trading Post (and there are a few of them there) I have 5 skyshards to get, 3 being outside and with little to no combat and some World Bosses and I am a little over 60% to get to the next rank. It will be interesting to see if the remaining quests and bosses will get me there. I did get some decent exp in one delve getting a skyshard, but that was because I had to do it twice having missed the shard the first time.

There was one quest that gave me a skill point but it was not a complicated quest and I got around 8 or 9K points for that one. So, not all skill point awarding quests are considered complicated.

Maybe it's more a situation that some zones give the exp needed to gain a rank, and some don't. However even the people who say they are getting one rank a zone does not make the leveling faster as ZOS intended. We were all getting one rank per zone before.

Actually, before 1.5, if you cleared the whole zone you got enough xp to be 10-15% into the next rank.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 3:47PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is 1-50 great, but Caldwell's Gold and Silver terrible? Aren't they exactly the same thing, but under a different faction? I hear people say this a lot, but it's literally the same quest line (minus a few of course) you would do if you chose a different race/faction.

Maybe it's great because 1-50 is the FIRST TIME you are playing it through.

Think of your feeling when you watch a movie you like for the first time. Great right?

So good, you might like watching it again a month later or a year later. But not twice again that same night!

As you said, "it's literally the same quest line". And that's the problem. Nobody I know enjoys replaying the same quests again a 2nd and 3rd time with the only change being the ridiculous change in sides.

Consider the following analogy:

At 5pm you watch The Hunt for Red October for the first time.

"Great movie" you say.

"I know", I say, "You should really watch Crimson Tide too".

"Put it in" you say, excitedly.

"Sure", I say "Just watch The Hunt for Red October twice more right now and then I'll let you watch Crimson Tide."

- And Oh by the way, you have to keep paying to rewatch the first movie while you wait too.

Dude, did you even play the silver and gold zones? There is a ton of difference in stories, the landscape, the interior of the houses.
    After completing silver and starting gold it felt exciting and fresh for me

I cannot believe you dare write this OMG WTF???
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the impression that the xp in the vet zones is alot higher now.

My first char through the vet zones did about a vet rank per zone.

My second char is advancing alot faster now after 1.5.5

At the end of the vet 3 zone, my new char is now vet 4 and 550k xp towards vet 5. Thats 1,5 vet ranks above his current zone.
    (and thats with vet zone content beeing the only xp source. Not done any vet dungeons, pvp or mob xp grinding on that char)
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

I have to step into this thread to ask, is it possible that some people ARE getting more XP and others are getting less? Could some character types and/or classes be optimized to get more XP out of the same content than others?

If everyone here is telling the truth as they've experienced it, and as passionate as people are about this topic, I tend to believe they are, I have to think there's something more going on with the mechanics of how the XP is being awarded than we've been told.
    It's not really possible.

The most likely answer is that the people who are reporting that "XP is fine" are simply doing extra things and not having that register.

Maybe they PvP for a day, run a bunch of dungeons with their friends, or end up killing a significant amount of extra enemies because they were confused on a quest ("oh, I thought the mobs were supposed to drop the quest item, but it was something I had to pick up from the table next to the quest giver all along!").

The people who are posting that XP is fine are defending what they perceive to be attacks against the game they enjoy and, thus, attacks against themselves for enjoying it. They have every reason to lie or be willfully misinformed because of this.

The people who are posting that XP is not fine are people who really want to enjoy the game again, and who might unfortunately be on the edge of quitting. These people have no reason to lie, because they're just trying to get back to the status quo.
    Edited by Maverick827 on November 20, 2014 10:33PM
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    Reasons people might lie from the "less xp" crowd:

They are trolls.
    They are spoiled brats who will never be happy.
    They are pissed that they have to do more work (ie..no more Craglorn boss grind).
    Their class got hit by the nerf bat at some point and they still haven't gotten over it.
    They are skipping content (not only mobs) and don't know it.
    They are skipping more mobs than your average person would.
    They are remembering their last veteran experience incorrectly (probably because it was a long time ago for some).

I think that your generalization about who is lying and motivation is arbitrary and without foundation in fact.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the VR leveling on my two chars not quite, but closer to before 1.5. But I also don't think Z wants it to be quite the same as before, they intentionally want it slower but not a complete stop. They need another slight adjustment upwards to have the same effect as before. I'm sure they already know that.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Tierney369neb18_ESO
    Goresnort wrote: »

At the end of the vet 3 zone, my new char is now vet 4 and 550k xp towards vet 5. Thats 1,5 vet ranks above his current zone.
    (and thats with vet zone content beeing the only xp source. Not done any vet dungeons, pvp or mob xp grinding on that char)

Hi gore what was the highest xp you were receiving from a quest if I may ask because in reapers March I was getting occasional quests that gave me approx 16k xp but when I then did stone falls starting ca dwells gold highest xp I ever got from a quest was 9750xp things don't seem very consistent some people I'm now starting to wonder if the scaling is right as you level each rank because everyone seems to be experiencing different gains for clearing a zone eg in two zones first being reapers March I was about 200k short even after clearing all and after stone fall I was 140k short after clear and I am properly clearing I'm not skipping anything but other people are posting gaining a level or even surpassing a lever per cleared zone

Do you get more xp when your grouped with someone or is it the same, also how many people have rings of Mara activated and how much does this actually buff your xp gain
    Edited by Tierney369neb18_ESO on November 21, 2014 12:52AM
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭

Hi gore what was the highest xp you were receiving from a quest if I may ask because in reapers March I was getting occasional quests that gave me approx 16k xp but when I then did stone falls starting ca dwells gold highest xp I ever got from a quest was 9750xp things don't seem very consistent some people I'm now starting to wonder if the scaling is right as you level each rank because everyone seems to be experiencing different gains for clearing a zone eg in two zones first being reapers March I was about 200k short even after clearing all and after stone fall I was 140k short after clear and I am properly clearing I'm not skipping anything but other people are posting gaining a level or even surpassing a lever per cleared zone

Do you get more xp when your grouped with someone or is it the same, also how many people have rings of Mara activated and how much does this actually buff your xp gain

Actually, I made some quick notes just after 1.5.5 vent live, to get a rough idea of the xp gain. Bear in mind, the following is rough notes made on the fly, and not double checked or verified. Thus they may likely contain notation errors.

Solo play. No rings of mara. Location is Hoarfrost Downs in Rivenspire.

905.570 (Start xp - arrived at Hoarfrost Downs)
    910.560 (300gp quest)
    911.475 (chest lockpicked - intermediate)
    913.640 ( 3 normal vet 3 quest mobs killed)
    914.555 (chest lockpicked - simple)
    915.271 (location discovery)
    919.013 (300gp quest)
    919.841 (1 elite vet 3 mob killed)
    931.xxx (600gp quest)
    935.843 (location objective - Hoarfrost Downs - Complete)

Thats from a small quest hub with little fighting, small fast mostly dialouge based quests.
  • Suntzu1414
    same here. it seems that we should spend our time picking chests. :)

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't speak for vet 3 but this is the rewards I got for quests.

V5 Bangkorai
    4990 - Hallin's Burden
    4990 - The Lion's Den
    11,227 - Thirst for Revolution
    9765 - The Shifting Sands of Fate
    7485 - Trials & Tribulations
    12,152 - To Walk on Far Shores - + 1 Skill Point + High King Emeric Savior Achievement
    4990 - Cadwell Silver Completion

V6 Auridon
    4990 - Unaccounted Crew
    7485 - Ensuring Security
    9765 - A Hostile Situation
    1215 - To Tanzelwil
    4990 - Silsailen Rescue
    4990 - Real Marines
    9765 - Teldur's End
    4990 - In the Name of the Queen
    4990 - Corruption Stones
    9765 - Rites of the Queen + 1 Skill Point + Sunder the First Veil Achievement

V6 Kenarthi's Roost
    7485 - Storm on the Horizon
    4990 - Dark Knowledge
    12,260 - The Family Business
    16,002 - Temple of the Morning Springs
    12,260 - Moon Sugar Medicament + Skooma Watch Achievement
    9765 - Pinch of Sugar
    16,002 - Cast Adrift

Despite what the 1.5.5 patch notes say the quest rewards were not increased from 1.5.4. Instead of commenting on it to clarify the situation I feel that ZOS has decided if they ignore it, it will go away.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone had a go at using the nirncrux mines to level? Constant waves of mobs spawning forever, solo or duoable, might be worth a shot...
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone had a go at using the nirncrux mines to level? Constant waves of mobs spawning forever, solo or duoable, might be worth a shot...
    I haven't done them recently, but I know in past the mobs gave no XP, it was only once you defeated the main Troll boss that you got anything.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Zos is respecting in total what they promised us.
    We are in a changing situation fom vr levels to champion sistem it is some problems but you cant expect evryting now.
    The told us that in the ch sistem we will get rougly 100k xp hour and now if you play you get 50-70k hour, yesterday i have played for 4 hours and i get 280k xp they are balancing this for the ch sistem, i dont care about vr levels anymore the only good thing is the gear vr 14 is better then vr 12 but you caracter is like the same 20 more points in healt or magika does not make the difference and even the gliphs are the same .
    If evrything goes right in update 6 we will see another part of the ch sistem released, balanced and live on the servers
    The only thing that i complain is the need of mantain the vr levels as they make the differnce if a vr level cost only 250k to gain it will be better, in any case the effort for gain vr 14gear will be the same (non crafted) the same in pve for trial or dungeons drop the same in pvp for elite gear and people can focus on end game now that they added more.
    So ok for the transition situation but they have to make it more enjoiable
    Signature

• Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are trolls.
    They are pissed that they have to do more work (ie..no more Craglorn boss grind).
    Their class got hit by the nerf bat at some point and they still haven't gotten over it.
    They are remembering their last veteran experience incorrectly (probably because it was a long time ago for some).

I think that your generalization about who is lying and motivation is arbitrary and without foundation in fact.

And yours isn't? Please.
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

They are trolls.

And yours isn't? Please.

I provided specific examples of why a person would lie, potentially disproving your theory. I have yet to see you address mine.

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

They are trolls.

And yours isn't? Please.

I provided specific examples of why a person would lie, potentially disproving your theory. I have yet to see you address mine.
    He wasn't the person you initially replied to, I am. I haven't addressed your post because I've quit the game and am playing Dragon Age instead. I no longer have a stake in this game.

Maybe if Jessica and Gina announce something about XP increase during today's ESO live I'd consider trying to play ESO and DA at the same time. But if this is the leveling sped Zenimax is going to stick to, then I doubt I'll even be back for the Champion system at this point. It's obvious that their 1 Champion point/hour estimation will be far off, and 1200 hours of grinding was obviously already ridiculous.
  • boggie
    boggie
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks that expecting the state of the endgame leveling to be perfectly streamlined and polished after step 1 in a multi-part process to completely replace the endgame progression with an entirely new system to be just a bit... I don't know... laughable? If they dropped 1.5 on us with a "here's the new system guys, have at it!", then yeah, we might have reason to be pissed. But the biggest complaints about the current state of vr leveling totally miss the changes that are coming down the road.

I see person after person complaining that "I've done all these quests already on my alt/main. I don't want to do them again." Well, when the champ system is in place, you won't necessarily have to. The champ system is account wide. Once it's in place, that xp you earned completing caldwells on your main will apply to EVERY ALT YOU HAVE. So yes, expecting a person to have completed everything in a zone plus a little extra to be on-track progression-wise makes sense when you think of it applying to an entire account instead of just an individual character.

VR leveling right now isn't THAT bad. My first character hit VR1 right when 1.5 dropped. Since it hit, I've played the game normally (for me). Done some questing, run some dungeons, helped guildies out with things they needed... and lo and behold, I'm leveling just prior to completing zones. And no, I'm not running around grinding mobs for the sake of grinding mobs- just killing what is in my way to get quests done. It might be a touch slow, but it is far from broken.

There is no pleasing some people. The vr system was unpopular, so they set out to replace it. What did you expect? That they'd just work it all out without any elements being playtested on live (since no one uses the pts), drop the whole thing in one big patch, and it would go off without a hitch? That's absurd. The playerbase wanted a change and so they are getting it.

So yes, it is logical to expect individual character progression to feel a bit throttled when the new xp system is in place but the part of the system that makes it apply to all your characters (thus making each point of xp far more valuable) isn't there yet. In the mean time, you are still making meaningful progress. Those of us leveling our first mains will experience something closer to the "feel" of the final product. Those of us leveling alts will get the experience of a person starting from scratch on that character- for now. But once the champ system hits, all that xp is getting dumped in one big pool. Those with a single vr character probably won't notice that much of a change. Those of you who are slogging their way through leveling alts right now will get a big boost to their overall champ pool.

So please, just try to be a little less shortsighted. If you don't want to do the grinding slog right now through content you have already played, maybe that means this just isn't the right time for you to be leveling alts. If that is a gamebreaker for you, then maybe it is time to step away for a bit. Nothing wrong with that. But expecting this kind of major change to fundamental game structure to be instant and painless... like I said, it's just laughable.