The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alacrity kills Dragonstar Arena Veteran [World First]

Tripwyr
Tripwyr
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry for the low quality shots, I didn't realize until after that my settings were still on low.

EDIT: Our final time excluding death penalty was 2 hours 47 minutes. We were not in Dragonstar for over 9 hours.

Imgur Album

y4upmL4.png
GPuWOCp.jpg
6pQuVzw.jpg
Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to our guys that put in the effort to finish this place, it was a fantastic effort from Zenimax and if this is the way PvE keeps going we are really going to have some interesting stuff ahead off us, the increase in difficulty from the pts to live is fantastic.

Good luck to everyone still progressing on it!
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • tinyt
    tinyt
    ✭✭
    Amazing job guys, so proud of yall . Alacrity Ftw!
    Pre nerf/Point System Purple 27m SO world record holders/NA first HM SO Clear

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of army of sheep led by a lion."
    "Arguing with people on forums Is like playing chess with a pigeon , .. No matter how good you are , the bird is going to sh*t on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, congratulations!
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job by ZOS. Really fun and challenging trial. I seriously hope they consider adding more 4man arena challenge content in the future. So much fun. Now repping the title Boethiah's Scythe :)
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats guys, not an easy task.
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Gents, knew you had it in you ;). It really is great content and I am enjoying the small man dungeons more than trials for sure. Now time to shave some time off that world first ;)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats. =)

We are still on last boss
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus christ, 10 hours?

Probably not even on my to-do list at this point. The normal one can take over an hour, two even, but 10? Sick.

Edit to add: I aint bagging on your accomplishment at all, no. Thats a well done there, its the fact it took 10 hours to do. -.- If DSAV takes 10 hours for one of the better guilds out there, whats that say for anyone else that goes for it. Id rather not spend literal days in one place.
    Edited by Rylana on September 20, 2014 10:56PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Gratz guys ... you have been 5 min earlier :)

GJ Madini, Whiteclaw, Mystwyn and Ortie .... great work

rR3UfaT.jpg

Picture

But we beated your time a little bit ^^

But Last Boss is easy compared to pts ... there is only one world first ^^

So HODOR
    World First Arena Normal
    World First Arena Veteran
    World Second Arena Veteran Liveserver
    Europe First Arena Veteran Liveserver

Madini HODOR Guild
    Edited by TheMast3r on September 21, 2014 11:42PM
  • rashkosh127ub17_ESO
    Rylana wrote: »
    Jesus christ, 10 hours?

Probably not even on my to-do list at this point. The normal one can take over an hour, two even, but 10? Sick.

Edit to add: I aint bagging on your accomplishment at all, no. Thats a well done there, its the fact it took 10 hours to do. -.- If DSAV takes 10 hours for one of the better guilds out there, whats that say for anyone else that goes for it. Id rather not spend literal days in one place.

erm.. every rez adds 5 mins to the timer
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    World First Arena Normal

I respect you guys, you're good players. However, you got World first Arena PTS, we got World First Veteran Arena.

Live server is the competition, PTS is the test. The arena changed completely between PTS and final live release.

EDIT: I just noticed this comment:
    But Last Boss is easy compared to pts ... there is only one world first ^^

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Welcome to the world of competitive MMOs where nobody cares who kills bosses on the PTS. You're correct, there is only one world first, and we beat you to it.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 20, 2014 11:35PM

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    World First Arena Normal

I respect you guys, you're good players. However, you got World first Arena PTS, we got World First Veteran Arena.

Live server is the competition, PTS is the test. The arena changed completely between PTS and final live release.

Is that how it works? You redefine the competition to whatever is convenient for you...

I respect you guys as players, but you post some insane stuff. Anyways, how did you manage to have time to beat this, having to confirm delete on all those ingame mails?
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »
    World First Arena Normal

Is that how it works? You redefine the competition to whatever is convenient for you...

I respect you guys as players, but you post some insane stuff. Anyways, how did you manage to have time to beat this, having to confirm delete on all those ingame mails?

There is a documentary called "World First" I recommend you watch it.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

I understand that but we had the discussion already on the pts forum and all the important guilds agreed that the world first is on pts ... just u guys have a different opinion ;)

Yes it changed ... the last boss is much easier than on the pts before they bugged him.... even ZOS confirmed that

Anyway ... its just a game

Madini ^^
  • Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    Good job, its about time Alacrity did something... Congrats to you too Hodor! We at DaFunk love you most <3
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that but we had the discussion already on the pts forum and all the important guilds agreed that the world first is on pts ... just u guys have a different opinion ;)

Yes it changed ... the last boss is much easier than on the pts before they bugged him.... even ZOS confirmed that

Madini ^^

We'll remember that when a boss is released on PTS accidentally with 100 health.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 21, 2014 12:03AM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also good Job Hodor. I still remember the first run on PTS with your guys :P
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Welcome to the world of competitive MMOs where nobody cares who kills bosses on the PTS. You're correct, there is only one world first, and we beat you to it.

Lol we are not competing with you guys ... we don't care about u!!! If we wanted to kill it we could do it much earlier because its easier .... look at your time and look at our time ... ;)

World First Arena ... we did it

You did it 3 weeks later ;)

Madini Hodor

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Also good Job Hodor. I still remember the first run on PTS with your guys :P

Thank you :) yes that was funny

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol we are not competing with you guys ... we don't care about u!!! If we wanted to kill it we could do it much earlier because its easier .... look at your time and look at our time ... ;)

Madini Hodor

Oh we know, that is why we took so long to kill it. This was only our fourth time in DSAV, and only our third time reaching the boss. We knew that you've never played an MMO at a competitive level and as cute as it is that you believe PTS matters, it doesn't. Welcome to the real world of competitive MMOs.

EDIT: I would again encourage you to watch the documentary "Race To World First" documenting the competitive world of MMO progression raiding.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 21, 2014 12:01AM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭
    How well is that PTS loot working for you?
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Madini ^^

You tested the test content... We beat the actual content that matters. How is this hard to understand. I don't see your achievement from the PTS on your actual character -_-. Most people didn't play the PTS because it doesn't even matter. If it was easier than the PTS and you knew how to beat every boss, how did you not beat it before us when half our group never touched the PTS, and it was only our third time in vet Dragonstar? I don't even think we touched it one night.
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO

Madini Hodor

Oh we know, that is why we took so long to kill it. This was only our fourth time in DSAV, and only our third time reaching the boss. We knew that you've never played an MMO at a competitive level and as cute as it is that you believe PTS matters, it doesn't. Welcome to the real world of competitive MMOs.

I hate to be the one stating the obvious here but since no one else is, the job is left to me. World of Warcraft is the MMO that set the standard. With that being said, the website that tracks the kills for that MMO gives the EU the difference of the however long it takes for their servers to go live. Do the math and figure out who won. PTS makes a difference only for the knowledge they gained to take their skills to live also which means claiming anything about world first PTS might be great and all when PTS is live but as soon as servers go live, most of the PTS numbers are normally forgotten.

Live is what matters and if you want to be competitive you have to play by the same rules.
    Edited by ericprydz82ub17_ESO on September 21, 2014 12:09AM
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

EDIT: I would again encourage you to watch the documentary "Race To World First" documenting the competitive world of MMO progression raiding.

Yes you are the best .... even when everybody else has different opinion your is the one which counts ...

Yes I never played mmo before, 100 % im playing longer online games than you are on the world but don't care ... link me again the documentary ^^

Btw not welcome to competitive MMOS, because ESO is far far away from competitive. But you know that ... which guild u played for in wow?

And you can use that in your signature I don't really care, I dont use one, so if you feel better just state it like u did, im fine with that ^^

Edited by TheMast3r on September 21, 2014 12:09AM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    jaebdub wrote: »

Nice quote ^^ nobody cares about the loot its about finding out the mechanics and a strategy to kill the boss ... but what im telling you

And I saw how well you guys did on the pts ... did u reach the last boss??

And after our Videos and even Stage 10 Bossfight was livestreamed ... great job guys u did so well ...
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭

Nice quote ^^ nobody cares about the loot its about finding out the mechanics and a strategy to kill the boss ... but what im telling you

And after our Videos and even Stage 10 Bossfight was livestreamed ... great job guys u did so well ...

I didn't participate on the pts. Instead I was working on my live character. But to be frank, I think everyone cares about the loot.
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We warned you before you livestreamed, but we did not watch your stream. Yes, we did reach the last boss.

EDIT: The orange text on my post above is a link to the documentary.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 21, 2014 12:19AM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Madini Hodor

I hate to be the one stating the obvious here but since no one else is, the job is left to me. World of Warcraft is the MMO that set the standard. With that being said, the website that tracks the kills for that MMO gives the EU the difference of the however long it takes for their servers to go live. Do the math and figure out who won. PTS makes a difference only for the knowledge they gained to take their skills to live also which means claiming anything about world first PTS might be great and all when PTS is live but as soon as servers go live, most of the PTS numbers are normally forgotten.

Live is what matters and if you want to be competitive you have to play by the same rules.

;) I didn't wanted to mention that but that's obvious EU Server is coming online 14 hours later that NA Server ... so congratz guys for world 2nd and hope that no other EU guild is killing it in the next 11,5 hours

Edited by TheMast3r on September 21, 2014 12:22AM
  • Atrahasis
    Atrahasis
    ✭✭
    This has been entertaining :smiley:
    Congrats to both of you.
    I would agree though that to count world first you have to go with live server. Pts is for testing. Live server has the leader board and achievement.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

You tested the test content... We beat the actual content that matters. How is this hard to understand. I don't see your achievement from the PTS on your actual character -_-. Most people didn't play the PTS because it doesn't even matter. If it was easier than the PTS and you knew how to beat every boss, how did you not beat it before us when half our group never touched the PTS, and it was only our third time in vet Dragonstar? I don't even think we touched it one night.

Just to make sure we beat it on live already check the screenshot ...

We beated it in a much better time than u guys and dont forget that EU Server is going online 14 hours later ... so if u want to play it like in WOW than sorry we did the world first ... hope that no other EU Guild is beating it in the next 11,5 hours

Edited by TheMast3r on September 21, 2014 12:28AM
This discussion has been closed.