Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.2.5 PATCH NOTES !

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    no mention about fix for missing black hair colour for Altmer, how hard is it to implement? 3 months, new patch and still missing? it smells like false advertising to me!

can anyone on NA server check for me if there is black hair colour for Altmer?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS and their affinity for the vague and uninformitive. /sigh
    Patchnotes wrote:
    Silent Village: Fixed an issue where the bears associated with this quest would not follow you after they were bound.

My problem is that I couldn't get the bloody things to aggro on me at all, couldn't bind them without "weakening" them and they'd just stand there looking vacant and doing nowt.

Same. They don't work before they are bound. Who even knows how / if they were also bugged after being bound... :(
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Monsters have 3 and only 3 things which make them "challenging":
    - the amount & frequency of damage they deal to you
    - the amount of health they have
    - any special abilities (immunity to CC, or other special things)

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

This is obvious, but apparently, not to everyone.

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of telling us what you guys actually did?

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.

Does this include worldbosses? Public dungeons? Delves? Dolmens? Are the veteran dungeons affected? is Craglorn affected? Questions questions

• onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.

Tomorrow's Lotto numbers are: 7 12 18 21 23 36 39

:D
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

Thank you

:kissing_heart:
    Edited by Phantax on July 7, 2014 2:48PM
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Implemented a fix that will marginally reduce the server lag while in Cyrodiil.

ok, this is what was done to help the fps in cryodiil?
    seriously?

definition of marginally:

1. Of, relating to, located at, or constituting a margin, a border, or an edge: the marginal strip of beach; a marginal issue that had no bearing on the election results.
    2. Being adjacent geographically: states marginal to Canada.
    3. Written or printed in the margin of a book: marginal notes.
    4. Barely within a lower standard or limit of quality: marginal writing ability; eked out a marginal existence.
    5. Economics
    a. Having to do with enterprises that produce goods or are capable of producing goods at a rate that barely covers production costs.

um .... wow, ok then ....

This might be a great improvement. Some of the nerfs were worded as "slightly reduced" in the past where slightly meant "a lot".

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording there tells me they've done exactly nothing about the FPS issue which they identified in other areas as a memory leak.

This is a kiss of death for PvP. What a shame. I had an absolute blast in PvP in this game. I can't see it recovering the numbers from here. :(

This is false, it was never identified as a memory leak, and it absolutely could not be a memory leak, because the only way to clear a memory leak is to restart the client, but you could reset your FPS with a simple character logout/login, which does not restart the client. So, that ruled out memory leak 2 weeks ago.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1071080

Do I see the words memory leak? hm, must be imagining it. Swing and a miss.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on July 7, 2014 2:51PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Denaia wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Does this include worldbosses? Public dungeons? Delves? Dolmens? Are the veteran dungeons affected? is Craglorn affected? Questions questions

It does include World Bosses, Public Dungeons, and Delves. It does not include Veteran Dungeons or Craglorn. Hope this helps!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "small performance improvements that may result in better FPS for some"
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing stuff in Alik'r, there is definitely a difference
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Only the 2nd and 3rd VR zone were made easier.....funny cuz I made past those areas almost a month ago, and honestly the areas don't get actually hard until about VR4. I'm half way through the 5th VRzone right now
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "small performance improvements that may result in better FPS for some"
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

hahahahahaha good one

• Javlad
    Javlad
    Soul Shriven

What about their armor/spell penetration?
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

It does include World Bosses, Public Dungeons, and Delves. It does not include Veteran Dungeons or Craglorn. Hope this helps!

Is there any chance for a percentage aswell? Would give some insight in how it has exactly changed.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

At least now a lot of the nah-sayers can't complain about group VR being ruined. Actually sounds like Zeni got something right. (still waiting for feedback from the NA server as to 'IF' its all good though !

;)
    Edited by Phantax on July 7, 2014 2:54PM
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording there tells me they've done exactly nothing about the FPS issue which they identified in other areas as a memory leak.

This is a kiss of death for PvP. What a shame. I had an absolute blast in PvP in this game. I can't see it recovering the numbers from here. :(

This is false, it was never identified as a memory leak, and it absolutely could not be a memory leak, because the only way to clear a memory leak is to restart the client, but you could reset your FPS with a simple character logout/login, which does not restart the client. So, that ruled out memory leak 2 weeks ago.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1071080

Do I see the words memory leak? hm, must be imagining it. Swing and a miss.

That's from a forum moderator responding to a direct question, not a Dev saying what the actual problem was.

And as I already stated, its 100% verified impossible that the FPS issue (specifically) is caused by a memory leak, because you can fix FPS with logout/login. That doesn't mean there isn't ALSO a memory leak, but it does mean 100% guaranteed verified provable that the FPS issue was not due to a memory leak.
  • jquestb16_ESO2
    Good stuff ;)
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno. :)
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel like my life is threatened by an assassin beetle anymore. thank goodness
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They just said the marginally fixed cyrodill lag as an attempt to prevent further sub drops. They are hoping their lies buy them more time. They fail to realize that their gamers have brains. Only thing that matters is if it is fixed or not marginal fixes means nothing.

I am curious about these so called visual effect fixes as this would impact the fps issue more. But being so vague my guess is it's more bs. A definitive fix would say we found x was severely reducing fps so we did x to correct the issue.

In summary sounds like zeni wet more paper towels and started throwing them at the wall again hoping one would stick.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Implemented a fix that will marginally reduce the server lag while in Cyrodiil.

ok, this is what was done to help the fps in cryodiil?
    seriously?

definition of marginally:

1. Of, relating to, located at, or constituting a margin, a border, or an edge: the marginal strip of beach; a marginal issue that had no bearing on the election results.
    2. Being adjacent geographically: states marginal to Canada.
    3. Written or printed in the margin of a book: marginal notes.
    4. Barely within a lower standard or limit of quality: marginal writing ability; eked out a marginal existence.
    5. Economics
    a. Having to do with enterprises that produce goods or are capable of producing goods at a rate that barely covers production costs.

um .... wow, ok then ....
    This has to do with server side lag, nothing to do with the 1.2 fps issue. Idk if you guys have noticed, but they fixed server lag in Cyrodiil.

The patch note dealing with FPS is the "lingering effects" one.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is false. It was identified as a memory leak in a thread by ZOS reps.

Perhaps they were wrong but that's what we were told. They identified (paraphrasing) "a memory leak and a handful of issues" that were causing the FPS problems.

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Only the 2nd and 3rd VR zone were made easier.....funny cuz I made past those areas almost a month ago, and honestly the areas don't get actually hard until about VR4. I'm half way through the 5th VRzone right now

No. The 2nd and 3rd Factions. Which encompasses all of V1 - V10.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind..
    Edited by TheBull on July 7, 2014 2:57PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good! They finally fixed "And Throw Away The Key" quest in Shadowfen. "Final Release" is still uncompletable, though. :(
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

At least now a lot of the nah-sayers can't complain about group VR being ruined. Actually sounds like Zeni got something right. (still waiting for feedback from the NA server as to 'IF' its all good though !

;)

I don't think anyone actually cared about Craglorn or the dungeons, its the quest´s that matter for people ;)
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps they were wrong but that's what we were told. They identified (paraphrasing) "a memory leak and a handful of issues" that were causing the FPS problems.

Shh, this guy clearly fancies himself the arbiter of these forums. He clearly knows more than the ZoS representatives and the numerous players reporting the memory leak.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

So still no way to solo to level cap, VR12.

I see.

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 7, 2014 3:01PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing stuff in Alik'r, there is definitely a difference

That's where I first truly started having trouble with invisible mobs killing me out of the blue (only got worse as I proceeded to Bangkorai). Did you have that problem, and is it gone now?
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shh, this guy clearly fancies himself the arbiter of these forums. He clearly knows more than the ZoS representatives and the numerous players reporting the memory leak.

Yet, 1.2.5 contains no "memory leak" fix. Hmmm.....