The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• helgekhb16_ESO
    finally thanks for the update on what ZOS been doing about this huge problem
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    really need to fix key-action-bar response time. You hit a button and nothing happens, How do you expect ppl to do trials with this problem, you go cast a heal but nothing happens very upsetting.
    Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
  • sublime_608_ESO
    Any word on The PS4 beta! :(
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    I wish they would give us an additional month free, the first month is designed to show the player the promise the game has. I am a Vet rank 5, top 50 on Auriel's Bow leaderboards, I will be around a long time, but all of my real life friends don't as much as want to pick the game up any more and it is highly depressing. They said after the 30 days they are done, I really wish ZoS would see that and give us a chance to see what they are really capable of.
    NA Server - Ebonheart Pact - Irisana
  • meaghs
    meaghs
    ✭✭✭
    First and foremost, please know that we are doing everything we can to combat the gold spammers and bots – especially ones that “camp” dungeon bosses...
    These camping bosses are game breaking for dungeon delvers. They really do ruin the game and need to be fixed soon or you will likely loose many PVE players.
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see world pvp. Although it will never happen. Too many PvEers would rage quit if their Boring PvE was interrupted.

About time we heard from ZoS it's only been 2 and a bit weeks of crap for you to come and talk to the community. You need a presence on these forums a lot more.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad you are doing something about the bots early on. Its kind of to the point now where I cant get dungeon achievements due to them killing the boss faster than I can blink
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't we post questions for the developers on here? I have a few questions I'd like to know if you plan to address. I mean make our own threads not just comment on a post of a topic of your choice.
    Edited by jeradlub17_ESO on April 25, 2014 3:09AM
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    - Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
    - https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
    - http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What I really want to know is when does ESO intend to address the broken game mechanics combos existing in pvp where we have v10 DK vamps casting claws which you can't break out of then spamming an OP's bat sawrm life drain that reduces people to zero health almost immediately and makes them capable of wiping entire groups? Those roots must be breakable like everyone else's root and the spammability of the vamp lifedrain needs to go away. Heck it is supposed to be a curse for god's sake not /godmode button.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    - Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
    - https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
    - http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • Lande91
    Lande91
    When will the Eurpena servers be Moved to europe?
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much needed Official word on the state of the game. Merci!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Mat, keep up the good work. We appreciate it.
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again for the update and keep up the good work. Dont let the trolls eat you :)

The base of the game is great, when things smooth out we have a great game for many years to come.
  • starr_jhnsnb14_ESO
    starr_jhnsnb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to say thanks for loving Elder Scrolls as much as some of its fans, it really shows... no matter what negative people want to say.
    Edited by starr_jhnsnb14_ESO on April 25, 2014 11:35AM
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    First:
    Thanks ZOS for work, especially artists for light work. It`s very very very cool (but not each lightsource cast dynamic shadows - some sad ;) ). 250/50.

Second:
    My ideas how make game better, and more atmospheric:
    1. Character stats delevel - for interesting questing with friend in low level locations
    2. Limit player amount for public dungeons - 6-10 players. Ability to instance it for 1 player or 2 players group, when questing. Dynamic difficult level depends on amount of players (more players - more monsters and stranger bosses)
    3. Alternative "2" - random time boss spawn with big delay (may be hours).
    4. Group quest phasing - ability to help group mate with quest, even it`s "flashback". Or quest stage completed for all members in group
    5. For zone Craglorn - may be bosses drops crashed armor pieces, wich after dismantling frops crafting sources for unique armor. This plays for need to go in Craglorn + increase craft skills.
    6. Increase power attack effects of monsters on 1-50 lvl. Now it`s to easy. :)

Thanks.
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update.

Is there any information soon about the thievesguild and perhaps a possible jail system?

I recently subbed for 6 months because it is a great game and i have confidence. Also because i make enough money and don't care about 12-20 euro per month.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see world ganking because I spent my high school years getting my tidy whities pulled up around my ears and ganking is my perverse way of getting revenge.

• vnlouis
    vnlouis
    Suggestion: PTS patch notes.

Allow us to see whats coming in it's entirety instead of feeding us bits and pieces of the whole picture. Take a page from Blizzards book in this case, they always have ever evolving/constantly updated patch notes on what they are currently testing on the PTS, this way even those who chose not take part in PTS testing get regular updates on the upcoming content's progress.

No need to go in-depth up front just start with the stuff that is nailed down so far and expand on the notes as you go along. This will go along way, IMO, in keeping the masses informed and up to date.
  • Nefar
    Nefar
    ✭✭
    "As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do."
  • Iam_Epiphany
    Iam_Epiphany
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the PVP support? We haven't had any updates for our crashing error, nor for the imbalance in overpowered DKs, nor in dealing with the balance in the number of players on servers like Wabbajack.
  • Lipstickpaddy
    REQUEST: Can we please have a Guild Calendar to post upcoming events, similar to what wow has?
    Edited by Lipstickpaddy on April 25, 2014 3:42PM
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wavering on whether to resub or not. Many people are happy with the game as is, I understand that. For me it is a 'quality of life' issue. I am a casual gamer and by necessity have limited play times. During these sessions I am not getting the feeling that I am advancing my character very much if at all.

Some changes I would like to see:

1) More XP from killing monsters.
    2) XP rest bonus similar to the mechanic found in other games.
    3) Increased bank and bag space. The current limits are frustrating.

It does seem that there are less gold farmers in game. Kudos to your staff for their diligence.
    Edited by Mercutio on April 25, 2014 4:57PM
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    TGEK wrote: »
    This game needs open world pvp.

THIS! FREAKING THIS!^^^^
    No absolutely not, the day they get this and if there is no flagging for pvp they will lose 2/3 of the player base. Open pvp just an invitation to ganking. Its the one thing that killed Aion.

• Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    Ivo wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info and hard work. Don't be troubled about forum trolls.
    The game is great and can only go better.

I hope you keep the game at decent pace and are not going to rapidly make new content for those who rush to max level within days. Also i sincerly hope you aren't going to nerf the game due to crying in forums that some of the game is too hard. Nerfing Dosha was a bad example of what you shouldn't do. She was perfectly balanced and fun fight.

Keep up the good work fighting cheaters and spammers and bots.

EDIT: oh and don't ever go Free to play with cashshops, the horse we can buy for real money is another bad example and not the way to go.
    I agree don't nerf the bosses. If anything just nerf
    some of the individual trash critters. I have seen players get taken out by 2 of those scamp things, but easily beat Doshia
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Gold spammers are annoying; but they are not game breaking or progression blocking. I would much rather have the Custimer Service team spend the bulk of their day helping players with legitimate game problems. The priorities of the CS team need to be overhauled as not helping customers does far more harm to the players and the game than rampant gold spammers which are little more than ants at a picnic.
    They are progress blocking. If the dungeon boss dies before you can blink you can't complete it and get the achievements.
  • vonBismarck
    vonBismarck
    Soul Shriven
    Any plans for increasing the character limit from 8? With the limiting bank/slot space even with 8 characters I see uses for it, and for us that play with all characters it's really a pain to atleast free up enough slots for not having to go to bank and do relogs for 10 miutes between every quest. I for one would be perfectly fine with making it an upgrade in the cash-store.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not cap AoE at affecting 6 targets max. PvP will become a numbers game of whoever has the most numbers wins. Remember when you celebrated the fact that a smaller group could take on a bigger group? ("Chalamo" anyone?) No more of that.

Furthermore, this seems like a knee-jerk reaction to fix a few things. I understand that things need fixing, but don't implement blanket changes. Take the time to fix things the right way, individually. That's why we pay for your game.

And please don't mislead us and phrase the line to make it sound like something was broken, it was your intention from the start.
    Edited by Draxys on April 26, 2014 12:52AM

rip decibel
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty, if the game has so many problems that the devs are too swamped to fix them, why not just put the game into a testing phase again?

It sounds a bit ridiculous and it will hurt a bit financially, but this is hurting the game's reputation massively.
  • Dantethief
    Well I have played some other MMO's and thi game is pretty viable but consider that, why is everything so complicated, and made harder to use/see than in other games?
    Examples:
    -Linkin item here needs to be done by holding open chat window, rightclicking instead of mousover+shift
    joining/leaving group here needs too be done from menu of grup instead of mouseover your OWN character hp bar....
    -ultimate are broken
    -Not rly viable standard UI. No focus, no target of my target, no dots, buffs duration. No magicka/stamina bar of target, No tick/regeneration of resources in combat/out of combat numbers. I am so blinded in this game
    -Broken dissmounting while in combat
    -Boss encounters in dungeons could be more rewarding/harder now its too easy and there is no guaranty drop like in other MMO's
    -Add arena/duels ? There are players who like beating each other,test build, and want straight skill battle and pvp!
    Easier bags? I feel looting in this game is so..... oldschool as in gothic 1 or 2..... and we have 2014.......
    Skill reset cost a bit to much huh?
    no chat bubbles while people talking, hard to find out who is talking.
    Edited by Dantethief on April 26, 2014 5:12AM
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭
    Wish you guys would update the Meshes on armor...they all look 'tattoed' on; especially the cloth armors that are 'open chest' (Inaderir's [probably mispelled his name] is a good example).

And also, fix the issues where the SEAM between 'calm water' and 'raging water' is clearly visible. :(
    Edited by illutian on April 26, 2014 8:50AM
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.