The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server Up or Down?

Ventroff
Ventroff
✭✭✭
Patch notes and server status seem to state that server is up as of 4/30/14 4:47pm pst.

I am unable to log in to my account? Forums don't look like they are blowing up from people having the same problem. I am getting a message that just says unable to log into server.

Also looks like the server message of the day is not updating says "could not retrieve announcements".
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Ventroff. The servers are up and active. What is the error that you're receiving? Just to confirm, have you tried updating your client? Click on the "Game Options" section above the news feed on the launcher, and click "Check for Updates." This can sometimes fix login errors. Let us know if you're still having any issues.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ventroff
    Ventroff
    ✭✭✭
    @zos_jasonl

Error 201 log-in failed.

I ran the patch first time when I tried. Checking for updates is giving nothing.

Says I am running version 1.0.6.976502
    Edited by Ventroff on May 1, 2014 12:06AM
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for providing that information, @Ventroff. Have you tried closing the launcher and client completely, waiting a few minutes, then reopening the launcher to try to log in again? Be sure to let us know if you're still unable to log in.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    There was this one time I got issues with random disconnects to login where it also said "could not retrieve announcements" I did a repair back then and it also was around patch time so I'm not sure which of the 2 helped exactly.
    I'm curious when the cancelled patch 1.06 will be applied too
    Edited by Tipsy on May 1, 2014 12:08AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was unable to log in and was unable to retrieve announcements after the patch.

The "fingerprint" of the game was changed just enough that my security software was blocking it from getting to the internet.

Edit: Even though eso.exe was previously known, it thought the program was different enough to sandbox it and deny it access to the internet.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 1, 2014 12:12AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ventroff
    Ventroff
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonL‌

Just tried closing completely and waiting a few minutes but no luck.
  • BlitzkriegAngel
    Oh no it's been a problem for a lot of us. But the mods keep locking threads and saying everything is fine. It only took me 3 hours to get my ticket escalated to "higher powers" and I've heard 0 from them.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't mind, @Ventroff, please try to repair the launcher. You can do so by clicking "Game Options" again, and selecting "Repair." Be sure to keep us posted!
    Staff Post
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same thing now. I was playing for a few hours directly after the patch. Now having trouble logging in.

Running repair now.
    Edited by Nooblet on May 1, 2014 1:06AM
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    I know talking about punishment is against ToS...but if there was a problem of some sort I believe you will get same message, might want to check it out because some people got unintentionally flagged while Zeni was killing some bots
    Just make sure that you aren't on this list because there will be no way to see if you just try to log in
  • begofrem
    begofrem
    Repair fixed my login issue, FWIW.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tipsy wrote: »
    There was this one time I got issues with random disconnects to login where it also said "could not retrieve announcements" I did a repair back then and it also was around patch time so I'm not sure which of the 2 helped exactly.
    I'm curious when the cancelled patch 1.06 will be applied too
    If you are in Europe it is this morning during scheduled maintenance. For NA it was patched already.
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repaired.. Still same issue. It actually changes sometimes from 201 to 200 error, but cannot log in.

Edit: After trying multiple times to log in, It finally attempted it. But then followed with a 108 error. Back to login screen, and then 200 error when trying again.
    Edited by Nooblet on May 1, 2014 1:27AM
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • MustyBritches
    I also can't log in, I have "repaired" it 3 times. I have run as admin as well. the patcher opens normally, the news pops up. the "play" button lights up, I hit it, the mouse "wheels" as sec then the play button lights up again.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • bjj8383
    bjj8383
    I'm having a similar issue, mine is error 200. I patched earlier and played for a few hours fine. Now I'm getting error 200, and it can't retrieve announcements either. This, or something similar, has happened to me before as well, more than once. I've submitted a ticket twice, and each time they told me to make sure I was allowing some certain ports thru my firewall. I did that, but this still keeps periodically happening. It's fairly frustrating.

Which, as a side note, is why I prefer my blockbuster videogames to NOT be online MMOs...
  • MustyBritches
    Hmmm, for some reason my virus protection was blocking the new patch I guess... I disabled virus and it worked right away. (not suggested! Just letting ya know what it was) :pensive:
  • Bulwyf
    Bulwyf
    My wife and I played for a couple of hours earlier today after the patch, logged out and now we both are getting error 200. The announcemnents are also not loading on the launcher.
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, for some reason my virus protection was blocking the new patch I guess... I disabled virus and it worked right away. (not suggested! Just letting ya know what it was) :pensive:

Hmm I thought of that and tried, and it didnt work for me :(

Edit1:Apparently I did not completely disable it when I first tried. After doing it again being sure to disable it, it let me log in fine. This was my first thought because AVG just had an update today, so I thought that might be the culprit.

Edit2
    :However, it just now kicked me off, and is doing the same thing again. With AVG still disabled.

Edit3: I tried running repair while antivirus was disabled, and am now in game. Not sure if itll continue to work correctly or not. But atleast I am in game.

Others in my guild had the same issue, and only thing they did to get in is mass login attempts.
    Edited by Nooblet on May 1, 2014 2:07AM
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, if your antivirus allows it, add the entire folder to the exception list.
    That way, whatever happens in the folder is ignored, rather than the exe, as people noticed, it can change and be blocked again without your knowledge :).
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Bulwyf
    Bulwyf
    I have repaired three times now and still getting the same error. Same for my wife on her computer.
  • awhecknum1ub17_ESO
    I have repaired, checked for updates, confirmed that my virus software is letting everything through. I can get to character select - but when I try to load a character - I get a long load in screen and get kicked

"An error has occured. Please wait a few minutes and try to log in again"

It does not give an error number.

This has happened literally dozens of times today since the patch.
  • awhecknum1ub17_ESO
    my acount is@awhecknum1 btw