The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.2.5 PATCH NOTES !

• VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Blanket balancing. Nice.
    I didn't even know there were blankets, much less that they were unbalanced.

You're doing it wrong, too.... a proper complaint here must end in the words "...or I'll cancel my sub" or "...or you will lose subs" to be worthy of attention, apparently.

What they really need to do is have each player fitted with an implant that reads individual desires direct from your brain when you log in and then loads the game according to your specific needs. Anything less and they run the risk of upsetting someone.

Come on ZOS, didn't you know you can please everybody? You're not trying hard enough.

This is, in fact, the only MMO that has held my attention for more than a couple of weeks (yes I play with equal enthusiasm in PvE and Cyrodiil, did some stuff solo and grouped for other stuff). According to popular opinion (??) that says more about my mental stability than it does about the game. Shame on me.
    Edited by VagabondAngel on July 7, 2014 4:27PM
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craiglorn mobs are easier too

seems so, just so slightly, but helps.
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »
    Agreed, in addition to the fact that a large population is still leveling up in 1-50. THEY HAVEN'T GOT THERE TO V+ YET.

Both my active and inactive guilds have a minimum of one-third to one-half of a guild population in veteran ranks (probably more, since people who are marked as being on a level 3 character on the guild roster could be on an alt but still a veteran character too). Some ~800-900 people out of 1700 in my guilds are at VR1 or above.

Anecdotal evidence, perhaps, and not a good random sample or something you'd want to put in a research paper (4 of the guilds were made in March/April/May and 1 guild replaces inactive players), but just saying...
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 7, 2014 4:30PM
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the VR zones should be generally challenging. I mean, there should be a balance. Combat dificulty is one thing, but for example quests should also provide other ways to challenge players, e.g. puzzles, decisions, etc. Challenging mobs should be mainly in dungeons and especially in group dungeons.
    ZOS also promised to bring more content every 4-6 weeks and players should find new challenges there.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Vuron wrote: »
    And I'll be happy when the next TES game releases and all the button mashing, flower picking, have to go solo players leave so that we can have a real MMO.

This is one thing I have been wondering. Why would MMO people think that MMO based on ES would be the one that finally offers some good hard MMO.

You have to realize that everyone that has loved previous ES games from 10 year old to grand dad will be trying this out and suddenly it would be the perfect title to make some nice difficult game?

Dunno, aside from all the interviews with devs, forum fansites, forward promos about TESO etc for two+ years delineating that soloing would be very viable in 1-50 areas and that later content was meant for, and be successful more often in GROUPS. Thats why I bought and subbed, along with 13 others I've played alongside in other mmo's for years.

I know, I know, miscalculation on our part.

• demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FPS bandaid is helping for me. For now...
  • Nathano
    Nathano
    ✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »
    Yep. The zones have to be easier because of the lack of people.

That wasn't why they were empty. And we are about to see just how wrong ZOS have been here. Do you really think the vet zones will be buzzing with activity next week? No because its was the content itself that out people off. Not the difficulty.

I, for one, will be taking my chars to the vet zones after this fix BECAUSE it was the difficulty that put me off. So, even though anecdotal, I am at least the exception that disproves your statement.
    Same here. Haven't played the game in about 3 weeks and even then I would log in, do a few quests and quit due to frustration. Looking forward to the changes and who knows, I might re-sub if the changes make VR more fun :)
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    I You can complete VR content with a bow and nothing in your ability bar now. Awesome!

This one thinks you erect the spine of exaggeration !

Probably a little. I didn't try any boss fights but all the landscape trash (groups of up to 3) I encountered I had no problems. I had no bow abilities slotted on my bow bar - it was for levelling skills on quest turn-in.

• Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    The reason their patch wording sounds vague and unconfident about fixes every time is twofold. 1. There is always some corner case issue that will still be broken for someone or all. 2. They get. Rap from players when their wording is more solid and some issue is found.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kangas wrote: »
    The reason their patch wording sounds vague and unconfident about fixes every time is twofold. 1. There is always some corner case issue that will still be broken for someone or all. 2. They get. Rap from players when their wording is more solid and some issue is found.

When I have no idea whats going on, I too use vague wording.. When I am confident in my findings, I will go into detail. It has nothing to do with the rap from other players. We just call them out on it.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    I don't think the VR zones should be generally challenging. I mean, there should be a balance. Combat dificulty is one thing, but for example quests should also provide other ways to challenge players, e.g. puzzles, decisions, etc. Challenging mobs should be mainly in dungeons and especially in group dungeons.
    ZOS also promised to bring more content every 4-6 weeks and players should find new challenges there.

Sadly not everyone is looking for dungeons in an MMO, I certainly don't anymore :p and I also think that MMO´s are not just about dungeons, but the open world that you can discover.

I think the balance between dungeon and quests needs to be find, I know a lot of people who quit WOW due the lack of the latter. One of my friends she is a bit of a nerd, she leveled every Char to 60 in Vanilla and to 70 in TBC. At WOTLK she stopped after the second char, she said "its too easy".

Needless to say she left WOW for some other game. I wanted to bring her over to ESO, but with the nerf I already know what she would say *laughs*.

The issue with the content patches that you mentioned is simply put that they don't add stuff for non hardcore players / dungeon enthusiasts.

Where are those challenging quest lines and new stories for those that found fun in what VR was?

Its a really dangerous move by ZO, those not interested in dungeons are going to find themselves without content soon and then the outcry will be even larger than now after the nerf.

I know that many companies like to put the only "skill" into dungeons, but to me this is exactly what they do wrong since years and why MMO´s are not doing so well lately. Everyone goes F2P with one exception that lost 6 million subs, there is a reason for it.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »
    All you templars who quit the game because you couldn't biting-jabs-facetank 100% of content: please return. Your demands have been met.

Any reason you're picking on templars...?

Just personal experience - something I noted a while ago. When I first made it to the VR zones the people I saw having the most trouble were Templars who seemed to be used to facetanking everything with biting-jabs spam. They would try and fail over and over and never change tactics.

This doesn't mean they were the only ones having those "problems" of course but they were the only ones I ever saw. I've never seen a DK or a NB have trouble in VR zones. A few sorcs (surprisingly perhaps) and a LOT of templars.

Edited by ferzalrwb17_ESO on July 7, 2014 4:39PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Blanket balancing. Nice.
    I didn't even know there were blankets, much less that they were unbalanced.

You're doing it wrong, too.... a proper complaint here must end in the words "...or I'll cancel my sub" or "...or you will lose subs" to be worthy of attention, apparently.

What they really need to do is have each player fitted with an implant that reads individual desires direct from your brain when you log in and then loads the game according to your specific needs. Anything less and they run the risk of upsetting someone.

Come on ZOS, didn't you know you can please everybody? You're not trying hard enough.

This is, in fact, the only MMO that has held my attention for more than a couple of weeks (yes I play with equal enthusiasm in PvE and Cyrodiil, did some stuff solo and grouped for other stuff). According to popular opinion (??) that says more about my mental stability than it does about the game. Shame on me.

Pretty silly reply to a valid complaint.

Im happy you approve on blanket balancing and simply changing a few values as a solution to everyones problems. A better approach would have been to make smaller tweaks and specifically change some events that most people were complaining about.

• Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hooray!
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kangas wrote: »

so the idea is to be vague and pray players won't find out the real change? is that how it should be?
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Vuron wrote: »
    And I'll be happy when the next TES game releases and all the button mashing, flower picking, have to go solo players leave so that we can have a real MMO.

This is one thing I have been wondering. Why would MMO people think that MMO based on ES would be the one that finally offers some good hard MMO.

You have to realize that everyone that has loved previous ES games from 10 year old to grand dad will be trying this out and suddenly it would be the perfect title to make some nice difficult game?

Because that's how the game was marketed? Don't you remember every interview, video, and demonstration? They all showed and talked about competitive PvP, the difficult dungeons, group only content. Most of the videos that were released showed Fungal Grotto and many deaths or the hoards of players in PvP.

This notion that ZOS should cater to the TES crowd is short sighted and bad business practice. Do you think that Blizzard made WoW as successful as it is by only catering to the single player Warcraft players? At lauch, Blizzard mostly ignored the cries of the Warcraft players and created the MMO that they wanted, which just happened to become the most successful Western MMO in history. And, for the record, I didn't like WoW and only played for a month.
  • Karizza
    Karizza
    I have not noticed anything in the change of mobs since patch. They seem just as tough to kill. They are still in groups 2-3. They hit just as hard. Soloing VR content will not be any better IMO unless more is changed.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karizza wrote: »
    I have not noticed anything in the change of mobs since patch. They seem just as tough to kill. They are still in groups 2-3. They hit just as hard. Soloing VR content will not be any better IMO unless more is changed.

Are you on the NA server? You can't be serious if so.

Here's the strategy: Walk up to the mob(s). Mash a button. Win.

• ThiagoGimenes
    ThiagoGimenes
    Soul Shriven
    Where is a fix for Way of the Arena?
    Templar VR12 Full Healer
    Dragon Knight VR12 Full Tank
    Nightblade VR2 DPS
    Sorcerer VR5 DPS
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karizza wrote: »

The patch was supplied to the NA server, EU has not been patched yet.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Only VR1-VR3? Like I said yesterday, with ZOS, read what they say then subtract 50% and that's what they'll deliver.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1079548/#Comment_1079548

I guess in this case we needed to subtract 70% since only three of ten vet ranks were affected by the patch.
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, if anyone wants numbers. Health has been decreased by 16-17%... so regular enemies now should have health on par with or a few hundred points above the health of player characters. An unbuffed (no passives, enchants, foods, mundus, etc.) player with no attribute points in health should have ~1235-1345 health (VR1 to VR12 range). VR6 enemies now have >2100 health vs >2500 (the only comparison I could make with "before" screenshots).

Damage has been reduced 25-30%, so it makes a difference, but dungeon bosses' light attacks still hit as hard as or almost as hard as your ultimate (depending on ultimate, and the exceptions are the Soul Strike/Meteor/Dawnbreaker ultimates, which are now stronger than boss light attacks). Boss light attacks hit ~3-4 times as hard as your own light attacks and ~2 times as hard as your abilities (depending on ability). Boss "ultimates" are still more powerful than your own (more powerful by 16-17% compared to Meteor). This part was tested on a boss 2 VR levels below me, since it's the only death recap I had saved of a non-quest boss.
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 7, 2014 4:56PM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Only VR1-VR3? Like I said yesterday, with ZOS, read what they say then subtract 50% and that's what they'll deliver.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1079548/#Comment_1079548

I guess in this case we needed to subtract 70% since only three of ten vet ranks were affected by the patch.

2nd alliance zones are V1-V5 zones, 3rd alliance zones are V6-V10 zones, they lowered the difficulties in all VR zones.
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

No, this is not true. When they referred to 2nd and 3rd veteran alliance zones, they meant all of the zones in the 2nd and 3rd alliances (which are all veteran), and have not made changes to Craglorn. My VR6, VR7, and VR8 zones have been affected. I have compared before and after screenshots.

Edited by MeowGinger on July 7, 2014 4:55PM
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    please, let me repeat my request:
    can anyone on the NA server be so kind and check character creation for Altmer black hair. I wonder if the lack of it has been fixed or its still missing after 3 months.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Sorry, but wrong !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    please, let me repeat my request:
    can anyone on the NA server be so kind and check character creation for Altmer black hair. I wonder if the lack of it has been fixed or its still missing after 3 months.

sorry, no black hair color available for Altmer.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50.

What does this actually mean? So they lowered the difficulty of VR 2 and VR 3 zones? I am just more confused now than before :D

They don't mean silver and gold huh, as those are more zones in total.

1st alliance zone is the one you started in levels 1-50ish.
    2nd alliance zone is Caldwells silver quest ~ VR1 - VR5.
    3rd alliance zone is Caldwells gold quest ~ VR6 - VR10.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »
    All you templars who quit the game because you couldn't biting-jabs-facetank 100% of content: please return. Your demands have been met.

Any reason you're picking on templars...?

Just personal experience - something I noted a while ago. When I first made it to the VR zones the people I saw having the most trouble were Templars who seemed to be used to facetanking everything with biting-jabs spam. They would try and fail over and over and never change tactics.

This doesn't mean they were the only ones having those "problems" of course but they were the only ones I ever saw. I've never seen a DK or a NB have trouble in VR zones. A few sorcs (surprisingly perhaps) and a LOT of templars.

Based on my own experience, I've seen sorcs, NBs, and templars all having difficulty with VR content, and I have seen all four classes facetaking (or trying to), sometimes succeeding.

I would like to point out that while I can't speak for facetaking attempts, templars got a bit shafted in terms of non-health regen. The only templar magicka regen ability doesn't even cover the cost of that ability. I'm not sure how DPS output matches now, but until a recent patch that buffed the damage of several abilities, they were the weakest in terms of DPS output. (My point is: compared to the other classes, they run oom more easily and do less damage than (most?) other classes, therefore probably not being able to kill enemies as quickly, so when it becomes a question of time and sustainability, they got the short stick. Also, I could be wrong, but I don't know of any multi-target CCs besides maybe Blinding Light/Pulse.)

I, too, have facetanked... when playing with one hand and using the other to eat a sandwich
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 7, 2014 5:08PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't feel like my life is threatened by an assassin beetle anymore. thank goodness

Or 3 skeevers lol
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."