The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• Supremacy
    Supremacy
    Seriously? A major ESO statement & update/news announcement and not a peep of the Console versions for over 4 months and its release scheduled within a month. =(
    Edited by Supremacy on May 2, 2014 2:15PM
    < Nord | Ebonheart Pact | Templar | Healer/DPS | Archer/Res/Frost Staff | USPS4 >
  • Gildren
    Gildren
    ✭✭
    "...we read them to determine if there are legitimate complaints that we should address"

Thank you for specifying that they are being read and not disregarded outright in frustration.

Publicly asserting that any complaint is not legitimate is akin to tossing fuel on already admittedly heated feelings. Wouldn't it be better to defuse?

Rule number one in costumer service is that no matter how you may feel about a complaint, it should never be treated or implied as illegitimate. There are complaints you can address given time and available resources and complaints that you are unable to address. Never speak down to a costumer, always take the high road.

That being said, the game is still amazingly complex and beautiful. The sheer number of options, staggering. The active participation of staff attempting to address gold sellers and automated bots is admirable. And your upcoming expansion objectives are very impressive. Public interaction with the costumer base, particularly here in the forums, still needs to improve.
    - Gildren Arconess Cissack
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!

Would really like to see the ability to customize your appearance after you've created your character. Possibly even the ability to change your race.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your hard work! I do hope I can craft dyes with Alchemy and I also hope to see the Imperial City one day as a PvE player.

Horse races? That's awesome! We just need hairstylists now... Oh! And being able to rotate our character in place.
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    kedz54 wrote: »
    Rosamond wrote: »

There are two issues that interest me:
    1. the lack of bag space, bank space and storage for our inventory, and
    2. a public AH, broker, or other means to sell that does not require me to join a guild.

Personally, I find it quite refreshing that there isn't an AH. I do understand why people are missing it, but have you considered why ZOS left it out? Their reason, if i am correct was to ensure that we don't end up devaluing items we find - imagine an AH full of high quality items - the average player would gear up from the AH and the game would be quite short lived for them. We would then hear cries of content not coming quick enough etc.

In other MMO's I have played the AH game, quite enjoyed it. However, I think ZOS have it spot on for not having an AH in ESO.

You can buy bag space, it is a bit of a pain having to juggle stuff around bags, but it can be overcome.
  • animoo
    animoo
    Soul Shriven
    I hoped it would be true and so it is. With such thoughtful content updates and the general attitude towards the future of this game the subscription fee is more than welcome. Be the best MMO of them all, ESO! :D
  • Moonclaw
    Moonclaw
    ✭✭✭
    Really good list of priorities and feedback. ESO team is thinking along same lines as I am which makes me happy to keep "investing" in this game.
    Thanks for letting us know what you folks are planning - that is critical to player buy-in
  • Rastaban
    Rastaban
    ✭✭✭
    A couple things I'd like to see in addition to the list:
    1. Dueling for 2-4 people (I almost never play with more than one other person so all these groups of 4 things are pretty restrictive to gameplay if you're not into finding others).
    2. A greater variety of pets. DOGS! Put them in the store and I'll buy them all.
    3. A pet organization system like WoW, where you summon your pet and it no longer takes up bag/bank space.
    4. Customize character appearance.
    5. Player housing

It's really important that we have a place to put our pets. They become a burden as it is, on bag and bank space, and I've found that I just don't bring my pets with me at all because I don't have the space. It shouldn't be like that. And creating a system of pet organization that doesn't impede on bank/bag space will allow for adding more pets to the store. Win/win for everyone, right?

I'm very excited about the horse racing, assassin and thieves guilds/quests and justice system. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!
    Edited by Rastaban on May 2, 2014 6:03PM
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    I am excited for all of those updates! It's good to know that you truly have been listening to the players and are addressing the issues they hold dear!

I can't wait for armor dying as well as an improved Guild system with customizable ranks.

Thank you Zenimax!
  • LyricalMURDER
    LyricalMURDER
    ✭✭✭
    DireKit wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!

Would really like to see the ability to customize your appearance after you've created your character. Possibly even the ability to change your race.

Lol no. Why should we be able to change our race post-creation? If you don't put the time and effort into creating the character you want, that's a failure on your part. I wholly disagree that we should be able to swap races. I can't even
  • Pizza_Magician
    Supremacy wrote: »
    Seriously? A major ESO statement & update/news announcement and not a peep of the Console versions for over 4 months and its release scheduled within a month. =(

I'm looking for some console info as well, here on the consoles we will abide some bugs but not as many that plague most new mmo's. I mean I would need to buy a new XBOX, a gold subscription, the game, and a game subscription...

I am beginning to doubt a june console release.

• Medicius
    Medicius
    Rochette wrote: »
    Thank you for the post. Just what we all needed to hear.
    I love this game and the way you guys made it.
    Please, please stay on your own road. Do NOT listen to all the guys telling you to make this another copy of wow or what ever game from the past.
    You are walking the right way. Keep going and I will be with you

Yes, because blindly walking forward with no idea of what came before is a smart move both financially and creatively...

• LennardF1989
    Just today I canceled my Paypal subscription so I can activate my game card in a few days... am I still eligible for the free days?
  • anthony_s_kingb14_ESO
    Thanks for the update and thanks for making a great game! Keep up the great work!
  • Xiubear
    Xiubear
    Soul Shriven
    I enjoy the solo game play but what has happened in other games is that my character gets nerfed because in PVP there has to be balance. I appreciate that, however I find that on occasion I have to take on more mobs than I can deal with without any hope of survival. Because I am not as quick or as skilled as many gamers, nerfing my characters abilities puts me in a worse condition.

I would like to see some system where a solo player can know ahead of time how many players might be needed to complete an area or safely go into an area and have a fair chance of success.

I see the developers are working so hard at content for groups. This is great for those with buddies, but not so for me and others that don't care for the group behavior. In some groups I have to skip even looking around let alone try to get some loot as it seems everyone is in a race to get to the end of the instance. I for one dislike this aspect. Also I never have equipment on par with these players. My DPS always less compared to others so it seems this indicates to me I am not a skilled player.

Rather than slow down the group I would rather just enjoy solo play if there is enough new content to give me what I enjoy doing. Questing and exploring.

While I am voicing my opinion I will say that I dislike End-Game play simply because it only leads to Forced GROUP play. This unless you want to repeat over and over the same solo content.

• DrGerm
    DrGerm
    Thank you ESO. I really enjoy this game and I have some faith that it will only get better.
  • Rastaban
    Rastaban
    ✭✭✭
    DrGerm wrote: »
    Thank you ESO. I really enjoy this game and I have some faith that it will only get better.

I agree. I think the mark of what really makes a quality game depends on the work the devs are willing to put into it. I can see ESO is already a great game but once some extensive content is added, including a variety of things to do for everyone, it really will be the best MMO. The devs are definitely headed that way and it's exciting to be a part of it.
    Edited by Rastaban on May 2, 2014 6:05PM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they nerf Bolt Escape, I will quit. It's literally the only thing a sorc has going for them.

DKs already outdamage and out CC sorcs.

Ya I'd probably do the same. Not even because of the skill. I can make a new build without it and still be a beast.

But it would show that they really don't know that they're doing and just respond to whining.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • adamtrojakeb17_ESO
    Thank you for honest statment. I don't understand all the hate in reviews, nobody seemes to remember how bad other games was on first days/months/years or how true gold auction houses murdered the game and i took over a year for a developer to see that... :/

You are doing great job guys :) If we'll see something bugged - we'll let you know, without hate and shouting and complaining ;)
    I can wait few days for a quest or a spawn till you'll fix it - i'm young, i have plenty of time :)

Best wishes, i love your game and i know many feels the same.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood. my stealth character feels out of place right now without em:/ also cant wait for the class tweaks. hopefully ZOS nerfs these dang sorcerers. the AOE spamming and teleport spam is ridiculous
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Guys....i dont know if you have seen...but there's an "Ask Me Anything" thread on reddit in which the devs answer some questions that the latest letter doesn't answer:

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/24h8dv/welcome_to_the_zos_aua/

I've posted more details about what the AMA covers in a separate thread (because it got too big for posting in this thread):

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/91967/new-ama-on-reddit-covers-subjects-in-the-road-ahead-may-1-letter?new=1
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on May 2, 2014 8:10PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • elhyzzabethb14_ESO
    elhyzzabethb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm cheered to see all these improvements coming. I'm really rooting for this game, despite all the naysayers and pessimists.

My chief complaint right now is that leveling a new character, like so many other MMOs, gets very samey. The first time you do it, it's a brand new experience. The quest lines are fresh and not too grindey. But on your second or third go round, it feels like you're doing the same story all over again. I'd really like to see a lot of opportunity for freshness and different story lines re quests for each toon. I know that's a thing you need to put a lot of time into, but I hope it's something you are eventually striving for.

A small thing I'd like: more/better hairstyles. The choices for female khajiits are terrible, and the male bretons also looked weird. The more variation, the better. Also, the ability to change your character's hair at some point (like the barbershops in WoW).
    Edited by elhyzzabethb14_ESO on May 2, 2014 8:04PM
  • monotone86b14_ESO
    rflynn_ESO wrote: »
    Im literally unable to play the game right now

Great place to post this message without any elaboration. Contact customer service and they'll get you set straight. Helpful team, there.
  • skipdever
    skipdever
    I am a Wow player since it first launched. I am an ESO player since it launched. I also played all the Elder Scrolls since I don't remember when, but more than 15 years ago.
    When I was deciding to buy ESO, I remember reading a comment something like "I always felt like I wanted to be doing something else". ESO makes me feel somewhat the same. Skyrim spoiled me with its nearly endless and interesting story lines. ESO has so much potential and I can see myself playing it for a long time if some of the following issues are fixed:

I hope you guys will give some thought to adding some additional quests in each zone so that solo players (which I mostly am) are not constantly on the edge of our skill levels. I find myself frequently playing level x quests at x -1 level and I actively search for quests.

The character animations are pathetic. The graphics are nice, but the animations are decades old. Oblivion (not to mention Skyrim) animations were way better and you own the IP, why not use it? Even Wow with its cartoonish motif has realistic animations that are light-years ahead of ESO.

Looking for group sucks. Have a look at Wow for the state of the art. If you are in a small guild, you really need something like this. Clicking on looking for group takes WAY too long to load, sometimes minutes and the user interface just sucks.

We need a real auction house, ala Wow.

I am still continuing to play ESO, so please don't get the idea that I hate this game. I would just like it to evolve into something really compelling like Skyrim.

Thanks for listening and thanks for your continued efforts.
  • Nocifer Deathblade
    That's so awesome! If ESO keeps releasing healthy dose of contents like this on timely manner then monthly subscription would be justified easily. I can't wait to experience those new updates! :smiley:
    Nocifer Deathblade,The Imperial Dragon Knight
    The Ebonheart Pact Alliance
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    From the buzz in the forums looks like the "Re-balance game play" is de-fanging the VAMPS due to miss informed whiners ........ i am VERY disappointed ... enjoyed the beta & 1 month play but dont like where this is heading.

Small changes i could understand but 300% increase in vamp spell cost is BS ... i cant see my self paying a sub fee after i finish the content in a week or two if rebalancing is MAJOR MAJOR changes in skill lines once a month .... i dont think mmo's are for me if this is the direction ESO is heading and the cost in time and money are too steep for me. I am level 42 and spent i a lot of time leveling my char coz i dont rush content..... all this work and now my builds is gonna suck and i need to start over, which is just waste of time. my feelings ill pick skills that look good some one whine they too powerfull and they kill my build again with the next upgrade.

Selfishly i wanted to be strong vamp but wont quit coz of that and i would of played if vamps were initially weak in the game. i just would not of chosen it for my 1st build.

More importantly tho and the reason i will leave is this is looking like another pvp game (not MMO) i played and quit coz they changed the game every few months based on who was most vocal in forums not what made sense.

I'll play pve till till contents done, after rank 50 ill try the zones but they may bore me.... i am just not too thrilled and cant imagine its more than few weeks i am bored. once done ill leave, find some non-mmo game ... the rules are too unstable to play this and guess i am not a pvp person if pvp/mmo is constant MAJOR changes in how the game works ............ in a non-online game no one cares whats op or not (tho i disagree vamps OP but seem to be the consensus) ....... in most mmo's/pvp do they all ways re balance in such a major way, i am assuming they do coz this is my 1st mmo......... anyway in say skyrim any other none online game, no one cares whats OP and game changes are only bug fixes and exploits not debuffs n nerfs to ur player.
  • gabe05972b14_ESO
    gabe05972b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome insight into what's to come. I can't wait! Though I didn't see anything about " Guild Bank Gold Deposit". I'll keep hoping for it though :)
    Edited by gabe05972b14_ESO on May 2, 2014 9:32PM
    @Muytaco13 Guild Master of ESO Incite Gaming Guild on NA Megaserver
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭
    "Be assured that we are working diligently to keep ESO balanced, stable, and fresh for veteran players."
    As long as i dont hear anything about what is beeing done to the current vampire meta in pvp (and even PVE where they can solo public group dungeons and other content) i will stay unsubbed, good luck keeping some subs though.

You obviously don't do your homework. Vamps are getting nerfed pretty heavily.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey Zeni, when can we have the option to change you characters hair and beard style and colour please?? :(
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Chamomile
    Chamomile
    And of course there is NO mention about the memory leak in the Mac client that makes PvP basically unplayable. The client crashes every 30 minutes!! How is this not at the top of the list of fixes?!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/63356/cyrodiil-other-memory-related-crashes-post-feedback-reports-here
    Edited by Chamomile on May 2, 2014 11:27PM