The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combatting Gold Spammers on the Forums

• Celurian
    Celurian
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand, when its hard to prevent everyone against Goldspammers.
    I do NOT understand, why it has to be my work to report continous Gold spammers when they are able to send me their spam via E-Mail.

[Elder Scrolls Online] asfwedadas sent you a message

For now, E-Mails has been deactivated from this forum.

Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celurian wrote: »
    I do NOT understand, why it has to be my work to report continous Gold spammers when they are able to send me their spam via E-Mail.

It's not your "work/job" to have to report these guys, but it does help ZOS out in finding these guys allot quicker. This gaming company has allot on its plate still being a new MMO, & they cant keep up with everything everybody wants them to.

Players reporting and the likes helps the future of this game out as it grows, is it your job? No. Does it help this games future out? Yes.
    Edited by Reignskream on May 4, 2014 4:04AM
    Options
  • ESOub17_ESO17
    ESOub17_ESO17
    ✭✭
    wrfsdfsdf

It appears that this message was posted on Saturday, May 3. The email notification that I received was dated Sat, 3 May 2014 23:18:23 +0000

The message advertised [snip]

Moderator Edit: Removed link.
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on May 4, 2014 6:15AM
    Options
  • Origin
    Origin
    ✭✭✭
    They are back. I have just been spammed by: asfwedadas. You can check my inbox for the full message.
    Options
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    I got a new message dated 9 hours ago (May 3, 4:16pm) from wrfsdfsdf. :( I really don't like it showing up in my email.
    Options
  • jjissinkb16_ESO
    wrfsdfsdf sent me a similar message.. I can deal with them coming at me in game.. but now they're spamming me in my own mailbox ?

WTF man...
    This gaming company has allot on its plate still being a new MMO, & they cant keep up with everything everybody wants them to.

Players reporting and the likes helps the future of this game out as it grows, is it your job? No. Does it help this games future out? Yes.

Is this company supposed to be a professional in digital entertainment ?
    is this company supposed to deliver a good experience ?

then they should be able to keep up with everything their paying customers want and getting rid off annoying goldsellers that now even come at you outside of the game should be their #1 priority
    Options
  • Avorniel
    Avorniel
    ✭✭✭
    wrfsdfsdf 12:47AM
    *** is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    7/24 Customer Service!
    WWW.*****.COM

Got this in my mail box guess zos or whoever runs this site hasn't fixed the issue.....

sort this please...

Edited by Avorniel on May 4, 2014 9:25AM
    Options
  • Elrian
    Elrian
    ✭✭
    Also received a spam message on the forums, it seems to have been deleted automatically but my now empty inbox still shows as having one unread message...
    Options
  • jjissinkb16_ESO
    wrfsdfsdf · ✭
    About
    Banned

Username Joined Visits Last Active Roles Invited by Badges
    wrfsdfsdf 12:59AM 0 1:54AM No Roles ZOS_YigaelK 0

I just took this off that goldspammers profile picture... is it just me or did he really get invited by a ZOS employee ?
    Edited by jjissinkb16_ESO on May 4, 2014 9:27AM
    Options
  • Cats525
    Cats525
    ✭✭
    Elrian wrote: »
    Also received a spam message on the forums, it seems to have been deleted automatically but my now empty inbox still shows as having one unread message...

Same here, did you actually delete them Zenimax or are they just invisible until you checked whether it's really a spam message?
    I just took this off that goldspammers profile picture... is it just me or did he really get invited by a ZOS employee ?
    I may be wrong, but I'd assume that everyone who creates a game account (with a serial number) automatically gets invited to the forum.
    Edited by Cats525 on May 4, 2014 12:11PM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this company supposed to be a professional in digital entertainment ?
    is this company supposed to deliver a good experience ?

then they should be able to keep up with everything their paying customers want and getting rid off annoying goldsellers that now even come at you outside of the game should be their #1 priority
    The Goldsellers just create a new account when banned, and then spam like mad.

All any computer company can do is ban them as soon as they find them.

Lots of players in game, admittedly most of the Goldsellers will be in first few areas, but that's still quite a lot of players. And it would take people monitoring chat to enforce it, which would raise sub fees.

All the solutions I've seen suggested fall foul of the law or are impractical.
    Ban IP address, With dynamic IP addresses not practical, especialy when they rotate to someone who hasn't broken TOS.
    Ban Email Address, they just create a new Hotmail/google account.
    Ban Mac Address, can be faked/changed fairly easily.
    Track down the people via the money, requires the evidence first to get the court order.
    Etc.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for continuing to report these profiles to us and for your continued patience. We'd like to reiterate that if you've received an email from community@elderscrollsonline.com, then it is an automated forum notification. If you'd like to turn off the email notifications, please follow ZOS_AllanG's instructions:
    You can also adjust your notifications by going here and selecting Notification Preferences on the left menu bar. This allows you to adjust when you get a forum notification (popup) and when you get emails. It's possible to fully disable either by un-checking all of the categories.

We are continuing to work to battle the gold spammers on the forums, and appreciate your patience and understanding while we do so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elrian
    Elrian
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, but how do we make the inbox stop showing has having one unread message when it's actually empty because the spam message has already been deleted by you guys?
    Options
  • hpsb16_ESO
    hpsb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Got one too:

sdsdsrfe sent you a message
    Options
  • bspeirsb16_ESO
    Confirm sdsdsrfe sent you a message Gold spam.

Not amused.
    Options
  • jmrathbun
    jmrathbun
    The following came to an e-mail address that I gave only to this forum and to Zenimax:

[snip] is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • 100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    • This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    • 100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    • 7/24 Customer Service!
    [snip]

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/messages/14527#40978

Have a great day!

Edited by ZOS_JasonI on May 4, 2014 7:22PM
    Options
  • Chikara
    Chikara

[snip] is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • 7/24 Customer Service!
    [snip]
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on May 4, 2014 7:22PM
    Options
  • brusgaard1b16_ESO
    sdsdsrfe sent a message to me. Same as above.
    Options
  • Eilinelli
    Eilinelli
    Soul Shriven
    wrfsdfsdf
    Options
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    wrfsdfsdf sent you a message

SNIPPEDis the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • 7/24 Customer Service!
    SNIPPED/

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/messages/13646#40025

Have a great day!

Just to add... My account setting are set so that people can't see my email adress... and I did "not" recieve this PM on the forum... just in my email...
    Edited by stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO on May 4, 2014 7:31PM
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
    Options
  • miegaliustheone
    sdsdsrfe sent you a message.
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celurian wrote: »

Well, goldspammers are criminals, why can they not figure out people do not like malicious ads being sent to them? Why do they not realize most people will not buy from a "company" with such business ethics? It's because while smart in a technical sense, they are dumb as rocks when common sense goes,and thus they have no true ethics.

Now, to answer your question. Sometimes in life you have to give a little more in order to get things done instead of expect others to handle it. It's called being proactive. It's too easy to take some of your time to help ZOE out. They ask for your help, so why not give a little?

If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
    Options
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    wrfsdfsdf 1:42AM
    is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.

7/24 Customer Service!

MOD EDIT: removed company name
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 5, 2014 1:50PM
    Options
  • Tusnelda
    Tusnelda
    ✭✭
    7/24 Customer Service!

Via forums mail to me and 17 other members.
    Sender: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/profile/4802553/sdsdsrfe

MOD EDIT: removed links
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 5, 2014 1:50PM
    Please remove @userid from Tamriel and replace it with our charnames
    Options
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    " sdsdsrfe sent you a message
    G......COM
    May 4 "
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
    Options
  • Esoull
    Esoull
    wrfsdfsdf sent you a message
    Options
  • a.kuderb16_ESO
    a.kuderb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    7/24 Customer Service!
    4. May

MOD EDIT: removed links
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 5, 2014 1:49PM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For crying out loud, stop posting the Flipping ads, mention the name of the sender but don't do their advertising for them :unamused:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • PinkNanabear
    teaeaf05412
    Options
  • Geeky_Gamer84
    Geeky_Gamer84
    Soul Shriven
    @cdwa4961 spamming gold and crafting matrials
    Options