The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GMs are cleaning the BOTS... Picture of Awesome inside.

• Thinquar
    Thinquar
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Seems to me no clever or convoluted suggestion can possible come up with a detection algorithm that will catch a bot and not also legitimate players and expecting ZOS to employ an army of GMs simply on this is totally unrealstic when you consider the number of dungeons in all of the zones in all of the layers in each server.

No need to employ an army of GM's, just give me the ability to dispatch them and I'll do it for free.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as noted by many posters, the bots get immediately replaced once the GM has gone and find areas where the GMs aren't.

I applaud ZOS for trying and doing something public but this is at best a whack-a-mole that they obviously know they can't win.
    They don't have to be everywhere and ban all bot accounts. They just have to ban enough of them (and keep banning enough of them) that it's no longer free money to bot for gold. Banned accounts don't get their money back for buying the game. As the cumulative cost of those banned accounts adds up (and yes, even if they were purchased using stolen credit card info there's still a cost - the people who use that credit card info bought it from someone else) and the lifespan of each individual bot account goes down, the profit margins get more and more squeezed, and it becomes less worthwhile to keep doing it. You'll never eliminate it entirely, but at that point the smalltime botters will abandon it, thus permanently cutting down on the bot population.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is viable. It would just inconvenience you. Unfortunate but a price worth paying. Just buy the stuff your wife needs and give it to her. Doesn't cover everything I know but gold buying needs stamping out for the good of the game.

Yes, it sucks and should not need doing but to stop gold buying you have to stop gold being delivered. The two ways of gold delivery I know is gold transfer and false store sales - the whole flint sword for 10k thing.

Stop the ability of customers to receive the gold they buy and you kill the demand. If that means players cannot give gold to each other then that is the price.

And it goes without saying I want gold buyers perma banned and their gains destroyed.

Cant do that with things like horses and bag space.
  • Brettoel
    Brettoel
    ✭✭✭
    please give a visit to Mournvaskr ( east march fort) aswell i spoted alot of bots there too many to report all of them so i just reported few, here is a screenshotrbgsx01blsko.bmp
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I reported 6 bots and as many or more chat spammers in an hour in Stonefalls. They come out mostly at night now, while GMs are asleep.
  • njowoweb17_ESO
    Well i found a way to farm public dungeon bosses also with 10bots at the same spot...flurry will do the trick for me"sarcasm"
    but heyy i saw about 10bots yester in a dungeon at shadowfen,was really painfull to witness
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    It is so extremely easy to get rid of those bots. It will probably take one or their programmer a couple hours to fix. Simply make items NOT DROP and give NO EXP after you have killed a boss for at least 5 hours. There is no reason at all you should be able to farm bosses for items OR exp.
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    So, finally Gods have descended from heaven to earth in order to render Justice...
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pewpie wrote: »
    It is so extremely easy to get rid of those bots. It will probably take one or their programmer a couple hours to fix. Simply make items NOT DROP and give NO EXP after you have killed a boss for at least 5 hours. There is no reason at all you should be able to farm bosses for items OR exp.

That gets rid of nothing. It just moves the problem elsewhere.
    [DC/NA]
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't entered any dungeon in days; just some minutes ago I entered one. First I thought it was some kind of spirit and I tried to speak or kill it lol then I noticed it was a GM!, it must be a good signal.

I know it could be difficult start but at some point it will start working and bot will be under control.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The GM name... just.... awesome, lol
  • Moroch
    Moroch
    ✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    What about the other 13,456,983 bots in the Game

/facepalm. Can't we be a little happy about the progress for once?
    "Go fiddling with any locks around here and we're going to have a real problem"
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GM's are one of the first steps in the right direction.

Akatosh be with us!

Within; Without.
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    Gamemaster Anti-Botty lol >:)

Bots just cant vanish from one day to other, implementing automatic systems only cause more problems. Doing it with GMs like the good old days is the way to do it. It will not get rid of ALL bots but it will decrease they numbers. Hopefully.

Very happy to see GMs in game :)
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »

Epic clip that I bet few if any recognize.

I saw a GM last night give a server-wide announcement that he was about to go around banning bots and to whisper him if you saw one. It's good to see.

The one thing I would like these GMs to do is use god or aedra avatars in game. How epic would it be if giant aedra teleported around banning botters?
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    /fistpump
    /cheer
    /celebrate
    /rubhands
    /thankyou
    /thumbsup

<3
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 25, 2014 3:02PM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Bolsh
    Bolsh
    ✭✭
    Thinquar wrote: »
    Seems to me no clever or convoluted suggestion can possible come up with a detection algorithm that will catch a bot and not also legitimate players and expecting ZOS to employ an army of GMs simply on this is totally unrealstic when you consider the number of dungeons in all of the zones in all of the layers in each server.

No need to employ an army of GM's, just give me the ability to dispatch them and I'll do it for free.

ZOS needs to add in The Dark Brotherhood and let the night mother answer the prayers of thoae needing the bots "taken care of"...
  • Uncle_Bob
    Uncle_Bob
    ✭✭
    The GMs need to spawn with actual BanHammers that insta-ban everything they hit with it.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    +1 awesome from me bro for sharing the evidence. Thank you! And thank you ZoS . :smiley:
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS needs to add in The Dark Brotherhood and let the night mother answer the prayers of thoae needing the bots "taken care of"...

Good idea, but we'd never see them get killed that way... they would just die "mysteriously."

I prefer the big 'splodey" kill and bannage.
  • SCSA
    SCSA
    ✭✭
    It is now my life´s duty to become ´Gamemaster Hyperius´.
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aenima_pt wrote: »
    So today i saw a system message about a Gamemaster that was going to send some BOTS back to Oblivion, and all we had to do was find a bot and /w the gamemaster in question reporting.
    And as noted by many posters, the bots get immediately replaced once the GM has gone and find areas where the GMs aren't.

I applaud ZOS for trying and doing something public but this is at best a whack-a-mole that they obviously know they can't win.

Of course they can.
    Ever think maybe the reason they aren't popping in to every dungeon to ban the bots in each - is because they're tracking IPs to ban the SAME botters repeatedly? ;)

How many times do you think a given bot operator will replace their 5-10 (at $50 each) accounts before the repeated bans cause them to quit?

Banning the bots of 20 different botters once, is almost pointless.
    But banning the bots of 4 different botters, 5 times each, is a major dissuasion from continuing the practice.
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    None of them Gamemasters has Nothing on the Master GameMaster Bot-Smasher!

Yes I called him the Master of GameMasters!

Or her.... Please don't smash me!
    Edited by Dunhilda on April 25, 2014 3:12PM
  • gardenia.ren67ub17_ESO
    They have definitely moved elsewhere. I sat at the wayshrine in Fell's Run, Rivenspire for a little over 3 hours and bots were teleporting in at the rate of 2-3 every 5 seconds, and much much faster than I could F target and report. I reported close to 200 myself, and that was only about 1/4 of what I saw coming through. When I stopped by that same wayshrine a few hours later (I have to sleep some time), they were still streaming in at that rate. A conservative estimate is that this steady stream had been incoming for around 9 hours that I am aware of. I gave up and went to another zone to try to harvest nodes since they were stripping everything in the zone. When I say there were multiple HUNDREDS in the zone, I mean it. Now seeing 10 bots in a dungeon seems like nothing :(

I don't know what the solution is, but this is so much worse than I could have thought possible.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, given ZOS made 'Travel to Player' work to get you to zones you've never been to I'd not be sure this is a 'teleport hack'.
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Zenimax should put a very clear message on the login screen saying that RMT is a perma-ban offense. This may give some cheaters pause.

However, the only real way to do something about this is to eliminate the ability of players to trade outside of guilds. Then Zenimax can monitor guild acivity for cheating.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice the spam in-game mail I receive from goldsellers (which I always report) has changed. They are now not only selling game gold directly but items and crafting materials too. This is nothing but utterly criminal profiteering from a game that they don't have any intellectual property rights to at all. The gold and crafting mats all technically belong to Zenimax - not the players or the goldseller. I know these outfits are not based in the US but Zenimax needs to throw as much legal weight as possible at them because they are making their filthy money from the hard work that went into making this game - hard work they had nothing to do with.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dolnor
    Dolnor
    ✭✭✭
    Gamemaster Bot's Bane was doing a great job...kicking major Bots everywhere. With all the Bots, these GMs won't be getting much sleep! -)

TQQdles™
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked yesterday to find 4 boss spots that were completely empty.
This discussion has been closed.