The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• trbrelinskib14_ESO
    trbrelinskib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this was really nice to see. Thanks Matt! I do love this game.

A lot (not all but a lot) of the negative feedback is a bit overblown and exaggerated. Yes I've been frustrated with the quest blockers and I feel it could/should have been better tested before open public non-beta access. But for the most part (other than spamming/botting/and general what I call "MMO stupidity") quest bugs have been the most frustrating thing and they are working on it, so that's cool. The game has tons of potential and it has realized some of that potential already. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Anyway, I do hate the botting... It's really annoying to walk through an area and see a group of players with garbage names roaming around in unison...acting like robots... It's extremely easy to tell who the botters are (for one the name gives most of it away). I love watching them get killed over and over again sometimes... I sometimes run around the area for a while and kill everything before they can. I know that doesn't fix it but at least slows them down a bit... And since I can't kill them outright, it's the next best thing to get some frustration out <chuckle>. I do run up to each one that is botting and report them...I try to get good screenshots but that doesn't always work. GM's should roam around the open world during the early morning time periods (mostly) and they will easily spot the botters. I can recognize them almost immediately... if someone moves a couple steps and quickly pauses and then continues that pattern. It's pretty easy to see even if they aren't in a group. It isn't natural movement like a player controlled character.

To add to the list of features... I'd like to see a name filter/mask format enforcer when you make your character. I'm sure the devs could come up with a better regular expression filter/mask for names. I'd give up some freedom of name creation if it led to better names in general in the game. Thank God there are no nameplates in the game, it would be atrocious. And as far as names go... Are there that many people that are completely uneducated on capitalization or is it just plain laziness...?

Another feature I'd like to see in the future is new weapon skill lines... Spear/Polearm/Melee Staff, Swashbuckling (one handed weapon/evasion/mobility (not using shield) like fencing), Crossbows (not really needing a new skill line but just have them in the game), Thrown Weapons (bolas, boomerangs, spears/javelins, axes, daggers/knives, spikes/stars), and Spells not associated with the spell staffs (maybe the spell crafting will be like this?). Probably one of the main issues I have with the game design... why oh why did you make destruction and restoration spells associated with staves and not their own skill line? There could be a skill-line for each school of magic and you'd get access to them by joining the Mage's Guild or some other way. Or just have them as part of the world skill-lines and you can develop them as you wish just like the weapon skill-lines. Then I could really make the kind of character I wanted... Not have to use a staff to cast those destruction and restoration spells (yes I know there are similar things with the Templar and Sorcerer, but its still pretty limiting)... Hate that mage/staff stereotype...

Anyway, Love the game despite some frustrations. Keep up the good work!
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Doesn't seem like a very smart idea to not extend this to everyone that bought the game and had to suffer...but I'm sure you will find a whole bunch of un-happy campers once you go through with this shameful compensation to only those who are paying you.

The game was broken before launch and you made us all suffer not just those who continue to pay you for this extremely broken and frustrating game...to bad consumer affairs never get involved in this crooked industry."

Never knew there was so much suffering going on in ESO. I guess I do not see it that way. Seems pretty smooth to me for the most part,( minor fixable things aside)

Hey, did you hear? They are working on fixing stuff, we should let the suffering know about that.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprised no one is mentioning

Imperial City PvP Dungeon

This!

I hear you my friend!
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I am certainly confused as to why everyone is so disgruntled about a MMO that literally only has been out for a month. Craziness I tell you. Thanks ZOE by the way. I am a happy customer (then again I dont live a life of negativity and gloom and doom, either)
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you move the EU server into Europe before the next billing cycle, the road ahead for the EU server will be rather short.

All you have given are bogus reasons and excuses. This is an MMO, nothing is ever stable unless you put the game into maintenance mode and stop updating it.

The NA playerbase has no idea how bad it is and Zenimax obviously has no clue either, so let me educate you in hopes that some of you realize the crux of the issue.

Until you get to vr6 and up, or go into pvp, the latency is meaningless for the most part. However, at these vr levels, if you play the pve content solo, the problem becomes incredibly frustarting because NPCs start to hit you so hard that blocking no longer is a feature, but a nescessity. You WILL die if you miss a block uness you're a vampire and just abuse mistform/batswarm/tiny ulti cost. With the inherent latency coupled with human reaction times and animation times, you start to die, a lot, purely to latency.

This means that, for EU players, the game is fundamentally broken and the only thing that will fix it is moving the servers. You cannot have an action MMO with active blocks and expect people to happily play with this latency.

I'm currently VR8 and losing interest, fast and I assure you I'm not the only one and once more people reach these levels, they will notice it too when they start to constantly die.

Zenimax, I'm positive you aren't even aware of this as you're too busy still rolling in the cash from the initial sales, but you are becoming the laughing stock of the MMO industry with this, coupled with other ongoing issues like advertizing the game as a PvP game then leaving PvP so completely broken for so long. You were told in BETA that batswarm would become a problem yet did nothing.

"We're working on it" doesn't cut it in 2014. The MMO market is too saturated for amateurs but I guess you didn't pay attention to SWTOR, because you're mkaing the exact same mistakes.
  • lordpeonb16_ESO
    lordpeonb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Amazing news, honestly. I'm impressed with this entire announcement, and can't wait to see/hear more about the things listed as time moves on. Seriously, seriously cool stuff!

My favorites would include an imperial city pvp dungeon zone, the raid system, dye/armor tinting, and horse racing, off of that list, but I can't say there's a single thing on there I'm not excited about.

All of that PLUS...
    I just wanted to say, the game is fantastic out of the gate! Keep up the great work!

I have had a few bugs as I am sure most have, however, both times I contacted support to resolve something in person, in under an hour I had finished full conversations and been on my merry way, repaired, fixed, refunded or whatever was needed..DONE! THE best customer service I have seen in an MMO launch in 20 years..
    Since DAoC (original, not as it is now) I have judged all my games by that standard... this is right on target for what I expected with today's tech and that type of game in mind..
    Great Job All!
  • xxJokerxx
    xxJokerxx
    HEY! ESO/Zenimax,
    What about those of us, who prefer playing this MMO as a regular single player Elder Scrolls game?... There was nothing on your newsletter addressing us single players; I mean, I would love to play some of this new dungeons & such but, I'm not that sociable keen and also I rather play the old Elder Scrolls style... until the next real full Elder Scrolls game comes out.
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO
    xxJokerxx wrote: »
    HEY! ESO/Zenimax,
    What about those of us, who prefer playing this MMO as a regular single player Elder Scrolls game?... There was nothing on your newsletter addressing us single players; I mean, I would love to play some of this new dungeons & such but, I'm not that sociable keen and also I rather play the old Elder Scrolls style... until the next real full Elder Scrolls game comes out.

What is your point exactly? When this game was said to be the next single player Elder Scrolls game?
    Ah, you got me, a troll? Whatever tha tmeans in the end...

Cheers...
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO
    Hexi wrote: »
    Unless you move the EU server into Europe before the next billing cycle, the road ahead for the EU server will be rather short.

All you have given are bogus reasons and excuses. This is an MMO, nothing is ever stable unless you put the game into maintenance mode and stop updating it.

The NA playerbase has no idea how bad it is and Zenimax obviously has no clue either, so let me educate you in hopes that some of you realize the crux of the issue.

Until you get to vr6 and up, or go into pvp, the latency is meaningless for the most part. However, at these vr levels, if you play the pve content solo, the problem becomes incredibly frustarting because NPCs start to hit you so hard that blocking no longer is a feature, but a nescessity. You WILL die if you miss a block uness you're a vampire and just abuse mistform/batswarm/tiny ulti cost. With the inherent latency coupled with human reaction times and animation times, you start to die, a lot, purely to latency.

This means that, for EU players, the game is fundamentally broken and the only thing that will fix it is moving the servers. You cannot have an action MMO with active blocks and expect people to happily play with this latency.

I'm currently VR8 and losing interest, fast and I assure you I'm not the only one and once more people reach these levels, they will notice it too when they start to constantly die.

Zenimax, I'm positive you aren't even aware of this as you're too busy still rolling in the cash from the initial sales, but you are becoming the laughing stock of the MMO industry with this, coupled with other ongoing issues like advertizing the game as a PvP game then leaving PvP so completely broken for so long. You were told in BETA that batswarm would become a problem yet did nothing.

"We're working on it" doesn't cut it in 2014. The MMO market is too saturated for amateurs but I guess you didn't pay attention to SWTOR, because you're mkaing the exact same mistakes.

Sorry for the long quote but I'm not sure if I should quote all or just part of the things I want to comment on. Anyway, here it is.
    First, about latency. I think this differs a lot between players. For example I guess I am the lucky EU players who has gotten no latency at all, not counting the one hit there but it was just one hour. Should I have latency when I reach any veteran levels? Well that will be seen.
    My internet connection is good (and I have chosen it to be like that) towards gaming, so not for downloads. I have chosen internet provider who can give me the best "ping", meaning lowest, towards game servers. So, again, I guess I'm lucky I have no big latency.
    Second, all you people who are saying Zenimax is rolling on cash or something like that. I have said this before, every company needs money. It would be silly to deny it. To make money is to succeed. That said, I do NOT think they are making players to pay for nothing. How many times people have to understand that MMOs of this scale need time to evolve to be good. If you do NOT like the content at all, then this clearly is the wrong game for you.
    You said there "MMO market is too saturated for amateurs", in what way you see this as being an amateur game? Or made by amateurs? Bugs, problems, hell, every game have those especially at start.
    I hear your anger and I do see you have problems, but sometimes people seem to expect perfect world. Then again, I might be wrong and this game is broken so much that it is unplayable. I trust the developers will do their best to have this to be the best MMO game ever, and they have proven already (to me at least) that they can deliver. The future might seem uncertain, but wel will see.
    For some reason, I still play it and will continue to do so.
    Anyway, just my opinions, take care,
    Cheers...
  • madfeldoreb17_ESO
    Chryos wrote: »
    Well I am certainly confused as to why everyone is so disgruntled about a MMO that literally only has been out for a month. Craziness I tell you. Thanks ZOE by the way. I am a happy customer (then again I dont live a life of negativity and gloom and doom, either)

Well said. Happy customer here also, but I'm sure someone will reply with "another silly fanboy" or something... heh. Doesn't make me feel angry though:)

Ah back to the good game!

Cheers...
  • Solarstorm
    VOiP please.
  • TeddyPeps
    TeddyPeps
    OMFGGG!!!!!!............. i am seriously excited for these up and coming updates things that are bringing more of the single offline elements of Elder Scrolls that i have loved in the older games like Spell crafting ha one of morrowind finish features for me ;) justice system too buzzin look forward to jail haha only problem i see is trigger happy players nailing villages but then again if a quick spawn system is set in place i dont see a problem with barren places.. increased ability to pick up things in the world?? hellz yeah!! buzzin choice ESO team more elements of original games coming into play im getting happy XD... thieves guild and dark brotherhood FINALLY!! iv missed them :dizzy_face: cant wait to play these and feel like im really in the good old Tamriel that i love and remember well done ESO team keep up the hard work XD
  • Whizzinglane
    Whizzinglane
    ✭✭
    This is really wonderful news, especially having the ability to see your party members even when phased out! A cool implementation there ESO! Kudos!

Nonetheless, I have a few suggestions that I would like to see implemented in ESO, which might add some benefits to players in this immense, breathtaking world that you have created. =)

Suggestion one: It would be ideal, if players can inspect each other. That way, a player can inspect each other’s gears, their class, the type of weapons equipped; as to the class, this is only a gauge since in ESO a player has the breath of customization. This non-restrictive aspect of the game is lacking in so many MMOs. For example, I have a Battlemage; she wears heavy armor and equips two daggers. Yay! I love this freedom in ESO. =)

Suggestion two: At t the moment, the only way a player can interact with one another is by pressing the “F” key. Why not adding the ability to right click on a player instead?

Suggestion three: Currently, when grouped, only the party’s member names and health bars are displayed. Why not adding a character’s mug shot above the health bar? The player’s character mug shot will be displayed followed by the character’s name. That way, we as players, can see the party’s member characters’ mug shots in our group. In addition, why not also add the Stamina bar or magicka bar(s) there as well… just below the health bar? Seeing how much Stamina or magicka a party member has is very beneficial to the tank in a party.

Suggestion four: Presently, an Archer uses a bow as her/his primary weapon. At close range an archer is at a disadvantage until he or she is able to equip a second set of weapon(s) at level 15. Why not add the ability for archer to use weapon(s) at the onset, at level one? It would be fantastic! When an enemy is at close range, it is hard to keep firing arrows. The archer is prevented or gets interrupted. So, adding the ability for archers to use weapons at level one instead at level 15, would be a cool implementation ESO.

All, in all, I am really looking forward to the improvements that will be added with the next patch.

P.S. Can you please add a bit more commands for our characters to use? At present, the commands are limited. Please add, hug, sit, sleep, etc., and please improve the emote command.

Thanks ESO! I'm truly enjoying the game. Please keep it this way. Do not dumb it down. =)
    Edited by Whizzinglane on May 4, 2014 1:16AM
  • DBHAShadow
    DBHAShadow
    ✭✭

Suggestion two: At t the moment, the only way a player can interact with one another is by pressing the “F” key. Why not adding the ability to right click on a player instead?

Suggestion three: Currently, when grouped, only the party’s member names and health bars are displayed. Why not adding a character’s mug shot above the health bar? The player’s character mug shot will be displayed followed by the character’s name. That way, we as players, can see the party’s member characters’ mug shots in our group. In addition, why not also add the Stamina bar or magicka bar(s) there as well… just below the health bar? Seeing how much Stamina or magicka a party member has is very beneficial to the tank in a party.

Suggestion four: Presently, an Archer uses a bow as her/his primary weapon. At close range an archer is at a disadvantage until he or she is able to equip a second set of weapon(s) at level 15. Why not add the ability for archer to use weapon(s) at the onset, at level one? It would be fantastic! When an enemy is at close range, it is hard to keep firing arrows. The archer is prevented or gets interrupted. So, adding the ability for archers to use weapons at level one instead at level 15, would be a cool implementation ESO.

All, in all, I am really looking forward to the improvements that will be added with the next patch.

P.S. Can you please add a bit more commands for our characters to use? At present, the commands are limited. Please add, hug, sit, sleep, etc., and please improve the emote command.

Thanks ESO! I'm truly enjoying the game. Please keep it this way. Do not dumb it down. =)

I think a right click function might cause issues considering right click is used for block. As for the party, I dunno, the portraits aren't needed, Magicka bar sure, not sure if it shows it but a class icon would be okay. Archers do have close range attacks, grab a class ability for close range, Melee attacks will work with a bow equipped, like a templar's javelin, A nightblades assassin strike (or whatever it is)

Also on the last part. there is a lot of emotes, sleep, sit, here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Emotes
    i'm not senDing sublIminal mEssages.
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    Hi hi :) Zeni my faith I really loved the quest system in open world evidence I'm a veteran 10 in 2nd area veteran alliance I can not tell you how many times I threw my keyboard . Despite the bugs and other problems leveling is nice GG So has you on that point :) .
    However things grieve me and I want you to know:

- Why can't we swim under water as in skyrim there are various activities that are possible.

- Fishing I don't not find any reasons to fish. Then in that case why not include in the game GUILD OF FISHERMEN form of quests. Conditions are variable fisheries , fish such type of fish during the day , at such place at night time so why not with a ranking system the best fishermen will be awarded various awards.

Add a HUNTERS GUILD with the same ideas as fishing. Of course it will add abilities like there has been in some quests ( no spoil ) that made the original quest :) . Hunting include a fashion more in relation to the fishing : the hunt group mode always with a ranking system and reward.

- Have a buddy system like skyrim , ah I miss Lydia :) . This companion must be able to fight to heal or tank depending on what features the player 's choice. However, the companion must be disabled in the raids, dungeons Group 4 !
    And why not romantic history with its companion .
    The companion will gain level accompanying the player in these adventures. These skill lines should be buy from a dealer in town :)

Here are ideas that work myself . I love this game and I would really contributed to his success .

cordially

Ps : I apologize for spelling errors. (i'm french)
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    1.gif
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xaei wrote: »
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    I really love this game and I'm enjoying it a lot, but there is a single reason that has put me at the edge of the unsubscribe button. And is a huge problem that I don't see addressed on this post. and that is:

Your businesses model....

The cash grab decisions:
    1) Locking an entire race behind a paywall. I can't express how pissed off I was with this. and I don't think I need to explain why.

2) Punishing those who didn't purchase the imperial edition by forcing them to play a walking simulator. The experience without the horse can be horrifying, specially on cyrodil, and the high prices of the horses makes that worse. But the true sin here is that you are giving a huge advantage to people who decided to pay more. Thats the insignia of "pay to win" games. Which I hate, but I can understand under a free to play model... but adding this stuff in a full price + monthly subscription game is horrible.

3) Having a cash shop is what gives me the most fear. Right now the imperial horse is a pay to win item that should not be there. And the locked imperial race should be available for everyone. but cash shop gives me fear because of the potential it has. so what are you going to put there in the future? "pay to change your name" "pay to change regions" "pay to respec your character" "pay to change your alliance" "pay to change your race" "pay to obtain cosmetical items" "pay to obtain a bunch of crafting materials" "pay to obtain this epic flying horse" "pay to obtain this legendary armor set" "pay to autolevel your character to VR 10" .....

while some of them even sound nice, none of them should be present on a subscription based game.

So I want to finally say the following:

1) Are you aware of this problem? are you aware that this can destroy you?

2) If I see any further "pay to win" or cash grab moves by zenimax, I will not hesitate to hit that unsubscribe button, to my sadness.

but don't be sad, I love this game and I will continue to enjoy it as long as I can and as long as it doesn't make me feel I have been robbed.
    snip

The problem with cosmetics in the cashshop isn't that people mind there being cosmetics in itself, but that it take a lot of time away from the developers that could have been used to produce actual content.

If you look at GW2 for example, you can clearly tell the damage done by the cash shop cosmetics. For a start, we haven't had 1 complete armor set which is actually obtainable in game since launch, because those resources have been used to make cosmetic gear in the cash shop. It's cash shop day in, cash shop day out, the game becomes an advertising ground for the cash shop .

A lot of people are paying $15 a month to avoid that, to say, 'look devs, here's my money, please don't waste your time on the cash shop and focus on the game instead'. If you then follow the exact same model say, as GW2, people are going ask why are they paying $15 extra.

Although I have to agree that Angry Joe's ESO review being pretty balls. As someone that just doesn't like MMOs outright and has little idea on how they actually work (see his review of GW2 where he seems to present the B2P/F2P model as a flawless superior to the P2P model), he really wasn't qualified to review a MMO. As expected, his review has a bunch of things just outright wrong, and some things (like why puzzles are personalised) where he just doesn't consider why it's like that before going off on a 38 min rant.

I can't say that I agree with you, sure it's a valid concern, but I have both GW2 and WoW, who both have cash shops. The differences are obvious. I have no doubt in my mind that if Blizzard is capable of devoting a small handful of its staff to designing an equivalently small handful of items for its supplemental income, then I'm sure that Zenimax is savvy enough to pull off the task just fine.

Taking a closer look at GW2 though, once someone purchases the game, ArenaNet's sole source of revenue for the game comes from the cash shop. And that revenue is neither predictable nor guaranteed. But, it's Anet's bread and butter and they devote a far larger portion of their time and resources to filling that cash shop with items and advertising its wares, which is why their cash shop is so massive compared to the cash shops of P2P games like WoW and ESO (think Wal-Mart Super Center vs. Gamestop). Hell, you can probably expect them to start erecting billboards in the game for the new outfits that they're selling. On top of that their cash shop is also designed with some slightly more debilitating strategies, such as the 5 character slots vs 8 classes. Granted they did make good on their promise that nothing in the cash shop would be "pay to win", it's still very "BUY OXY-CLEAN NOW!". You can also see that their cash shop is there mostly to sustain itself and the game's maintenance. Compared to the upgrades currently planned by Zenimax even this early in ESO's lifecycle and what we have already seen from WoW, the added content that we have seen in GW2 is more or less just re-skinned content that is already in the game (I am NOT saying the content is bad, I love that game, but let's face facts here...). Unlike Anet's micro transaction model, the subscription model with the additional cash shop on the side has given Blizzard the revenue they've needed to pull off some truly impressive additions to the game that I'm sure were never expected to be possible with a 10 year old game engine.

Based on a very successful business model that is very similar to, and I am guessing is the inspiration for, Zenimax's business model, I have no problem whatsoever with what they are doing. If I was Zenimax, I would have done the same thing because it has greater potential to facilitate the game's thriving longevity based on observation, as opposed to simply keeping it on life-support. As a customer, I can see this, and I'm sure that Firor and the rest of Zenimax are very aware of what their competitors are doing.

So, unfortunately I cannot agree with you that having a cash shop with a subscription based game will be in any way counter-productive to the inclusion of more relevant content and better overall customer support/system maintenance.
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    Mizumauz wrote: »
    ...I know we ALL have dealt with this: there's a chest, you spot it, other guy nearby doesn't-but there's an enemy npc there, so first of course you have to kill the guy to unlock the chest or he will just interrupt you every time, so you proceed to kill enemy npc-while doing so the nearby other player spots the chest and runs over and loots it while you hold the npc's aggro... so since you were "so kind" as to pull that enemy first, the other dude gets to loot your chest uninterrupted...

I don't think this is so much an ESO problem, rather a player issue. Back in the day on other MMO's they would be called ninja's!

For some reason, over the past few years, we put up with this kind of bad play style.

At one time, a player who did this would be identified as a ninja and, quite often, would suffer the consequences of not being able to group with other players.

I don't for one minute condone the public humiliation of another player, but I also think there should be a system to rank a players behaviour.

• jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    Just in few short sentences my impression of ESO.
    Indeed initially I was not impressed. It was the price to pay for ZM when people were changing from full 3D best graphics single player game to performance optimized MMO. I played also other MMO where graphics was much more crap, but for ESO I simply had big expectations - too big and this maked dissapointment. Still I do not see any other I could move to, so the final result is positive.
    Second I was also not impressed by questing, but I was also impressed by it: - from one hand we got theme park questing - but from the other hand they are so nice and different from other MMOs.
    I got few suggestions, but I'm just afraid my suggestions do not match MMO players wishes, so take my few words from person who is more aesthetic oriented and I missed them from the list of incoming changes:

1. add real AA, some people have good graphics cards for the reason so eyes like to watch the screen

2. add few random hidden voice driven quests. the best one I had was: walking on road I heard two womans arguing about campfire, so I put light and they thank to me. It was really nice, may be some random quests of this type (no quests markers and simple, but giving achievements and random so they are not best for wiki readers)?

3. In nature all moves - in ESO all stays in one place.
    Some nice examples: in Cyrodill I could see lion walking (few meters, but always) and I stopped and just watched, I could see small lvl1 creatures wandering (best was when I opened inventory and millipede walked in the background)
    Half way example are deers - then are able to run 20 meters - that is nice because it looks like they live, but then they stop and run reverse path.
    Disasters: butterflies, wolfs.
    I think that may be small effort to make all move a bit more could give a big effect - may be not so important as compared to high level VR dungeons, but also it should be not so hard.
    There are nice subtle things like ogrims mumble hum - I can hear it when I sneak to them - all this are nice, but beeing too static.

4. Cyrodill is too empty, it should have more neutral settlers, more high level neutral animals and could have wolf packs roaming around. I can understand that it is build big for some reasons but you need to try to fix emptiness of it a bit and if random roaming is not best place for PvE regins Cyrodill seems could handle it with no problem. If there are better ideas nobody will cry if you decide to replace it with something else later.

5. Second/Third class choice. This is one thing that once I choose NB I will never be a good healer. Why I can not choose second class and choose the role I want to play? Switching to resto staff is good, but I will never be healer (or tank) and it is completely not the same. There are a lot of skill points, so why force to create new alt and make all quests again?

6. In inventory there is junk tab, but actually there should be valuables tab. There are armor sets and alternative weapons and bank can be used but if they are in inventory I have to think all the time not to sell them - this is painfull and not realistic. While nothing happens if I do not sell some junk items it is disaster if I sell something valuable and not buy back in time.
  • Sarezar
    Sarezar
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to say that any improvements that can happen via the use of Add-ons should be second priority to Zenimax. This is just my personal opinion and I understand if some disagree with me. However, if we can let the amazing modding community to fill in the gaps while Zenimax delivers big chunks of real content, we will have the best of both worlds.

Having said that, I would like to slowly see more options allowed for modders. For example, I would like to see both equipped staves on my mage's back, with an option to turn this on/off. Could we potentially see modders having the ability to do something like that, without allowing them too much access?

More MOD powah please :smile:
  • martinkollingb16_ESO
    I hope you all agree dyeing and tinting needs to be simple and without complication to be involved too much in the "Currency" Of it having to be sold "WTS" I trade chat, make it simple and easy to get.. Takes so long to get upgrading stones, and one does not wanna have to spend 10k of gold for one piece of armor dyed, for every piece everytime he wants it dyed. With that said i hope this feature comes along with craglorn that they'll have it done by then, i really thing it is something the game need for player to stands a little bit more out.
  • martinkollingb16_ESO
    UH i would be excited to know if anyone know, of player housing if it shall be arriving or something ? Since i heard rumours that in the future it will, i just hope it can be a good hub for players to use for roleplay and just hang out have a mug of mead, raise mug to the divines, and prepare for a perhaps vampire hunt ? I sure do hope that housing shall be arriving :) Keep up the good work zenimax future patches for the first time interest me in an MMO xD
  • Elki_Wilderglas
    This is fantastic news and has renewed my drive. I'm looking forward to the death recap the most as this is valuable info on what kind of enchanted items and potions will help defend me against different enemies! I'd love to know what specific type of damage the harvester NPC's use against me when they cast the wave of floor corpses before summoning their health orbs.

The 5 extra days I think is more than generous considering we only really lost about a day of our early start due to the server being down, but I'll happily take it. Maint needs to occur regularly to keep the game online, and while it was a bit ad-hoc in the first couple of weeks, they've definitely found a rythm and better still, factored Oceanic time-zone gamers into that rythm. Look at EVE they lose an hour a day for maint which ads up to 7 hours a week which is about the same as ESO now which imo is a far better game.

One thing I would really like to have seen mentioned in the update is information on current server performance and targets for the future(Other than migration for the EU megaserver). Other than lag spikes in faction zones during weekends, I had my first run at PVP in TESO last night and found combat almost impossible in in larger groups due to the choppiness and lag. My in game mail started mailfunctioning and my messages in chat weren't going through. It turned out later I wasn't alone in this. Several members of our group incl myself were kicked off the server at different points. I tried to stick it out hoping it would get better but eventually our group of 8 became 2 as group members left out of frustration with lag or were kicked from the server. I would really like to give PVP in TESO more time as I have enjoyed exploring AD territory and EP territory during beta and since launch and fighting alongside my guildmates and other faction players. During a brief repreive from lag I was ambushed by VR4 DC player just outside a DC keep who I fought and killed 1on1 (I was L38) and am holding onto that victory as what PVP in TESO could be like sans lag.

Please keep the updates coming!
    Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases
    Oh please, since it's 1st on the to-do list, make it work sooooonnnn please
  • OutcastVP
    OutcastVP
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the added game time. I will still go back to play the real elder scrolls games after my time is up. I may come back in the future to see if some of the stuff that makes me not want to play have been fixed.

Some of these and suggestions of improvement are:

1. I hate the combat system where if you run to far away from an enemy it is reset. Especially if you play a ranged character like me. If you really need to have this reset feature then make the area for reset 10 times bigger then what it is now.
    2. Make player trading more easy, have a big tradehouse where players can trade.
    3. Consider making level restrictions on gear less restricting. If you like me want to have a challange and go a bit over my level to do quests I feel punished for not being able to use the rewards I get because they are to high level.
    4. Fix the extremely annoying repetitive npc. The worst example is in Daggerfall where there are two npc outside the smithing hall that repeat the same line every 10 seconds. It is one of the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in a game.
    5. Fix setting to enable Deapth of field. You obviously have it in the game for dialogues and some dream quests. DoF makes any game look twise as pretty and if you look at any enb or graphics mod for the previous Elder Scrolls you should have figured out it was a wanted feature.
    6. Make the game feel less gamey if possible. I don't feel this is a real breathing world at all. It feels more like a teampark you run around in. Much of this feeling comes from the very static enemies that respawn and reset right in front of your eyes or hit you when they are not really even close to connecting with you. There are so many immersive breaking things in this game.
    7. Fix the horrible inventory system. Again look at some of the mods for previous Elder Scroll games if it is hard to figure out. The inventory system in this game is one of the worst I have ever seen. You should have the possibility to sort by type of armor for example. And when you are in a shop you should be able to see what equpment you have on you and compare it easely. Also you should be able to see what armors and weapons you have already rechearced etc etc.
    8. Stop from clipping into other players in a way that makes you see their "insides"
    9. I am using a mod to hide much of the HUD. But it would be good to also have a native option for hiding npc healthbars when not in combat. There is no reason to see their health if you are not in combat, especially in towns.
    10. Allow native controller support on PC!
    11. Make controls more response if possible. There is often a slight delay and the way abilities can't be activated when running is just annoying etc and breaks the flow.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    Matt- if you're off to level your Nightblade, why don't you put more effort into fixing the bugs in the class and balance it to the other ones better?!? As of now, you hardly see anybody playing one in PvP because they are so useless.

I really wish there was a statement regarding how broken OP the DK class is, and has been for a year on the PTS with no fix in sight. Even the DKs in the test server have been telling you for a year that they are grossly OPd. Then add the class synergy to the Vampire line and it is total god mode. People are leaving PvP in droves due to rage quitting. There is NO way to counter this, regardless what people who support the build say. Something this broken warrants an emergency hot fix but it has been going on for weeks. I loved PvP in Beta, as did pretty much my whole guild. Now I hate it due to its brokenness. My guild has already had VR10s leave the game over this issue. I'm afraid you are going to be doing too little too late for a lot of people. Especially when the fixes are so simple. But with your track record of ignoring the PTS comments for a year, confidence in the devs and ZOS is at nil.

I'm glad there is so much work being done to kill bots and ban spammers, but in reality they are merely an annoyance. The broken skills and class imbalances will ruin the game. At least a statement to acknowledge that these things are broken and you are actively looking at how to fix them and balance things out would go a long way.

I agree, so many issues in VR zones especially beyond DK and Sorc classes. It is like they forgot to finish this portion and focus so much on the early lvls to lure players when they game is still not finished on the other side. Zones are still bugged in many aspects.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    xxJokerxx wrote: »
    HEY! ESO/Zenimax,

You came in knowing it was an MMO now want to know about single play? Lol.
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    ESO just keep getting better. Thrilled to see them hitting the gate running, I expect great things in the future.
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    •Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
    •A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases

I wish for a combination of both. A autolevel system in the open world so I can play with my RL friends who often are in other lvels than me and not just random Joe who happen to have the same level and quest as me. It's been done in other games 10 years ago, and it worked fine. I can not see a reason for it to not be a reality.

Together with a more easily managed quest tracker (Leader chooses quest from his own, and all members get the navpoints, killcounts etc even if they don't have the quest themselves) this would make playing this game with my RL friends actually possible.
  • fentowski
    fentowski
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in love and I want to shout it out from the rooftops! Update soon so my heart doesn't break.