The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alacrity kills Dragonstar Arena Veteran [World First]

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »

2. You guys tried hard to beat him on PTS but failed (look into the thread)
    4. Fairplay is also part of esports guys, so is it not fair that you are already lvl 14 and did normal mode run clear when we Europe guys are even not having up the server again.
    7. you guys know that on twitch you can see the ppl who are watching the stream. you are definitely a liar ....

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST ARENA CLEAR 1st September
    HODOR WORLD FIRST LIVE (technically 13 hours 55 min before NA Guild)
    HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

HOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Should I make a thread to shout this out ... no we don't need that ;)

We tried hard? We only ran it twice on the PTS, and Stage 9 is actually harder than it was on the PTS.

You're right, fairplay is important in ESports. Competitive PvE play in MMORPGs do not recognize a time zone difference, nor do they recognize PTS kills.

I did not watch your stream, nor did anybody else in our group. We already knew how all of the fights worked and had strategies for all of them, including the last boss, because we fought them on the PTS.

You're welcome to claim whatever you want, the only players we care about are those with previous PvE raiding experience, and those players know how World First works. The rest just aren't likely to be at the level we are looking for, although we always consider exceptional players.

Congratulations on the kill.

P.S. The irony is adorable:
    6. entropy had class but u guys don't have it.

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that Hodor are really really upset that they didn't beat it before Alacrity did.

Anyway, congrats Alacrity on the kill.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 22, 2014 12:24PM
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    OMG that's so ridiculous ...

First of all its funny that you don't pay attention to what we did on pts ...

1. The boss was close to not killable at the PTS when we did the world first, that was confirmed by ZOS.
    3. after we streamed it and showed the tactic you going to beat it on live, so where is the skill?
    4. Fairplay is also part of esports guys, so is it not fair that you are already lvl 14 and did normal mode run clear when we Europe guys are even not having up the server again.
    5. you are really ignorant
    7. you guys know that on twitch you can see the ppl who are watching the stream. you are definitely a liar ....

Enjoy your selfcreated fame for 5 mins because all players with skill and brain will understand that you achieved nothing, just a horrible kill on an easier encounter than before. you even did nothing for the players to enjoy the content now like it is...

BTW you really need to show off ... I would be shamed If we need to point out that we cleared arena normal mode, but you need also to mention that you are DOUBLE FORMER EMPRESS ...

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

Sometimes even classy people have to lay the smack down, when people are acting stupid.

Go check out Tripwyr's posts on those PTS world first kills by the way.

You bring these things on yourselves.
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »

1. The boss was close to not killable at the PTS when we did the world first, that was confirmed by ZOS.
    3. after we streamed it and showed the tactic you going to beat it on live, so where is the skill?

Enjoy your selfcreated fame for 5 mins because all players with skill and brain will understand that you achieved nothing, just a horrible kill on an easier encounter than before. you even did nothing for the players to enjoy the content now like it is...

BTW you really need to show off ... I would be shamed If we need to point out that we cleared arena normal mode, but you need also to mention that you are DOUBLE FORMER EMPRESS ...

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

Sometimes even classy people have to lay the smack down, when people are acting stupid.

i just checked them and started laughing because a guild tried to claim world first for a kill on a test server. what do you think is going to happen when someone makes such a ridiculous claim lol. name a game in the history of MMOs where someone has claimed a world first on a test server lmao
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Nala_ wrote: »

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

i just checked them and started laughing because a guild tried to claim world first for a kill on a test server. what do you think is going to happen when someone makes such a ridiculous claim lol. name a game in the history of MMOs where someone has claimed a world first on a test server lmao

How about ESO, when the Dev's specifically made a contest for it..?
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

They made a contest out of it because they were having problems with not enough players participating in the testing process. It was to encourage more guilds to get onto the PTS, which has been done many times in the past by other companies. This does not change the dynamics of the world first.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

They made a contest out of it because they were having problems with not enough players participating in the testing process. It was to encourage more guilds to get onto the PTS, which has been done many times in the past by other companies. This does not change the dynamics of the world first.

Umm well I guess you can define "world first" however you want, and you can pretend this is WoW with thousands of guilds at a competitive level if that makes a difference to you. But I personally don't care, and when Hodor beat a harder fight, FIRST, I considered that the FIRST time, in the WORLD, that the encounter was defeated.

You can go retreat to your little online dictionary and the Guinness book of world first kills if that makes you happy, but the point is you showed your ass over and over again, annoyingly disrupting that thread, and you are surprised when the same thing happens to you.

How about some common sense?
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

Umm well I guess you can define "world first" however you want, and you can pretend this is WoW with thousands of guilds at a competitive level if that makes a difference to you. But I personally don't care, and when Hodor beat a harder fight, FIRST, I considered that the FIRST time, in the WORLD, that the encounter was defeated.

You can go retreat to your little online dictionary and the Guinness book of world first kills if that makes you happy, but the point is you showed your ass over and over again, annoyingly disrupting that thread, and you are surprised when the same thing happens to you.

ive never seen people so enraged and in denial before because they didnt get a world first on live, your just making your guild look like a bunch of immature children
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Such class.

ive never seen people so enraged and in denial before because they didnt get a world first on live, your just making your guild look like a bunch of immature children

QFT.

Like I said, I respect Hodor's achievement; they killed the boss on PTS before it was properly balanced for release. However, in the race to World First, we beat Hodor by less than 30 minutes.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

Lol this whole post really just makes Hodor look like a joke. I mean this takes jealousy to a whole new level.

Edited by Spawn on September 21, 2014 9:24PM
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Spawn wrote: »

Lol this whole post really just makes Hodor look like a joke. I mean this takes jealousy to a whole new level.

Yes we are a joke and not a competitive guild ... we already understand that. And we understand that the rules are made by you guys. Im fine with that.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said, I respect Hodor's achievement; they killed the boss on PTS before it was properly balanced for release. However, in the race to World First, we beat Hodor by less than 30 minutes.

Also we understand that. You have 14 hours more playtime that's ok you need it ...
  • AlexiasDaex
    AlexiasDaex
    ✭✭
    So, this has been fun reading.
    Hodor does seem like he needs to rethink some stuff.

METAPHOR TIME

-Hodor and Alacrity are Olympians. (Doesn't matter what sport, lets say something random like... bobsledding :l)
    -Hodor makes a practice run that's pretty fast.
    -The practice track is changed for the actual competition.
    -Alacrity gets first in the competition.
    -Hodor flips some ***, saying his practice run was faster and he should get Rank #1 and the shiny shiny gold medal.
    -No one gives two *** giggles about Hodor's practice run.
    -The End.

Grats to Alacrity
    Former Emperor (Duh)
    Legacy of Alacrity
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭

Yes we are a joke [/quote]

Yes, Yes you Are.
    we understand that the rules are made by you guys.
    Actually the rules have been in play for years set by standards of top guilds from other games around the world and accepted my the mmo community, you guys are the ones trying to change the rules to include pts, which is just such a joke.

Also you guys sell your selfs as a pve guild with "We have the ambition and talent to compete on the leaderboards against the EU and NA guilds" so your selling your self as a hardcore pve guild mate, you guys got the fastest time, yup you did that, you have it at the moment but you don't have world first, and your so jealous over it very funny.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

METAPHOR TIME

-Hodor and Alacrity are Olympians. (Doesn't matter what sport, lets say something random like... bobsledding :l)
    -Hodor flips some ***, saying his practice run was faster and he should get Rank #1 and the shiny shiny gold medal.
    -The End.

Grats to Alacrity

Yes of course and after the practice run ....

The one Olympian bobsledding team is starting 14 hours before the other team and arrives at the finish line 5 min earlier than the other team.

Great Olympic sport ...

There are two discussion in here ...

First ... about the clear on the PTS and how to sort it into everything
    Second ... about the world first on live server ... the cleared it 5 mins earlier than we did ... we are fine with that just check my first comment. The fact that they had 14 hours more playtime is just a question of fairness. There is no sport out there where one team is starting earlier then the other in any race. And if they do they take the lap time.

• Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭

METAPHOR TIME

-The End.

Grats to Alacrity

Yes of course and after the practice run ....

The one Olympian bobsledding team is starting 14 hours before the other team and arrives at the finish line 5 min earlier than the other team.

Great Olympic sport ...

There are two discussion in here ...

First ... about the clear on the PTS and how to sort it into everything
    Second ... about the world first on live server ... the cleared it 5 mins earlier than we did ... we are fine with that just check my first comment. The fact that they had 14 hours more playtime is just a question of fairness. There is no sport out there where one team is starting earlier then the other in any race. And if they do they take the lap time.

rarely you see people who are so butthurt they cant grats others and instead like to diminish their accomplishments, youd think in a game with such a small community as ESO that it wouldnt happen, but i guess Hodor proves it still can
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Well i mean you guys can go on about the head start as much as you want but i mean the world first came like what 5-6 days after the patch that's a long time buddy and i mean i know our guys only did like 4 runs, i mean i guess they could have all done it in day 1 or really taken advantage of the time but they didn't, you guys claim it was harder on the pts yet it still took you days to clear it so it seems you guys struggled on live if you couldn't clear it sooner.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out where they got 5 minutes too... Their screenshot is from 25 minutes after we started this thread, and 17 minutes after the timestamped screenshot (which I had to retake because I screwed up the first one).
    There is no sport out there where one team is starting earlier then the other in any race. And if they do they take the lap time.

Yes there is, its an eSport called World of Warcraft. It is also the closest analogue to this one.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 21, 2014 11:23PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    I know your documentary proves that... and don't know what u guys want from me ... my first comment was gratz guys. And of course I said World First in the meaning of world first ever was on PTS.

I never said that u didn't do the world first on live server even when u had 14 hours more time ...
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Gratz guys ... you have been 5 min earlier :)

GJ Madini, Whiteclaw, Mystwyn and Ortie .... great work

rR3UfaT.jpg

But we beated your time a little bit ^^

But Last Boss is easy compared to pts ... there is only one world first ^^

So HODOR
    World First Arena Normal
    World First Arena Veteran
    World Second Arena Veteran Liveserver
    Europe First Arena Veteran Liveserver

Madini HODOR Guild

So where is the problem ... the problem is just that u guys are thinking that the pts kill is nothing worth. And its still a fact that it was harder. That's all

Edited by TheMast3r on September 21, 2014 11:42PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gratz guys ... you have been 5 min earlier :)

GJ Madini, Whiteclaw, Mystwyn and Ortie .... great work

rR3UfaT.jpg

But we beated your time a little bit ^^

But Last Boss is easy compared to pts ... there is only one world first ^^

So HODOR
    World First Arena Normal
    World First Arena Veteran
    World Second Arena Veteran Liveserver
    Europe First Arena Veteran Liveserver

Madini HODOR Guild

So where is the problem ... the problem is just that u guys are thinking that the pts kill is nothing worth. And its still a fact that it was harder. That's all

It's because someone trying to claim world first PTS is laughable. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it can only be seen as trying to diminish what is actually the world first. The PTS is there for testing.

Congrats on beating a harder fight. I just don't think it's that meaningful. If anything it makes it sad that you didn't beat the live version before us when we weren't even trying hard for it. Still, you have the world's fastest time by a lot and should be very, very happy about that...
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    So how many of u guild guys want to post here??? the only ppl posting here are guild members of u ... just funny ... we didn't beat it earlier because we had to lvl up we got the patch 1 day later and we have ppl with a normal live. as u see on my first post I gratz u guys for the world first on liveserver. The official challenge was on the pts not on live. We won that. and we are fine with that.

And as you saw we just went in there and killed the last boss with 83 lives left ... just because its not challenging anymore ... that's the simple fact. We did the last boss in the first try because its just easy ...

you can celebrate yourself ...

lets see how u guys do on a fight where u don't know how to do and you didn't watched videos ... im watching your progress as a raid guild in serpent because you are a hardcore pve raid guild. And there is no world first kill on the pts so far so go for it.

Edited by TheMast3r on September 22, 2014 1:46AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just gonna point out, as an unbiased third party here, that the NA leaderboard clearly lists four members of Alacrity having completed DSAV and no one else.

I am pretty sure that settles the argument, test servers never count.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Test server kill means nothing.

14 hour head start should be considered in my opinion but who am I to say?

The real bottom line is anyone posting on this message board is a nerd so we're all winners.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmfao are people really trying to claim world first from a pts win? Too funny.
  • Dyvith
    Dyvith
    ✭✭
    You claim that your members have lives and insinuate that ours do not, after all, how else could we hit VR14 so quickly. Except for one thing - we took no more than four hours to hit VR14, where as your guild spent hours upon hours testing the content on the PTS. Irony?

Also, you claim that we were on the PTS - one of our members was, yes, but to accuse us of stealing your strategies is nothing more than a childish ploy for attention. I hope you are content - you have officially derailed our thread, it's just too bad that the only result was Hodor looking jealous, childish, and immature. Oh, and if you beat it on the PTS, and it was actually harder, then it makes you look like bad players too. You should have had it down day one, good job on failing to accomplish that. It's okay, go ahead and give me a glass excuse about how your guys have lives. Too bad I can't debunk that argument... Oh wait.

Dyvith

Former GM and Founder of Alacrity Gaming
    Edited by Dyvith on September 22, 2014 2:42AM
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how many of u guild guys want to post here??? the only ppl posting here are guild members of u ... just funny ... we didn't beat it earlier because we had to lvl up we got the patch 1 day later and we have ppl with a normal live. as u see on my first post I gratz u guys for the world first on liveserver. The official challenge was on the pts not on live. We won that. and we are fine with that.

And as you saw we just went in there and killed the last boss with 83 lives left ... just because its not challenging anymore ... that's the simple fact. We did the last boss in the first try because its just easy ...

you can celebrate yourself ...

lets see how u guys do on a fight where u don't know how to do and you didn't watched videos ... im watching your progress as a raid guild in serpent because you are a hardcore pve raid guild. And there is no world first kill on the pts so far so go for it.

actually a lot of the people here arent alacrity, or even AD for that matter, like myself. just commenting on the obvious that you guys are being super jealous and its making your guild look really bad for people whove never heard of you before this.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Dyvith wrote: »
    You claim that your members have lives and insinuate that ours do not, after all, how else could we hit VR14 so quickly. Except for one thing - we took no more than four hours to hit VR14, where as your guild spent hours upon hours testing the content on the PTS. Irony?

Also, you claim that we were on the PTS - one of our members was, yes, but to accuse us of stealing your strategies is nothing more than a childish ploy for attention. I hope you are content - you have officially derailed our thread, it's just too bad that the only result was Hodor looking jealous, childish, and immature. Oh, and if you beat it on the PTS, and it was actually harder, then it makes you look like bad players too. You should have had it down day one, good job on failing to accomplish that. It's okay, go ahead and give me a glass excuse about how your guys have lives. Too bad I can't debunk that argument... Oh wait.

Dyvith

Former GM and Founder of Alacrity Gaming

big lol ... just show a video of your kill and everything is clear ...

HODOR was doing nothing, we said gratz on the first comment in here. Is it not allowed to mention that we won the official PTS Worldfirst Challenge from Zenimax. Ok I will translate for you, that's the same like when Blizzard made a challenge to clear something!!! Understand?

And WORLDFIRST is "when u doing smth before anybody else did". So next Monday when they patch the boss then there is new worldfirst and yours doesn't count? What exactly is the difference between pts and liveserver? Why not make every patch new world first?

The only guys who are jealous are u because u cant accept that we killed the same boss 17 days ago and we won the official contest.

We accept your worldfirst on live definitely even when the rules are funny that not the same time counts.

Still the same

World First Hodor
    World First Live you guys

What is wrong to mention it?

And what is wrong on the fact that the bossfight is easier? You can not stand the truth?

and 14 hours more time is more time you can argue on that till next year it will not change the facts.

We you guys didn't beated it first day? Like you said u knew already on the pts how to do it and beat it?

And derailing like tipywr in the pts thread? clean in front of your door first.

anyway let your 10 members post in here it looks very decent!!!

Go and achieve smth and get a real world first kill and do something nobody before did. Serpent is still not killed. Show your skills
    Edited by TheMast3r on September 22, 2014 3:25AM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    actually a lot of the people here arent alacrity, or even AD for that matter, like myself. just commenting on the obvious that you guys are being super jealous and its making your guild look really bad for people whove never heard of you before this.

Then you should go to page 1 and start reading again. Nobody was jealous and is jealous.

I just don't like it when somebody is crediting smth down like u guys are doing. It was a lot of afford for the ppl and guilds who where participated on the pts for the OFFICIAL CHALLENGE FROM ZOS to CLEAR ARENE VETERAN MODE.

And all the top guilds in ESO where trying to clear it and to win the challenge including this top guild which claims the first on live.

So where is your point now. Explain me why PTS is worth nothing? All the guilds where there. They tried to win because of the meeting with the devs. All players had the same gear same level same pots same everything. Even the same lvled skills.

Just shouting out without bringing arguments is childish.

And arguments are not:
    In WOW it doesn't count
    OR in WOW 14 hours more time doesn't count.

Simplified for you:

There was an OFFICIAL CHALLENGE from ZENIMAX to clear ARENA Veteran Mode the first Time. Why the hell this counts nothing? I could understand if they didn't participate there .. but they did.

Simplified more for you:

Team A can play on the new patch on Monday 6 pm and clear it Saturday 6 pm that makes 120 hours

Team B can play on the new patch on Tuesday 8 am and clear it Saturday 6.10 pm that makes 106.9 hours

Team A: 120 hours
    Team B: 106.9 hours

So what team cleared faster? And technically which on cleared first on LIVESERVER?

But all you can say is: No in WOW nobody took care about the delay of the content ... that's ignorant

And If you ever competed for a world first, time is everything you need, because killing a boss without knowledge about mechanics etc requires time and a lot a trys to figure out how to beat him.

But just ignoring it means that ppl playing on the EU Server never have a fair chance to get a world first on the LIVESERVER.

Again simplified for u:

This guild here claims also the World First Arena Dragonstar Normal Mode clear. Just check the other thread (hmm they like to open threads)

They claimed the clear of it and the EU Server wasn't even patched and live again.

Do you understand that?

So we are talking about ESPORT ... how can it be a fair sport when it is not possible for all the guilds in EU Server to claim something because they simply technically cant do it?

And the only way to give EU Guilds the same chance is to take the time since the servers going live.

But im sure: in WOW nobody cared about it

BTW we you guys playing ESO if u where so successful in WOW and everything is so cool there?

Edited by TheMast3r on September 22, 2014 4:08AM
  • Mahogany
    Mahogany
    ✭✭✭

And WORLDFIRST is "when u doing smth before anybody else did".

World First Hodor
    World First Live you guys

*facepalm*
This discussion has been closed.