Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Comprehensive Provisioning Issues

• Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, it would be a welcome change if Veteran zones would offer higher tiered ingredients, and preferably ingredients that are specific to your own alliance from a gameplay perspective (even if I tend to prefer regional immersion). Also, I would love to see fishing work hand-in-hand with provisioning. Would give me a reason to keep all those otherwise aggravating inventory-hogging crawlers and worms.

Likewise, I feel purple recipes seem especially rare, perhaps more than they were intended to be. I've only acquired one Purple recipe (Consummate Ash-Slake Ale) about a week or two ago, and I had been playing the game for roughly six or more hours a day since early access, with numerous days dedicated to looting various containers. I have all these ingredients for Purple recipes, but they're just getting moldy and fuzzy in my vault.
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
    Options
  • tao.sigmab16_ESO
    tao.sigmab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So it's been almost a month since this (great) post, and just as long since we got an official nod that something is indeed wrong.

I'm still not getting coherent materials for any recipes (other than the occasional level 1 Goat Nibble) via looting in VR zones or hireling mail...nor am I getting any recipes to match the materials I do get.

Can I assume that this issue has fallen by the wayside and isn't being looked at?
    Or am I just doing something wrong?
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they seriously see the uselessness of drinks. Survivability doesn't go up nearly as much as with food items, and stamina/magica food items increase the damage you deal. Can't get that with drinks.

I think we should be able to have 1 food and 1 drink active, otherwise drinks will remain totally meh. If not that, drinks need to give WAY more regen than they currently do.

its not just that. when you increase a stat the regen goes up as well. compounding the uselessness of drinks.

That's not true: none of my regen #s change when I have a food buff on.

But, food is still ultimately better (max HP and max stat especially).

Drinks need to be buffed a lot to be worthwhile
    Options
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    So it's been almost a month since this (great) post, and just as long since we got an official nod that something is indeed wrong.

I'm still not getting coherent materials for any recipes (other than the occasional level 1 Goat Nibble) via looting in VR zones or hireling mail...nor am I getting any recipes to match the materials I do get.

Can I assume that this issue has fallen by the wayside and isn't being looked at?

You know, maybe I'm just being overly sensible here but how about we wait until 1.2 is out before we start doomsaying on this. They seem to push out primarily hot fixes between major updates.

A complete rework of this stuff, while not particularly challenging for each individual item, is quite the time consuming task. Nothing like people assuming your job is easy or quick to do based on "wah".
    Edited by Ralathar44 on June 16, 2014 9:11PM
    Some questions answer themselves:
    So what is the problem with building specifically against an oil farm????

oil farm????
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. This thread is still on our radar, though can we get confirmation that the original post on page 1 are still outstanding issues and are up to date?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. This thread is still on our radar, though can we get confirmation that the original post on page 1 are still outstanding issues and are up to date?

I've confirmed it as recently as last weak towards the end of the week. My provisioner is very sad right now.

I did however hear that one person in my 5 guilds finally got an end game mythical purple to drop. SO i dunno if you guys made changes or if the stars just aligned perfectly. Though this is after....so many hours between so many people I dunno what to say.
    Edited by Ralathar44 on June 16, 2014 9:33PM

oil farm????
    Options
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    Ralathar44 wrote: »
    1. Recent loot changes - The recent changes that have been made to make Racial Motifs more rare are having an adverse effect on Provisioners. For one, we don't have as many containers to loot for ingredients & our recipes have become more rare.
    2. Purple recipe drops (Lvl 50 & VR5) - Yes, I understand that purple recipe drops are supposed to be rare. Again, due to the above issue with Motifs, these are even more rare than they were before. I'm not sure if they're dropping at all right now. Not one person in our Guild has found one & people that I've spoken to that have them got them back in Early Access when Veteran rank recipes were dropping in beginner zones.
    3. Recipe Inconsistencies - I think that recipe drops in general need to be looked at. I have every blue recipe & looted multiples of the ones that I have, with the exception being Tier 3 drinks. For some reason, I found 3 or 4 each of all blue foods (in EP) but not 1 single blue drink recipe for this tier. I never saw one for sale & continue to look for them without success. There are others that seem to be "missing", such as a couple of level 10 green recipes that should be as common as rain.
    4. Usefulness of Drinks - By the time people get to Veteran content, most of them have softcapped whatever regeneration they're aiming for in their builds. This makes drinks pretty much useless at these levels. I don't think allowing stacking with food is the answer as that would mean everybody would run around with all 3 regen stats softcapped. My objective here is just to point out the imbalance though, not to push for a particular fix.

I will add my post to the pile confirming these issues (most of the other isssues have been acknowledged or addressed.).

1. Definitely noticed this.

2. Never seen one drop or heard of them drop in my trade guilds or personal guild. What the heck is their drop rate? Do they exist?

3. There does seem to be a good deal of inconsistency.

4. This is true. Overcharging Max Magicka/Stamina/Health is far more effective than overcharging the regen thanks to the values involved and the important ones are always soft capped.

I quoted myself for clarity in regards to the issues my personal experience still marks as problems. Be sure to open the previous quote for context.
    Edited by Ralathar44 on June 16, 2014 9:41PM

oil farm????
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok. We'll go through the list on the first page tomorrow and try to get a status on these items. We'll let you know what we dig up!

Although minor in comparison to everything here, we can confirm now that the Jazbay Grapes issue has been fixed internally and will be rolled out soon.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. We'll go through the list on the first page tomorrow and try to get a status on these items. We'll let you know what we dig up!

Although minor in comparison to everything here, we can confirm now that the Jazbay Grapes issue has been fixed internally and will be rolled out soon.

Great, I know you guys have alot of work on your plates and I appreciate every little fix, every minor victory you guys achieve. (and girls!!)

Thank you for your efforts.
    /low bow

oil farm????
    Options
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭

There are food and drink recipes that don't improve from 45 to 50 or 50 to v5. They provide exactly the same buff.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2014/06/16
    @ZoS_GinaBruno
    Can confirm that the Fishy Sticks recipe, which I looted for the first time today, is still a WHITE recipe output, with level 47 output, 288 stamina for 35. The level 45 Green recipe for Grilled Shank is 306 for 35.

Addto that.. its value is a 4. From how this works, its output should be Green and value of 5, right?

Finally.. really? Mudcrabs are NOT FISH. You guys must eat at a fish place that serves catfish and calls it lobster.
    Edited by Darlgon on June 16, 2014 10:01PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are all up to date. I monitor daily.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
    Options
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you look up the drink recipes that don't improve from 45 to 50 or 50 to V5. And, let the dev know about them.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
    Options
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »

Can you look up the drink recipes that don't improve from 45 to 50 or 50 to V5. And, let the dev know about them.

Good catch! What I found was that all level 40 & 45 blue drinks provide +8 to two stats, so there is currently no benefit with going to the higher level drinks. Level 50s are +9 & VR5 is +11. Looks like it should be as follows:

Level 40: +8
    Level 45: +9
    Level 50: +10
    VR5: +11

I will add to the front page.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Options
  • tao.sigmab16_ESO
    tao.sigmab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So it's been almost a month...

Thanks for chiming in ZOS_GinaBruno, and thanks to Catches_the_Sun for keeping on top of it.

I'll check back for the progress update this week.

It'd be great to see something in the pipe before everyone is occupied with fixes for the next content patch.
    Edited by tao.sigmab16_ESO on June 17, 2014 1:16AM
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is item 3 in the master list still an issue? It seems like every sack or crate I loot that is not flagged as empty has food or beverage mats in it. Granted, I spend my time in Cyrodiil and the VR zones now, in case that makes a difference.

All of the other items in the list seem like they are still present in the game.
    Edited by LonePirate on June 17, 2014 2:34PM
    Options
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like something added to the list.
    Around the Craglorn patch, the ingredient table for Enriched Bervez Vitae changed. It now requires four ingredients instead of three. It seems that Juniper Berries have crept into it's requirement list.
    Juniper Berries are not showing up in any other blue recipe requirement.
    The other two blue Bervez recipes need only three ingredients.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
    Options
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Many people have noticed how recipe tooltips names sometimes dont match the ingredient table.
    For example I have seen a Enriched Grilled Horker recipe that lists Crawdad and Stock as its ingredients.
    However this recipe was in a store so I coulnt report it. I certainly wasnt going to buy it.
    How do I bug report an item in a guild store? Do I simply submit a generic bug report and hope it gets routed properly?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to give you all a quick update, we are currently digging through the items on the first page of the thread, but it'll take a little time to get the status of everything. We'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    Just to give you all a quick update, we are currently digging through the items on the first page of the thread, but it'll take a little time to get the status of everything. We'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we can.

Woot woot wooty woo, progress and communication :D.

oil farm????
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of low level recipes, and when I get a higher lvl of the same green recipe, it tells me that I already know the recipe. For instance I have some green recipes that give between 40-50 magicka - the recipe I pick up gives between 300+ magicka, yet the game tells me I already know that recipe.

Has anyone here encountered the same issue?

I would like to be able to learn better recipes, but it's hard. Almost everything I find is green or blue, and I know them all due to lower level cooking. I've also never found a single purple recipe since the preorder :(
    Options
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    fsilkiwib, go to a cooking fire and uncheck both boxes (one says something about can cook the other says something about have ingredients)
    You may find that you know more recipes than you think. The recipes that you dont have the necessary skill points to make will be in red. Recipes which you have ingredients will have a number and others will not.
    A green recipe that gives 40-50 magicka is not the same as a recipe that gives 300. They will have a completely different first ingredient and will require a different improvement level.
    Options
  • kaleka
    kaleka
    You can add Consummate Steak Soup to the list of missing recipes. I have spammed zone chat in all 3 factions for a sample of this item for almost 2 weeks now and no one has heard of it. It's only a level 40 recipe. I'll give 10k gold to anyone who sends a sample to @Kaleka proving it exists.
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    Edit 7/12/2014: Added level cap issue

Edit 7/15/2014: Added inconsistent drink benefit issue. Credit @Mortosk

These dates have not yet occurred, you may wish to edit them ;)
    Options
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaleka wrote: »
    You can add Consummate Steak Soup to the list of missing recipes. I have spammed zone chat in all 3 factions for a sample of this item for almost 2 weeks now and no one has heard of it. It's only a level 40 recipe. I'll give 10k gold to anyone who sends a sample to @Kaleka proving it exists.

I've never seen the recipe either, but I have seen a Provisioner link the food for sale.

GTech_1 wrote: »
    [snip]
    Edit 7/12/2014: Added level cap issue

Edit 7/15/2014: Added inconsistent drink benefit issue. Credit @Mortosk

These dates have not yet occurred, you may wish to edit them ;)

Ha, yeah, I got stuck in the future for a bit there. Changed.

Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Just thought you'd like to hear an update on the issues you pointed out (please excuse some of the repetitiveness in the answers).
    1. Veteran Content Ingredients - We are currently working on fixing this issue.
    2. Coldharbour Ingredients - This will be fixed when the issue with Veteran Content Ingredients (above) is fixed.
    3. Recent loot changes
    4. Purple recipe drops (Lvl 50 & VR5)
    5. Recipe Inconsistencies
      • For all three of the issues above, there were some deliberate changes made to the frequency of drops. That said, if there is a legitimate issue with not being able to obtain enough materials to make food, recipes not dropping at all, or extreme imbalances, please let us know with specifics and we can look into it.
    6. Two Different Jazbay Grapes - This has been fixed internally and will be rolled out in a future patch.
    7. Usefulness of Drinks - This is something that needs to be investigated and will probably take some time.
    8. Fortified Mountain Lager Recipe - This has been fixed internally and will be rolled out in a future patch.
    9. Inaccurate Ingredient Descriptions - This has been fixed internally and will be rolled out in a future patch.
    10. Fishy Sticks Recipe - We're currently investigating this issue.

Awesome.

Within; Without.
    Options
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated the issues in the OP. Issue #1 had a "near-fix" today, but no cigar. We now can loot base ingredients, such as mudcrab meat & honey comb in all VR zones (I tested 3 of different level ranges). The issues remain though that Tier 4 ingredients still share this loot table (which are for levels 40 & 45 food & drink) such as beef & shank. Also, the "mixing" ingredients are still bugged & dropping only according to their original zone level. For example, you'll find Tier 1 mixing ingredients such as thin broth & drippings in VR6 zones and lard & jus in VR5 zones, which Imperial Flour, Pinguis, etc still do not drop anywhere.
    Options
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Still a major step forward, as the mixing ingredients can be bought from Grocers. No more going elsewhere to farm for food ingredients.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am seeing some of the correct provisioning items in the VR zones now. While not perfect just yet due to some occasional low level mats, this patch is a solid and noticeable improvement. I just hope all the junk now appearing in containers doesn't decimate the blue recipe drop rates or turn the purple recipe drop rate into zero (from its next to zero current state).
    Options
  • Zyaedra
    Zyaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent list! I think the only item I would want added to the list is to have the maximum stack size increased from 100 to 1000... but that's a request not a bug :-)
    Edited by Zyaedra on June 25, 2014 5:55PM
    Options