The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.2.5 PATCH NOTES !

• Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After these changes to VR content I'll be glad when the next latest and greatest MMO is released.

Hopefully the L2P'ers and l33tist MMO crowd (ie minority) will go and stroke their epeens somewhere else while I stay right here :)

Thumbs up to Zos for what they have done.
    Edited by Lunerdog on July 7, 2014 3:50PM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    craiglorn mobs are easier too
    More stuff for me to test! Hooboy, this'll be fun.

If I can get through Craglorn quests solo... as a stamina build in heavy armor ... then it's probably been nerfed a little hard.
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Monsters have 3 and only 3 things which make them "challenging":
    - the amount & frequency of damage they deal to you
    - the amount of health they have
    - any special abilities (immunity to CC, or other special things)

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

This is obvious, but apparently, not to everyone.

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of telling us what you guys actually did?

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.

Thank you!

This may be the beginning of veteran levels being fun.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went in for a stroll with my VR8 NB. I facetanked mobs of 3 I would sometimes have a little trouble with before. Just walked in with DW-flurry equipped and spammed it.

I stood in the archer circles and facetanked mobs. No problems. I didn't block or dodge. I once broke a stun out of habit. Oops.

Using my bow I just used left mouse. No abilities. Nothing got near me. You can complete VR content with a bow and nothing in your ability bar now. Awesome!

The only problem I had was groups with healers. They're still as powerful with their healing. By problem I mean I had to actually look at the screen.

All you templars who quit the game because you couldn't biting-jabs-facetank 100% of content: please return. Your demands have been met.
  • waylander48
    waylander48
    ✭✭
    may be the start of vet levels being populated.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    XP is the same
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS have come back from a long weekend with a hang over and they're just trolling us with these patch notes.

A marginal improvement when you're only getting 3fps is no improvement at all.

"it remains our number one priority" yet they still had time to dumb down vet zones.

IF sorting out the fps issues was really the number one priority why isn't anyone from the senior team coming to the forums to make that statement; why aren't we getting commitments and daily updates with something more substantial than these vague assurances that aren't delivered on.

I understand things are complicated but please ZOS give us some credit and treat us like adults and stop treating us like mushrooms --> kept in the dark and fed manure!!
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    Csub wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Does this include vet dungeons? Or just the surface world?

I'm worried either way, either vet dungeons will be too easy now or players will be completely unprepared for them.

She wrote that it does affect surface world and delves, world bosses, but not group dungeons or craglorn or trials.

which means they wont expect it to be uber hard.

This is whats going to happen now:

Players can solo, or almost solo, dolmens, which gives BIG exp.
    Thats not the problem. It messes with the nice groups that has been forming on EU server. Not so many players are needed for that now....

The same player will now get a dungeon group, and instantly die. Sending the same feedback to Zenimax, as they did before. The dungeon is to hard.

If Zeni, can stops here, and keep the player base, then Alright.
    If they have to keep "tweaking" down so much again, and again, to keep players that we do need for ESO. *Silence*

After consider why Zenimax possibly did this, I do not blame them. Without players, we have no ESO.

:(

I am not sure if it will work out like that to be honest :(

I believe that the crying will happen in regards of "they don't take me in their trial group", "I die in dungeons all the time", "my class was kicked from dungeon" ...

A lot of these things will come from unprepared and unsocial players that made it to VR 12 solo while skipping any group activities. In the end we cant even blame them, as its obvious they had no chance to learn :(

This will cause the same issue´s that Cata had. First they nerf the quest´s, then they nerf the dungeons, then the raids and in the end people will start to complain about missing content as they reach the final content faster than new one can be supplied.

In my opinion they should had made the whole VR content even more optional than it already was. People could already get to VR 12 solo and in Craglorn by "leeching" or by pvp (ok now with the fps lag this is tough), so that for learning purpose VR 1-10 should stay.

Now we lack the learning curve and dungeons are tough, especially if people are inexperienced and unfortunately many wont have the patience to teach them :(
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    I just went in for a stroll with my VR8 NB. I facetanked mobs of 3 I would sometimes have a little trouble with before. Just walked in with DW-flurry equipped and spammed it.

I stood in the archer circles and facetanked mobs. No problems. I didn't block or dodge. I once broke a stun out of habit. Oops.

Using my bow I just used left mouse. No abilities. Nothing got near me. You can complete VR content with a bow and nothing in your ability bar now. Awesome!

The only problem I had was groups with healers. They're still as powerful with their healing. By problem I mean I had to actually look at the screen.

All you templars who quit the game because you couldn't biting-jabs-facetank 100% of content: please return. Your demands have been met.
    If this is true then I think the game has just died for many.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh the drama! The game is dead!!!!
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunerdog wrote: »
    After these changes to VR content I'll be glad when the next latest and greatest MMO is released.

Hopefully the L2P'ers and l33tist MMO crowd (ie minority) will go and stroke their epeens somewhere else while I stay right here :)

And I'll be happy when the next TES game releases and all the button mashing, flower picking, have to go solo players leave so that we can have a real MMO.
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am quite dissapointed with the change. It was promised to be a small change but it seems to be a rather big one. Now it's back to 1-50 difficulty which I did not enjoy at all and being bored to tears on vr 12 soon.

Dunno if I am going to continue, this is an absolute *** move. 5-10% nerf would have made me happy but 33 to 50%? That is absolutely insane.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »
    Lunerdog wrote: »

And I'll be happy when the next TES game releases and all the button mashing, flower picking, have to go solo players leave so that we can have a real MMO.

Lol.

I knew an L2P'er wouldn't be able to resist :)

Learn to make the game difficult for yourself if that's what you desire.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    I am quite dissapointed with the change. It was promised to be a small change but it seems to be a rather big one. Now it's back to 1-50 difficulty which I did not enjoy at all and being bored to tears on vr 12 soon.

Dunno if I am going to continue, this is an absolute *** move. 5-10% nerf would have made me happy but 33 to 50%? That is absolutely insane.

We've had 1 report that states about 33% its hardly concrete evidence. Some of these other 'encounters' seem very much exaggerated frankly. Most likely by the same nah-sayers that QQ'd as soon as the changes were announced !

The server has been up like 30 mins and already people are quitting ! Try waiting, and getting an overall evaluation of the facts and not just displaying knee-jerk reactions to a small number of posts !

:O
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Razour wrote: »
    ZOS have come back from a long weekend with a hang over and they're just trolling us with these patch notes.

A marginal improvement when you're only getting 3fps is no improvement at all.

"it remains our number one priority" yet they still had time to dumb down vet zones.

IF sorting out the fps issues was really the number one priority why isn't anyone from the senior team coming to the forums to make that statement; why aren't we getting commitments and daily updates with something more substantial than these vague assurances that aren't delivered on.

I understand things are complicated but please ZOS give us some credit and treat us like adults and stop treating us like mushrooms --> kept in the dark and fed manure!!

To be fair this was probably an intelligent move...if people can't RvR then make leveling up easier while they fix RvR.

They pretty much said RvR was not going to be fixed this patch already. why this is a surprise go many is beyond me.

Those complaining about vet areas being too easy never played in them anyways as the zones are empty. This might actually populate the zones a little more now. This might bring back some casual gamers they lost.

Not a terrible idea for zeni.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair this was probably an intelligent move...if people can't RvR then make leveling up easier while they fix RvR.

They pretty much said RvR was not going to be fixed this patch already. why this is a surprise go many is beyond me.

Those complaining about vet areas being too easy never played in them anyways as the zones are empty. This might actually populate the zones a little more now. This might bring back some casual gamers they lost.

Not a terrible idea for zeni.

What he said ^^
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. The zones have to be easier because of the lack of people.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I You can complete VR content with a bow and nothing in your ability bar now. Awesome!

This one thinks you erect the spine of exaggeration !
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the drama! The game is dead!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

;)
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.

Blanket balancing. Nice.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

No problems. I didn't block or dodge. I once broke a stun out of habit. Oops.

Oh, well thats good for continuity then. Now those that purposely avoid using block, dodge and interrupt will have easy, smooth gameplay times on their way to V+11-12...yup.

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This would be correct if Casual Gamers actually left ESO due VR, which is very questionable at this point.

Most Casuals don't mind a challenge, they just play less.

I will never understand where that prejudice came from that Casuals cant count to three and fail at gaming all the time.

Most people that left did so because they didn't like the game, maybe they wanted a hardcore MMO like WS, or they wanted a solo MMO like WOW. We will never know, but to assume that every Casual left doesn't hold much ground.

Another aspect is, why play VR´s in group if no group is needed? It could end up with the same mess that 1-50 is, where nobody plays together :( That's quite sad for an MMO don't you think?

And once people are through the VR´s, they will hit a brick wall at dungeons and trials and we all know how patient people are if "newbies" are around. *kick*
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That wasn't why they were empty. And we are about to see just how wrong ZOS have been here. Do you really think the vet zones will be buzzing with activity next week? No because its was the content itself that put people off. Not the difficulty.
    Edited by Hilgara on July 7, 2014 4:22PM
  • Danisheraser
    Danisheraser
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you zenimax. You gave in to the carebears. Pathetic. The game is far too easy now. Ffs mmo's needs to be difficult and challenging, or people will get bored in no time. You are killing the game with this stupid nerf
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Blanket balancing. Nice.

Personally I think it's nice to see Zeni making such a sweeping adjustment, better than all the fart-arsed tweeks they have done so far.
    OK it may not be just right, but as I said earlier... MMO - Entity - balancing - time !
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭

Any reason you're picking on templars...?

• onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »

That wasn't why they were empty. And we are about to see just how wrong ZOS have been here. Do you really think the vet zones will be buzzing with activity next week? No because its was the content itself that out people off. Not the difficulty.

I, for one, will be taking my chars to the vet zones after this fix BECAUSE it was the difficulty that put me off. So, even though anecdotal, I am at least the exception that disproves your statement.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »

That wasn't why they were empty. And we are about to see just how wrong ZOS have been here. Do you really think the vet zones will be buzzing with activity next week? No because its was the content itself that put people off. Not the difficulty.

Agreed, in addition to the fact that a large population is still leveling up in 1-50. THEY HAVEN'T GOT THERE TO V+ YET.

• Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »

This is one thing I have been wondering. Why would MMO people think that MMO based on ES would be the one that finally offers some good hard MMO.

You have to realize that everyone that has loved previous ES games from 10 year old to grand dad will be trying this out and suddenly it would be the perfect title to make some nice difficult game?
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

This would be correct if Casual Gamers actually left ESO due VR, which is very questionable at this point.

Most Casuals don't mind a challenge, they just play less.

I will never understand where that prejudice came from that Casuals cant count to three and fail at gaming all the time.

Most people that left did so because they didn't like the game, maybe they wanted a hardcore MMO like WS, or they wanted a solo MMO like WOW. We will never know, but to assume that every Casual left doesn't hold much ground.

Another aspect is, why play VR´s in group if no group is needed? It could end up with the same mess that 1-50 is, where nobody plays together :( That's quite sad for an MMO don't you think?

And once people are through the VR´s, they will hit a brick wall at dungeons and trials and we all know how patient people are if "newbies" are around. *kick*

'Casuals' is just an excuse word elitist jerks use to justify their obsession with their epeens. Casuals make the greater % of players in most mainstream MMOs.
    ESO was never intended to be a niche game, anybody (elite or otherwise) that thinks it was way as well leave now, because they are going to be disappointed !

;)