The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• sirvincentiii
    "Animation tweaks and polish
    Combat ability balance changes and fixes
    Class ability tweaks and updates
    Content bug fixes, especially edge cases where quests could become de-synced"

These are a very very big deal for me because it kills immersion and makes playing really frustrating and not fun. I enjoy the combat in this game and these bugs are a deal breaker for me.

And please, don't forget the terrain and invisible walls. Also leashing mobs needs to be fixed since it's making the Bow's Focused Aim ability useless seeing mob to only resets because they have to travel farther.

Nevertheless, thank you for the 5 days complimentary service.
    ~ Sir Vincent III
    http://sirvincentiii.com
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen a very small amount of the negative reviews as genuine attempts at providing constructive criticism. The majority of the negative reviews seem to boil down to 2 things: A)It's an MMO, and B) It's not a re-release of Skyrim. I have to say this, I am having a lot of fun with the game. I've played both the single player games and MMOs ad nauseum, and this game has so far been the best combination of those two things that I could have reasonably expected given their inherently incompatible natures. Judging by these announcements it is only going to get better. You guys are doing a great job and I am looking forward to seeing how this game evolves as time progresses. Level 32 Nightblade with the traditional stealth assassin build and loving every second of my time in game. As a side note, I never play MMOs with the intention of being "Immersed" in the world, and yet I have by some strange twist found myself on more than one occasion realizing that I just spent the last few hours totally lost in the world of Tamriel, and that in itself is an impressive accomplishment in my book. Keep it up guys, and bring on the Dark Brotherhood (that has always been my favorite quest line in TES games)!
  • krazleganub17_ESO
    I really love this game and I'm enjoying it a lot, but there is a single reason that has put me at the edge of the unsubscribe button. And is a huge problem that I don't see addressed on this post. and that is:

Your businesses model....

The cash grab decisions:
    1) Locking an entire race behind a paywall. I can't express how pissed off I was with this. and I don't think I need to explain why.

2) Punishing those who didn't purchase the imperial edition by forcing them to play a walking simulator. The experience without the horse can be horrifying, specially on cyrodil, and the high prices of the horses makes that worse. But the true sin here is that you are giving a huge advantage to people who decided to pay more. Thats the insignia of "pay to win" games. Which I hate, but I can understand under a free to play model... but adding this stuff in a full price + monthly subscription game is horrible.

3) Having a cash shop is what gives me the most fear. Right now the imperial horse is a pay to win item that should not be there. And the locked imperial race should be available for everyone. but cash shop gives me fear because of the potential it has. so what are you going to put there in the future? "pay to change your name" "pay to change regions" "pay to respec your character" "pay to change your alliance" "pay to change your race" "pay to obtain cosmetical items" "pay to obtain a bunch of crafting materials" "pay to obtain this epic flying horse" "pay to obtain this legendary armor set" "pay to autolevel your character to VR 10" .....

while some of them even sound nice, none of them should be present on a subscription based game.

So I want to finally say the following:

1) Are you aware of this problem? are you aware that this can destroy you?

2) If I see any further "pay to win" or cash grab moves by zenimax, I will not hesitate to hit that unsubscribe button, to my sadness.

but don't be sad, I love this game and I will continue to enjoy it as long as I can and as long as it doesn't make me feel I have been robbed.
  • csubsb14_ESO
    csubsb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Looks like a lot of great things to come. This is a truly beautiful MMORPG and this is by far the smoothest launch of an MMORPG I've experienced and I've been playing them since EQ1 was launched. This is a great place to be as you start to improve on the game. Keep up the great work!
  • marlenadavisb16_ESO
    marlenadavisb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This looks really amazing! I was wondering if there any talk or plan on doing a housing system for ESO, for us decorating types =D
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Supremacy wrote: »
    Seriously? A major ESO statement & update/news announcement and not a peep of the Console versions for over 4 months and its release scheduled within a month. =(

You think they would have learned from their mistakes by now, wouldn't you. ESO suffered sales due to leaving the world in the dark on their game until the last 30 days before release. I am more worried about the business choices this company makes more than about anything. Why? Because it is what can hurt them the most, if they can't make smart good business choices in the market place, what confidence can I have that they will do any better in the content of their game.

Releasing new content before they fix the massive problems they have currently in game is a mistake many other companies have made and payed dearly for it. If they would have not let people level 1-50 in a few days new content would not have been needed to pacify those who leveled so quickly.
    Edited by valkaneer2b14_ESO on May 3, 2014 3:04AM
  • Debisibllaallb14_ESO
    Player housing?? Please!?
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    •Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.
    are we getting skills like mage and fighters? that helps the nightblade build?

and yes Player housing? Please! (to use all of the trophy show off)
    Edited by kurstein on May 3, 2014 3:35AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
  • Courtneyerin120nub19_ESO
    This is awesome. I'm so excited for what's to come especially spell crafting and the Dark Brotherhood. Thank you Zenimax for the extra days of play also we really do appreciate it! o:)
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    That upcoming feature list has some awesome stuff, I can't wait.
    Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chamomile wrote: »
    And of course there is NO mention about the memory leak in the Mac client that makes PvP basically unplayable. The client crashes every 30 minutes!! How is this not at the top of the list of fixes?!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/63356/cyrodiil-other-memory-related-crashes-post-feedback-reports-here

Yeah well, people shouldn't be using Macs in the first place ;-0)
    lolz

• justsimon_ESO
    justsimon_ESO
    ✭✭
    dark brotherhood and thieves guild are top on my list... please just odn't make ALL the end quests about the Nightmother! ;) i would like bring up the issue of an AH. i know currently with all the bots etc, economy could be difficult to even out... but i do think you are doing a wonderful job, seem to be listening to feedback and i genuinely have faith you be able to correct the illegal activity so that that an AH could work. the other point i'd like to make is what if our ALTs could be our "public" method of sales? in FFXI mules worked well and allowed us to "park" an alt and sell directly from their inventory. alternatively, having the ability to put up a flag with items in our inventory for sale as we run around could be an interim solution. you guys really have made my year with the the amount of work you've clearly put into the game... looking forward to slitting throats and making bank! thank you for letting me rant. cheers.
  • Volimar
    Volimar
    Soul Shriven
    Please please please add native 360 controller support!
  • DBHAShadow
    DBHAShadow
    ✭✭
    So in order to receive the five free days that should be deserved to all that bought the game, people need to sign up for the re-occuring subscription....do you really care about how the players actually feel or just how much you can take from our wallets.

Doesn't seem like a very smart idea to not extend this to everyone that bought the game and had to suffer...but I'm sure you will find a whole bunch of un-happy campers once you go through with this shameful compensation to only those who are paying you.

The game was broken before launch and you made us all suffer not just those who continue to pay you for this extremely broken and frustrating game...to bad consumer affairs never get involved in this crooked industry.

"In recognition of this experience and to show our gratitude to everyone who supported the launch, we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time."

It states right there, anyone who had an active account (IE registered and using the 30 days of free time prior to may 1st) get the free time. Next time please read the patch notes slower before getting huffed up, reading comprehension is important.
    i'm not senDing sublIminal mEssages.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't we get a companions tree line? I enjoyed the quest and in Skyrim we could join there guild. But nothing in eso. F dark brotherhood! I stand by my companions as they were family or friends. and will slay any assign whom i come across.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    UGH! This is exactly why this "justice system" should have been a part of the game from the beginning, Zeni! I just e
    I just encountered a high elf and a bosmer arguing in Grahtwood. After listening to the conversation, I was finally asked what I thought. Being a Bosmer, I told my fellow Bosmer that the high elf was wrong, but so was said Bosmer. We were all in this fight together. The High elf was saying Altmer are better than us, regardless of what either of us thought, and that we needed to learn our places. That should have been the end of his life! That's how my particular character would have handled it! Had I been on my high elf, I would have sided with the high elf, but left the Bosmer alive. But, alas, Ill continue leveling, and that conversation was 100 percent pointless. Come on. This needs to be in the first couple of updates, along with the Thieve's guild. Just sayin... It's stuff like this that really makes it hard to keep playing. I am not going to not sub for this month or anything, but it certainly crossed my mind to stop playing until these things are added. I hate the thought of what my characters will miss out on, at their appropriate levels, because Zeni decided to not implement a justice system and 2 guilds that are some of the biggest draws of the Elder Scrolls series!
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just re-iterating guys

The letter only touches on SOME things they are doing (see CS Rep previous comment in this thread to confirm that).

I also made a post in regards to an AMA the devs did the other day that gives a little more information on what the letter mentioned (plus some other stuff they are doing):
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/773334/
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on May 3, 2014 11:44AM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just re-iterating guys

The letter only touches on SOME things they are doing (see CS Rep previous comment in this thread to confirm that).

I also made a post in regards to an AMA the devs did the other day that gives a little more information on what the letter mentioned (plus some other stuff they are doing):
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/773334/

Has me even more excited for the future of this game. However, I now believe the justice system is going to be months down the road, like end of summer or even later, based on the ambitiousness of what they want to do. I want to point out that I know I sound entitled on my last post and this one, but I don't mean for that to be the case. I am well aware that it's MUCH better for them to get things "right" then just release stuff "willy nillie". My only issue is, as I said, how much we are missing out on at the appropriate level by the lack of justice system and 2 missing NPC guilds. Just like the random encounter in my last post, I also had one where I saved a couple from a bandit attack. IF the justice system gives "good karma" or whatever it will be labelled, I'd have to go back and find that particular encounter, right? Or, the merchants I've robbed on a different character I have. Will the justice be retroactive? Regardless, it's hard to play knowing what is coming. It's one thing when a game says new content in the future is coming, and it's stuff that raises level cap or is for higher levels. But, if the 2 guilds coming are like the fighters/mages' guilds, it means high level folks will be going to do level 10 quests for Thieve's guild, at level 43 or something. Not exactly thrilling to beast mode through a quest TO ME. Other may disagree, and that's fine, of course :)

And player housing kind of presents a similar issue. Not everyone likes to get to level cap and do stuff over and over trying to get the most "uber" gear. I make alts. I am an alt-o-holic lol. Not a lot of incentive for me to get a level 50, VR-10 character back out just to decorate a house when I wont be playing him much. BUt again, that's just me. I love this game. My complaints are few. And the ones that most of us share, like bugs n' bots, are being fixed and I applaud Zeni for that. But for those who are like me, or, the RP'ers, we are missing out on a lot, and will have to level alts in order to enjoy the new content. I didn't care if my Bosmer or Breton were in thieve's or DB guilds, for example. So Ive been leveling them. But, the news of justice system, as I Said in previous post, kind of puts a damper on playing them. I guess I can nerd-out, and write down the places where I've encountered events like the one from my previous comment, and then take my Bosmer back there to teach that mouth Altmer a lesson. ;) But, my Nord is on hold, because I like the idea of my fat, smiling Nord being in the DB because he doesn't look part. I want my Khajiit in the Thieve's guild. My Orc would surely attack certain NPCs found in the world, such as in the encounter from my last comment, and I want to make a Redguard who never uses magic, but isn't going to be stuck with a magic using class, or stuck with the few weapon skills while the class offers 15+skills he wont even use. Last off, I want a Dark Elf nightblade that can use some fire magic, but not with a staff. Have to wait for that, too. I want my Breton, who is my main, and also made to look like me and make decisions I would make if i were him, to have player housing. As I said, I don't want him to be 50+/VR10 and have a cool house I don't really use because I don't want to play him and do raids all day for "uber" gear. That's not my play style. NOTE: I understand these are my idiosyncrasies lol. I don't expect to be catered to, but it would be nice to get some ETAs on content, ya know?
  • Mizumauz
    Mizumauz
    I am really pleased by what is mentioned in "the road ahead" but, I must bring to attention the one thing that really bothers me about the game at this time.

The placing of enemy NPCs right next to nodes, resources, chests, quest objectives (i.e. collectible items, etc.) and their ability to interrupt you.
    I know we ALL have dealt with this: there's a chest, you spot it, other guy nearby doesn't-but there's an enemy npc there, so first of course you have to kill the guy to unlock the chest or he will just interrupt you every time, so you proceed to kill enemy npc-while doing so the nearby other player spots the chest and runs over and loots it while you hold the npc's aggro... so since you were "so kind" as to pull that enemy first, the other dude gets to loot your chest uninterrupted.
    Same with nodes, resources, or quest objectives, literally there are some players that run around quest sites, as soon as someone pulls an enemy near a collectible quest item, they run in, take it, and leave you holding the aggro of that enemy and getting nothing in return. This, needs to change. At least for quests, don't make the item disappear, or make enemies unable to interrupt (doesn't mean you won't take damage). For the others, maybe make it so you can't be interrupted while opening a chest, mining, collecting? as well. The current system creates for such a toxic environment that you begin to loathe your fellow players, which really should not be the case!
    Yes of course we need competition and shouldn't destroy the concept of supply/demand, thus we can't instance off resources etc. But by making these actions impossible to interrupt, players will be rewarded by having a keen eye and spotting these things first-not ripping off other players.
    Edited by Mizumauz on May 3, 2014 12:23PM
    I LOVE YOU!
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not impressed, eso has a shameful pvp, fix this pls.
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on May 3, 2014 12:36PM
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mizumauz wrote: »
    I am really pleased by what is mentioned in "the road ahead" but, I must bring to attention the one thing that really bothers me about the game at this time.

The placing of enemy NPCs right next to nodes, resources, chests, quest objectives (i.e. collectible items, etc.) and their ability to interrupt you.
    I know we ALL have dealt with this: there's a chest, you spot it, other guy nearby doesn't-but there's an enemy npc there, so first of course you have to kill the guy to unlock the chest or he will just interrupt you every time, so you proceed to kill enemy npc-while doing so the nearby other player spots the chest and runs over and loots it while you hold the npc's aggro... so since you were "so kind" as to pull that enemy first, the other dude gets to loot your chest uninterrupted.
    Same with nodes, resources, or quest objectives, literally there are some players that run around quest sites, as soon as someone pulls an enemy near a collectible quest item, they run in, take it, and leave you holding the aggro of that enemy and getting nothing in return. This, needs to change. At least for quests, don't make the item disappear, or make enemies unable to interrupt (doesn't mean you won't take damage). For the others, maybe make it so you can't be interrupted while opening a chest, mining, collecting? as well. The current system creates for such a toxic environment that you begin to loathe your fellow players, which really should not be the case!
    Yes of course we need competition and shouldn't destroy the concept of supply/demand, thus we can't instance off resources etc. But by making these actions impossible to interrupt, players will be rewarded by having a keen eye and spotting these things first-not ripping off other players.

Ok, and when you die doing something, they're still going to take your chest lol.

• Mizumauz
    Mizumauz
    nhisso wrote: »

Ok, and when you die doing something, they're still going to take your chest lol.

Who said anything about dying, most of the time the damage is negligible. Even a level 5 enemy will interrupt you when you're level 50. And for the most part, these actions take under a few seconds, so it's hardly enough time to die-unless of course, your'e a level 5 trying to collect things in a level 50 zone... so, your point is rather-pointless.
    I LOVE YOU!
  • GandalfforPres
    GandalfforPres
    Soul Shriven
    Considering the massive amount of negativity that the developers have probably seen in the last few weeks, I want to be a voice of a more positive type. I'm a massive fan of MMO's and the Elder Scrolls series, and I think it would be hard for me to not love a combination of the two, no matter how it worked out. I'm grateful to the developers for the chance to not only explore Tamriel once again, but to explore so much of it! It's a gamer dream come true for me to be able to go to places once upon a time only mentioned in Elder Scrolls games I've played, like Alik'r and Black Marsh.

Did everything work out perfect? No. No game is. There's always room for improvement, and I'm happy to see the developers working to solve bugs and make the game worthwhile for all of us. I only wish all developers didn't have to deal with the negativity we all see so often in the forums. Seeing this post really makes me look forward to the future. The plans seem to be to make this game an even more immersive Elder Scrolls experience, and that reassures me that my subscription is worthwhile.

So, in short, thank you for making this game. Riding across the sands of Alik'r yesterday with my V4 Nightblade reminded me of what Elders Scrolls does best: taking me to another world. It's a gift to be able to spend a few hours a day and have fun in Tamriel. Keep up the hard work, and players like me will be grateful for it, even though many aren't.
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I'll have to keep praying for playable Necromancy, I know the list does not show everything, that there are other things not listed there, but I doubt something like a Necromancer class/guild/skill line would be omitted from that list. It would be something far too relevant to omit it.

But somehow I wish they omitted that one on purpose. Maybe ZOS surprises me and add playable Necromancy within this year. I'm not losing hope anyways. I know they will add TONS of new features in time.

Justice system, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and Spellcrafting are the most impressive things I could wish, along with necromancy, so I can't complain :). Maybe they add necromancy spells via spellcraft!

Also, poison and disease based staves would be nice to have too. Not only by enchantment, but as main attack element. It would be the perfect complement for a Necromancer (Disease Staff).

/sigh...

Thank you ZOS anyways, you're doing awesome.
    Edited by Ryskim on May 3, 2014 4:15PM
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for honest statment. I don't understand all the hate in reviews, nobody seemes to remember how bad other games was on first days/months/years or how true gold auction houses murdered the game and i took over a year for a developer to see that... :/

You are doing great job guys :) If we'll see something bugged - we'll let you know, without hate and shouting and complaining ;)
    I can wait few days for a quest or a spawn till you'll fix it - i'm young, i have plenty of time :)

Best wishes, i love your game and i know many feels the same.

Not saying this is the case with ESO but often....

What I call herd reviewing happens. The first few reviewers generally speak their own opinions about a product or game, then what happens into the late tail of reviews is that reviewers will often look up what the 'general' feeling on a game is, and how their readers perceive a game and follow that theme in their reviews, often no matter what their opinion of something actually is.

Why do they do this? Because people don't like being wrong. If you see a reviewer massively disagree with your opinion, the first reaction of people often is 'that guy is an idiot, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about', and stop reading that reviewer's future reviews. Reviewers don't want that.

• vamped555
    vamped555
    ✭✭
    How about horses? A lot of us have those white horses, and it's kind of annoying... how about giving us the ability to dye their manes or decorate or put armor on them? Something so that they don't look so generic? And what about jewelry crafting?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really love this game and I'm enjoying it a lot, but there is a single reason that has put me at the edge of the unsubscribe button. And is a huge problem that I don't see addressed on this post. and that is:

The cash grab decisions:
    1) Locking an entire race behind a paywall. I can't express how pissed off I was with this. and I don't think I need to explain why.

2) Punishing those who didn't purchase the imperial edition by forcing them to play a walking simulator. The experience without the horse can be horrifying, specially on cyrodil, and the high prices of the horses makes that worse. But the true sin here is that you are giving a huge advantage to people who decided to pay more. Thats the insignia of "pay to win" games. Which I hate, but I can understand under a free to play model... but adding this stuff in a full price + monthly subscription game is horrible.

3) Having a cash shop is what gives me the most fear. Right now the imperial horse is a pay to win item that should not be there. And the locked imperial race should be available for everyone. but cash shop gives me fear because of the potential it has. so what are you going to put there in the future? "pay to change your name" "pay to change regions" "pay to respec your character" "pay to change your alliance" "pay to change your race" "pay to obtain cosmetical items" "pay to obtain a bunch of crafting materials" "pay to obtain this epic flying horse" "pay to obtain this legendary armor set" "pay to autolevel your character to VR 10" .....

while some of them even sound nice, none of them should be present on a subscription based game.

2) If I see any further "pay to win" or cash grab moves by zenimax, I will not hesitate to hit that unsubscribe button, to my sadness.

but don't be sad, I love this game and I will continue to enjoy it as long as I can and as long as it doesn't make me feel I have been robbed.

Yeah... you've been listening to too many Angry Joe fans.

They're using a very standard business model, subscriptions are not out the door, that's just F2P fanboi propaganda (ask Carbine and Blizzard).

The imperial race is nothing more than a cosmetic pack- I mean think about it, what do you really get with that? 1 racial bonus that has a chance to restore a very marginal amount of health on hit. It's not a strategy changing quality. The rest of their racials are just as common as any other, so nothing spectacular about the Imperial race worth noting. Their armor does look pretty cool though, which incidentally you can find the Motif in-game... so yeah, there's that.

The horse has the same starting stats as the 17k mount that can be purchased in game. It took me 4 days total to save up 20k, and that was even with the deconstruction of anything of value that I looted (I like to craft). Assuming I sold all of that stuff it would have taken me half the time. This is not a "pay to win" item unless you seriously have trouble managing your in-game currency. It also adds no value whatsoever to your ability to overcome the combat based challenges, it simply provides you with a faster mode of transportation, and it provides me with more resources to farm because people on horses usually just breeze right by that without even noticing. (I'm level 34 now, still don't need a horse, this isn't vanilla wow and it doesn't take 30 minutes to get anywhere unless you're doing that on purpose. Thank you fast travel!)

The micro-transaction store is for cosmetic purposes and supplemental revenue for the company (read: more and better content upgrades/customer support). While they may offer the ability to re-customize your character in the future for real-world cash, it's still just cosmetic. Offering a paid leveling service for an MMO is just a death sentence because MMOs (subscription or otherwise) rely on consistent long term interaction with the game from the customers, i.e. spending a couple of months leveling then grinding through the end game content. Your fear that they will add this paid leveling service to their store is just silly. Breathe easy, the sky is not falling.

As far as the cosmetic stuff goes, al la WoW and GW2, how is it really any of your business if I buy a new hair cut or respec? I don't care if anyone buys a horse for 10 dollars or resets their skill points for real-world money instead of in-game currency (as much as I think that would be a waste, who am I to judge) it doesn't offer any significant advantage when overcoming the enemies or other players in the game. A pair of sunglasses won't win you the crown in Cyrodil, your luck and skill are what you have to rely on. In short, it's my money- back off, I'll spend it how I want to... or you know, not spend it. Either way I don't need YOUR PERMISSION to spend MY MONEY. I work my ass off for it, it's mine, not yours, mine. Understood?????
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ryskim wrote: »
    Guess I'll have to keep praying for playable Necromancy, I know the list does not show everything, that there are other things not listed there, but I doubt something like a Necromancer class/guild/skill line would be omitted from that list. It would be something far too relevant to omit it.

But somehow I wish they omitted that one on purpose. Maybe ZOS surprises me and add playable Necromancy within this year. I'm not losing hope anyways. I know they will add TONS of new features in time.

Justice system, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and Spellcrafting are the most impressive things I could wish, along with necromancy, so I can't complain :). Maybe they add necromancy spells via spellcraft!

Also, poison and disease based staves would be nice to have too. Not only by enchantment, but as main attack element. It would be the perfect complement for a Necromancer (Disease Staff).

/sigh...

Thank you ZOS anyways, you're doing awesome.

I'm hoping that they add necromancy too, or better yet, sometime down the road add an actual Necromancer class to the game. I agree with you 100%, those additions sound pretty badass.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

The cash grab decisions:

snip

The problem with cosmetics in the cashshop isn't that people mind there being cosmetics in itself, but that it take a lot of time away from the developers that could have been used to produce actual content.

If you look at GW2 for example, you can clearly tell the damage done by the cash shop cosmetics. For a start, we haven't had 1 complete armor set which is actually obtainable in game since launch, because those resources have been used to make cosmetic gear in the cash shop. It's cash shop day in, cash shop day out, the game becomes an advertising ground for the cash shop .

A lot of people are paying $15 a month to avoid that, to say, 'look devs, here's my money, please don't waste your time on the cash shop and focus on the game instead'. If you then follow the exact same model say, as GW2, people are going ask why are they paying $15 extra.

Although I have to agree that Angry Joe's ESO review being pretty balls. As someone that just doesn't like MMOs outright and has little idea on how they actually work (see his review of GW2 where he seems to present the B2P/F2P model as a flawless superior to the P2P model), he really wasn't qualified to review a MMO. As expected, his review has a bunch of things just outright wrong, and some things (like why puzzles are personalised) where he just doesn't consider why it's like that before going off on a 38 min rant.

Edited by Xaei on May 3, 2014 8:27PM
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    "So in order to receive the five free days that should be deserved to all that bought the game, people need to sign up for the re-occuring subscription....do you really care about how the players actually feel or just how much you can take from our wallets."

Sounds perfectly fair to me. I re-upped with no expectation of this, so that was nice. Why reward someone so negative and whiney, doesent happen in the real world)
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.