Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alacrity kills Dragonstar Arena Veteran [World First]

• zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Nala_ wrote: »
    ive never seen people so enraged and in denial before because they didnt get a world first on live, your just making your guild look like a bunch of immature children

I'm not in Hodor.
    Spawn wrote: »
    Actually the rules have been in play for years set by standards of top guilds from other games around the world and accepted my the mmo community, you guys are the ones trying to change the rules to include pts, which is just such a joke.

I don't remember joining some e-sports league? I'm a person on the internet playing a game, and I never agreed to or cared about any of your rules. So like I said, enjoy your little guiness book of world firsts record according to the WoW or other-game-set MMO standards that obviously many of us don't care about. If you love competitive raiding according to WoW rules so much, go play WoW.

ESO set up a competition, Hodor won, you lost. Now you are trying to use arbitrary unrelated rules to "win" on a technicality.
    Famous Alacrity once again shows its not just dominant in PvP and claims PvE fame again with the World First Clear of Vet Dragon Star.

Oh wow, you guys are famous? Please, tell me more about how cool you are.

Do you understand why you come off arrogant?

When you win, I say grats. When you show your ass, you get flame.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 22, 2014 5:13AM
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So ZOS asked people to come test some content for a reward, that way they can better tune it for the servers that run the actual game and have the actual leader boards and trials/challenges. You call it the Live client like a lot of people as a way of differentiating it, but another way to describe it is the OFFICIAL client. Somehow you don't get this. The game you play and pay for is the live servers. If all else fails try to remember why no one has their character they played during Beta...

Also we did not have a group for the "challenge". If anything when it was brought up 99% of the members shrugged it off and chuckled. There was nothing for us to gain from competing in that other than to troll the other guilds. Also at most we had 1-2 people on the PTS doing it with other people. Maybe once or twice they convinced some other members to stop pvping for a couple hours, but any group on there was not the group that cleared it.

From the moment it's released the race is officially on. Time difference is irrelevant accounting for the fact we went in there 3 times with the group that cleared it, making that one time 3 days and 2 days of not being in there. And yet somehow you want to talk about us not having lives.

Every sport is unfair. Only thing people care about in sports is results. That's why they keep score. Don't know where you're trying to go with that analogy. If all people cared about were lap times track would be individual runners, but that's not the case. People like a race.

This is good fun.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI, the prize for completing the PTS version of Dragonstar Arena Veteran was a Q&A with ZOS. We believed (apparently incorrectly) that this could only go to one guild, and it would be only fair for another guild to earn this privilege.

Sorry that you didn't get it first, I recommend jumping head first into Serpent as nobody has cleared it yet.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »
    ive never seen people so enraged and in denial before because they didnt get a world first on live, your just making your guild look like a bunch of immature children

I'm not in Hodor.
    Actually the rules have been in play for years set by standards of top guilds from other games around the world and accepted my the mmo community, you guys are the ones trying to change the rules to include pts, which is just such a joke.

I don't remember joining some e-sports league? I'm a person on the internet playing a game, and I never agreed to or cared about any of your rules. So like I said, enjoy your little guiness book of world firsts record according to the WoW or other-game-set MMO standards that obviously many of us don't care about. If you love competitive raiding according to WoW rules so much, go play WoW.

ESO set up a competition, Hodor won, you lost. Now you are trying to use arbitrary unrelated rules to "win" on a technicality.
    Famous Alacrity once again shows its not just dominant in PvP and claims PvE fame again with the World First Clear of Vet Dragon Star.

They set up a, "Hey come test our content for bugs and balance" contest. Cool. They also set up a server with live leader boards and a continuous server/game/characters that everyone plays on that is the end result of their tests. I wonder which one matters...

It's not WoW rules although it's probably heavily influenced by the game that has dominated the genre for a long time. The rules have been for the entire genre and are a lot more concrete than what a couple of random, hand holding guilds came up with one night. Nothing arbitrary about it. At all. Our GM was even willing to concede it if the standards weren't what he thought they were. Turns out he was right initially anyway, and it is in fact a world first for Alacrity. People didn't give a damn when euro had an 8 hour head start in certain games, but now all of a sudden it's the 11th commandment or something.

You're probably only on here because you need a break from raging about not having a buff server any longer. That's probably why you haven't cleared it yet right? It's funny when you guys do that. Gives us a lot of laughs in TS. We're getting hungry for some easy AP if you reds want to try your hand at pvp again.
    Edited by Manoekin on September 22, 2014 5:44AM
  • Sablemane
    Sablemane
    ✭✭✭
    Better wear your turtlenecks in this forum battle. Might get your neck beard ripped RIGHT off!!! :D Just twisting your collective nips.

Competition is great, but how about we all cut each other some slack, and agree to disagree? Don't you realize we have a crisis on our hands with people needing to confirm the deletion of mail and whatnot?
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

I'm not in Hodor.

They set up a, "Hey come test our content for bugs and balance" contest. Cool. They also set up a server with live leader boards and a continuous server/game/characters that everyone plays on that is the end result of their tests. I wonder which one matters...

It's not WoW rules although it's probably heavily influenced by the game that has dominated the genre for a long time. The rules have been for the entire genre and are a lot more concrete than what a couple of random, hand holding guilds came up with one night. Nothing arbitrary about it. At all. Our GM was even willing to concede it if the standards weren't what he thought they were. Turns out he was right initially anyway, and it is in fact a world first for Alacrity. People didn't give a damn when euro had an 8 hour head start in certain games, but now all of a sudden it's the 11th commandment or something.

You're probably only on here because you need a break from raging about not having a buff server any longer. That's probably why you haven't cleared it yet right? It's funny when you guys do that. Gives us a lot of laughs in TS. We're getting hungry for some easy AP if you reds want to try your hand at pvp again.

That's cute. Actually we are enjoying the greater challenge of DSA vet with no pvp buffs. Maybe you should drop your buffs, go clear it again, and then post "world first DSA vet with no pvp buffs."

It's true, though, that we haven't been so strong in PVP since fixate's group left. I remember jumping on their TS one day and hearing "Guys, we aren't supposed to be fighting casuale's group." I wonder what he meant...
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Get MailR Addon Sablemane it removes the confirm delete option!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info226-MailR.html
    Edited by Spawn on September 22, 2014 7:49AM
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Get MailR Addon Sablemane it removes the confirm delete option!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info226-MailR.html

You should tell this guy in another forum, he was really angry about that. But apparently it's not such a big deal, since you can just work around it with an addon. Who would have thought?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131827/worst-change-in-this-patch/p1
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Alacrity Gaming has reached stage 6 so far. Incredibly challenging content, and we've been reporting all bugs along the way.

Alacrity just beat Stage 9. We haven't been playing for a few days, watch out!

EDIT: Stage 10 60%. Tough fight, but we're managing. Hoping we can make it to 50% and see how the fight changes tomorrow.

Of course you just went there for fun and just 1 hour ... and I was just one guy of you ;)

Like I said ... no real argument in your answers! You are afraid somebody takes your toy?

Do you guys listen to yourself? its just a test bla bla bla.

Sports are unfair? OMG
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    Alacrity Gaming has reached stage 6 so far. Incredibly challenging content, and we've been reporting all bugs along the way.

Alacrity just beat Stage 9. We haven't been playing for a few days, watch out!

EDIT: Stage 10 60%. Tough fight, but we're managing. Hoping we can make it to 50% and see how the fight changes tomorrow.

Of course you just went there for fun and just 1 hour ... and I was just one guy of you ;)

Like I said ... no real argument in your answers! You are afraid somebody takes your toy?

Do you guys listen to yourself? its just a test bla bla bla.

Sports are unfair? OMG

Yes. Like we said before, I am the only person in the group who was on the PTS. My Stage 6 post and my Stage 9/10 post were the only two times we attempted it on the PTS because our guild prefers to PvP rather than test content on the PTS. We never ended up going in the day after, despite my comment.
    It's true, though, that we haven't been so strong in PVP since fixate's group left. I remember jumping on their TS one day and hearing "Guys, we aren't supposed to be fighting casuale's group." I wonder what he meant...

Back then we never played in an objective oriented manner, which meant fighting us didn't contribute any benefit to the campaign. In fact, our strategy was to tie up as many enemy players in the north as possible for as long as possible while our faction pushed from the south.

I can't say for certain why Condemned would have said that, but my guess is that they had decided fighting us was pointless and chose to fight elsewhere. Needless to say, fixate's group was the only challenging group back then.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey folks,

Let's all cool our jets and take a step back, please. Everyone who has cleared Veteran Dragonstar Arena already deserves congratulations. It's very difficult content, and we're amazed by the groups who have managed to best it. (In fact, we actually made it harder on the live servers than it was on PTS.) There is also something to be said about the difference in time when our updates hit the North American megaserver versus the European megaserver.

We don't officially recognize who cleared what first unless we're holding a contest or challenge and specifically call it out. That said, our recommendation would be that any community recognition of this particular status be per server, not worldwide.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    (In fact, we actually made it harder on the live servers than it was on PTS.)

Congrats Hodor, world first PTS Easy mode.. ;)

Congrats Alacrity world first Vet live server.

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

Let's all cool our jets and take a step back, please. Everyone who has cleared Veteran Dragonstar Arena already deserves congratulations. It's very difficult content, and we're amazed by the groups who have managed to best it. (In fact, we actually made it harder on the live servers than it was on PTS.) There is also something to be said about the difference in time when our updates hit the North American megaserver versus the European megaserver.

We don't officially recognize who cleared what first unless we're holding a contest or challenge and specifically call it out. That said, our recommendation would be that any community recognition of this particular status be per server, not worldwide.

Thanks Jessica. I don't really mind that I guess.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Last Boss is easy compared to pts ... there is only one world first ^^
    How very true .. and that was claimed by the development team/QA team that played through it as released on the PTS before you or anyone else outside ZOS saw it. :p

BTW, world firsts don't matter, since it's so far from a level playing field it's ridiculous to even talk about the concept.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on September 22, 2014 2:50PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The argument over who was "World First" is getting a little bit tiresome, guys. For a start let's be clear in saying the PTS should not be taken into consideration, and that's obvious.

Secondly, there are two different servers. Technically speaking Alacrity got the "World First" but in reality does it matter? Both guilds have obviously achieved something impressive by managing to do it and both should be proud of their achievement. Arguing over which is better either childishly or arrogantly (as has been demonstrated in this thread) merely detracts from your successes. If someone tries to antagonise or belittle your achievement just ignore them and move on. You've both achieved something great, but you're not doing much to make the community give a damn by behaving in the way you are behaving.

There are two separate servers and you both achieved it in comparatively similar timeframes. Let's be honest - who cares about who achieved the World First aside from your own guild and those who completed it? This isn't as competitive or popular (in eSports terms) as LoL or DOTA2, so it doesn't impact anyone else other than yourselves.

Just be proud you have completed challenging content and stop misrepresenting yourselves and your guilds as desperate for attention. It doesn't do you any good.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thx for the statement ...

Everything is clear now ...

We don't officially recognize who cleared what first unless we're holding a contest or challenge and specifically call it out.

HODOR won it for Dragonstar Arena

That said, our recommendation would be that any community recognition of this particular status be per server, not worldwide.

So gratz for World First NA Server

Yes stages 1-9 are harder than on pts. The last boss isn't

We are fine with that

Edited by TheMast3r on September 22, 2014 5:50PM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. While we know that there will be a certain amount of competition between guilds, we do not allow personal jabs on the forums. Please respectful to each other and post with our forum Code of Conduct in mind. We have removed a nonconstructive conversation from this thread and will give it one more chance to be constructive. Otherwise we will be removing further comments and closing it. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thx for the statement ...

Everything is clear now ...

We don't officially recognize who cleared what first unless we're holding a contest or challenge and specifically call it out.

HODOR won it for Dragonstar Arena

That said, our recommendation would be that any community recognition of this particular status be per server, not worldwide.

So gratz for World First NA Server

We are fine with that

Grats on EU First.

Boethiah's Scythe is the best title in the game :) and the dye is pretty sick. I think we're both happy with our achievements. No need to continue arguing.
    Edited by Manoekin on September 22, 2014 7:49PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No love for Estoy Aqui :(
    raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    No love for Estoy Aqui :(
    raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Seriously. Deleted the posts and everything.

#EstoyAqui
    #Donde
    #Revolución
    Edited by Manoekin on September 22, 2014 7:53PM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Grats on EU First.

Boethiah's Scythe is the best title in the game :) and the dye is pretty sick. I think we're both happy with our achievements. No need to continue arguing.

thx and agree :D

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why... why did I read it all. -_-
    Edited by Armitas on September 22, 2014 9:08PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, I ran out of popcorn anyhow :neutral_face:

Grats to both guilds on World Firsts!

I hope you'll give The Serpent a try as well :)
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭

We are fine with that

That's not at all what was said... LOL

delusional-lie-is-truth-political-poster-1287786954.jpg

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    Edited by TheMast3r on September 23, 2014 1:54AM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »

Ok everyone. We're going to be making a slight change to the final boss to make him a bit more fair. This fix will be going in sometime next week, but we'll let you know as soon as we know for sure.

As far as an end date, you have until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 7th to complete this challenge!
    Hey everyone,

We've been incredibly impressed with how far some guilds have made it in the Veteran version of Dragonstar Arena. We’re going to be making a small change to the mechanic that occurs when the final arena boss reaches 50% that will make the fight a bit more fair. Not necessarily easier, just a bit less RNG-based.

The fix isn't changing any mechanics, but will be changing the order in which certain things fire off. For example, you’ll have a little more time against mini-bosses before certain abilities are cast.

That change will be going in next week (Wednesday or later.) If you want to wait until then, we understand. Hit up the Serpent Trial in the meantime!

I don't want to argue but you call me a liar and that's simply not true. We beated the boss before this changes came. And the actual live version has this changes.

Also when we beated the boss there where random adds, for example you could have the bow guy from stage 6 which drains magicka but you didn't had green circles to purge it and with him there was the darkmage with solar prison. Means that you had the mainboss and the miniboss both spamming solar prison.

This is all gone in the live version, you have always the same adds and you have more time when all this events start at 50 %.

Im pretty sure that ZOS_JessicaFolsom can confirm that. Its sad that you talk about something which u don't know ...

100 % stage 1-9 are harder than on pts but they are not game changing. Stage 10 is the one which made the most problems for the ppl on pts and now on the liveserver.

Edited by TheMast3r on September 23, 2014 1:54AM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok everyone. We're going to be making a slight change to the final boss to make him a bit more fair. This fix will be going in sometime next week, but we'll let you know as soon as we know for sure.

As far as an end date, you have until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 7th to complete this challenge!
    Hey everyone,

We've been incredibly impressed with how far some guilds have made it in the Veteran version of Dragonstar Arena. We’re going to be making a small change to the mechanic that occurs when the final arena boss reaches 50% that will make the fight a bit more fair. Not necessarily easier, just a bit less RNG-based.

The fix isn't changing any mechanics, but will be changing the order in which certain things fire off. For example, you’ll have a little more time against mini-bosses before certain abilities are cast.

That change will be going in next week (Wednesday or later.) If you want to wait until then, we understand. Hit up the Serpent Trial in the meantime!
    and with him there was the darkmage with solar prison. Means that you had the mainboss and the miniboss both spamming solar prison.

100 % stage 1-9 are harder than on pts but they are not game changing. Stage 10 is the one which made the most problems for the ppl on pts and now on the liveserver.

The Dark Mage does not use Solar Prison. The Dark Mage's skillset is as follows:

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

Pishna also does not use Solar Prison. At 50% the boss changes into a Templar, and starts using Solar Prison himself. In Stage 7, the Dark Mage is paired with another boss whose name I forget. That partner uses Solar Prison, but is not present on Stage 10.

I think Jessica was fairly clear in her post. The boss is harder on live than it was on PTS.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

and with him there was the darkmage with solar prison. Means that you had the mainboss and the miniboss both spamming solar prison.

The Dark Mage does not use Solar Prison. The Dark Mage's skillset is as follows:

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

Pishna also does not use Solar Prison. At 50% the boss changes into a Templar, and starts using Solar Prison himself. In Stage 7, the Dark Mage is paired with another boss whose name I forget. That partner uses Solar Prison, but is not present on Stage 10.

I think Jessica was fairly clear in her post. The boss is harder on live than it was on PTS.

It's harder on live that it was at the END of pts. It's EASIER on live than it was when HODOR killed it.

What about that could you possibly not understand?

Note: We got him to 5% several times tonight. Clearly the fight is tuned for PVP buffs, and is much harder since we have none. It will surely be significant when we kill it in harder mode, with no pvp buffs.

You should try it.

P.S. The fact that PVP buffs carry into raids significantly varies raid difficulty. We should probably talk to ZOS about having them limited to outside of instances. I remember doing LK25 HM progression in wow WOTLK, and getting that 5% buff every few weeks made the fight incredibly different. Obviously, this is the same effect with end game raiding and PVP buffs here.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 23, 2014 4:26AM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

It's harder on live that it was at the END of pts. It's EASIER on live than it was when HODOR killed it.

Note: We got him to 5% several times tonight. Clearly the fight is tuned for PVP buffs, and is much harder since we have none. It will surely be significant when we kill it in harder mode, with no pvp buffs.

You should try it.

P.S. The fact that PVP buffs carry into raids significantly varies raid difficulty. We should probably talk to ZOS about having them limited to outside of instances. I remember doing LK25 HM progression in wow WOTLK, and getting that 5% buff every few weeks made the fight incredibly different. Obviously, this is the same effect with end game raiding and PVP buffs here.

Maybe the devs want you to play both aspects of the game. Shocking.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

You should try it.

Maybe the devs want you to play both aspects of the game. Shocking.

Your sarcasm aside, we could ask them. But I doubt that is their intention, that end-game content basically requires pvp buffs. It pretty much goes against the "play as you want" philosophy. Besides, you can only tune a fight to one degree. Entering the fight with differentiated buffs defeats their effort to balance the encounter. Thats probably the same reason grahtwood buffs now only work in grahtwood.

I'll predict pvp buffs excluded from instanced fights in the next 60 days.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 23, 2014 4:44AM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
This discussion has been closed.