Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

GMs are cleaning the BOTS... Picture of Awesome inside.

Aenima_pt
Aenima_pt
✭✭✭
So today i saw a system message about a Gamemaster that was going to send some BOTS back to Oblivion, and all we had to do was find a bot and /w the gamemaster in question reporting.

So I jumped in a dungeon to see if any BOT was farming and saw at least 1 BOT there, while i was getting ready to message the GM, the GM entered in the dungeon, leting everyone know he was a GM and was there to send the BOTS back to oblivion.

Was pretty awesome to see the Gamemaster Fahren using his powers and g2efrg315i5i.jpg
getting the house clean, leaving the boss free of bots in a minute. So good job, and hope to see more GMs doing regular clean ups. Thumbs Up for Zenimax :wink:

• Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    About time...What about the other 13,456,983 bots in the Game? Honestly running through Bleakrock today I did see at times more bots than players.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the bots being dealt with.
  • Wintermist
    Wintermist
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, just like the good 'ole days!
  • Shadollan
    Shadollan
    ✭✭
    Awesome! lol
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Just the type of thing to make players day, wish I was there
  • Minicik
    Minicik
    Soul Shriven
    The thing i dont understand is rather they ban the char or the account of that pathetic goldseller?
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    I bet that GM feel so good weaving his godlike powers against the bots :p
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great. This needs to be a sustained campaign coupled with perma banning gold buyers. Shutting down inter account gold transfers and flagging any suspiciously large, defined as a multiple of the vendor price, store transaction so as to stop gold delivery that way would be good.

But meanwhile it is great to see this.
  • Felyae
    Felyae
    I guess a fresh pack of bots entered right after he left ?
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is now my head-canon that the GM's compete to see who can kill more bots in a day. Because.
    The Psijic Order
  • Drakonklenok
    Drakonklenok
    ✭✭✭
    Minicik wrote: »
    The thing i dont understand is rather they ban the char or the account of that pathetic goldseller?

Almost certainly he/she did. A while back I was talking about the GMs communication with us about what they were going to do about bots: This is what i was looking for. It might be a drop in the bucket, but documented evidence that they are in fact being smashed, investigated (and i assumed having their actions analyzed to curtail this in the future), and dealt with.

Good job ZOS, and thanks for the post, OP.
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    Considering that the bot issue has been very prevalent only in the past 2 weeks, i'd say i am rather satisifed with their reaction time
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    Felyae wrote: »
    I guess a fresh pack of bots entered right after he left ?
    Nop, infact after the GM cleaned the bots even most of the players there farming just left. It was a lv35 dungeon so not many high level bots here.

Next time i see a system message of a GM doing a clean up ill jump in a lower level dungeon i know is always crowded with bots. That should be entertaining :D

• Hobotron
    Hobotron
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed completely. Was in three dungeons (lvl20-30) this evening, and whereas there were 12-15 bots in each last night, tonight had between zero and 2. We'd report the two, and they "leave" within five minutes.

I think they're getting a handle on this, and I applaud them.
  • Ryvee
    Ryvee
    ✭✭
    Just Report every bot you come along, its fast and you can do it in under one minute, approach bot, press F, choose report player.

While i was leveling yesterday in Stonefalls i reported around 12 Bots over multiple hours near Vivecs Antlers. They Dissapeared soon after Reporting ;)
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you see 6 bots in one spot, REPORT THEM EFFING ALL.

I mean, it isn't like you will spend 5 minutes experiencing the boss, right? May as well do something. Be ruthless about it.

And when you report a bot, yell for everyone else in the cave to support you by doing the same.
    Edited by Soloeus on April 25, 2014 5:14AM

Within; Without.
  • iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't one report eno, zeni already said this accounts for 80 percent off all tickets and is taking up major time could be spent elsewhere bug fixing.

P.s we'll done zeni.
    Edited by iaintoff on April 25, 2014 5:24AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont even need to see the prompt. Hold F with them in your "target". I had trouble getting it to light up myself so I tried that and boom.
  • EdonilTebaun
    EdonilTebaun
    ✭✭
    Great. This needs to be a sustained campaign coupled with perma banning gold buyers. Shutting down inter account gold transfers and flagging any suspiciously large, defined as a multiple of the vendor price, store transaction so as to stop gold delivery that way would be good.

But meanwhile it is great to see this.

@stevb16_ESO46 - I'd be a little irritated trying to suddenly not be able to hand some coin to my wife to help her out (I play a lot more than she does) so eliminating gold transfers isn't a viable option.

Maybe Zenimax should give a call to CCP and engage in some Eve Online style banning going out to both sellers and buyers, as well as Eve Online type of erasing coin (ISK) from any account the "purchased" coin touched.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is viable. It would just inconvenience you. Unfortunate but a price worth paying. Just buy the stuff your wife needs and give it to her. Doesn't cover everything I know but gold buying needs stamping out for the good of the game.

Yes, it sucks and should not need doing but to stop gold buying you have to stop gold being delivered. The two ways of gold delivery I know is gold transfer and false store sales - the whole flint sword for 10k thing.

Stop the ability of customers to receive the gold they buy and you kill the demand. If that means players cannot give gold to each other then that is the price.

And it goes without saying I want gold buyers perma banned and their gains destroyed.
    Edited by steveb16_ESO46 on April 25, 2014 5:54AM
  • Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire had multiple teleporting bots couldn't get whisper the GM with any of the names sadly as he was in game for a bit cleaning them up
    Meow
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Do not punish the masses for the crimes of few!
    It is an ugly attitude to not be against it.

I do not want to be restrained in such a big way because of the faults of others.
    What ZEN does here is the first step of a marathon and we should be happy they do it in exactly that way!
    Edited by Hodorius on April 25, 2014 6:09AM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The botters took advantage of the flaw in game design. The devs are finally getting around to sending in enforcers to clean up the mess. :)
  • Askadelia
    Askadelia
    ✭✭✭
    Stop the ability of customers to receive the gold they buy and you kill the demand. If that means players cannot give gold to each other then that is the price.

That would be worse in my eyes. Maybe it would solve the bot Problem, but we are playing a MMO and for couples, who play together from 1-V10 it could ruin a part of the game experience. Not beeing able to pass Gold to your friend, wife, husband, son, etc. to help them out seems not right to me.

You can't solve Problems by creating new one.
  • Gibber
    Gibber
    I like how we finally see a dev in action bringing the banhammer to at least some of these botters and we still have 2 glass-half-empty complainers and thier bottle of whine.
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    About time...What about the other 13,456,983 bots in the Game? Honestly running through Bleakrock today I did see at times more bots than players.

Considering that the amount of bots in a game is only but a fraction of the real player base, this would mean that the current player base of the game that is legit is around 150,000,000 people, give or take 20 - 30 million.

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia
  • Syndrella
    Syndrella
    Finally!

Perhaps now I will be able to explore these abandoned ruins, clear out the lurking menaces within, and come face to face with a worthy foe! ... without the horde of bots that obscure the Boss and totally ruin any form of immersion or fun!

I had come to avoid these places, and I am sure the months of time, energy and effort (not to mention money) invested in making these places artistic and worthy, it was not in the developers designs to have it all shattered by a group of bots !

Well done ESO ! Keep this effort up and make it a playable game and I will re-subscribe! :)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenima_pt wrote: »
    So today i saw a system message about a Gamemaster that was going to send some BOTS back to Oblivion, and all we had to do was find a bot and /w the gamemaster in question reporting.
    And as noted by many posters, the bots get immediately replaced once the GM has gone and find areas where the GMs aren't.

I applaud ZOS for trying and doing something public but this is at best a whack-a-mole that they obviously know they can't win.

Most people complaining about boss camping seem to think there's an easy answer when in fact I don't think there IS an answer because unlike the bot-trains running the corridors slaughtering the trash where ZOS can you path analysis to try to detect botting (and that is far from easy to do reliably) the boss campers do NOTHING apart from hitting a mob when it spawns.

Seems to me no clever or convoluted suggestion can possible come up with a detection algorithm that will catch a bot and not also legitimate players and expecting ZOS to employ an army of GMs simply on this is totally unrealstic when you consider the number of dungeons in all of the zones in all of the layers in each server.

Edited by KerinKor on April 25, 2014 6:47AM
  • Darkwlkr
    Darkwlkr
    Soul Shriven
    Seen a new trick the botters have now. they doing quests at lev 3 in Coldharbour using teleport hack.
This discussion has been closed.