The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• Dargilbon
    Dargilbon
    looking forwars to the changes to come especially justice system and spell craft and a thieves guild. Also changes to the crafting system. I would like to see more of area ofTrameiel available to explore then just the 5areas per pact at the moment
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this was posted earlier, but if I was originally slatted to be billed on May 4th, now that date will be moved forward to the 9th? Haven't received the email yet, so I don't know.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Elwynn
    Elwynn
    ESO's a great game!!! Keep at it guys :D
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you zenimax, this is exactly what the players have been asking for, communication and a minor game time reimbursement for all your unscheduled downtime. I'm very happy that you have been listening to us :)
  • bronzestar250
    Add Hearthfire system on top of this and let there be rum and *** for all!
  • Grandpappy
    Die hard TES fan. Love the game, and would like to see more armor styles or skins. Keep up the good work..
  • alienbongs
    alienbongs
    Soul Shriven
    This is the reason subscription games are better. Awesome.
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an absolutely awesome platform of a game to build upon. Most of the stuff on the list I'd already seen hinted at here and there, but glad to see it put out there like this. I'll be very happy to see four (or maybe more?) guilds in game that eventually will have end game content built into their systems. Mages guild it looks like a no brainer how things are set up currently post story line. Fighters guild have their area as well though it's not as visually apparent what the intent is if you only see them. Certainly thieves guild and dark brotherhood in previous titles were the primary source of my end game play in skyrim. So really it does stand to reason that we will see some kind of similar system here in ESO.

Great job guys keep up the good work.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • Eryndae
    Eryndae
    I am having such a great time with this game! My 3rd mmo (wow and LotRo), and I like the evolution of graphics especially. I *love* the quest chains I have experienced so far-- I was worried about running out at level cap, until I remembered there are 3 factions and areas, so I can eventually play around with other entirely fresh topographies and stories.

I really appreciate the responsive feel you Zen folks are giving us too-- thank you! It's wonderful to feel like our loyalty would/will be well placed.

Ok, here's the dream-- housing? Maybe sometime down the road? My only TES game was Skyrim, and that was a fun part of the game!
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All awesome news, great work, but pls FIX THE DAMN VAMPIRE ULTIMATE AND PVP BALANCES like root immunity timer etc.. all should be perfect after that!!! PLS. Thanks.
  • Theoriginalubiety
    I...I gotta tell you, I'm really excited to see
    what you're capable of, if Nord King Jorunn is right and all...We're
    not supposed to talk about this, but if you are...Man, it's
    a very exciting time. We got a lot to do, lets get to it..
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Armor dyeing and tinting' YES PLEASE!! <3

So many exciting things to look forward too! Keep up the excellent work Zenimax! You have my money for life! :D
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    Do not lose this momentum. That list of things currently under development has me very excited to continue my subscription but at the end of every month I am most definitely going to look for that list and decide if I continue for now or maybe try again the next month. Despite the critics, IMO you guys have done a great job so far. Please for the love of Stendarr keep it up. (yn)
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my list of things I want to see:

1: No more need for /reloadui at every interactible or staircase in the game so I can proceed further without getting stuck in loading architecture or not seeing the person I need to speak to at the end of the quest because they won't load without it.
    2: No More Crash to Desktop or worse BSOD! I haven't seen one of those since Windows XP til now!
    3: A 1 click Option to report Gold Seller email spam!
    4: A 1 click Option to report Gold Seller chat spam!
    5: A 1 click Option to report BOTS with automated Screen Capture!

And for PTS right now:
    The ability to actually use the Cyrodil Transit system from the main AD Base that shows the Cyrodil map and not just the localized base area trapping you there. How on earth did you break this?
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Unimpressed. ESO has no business at all bringing new content into the game when the base game isn't even fixed yet and remains severely broken. Patting themselves on the back for fixing some main quest bugs is a total joke because that should have been done in beta. They were reported for months but never fixed and it was released anyways. If you want to truly fix the game and stop the unsubs you need to fix the pvp issues. Bonus points are a joke "fix" because it doesn't actually fix anything. That is about like giving candy to a trauma patient and telling them it is going to make them better.

What should be the top priorities:
    1) Fix the OP'd vamp abilities. They are breaking rvr. It has turned into vamp wars online. This junk should not be spammable. Bats suck 75% of your health nearly immediately. Being able to walk around spamming bats/dk root/shield wall being infinitely invulnerable nearly is broken lame game play.
    2) Fix the lack of of a root/stun/disorient immunity timer. PVP has turned in to Stungard all over again. Jacobs has no excuse for not seeing that coming after DAoC. What were you thinking with all instant cast spammable roots/stuns and no immunity? After Stungard, you are telling me he really didn't see that coming?
    3) Fix keyboard responsiveness. Sometimes you hit abilities and they just don't go off despite no client side lag, good fps, and everything being good on the client side. This is a server issue.
    4) Truly fix pvp population imbalance by either moderating pvp entry to within a particular % of the lower populations instead of just a total cap or by granting an underdog buff so the smaller population can actually have a chance when outnumbered 3 to 1. Bonus points do not help this and does nothing to actually fix it.
    5) Address the numerous broken abilities reported in the forums.
    6) Address spammability of many abilities. You truly need cast timers and less items being instant especially the stuns and roots. Given you kind of shot yourself in the butt on this one by choosing to go with a miniscule hotbar with only 5 buttons and 2 specials. To do it you may have to implement a standard mmorg UI and that would be a welcome change
    7) Address the severe differences in weapon speed and dps. Bows shoot super fast yet still carry big dps that slower weapons do but with higher speed and from range. Either drop the rate or drop the dps. Meanwhile staves need to be brought up on par with with other 2h weapons. They are slow and often misfire with animation but nothing happening this is why many sorcerors have flipped to bow plus bow on occasion is proccing some unusually large damage.
    8 ) Fix vamp misting being spammed while carrying a scroll making an untargettable carrier that goes faster than horses.
    9) Fix the DK claw root spam. I've seen DKs kill spamming nothing but that one ability because you break one or two and the next just retraps you due to no cast timers or immunity.
    10) Fix the shield bash/rush spam again seen people kill just spamming these two over and over because it stuns everytime and the victim has zero chance to fight back. Being unable to fight back is not pvp.
    11) At least acknowledge publicly that you are aware of the pvp issues by calling them out and letting us know that something is being worked on. Right now the deafening silence is worse than anything and patch notes that address nothing to do with the above are just irritating.

I am sure there will be many trolls that complain about this post because their favorite broken ability abusable spam button is called out. That is their problem. They can learn to play with skill instead of being a one-two key warrior. Having to rely on a broken mechanic to spam disabling damage to win isn't real pvp and is for losers with no real talent at pvp.
    Edited by jeradlub17_ESO on May 2, 2014 2:24AM
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    - Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
    - https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
    - http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice attitude @Musonius,
    I found a better suited game for you ---> http://www.hellokittyonline.com/
    Musonius wrote: »
    Desperation PR move because of all the unsubs and negative reviews. Good luck at the unemployment office.

• Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Some heavy stuffs in stores for us! :) What's the estimated timeline for at least some of them to happen?
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Mimmsy
    Mimmsy
    Yeah if Trials dont blow me away then ill be waiting 3-4 months for you to update some of this content before I pay sub fees.
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Please accept my humble gratitude, I apologise for any unwarranted vitriol.

• valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, don't forget that there are other things we're working on that Matt did not list. That was just a sneak peek of some features that are actively being developed. :)

I will be back when all of the NB bugs are fixed. It's sad that this game is to the fist major patch only to see very few of the massive amounts of NB bugs being fixed.

I want to experience the game with a working class, not be pissed off and angry that I spent my points on things that don't work. I would also link to see a LOT more PR from ZOS.
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Combat balance???

I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen numerous VR10 players walk away from this game in the past week simply because you've refused to balance some of the game-ruining PVP exploits and imbalances in lieu of focusing entirely on PVE content.

You're making a big mistake by ignoring PVP balance.

Let's start with a short list:
    - Vampire exploits and overpowered skills compared to Fighters Guild. (there is currently no downside to playing a vampire)
    - Oil pots being dropped in towers and spilled on the floor for defense.
    - Werewolves are completely broken.
    - Endless mercenary placement bugs.
    - Underpowered melee styles in comparison to shield bash.
    - Overall class balance between Templar, NB, and DK, for the most part.

You can't do balance till all the class bugs are fixed. At least with the NB, Dk, Temp, and Sorc.
  • metalgold
    metalgold
    ✭✭
    Great stuff, looking forward to all of this!! One comment on our aspiring necromancers out there...How the hell are they supposed to work this into the game when no-one has a soul? If I pwn someone in PVP I want to be able to defile their corpse properly, how do I do that in a world full of soulless characters? I think any aspiring necromancer has probably moved on to more...fertile ground...I hear Azeroth has lots and lots of souls to defile...cept the panda ones...eeewwww...
    "Tungur knivur"
  • taurrannub18_ESO
    If they nerf Bolt Escape, I will quit. It's literally the only thing a sorc has going for them.

DKs already outdamage and out CC sorcs.
  • nickroc
    nickroc
    ✭✭
    Woah 5 extra days, don't strain yourselves! Been plenty of us unable to play the game for more than 5 days, and still deal with this *** when we can.
    Error 301: You purchased The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

I do hope killing NPCs involve sucking their blood as vampire and mauling them as werewolf B)
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6) Address spammability of many abilities. You truly need cast timers and less items being instant especially the stuns and roots. Given you kind of shot yourself in the butt on this one by choosing to go with a miniscule hotbar with only 5 buttons and 2 specials. To do it you may have to implement a standard mmorg UI and that would be a welcome change

I would have to say that overall, you mean well. But you almost gave away your hand in this one.

I like the limited bar. I like that it's not a traditional format with ability timers and macro-friendly skill loops.

Some abilities are being abused right now, and I think you've addressed them. But I still fully support the system ZOS put into place which allows us to use whatever ability we wish, as long as it has the resources to do so.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Verona
    Verona
    ✭✭
    I am so excited for the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood!

Good list - it'll be fabulous if all of this makes it into game within the planned time frames.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unimpressed. ESO has no business at all bringing new content into the game when the base game isn't even fixed yet and remains severely broken. t

Last time I checked you are paying them to play THEIR game. Their rules.
    Are you the type of guy who believes just because you are employed by a company that they owe YOU?

• Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    See no mention of true fullscreen.....
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try not to be a "fanboy", but Matt makes it really hard. B)
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"