The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alacrity kills Dragonstar Arena Veteran [World First]

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    TheMast3r wrote: »

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Welcome to the world of competitive MMOs where nobody cares who kills bosses on the PTS. You're correct, there is only one world first, and we beat you to it.

Lol we are not competing with you guys ... we don't care about u!!! If we wanted to kill it we could do it much earlier because its easier .... look at your time and look at our time ... ;)

World First Arena ... we did it

You did it 3 weeks later ;)

Madini Hodor

Oh we know, that is why we took so long to kill it. This was only our fourth time in DSAV, and only our third time reaching the boss. We knew that you've never played an MMO at a competitive level and as cute as it is that you believe PTS matters, it doesn't. Welcome to the real world of competitive MMOs.

I hate to be the one stating the obvious here but since no one else is, the job is left to me. World of Warcraft is the MMO that set the standard. With that being said, the website that tracks the kills for that MMO gives the EU the difference of the however long it takes for their servers to go live. Do the math and figure out who won. PTS makes a difference only for the knowledge they gained to take their skills to live also which means claiming anything about world first PTS might be great and all when PTS is live but as soon as servers go live, most of the PTS numbers are normally forgotten.

Live is what matters and if you want to be competitive you have to play by the same rules.

I actually hadn't considered this perspective, and on that basis will indeed have to yield the world first to Hodor. Congratulations Hodor, we'll have to be more driven next time.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Welcome to the world of competitive MMOs where nobody cares who kills bosses on the PTS. You're correct, there is only one world first, and we beat you to it.

Lol we are not competing with you guys ... we don't care about u!!! If we wanted to kill it we could do it much earlier because its easier .... look at your time and look at our time ... ;)

World First Arena ... we did it

You did it 3 weeks later ;)

Madini Hodor

Oh we know, that is why we took so long to kill it. This was only our fourth time in DSAV, and only our third time reaching the boss. We knew that you've never played an MMO at a competitive level and as cute as it is that you believe PTS matters, it doesn't. Welcome to the real world of competitive MMOs.

EDIT: I would again encourage you to watch the documentary "Race To World First" documenting the competitive world of MMO progression raiding.

Man can I buy lessons from you please... maybe if I pay you we can take a photo together and you can sign it?
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

I actually hadn't considered this perspective, and on that basis will indeed have to yield the world first to Hodor. Congratulations Hodor, we'll have to be more driven next time.

Actually I didn't expected that ... but that's fair, respect!!!

• Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Actually even in wow no one has actually really accounted for the time difference, if eu gets it later they get it later, if us gets it later they get it later, in the end the guys that actually kill it first are the guys that kill it first.

Hehe its cute you guys thought the pts matters
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Spawn wrote: »
    Actually even in wow no one has actually really accounted for the time difference, if eu gets it later they get it later, if us gets it later they get it later, in the end the guys that actually kill it first are the guys that kill it first.

Hehe its cute you guys thought the pts matters

Actually it was counting in WOW and WOW was dominated by EU guys ... but anyway there was not the big time difference between the server maintains. How you want to compete if on side just starting lvling up while the others already lvled up and have their first runs?

Would be easier to make it First NA Kill and First EU Kill ...

Still in my opinion pts is the more interesting kill ... but that's just my opinion!!!

• Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Actually many years back EU had a advantage and they still got there world firsts counted, same goes with US when they kill bosses before EU even has the client out, i mean go check WoWProgress US has several world first before EU got released. People will always go on about time and stuff about world first but it is what it is, world first

So technically its Alacrity World First, US First
    Hodor World 2nd, EU First

Pts is what it is a TEST SERVER
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After looking deeper into WoW raiding, Hexspawn is correct. Server time offsets are NOT accounted for in WoW raiding and the first kill is the first kill regardless of when it happens.

I don't doubt that defeating the content on PTS is impressive, especially pre-nerf. However, as I've said before, if we count your kill on the harder PTS content, we would also need to count another group's first kill against a boss which accidentally only has 100 health instead of 100 million health.

Established practice is that World First goes to whichever guild kills the boss on live servers, regardless of timezone. There are many European guilds playing on North American WoW servers to address this discrepancy.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    On the bright side for you Hodor Guys you currently have the World's Fastest Clear!
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

After looking deeper into WoW raiding, Hexspawn is correct. Server time offsets are NOT accounted for in WoW raiding and the first kill is the first kill regardless of when it happens.

I don't doubt that defeating the content on PTS is impressive, especially pre-nerf. However, as I've said before, if we count your kill on the harder PTS content, we would also need to count another group's first kill against a boss which accidentally only has 100 health instead of 100 million health.

Established practice is that World First goes to whichever guild kills the boss on live servers, regardless of timezone. There are many European guilds playing on North American WoW servers to address this discrepancy.

What will you do now... go to disney land? Where will you spend you winnings!?

And, where will you take all the friends you have made, being so cool and all?
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »

Jealously?
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    grats alacrity on world first
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grats, but the need to call out 'world first' speaks to your need for validation. You'd probably get more respect if you just posted your completion and let everyone put the obvious dots together that you were the first on live.

Maybe I'm too old school, but I've always found the most skilled players are ones that don't need to toot their own horn. Just my 2 cents; congrats again. Looking forward to when the pve arena becomes pvp :disagree:
  • rashkosh127ub17_ESO
    I bet Alacrity was also the world's first to watching every pts stream they could to learn strats.

Of course pts doesn't matter. They couldn't do it on pts.

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epeen.gif

Seriously, congratz guys! Both of you! :#
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITT: jealous people who got 2nd place and dont know when to grats
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Jealously?

It's not a matter of jealousy, it's a matter of your guild being so incredibly full of yourselves and disrespectful to guilds like Hodor who do it with class. I had no opinion of you guys until permared killed me and whispered me with the single word: "horrible." Every interaction I have had with your guild since then has led me to one conclusion: you are incredibly arrogant, disrespectful, and annoying. That is why you get flame.

And you deserve it.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 21, 2014 4:38AM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Jealousy to me mate, nothing disrespectful to Hodor, saying that pts is pts and that they were 2nd is just the truth mate.

We have been established in both PvP and PvE for a long time mate longer then both your guild and Hodor, we give respect when its due, they got 2nd and EU first, there time is currently the fastest that's just the truth. I mean at this point its still only 2 guilds that have done it so its pretty clear that both are above the curve, we will see if more kills come out soon.

I mean your the one being disrespectful, say your grats and be done buddy
    Edited by Spawn on September 21, 2014 4:57AM
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jealously?

It's not a matter of jealousy, it's a matter of your guild being so incredibly full of yourselves and disrespectful to guilds like Hodor who do it with class. I had no opinion of you guys until permared killed me and whispered me with the single word: "horrible." Every interaction I have had with your guild since then has led me to one conclusion: you are incredibly arrogant, disrespectful, and annoying. That is why you get flame.

And you deserve it.

Sorry if that is your view, everybody is entitled to their own opinion of our guild. I've heard several people accuse Permared of such interactions, even posted videos, but my experience with Permared is the exact opposite.

We went into this content knowing that Hodor would attempt to claim that their kill on PTS is the actual "world first" if we beat them. I would not agree with calling them "classy", but as I said above you are entitled to your own opinion.

Out of every guild in this thread, Da Funk has certainly shown the least class, I'm sure most everyone can agree on that. I can't blame you though, every red PvE guild unanimously decided to hate Alacrity.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Jealously?

And you deserve it.

I had no opinion of your guild until this thread, and now my opinion of your guild is that you're all terrible people who fling insults at others they don't know which is oddly what you're accusing the people in our guild of doing.

What I think is arrogant, disrespectful, and annoying is coming into a thread about a legitimate world first and immediately doing whatever you can to diminish it. The standards for it are already set. No one here is of any standing to change that. We were not the ones who started the *** flinging in this thread. Yet somehow we are all of those?

I'm sorry if you've had bad interactions with a member in the past. Try talking to some of us, or message me if you have a problem with the guild. I'm not an officer, but I'll try and get stuff squared away if it's deserving.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Jealously?

And you deserve it.

Sorry if that is your view, everybody is entitled to their own opinion of our guild. I've heard several people accuse Permared of such interactions, even posted videos, but my experience with Permared is the exact opposite.

We went into this content knowing that Hodor would attempt to claim that their kill on PTS is the actual "world first" if we beat them. I would not agree with calling them "classy", but as I said above you are entitled to your own opinion.

Out of every guild in this thread, Da Funk has certainly shown the least class, I'm sure most everyone can agree on that. I can't blame you though, every red PvE guild unanimously decided to hate Alacrity.

Go re-read your posts then say that again.
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Dyvith
    Dyvith
    ✭✭
    As former guild master and original founder of Alacrity, I feel compelled to comment. First and foremost, it is common practice for people to post about world firsts, so while some may not like that we are bragging, we have put in the time and energy and as such, that's a small privilege that I believe we have earned by achieving world first. If you disagree, that is your prerogative.

As for the class that we show, I'd like to go back a few months. Alacrity was the first guild to clear Aetherian Archives in under fifteen minutes. At the time that we had done this, less than five guilds in North America had cleared Aetherian Archives at all, and certainly not in under fifteen minutes (we cleared it in eleven, to be exact). I'm unsure of Europe's progress, but I believe they were in a very similar situation. When we did this, we had two options - we could have profited massively based on our choke hold on the market for things like the Warlock set. After all, no one was clearing the content and we could clear the entire thing in under fifteen minutes, however that isn't what we did. Instead, we made Reddit posts answering any questions people had, we released videos clearly showing what we were doing and how we were doing it, and we then brought in guild leaders from other guilds in order to show them first hand how it was done.

It is up for you to decide if this makes us *** or not. Personally, I take pride in knowing that at the end of the day, we were at least somewhat responsible for helping this game grow, especially when it comes to end game content.

In addition, people cite our actions in Cyrodiil as reasons to dislike us. Alacrity as a guild has never done anything shady. We utilize mechanics that are in the game. We didn't "troll camp" people in Cyrodiil. We've never utilized one shot bugs that plague the battleground. The only thing that you can accuse us of is using Dragon Leap to place a forward camp behind enemy gates. We did it once. It was said to not be an exploit by Zenimax. We get that the community looked down on it, but again - this was a one time deal. If you want to chastise us for that, go for it, I guess. I get to go to bed at night knowing that we've done a lot to contribute to the benefit of the game.

Lastly, if you've had a bad experience with one of our members, let us know. But please do not assume that one bad experience with one of our members instantly makes us all out to be ***. Think about whether or not any of your members are slightly less than upstanding, and determine if you think its fair that your entire guild be judged by them. We do our best to keep our reputation clean. Sometimes people make a fool of themselves. Sorry.

Sincerely,

Dyvith

Former Guild Master and Founder of Alacrity
    Edited by Dyvith on September 21, 2014 5:37AM
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyvith wrote: »
    When we did this, we had two options - we could have profited massively based on our choke hold on the market for things like the Warlock set. After all, no one was clearing the content and we could clear the entire thing in under fifteen minutes, however that isn't what we did

Thank you! However, it does show how badly this game was (still is) balanced and why it's been a gold sellers dream and would have continued to be one, if there's been the audience to sell to.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • X_riven
    X_riven
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it was a fun experience pushing to be first.
    -BladesOfGlory
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself after doing Dragonstar Arena for 10 hours straight.

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    OMG that's so ridiculous ...

First of all its funny that you don't pay attention to what we did on pts ...

1. The boss was close to not killable at the PTS when we did the world first, that was confirmed by ZOS.
    2. You guys tried hard to beat him on PTS but failed (look into the thread)
    3. after we streamed it and showed the tactic you going to beat it on live, so where is the skill?
    4. Fairplay is also part of esports guys, so is it not fair that you are already lvl 14 and did normal mode run clear when we Europe guys are even not having up the server again.
    5. you guys know that on twitch you can see the ppl who are watching the stream. you are definitely a liar ....

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on September 21, 2014 5:52PM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself after doing Dragonstar Arena for 10 hours straight.

yes of course talking about smth you didn't see and tried my friend

• BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Alacrity for World First, congratulations to HODOR for EU First! You did great job! What about the loot? Show us loot =)
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG that's so ridiculous ...

First of all its funny that you don't pay attention to what we did on pts ...

1. The boss was close to not killable at the PTS when we did the world first, that was confirmed by ZOS.
    2. You guys tried hard to beat him on PTS but failed (look into the thread)
    3. after we streamed it and showed the tactic you going to beat it on live, so where is the skill?
    4. Fairplay is also part of esports guys, so is it not fair that you are already lvl 14 and did normal mode run clear when we Europe guys are even not having up the server again.
    5. you are really ignorant
    6. entropy had class but u guys don't have it.
    7. you guys know that on twitch you can see the ppl who are watching the stream. you are definitely a liar ....

Enjoy your selfcreated fame for 5 mins because all players with skill and brain will understand that you achieved nothing, just a horrible kill on an easier encounter than before. you even did nothing for the players to enjoy the content now like it is...

BTW you really need to show off ... I would be shamed If we need to point out that we cleared arena normal mode, but you need also to mention that you are DOUBLE FORMER EMPRESS ...

Just to make you angry

HODOR WORLD FIRST ARENA CLEAR 1st September
    HODOR WORLD FIRST LIVE (technically 13 hours 55 min before NA Guild)
    HODOR WORLD FIRST EUROPE

HOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Should I make a thread to shout this out ... no we don't need that ;)

Such class.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GG Hodor for world First! And GG Aclarity for beating it eventually!
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They didn't do it for 10 straight hours, the time increases each time you rez, by I believe 5 mins and you can rez up to 100 times(if live is the same as PTS was.)

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

This discussion has been closed.