Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restoring Missing Bank Slots/Items & Skill Points

• Elizariya
    Elizariya
    ✭✭
    @Elizariya‌

The thread she just closed had 500+ posts of variation on this theme. Adding another thread with 500+ more isn't going to change a thing.

I canceled my sub because of poor customer service, not bugs. I suggest you do the same. Perhaps in two months they'll have gotten the message and pulled it together. If not, you'll have saved yourself $30 and allot of frustration.[/quote]

LMAO yes, I am aware of what was on the other thread. However, the following statement from Gina was so asinine that I felt compelled to point out we all clearly still have unanswered questions:

"We're going to close this thread, but if you have any questions about this, please head to this thread. Thanks!"

OK, no problem, here I am!! The questions have now been transferred to your new thread as per request. Now can we get them answered before you get 58 pages of the same and many more cancelled subs?
  • Requielle
    Requielle
    ✭✭✭
    Le sigh.

One would think that the questions being asked would have been covered in the meeting where they discussed "Well, we're patching the bank bug tomorrow - how exactly do we want to handle the affected customers? Sven, you have those reports we've collected from customer service showing our outstanding tickets, right?"
  • TurkeyBurgers
    TurkeyBurgers
    ✭✭
    This one hates having to log in and out to transfer item between alts. :(
  • Igneous
    Igneous
    Soul Shriven
    Elizariya wrote: »
    This is in response to your "update" posted at: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82517/restoring-missing-bank-slots-items-skill-points#latest

This is NOT an update! (By definition an "update" is new information which has not been posted previously.) I am sure all of us by now have figured out to send in a ticket about this problem. Doing so has neither fixed our problem, nor provided us with any information as to what to expect. An adequate "update" needs to include the following information:

1. What does ZOS intend to actually DO to resolve this problem when they recieve the tickets? Is the fix coming in another patch, or will it be handled on an individual basis?
    2. Since the fix was not retroactive how will people who have been affected by it be compensated?
    2. In the meantime, since the patch has supposedly fixed the bug issue, can we upgrade our banks and begin to play somewhat normally again?

Please stop giving us the runaround and making vague forum postings that say nothing and answer people's questions regarding this issue. I am pretty sure that you would find that doing so would greatly decrease people's outrage and feelings that ZOS just doesn't care.

The above was just mailed to Gina's personal box in the hopes that at some point they will take all of the pleas for information seriously and actually answer these questions.

Was just about to ask the same things myself, especially re the bank slots. It would be great to be able to have an expanded bank again.
  • phaktoryub17_ESO
    phaktoryub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we're tracking down some answers to your questions, and will post in this thread as soon as we get some clarification on a few things. Thanks for hanging in there.

Could you update your first post when you do so we don't have to dig through every page of this thread to get info in the future?
  • Blackimar
    Blackimar
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure it matters anymore at this point. By the time my bank slots and gold are restored they won't be worth anything anyway. The game economy will be duped into oblivion, before I even get a straight response. Or to be fair, 2 straight response that actually match one another.

Not sure what bug I'm even trying to get around at this point. Even the bugs have bugs.

"I'm sorry sir, your cancer has aids. Here have an outdated magazine and wait"
  • Willis52
    Willis52
    Wow you guys are lucky...I have been waiting for the last 4 hours for my game to download...this is my first MMO...big fan of Skyrim...this game better have people come out of my monitor...sit on my desk and talk to me...I don't get it...I paid 60+ dollars plus this 14.99 deal per month to wait 6 hours for a download and now I see people pissed about cs...I think this whole thing is a con...does ESO even exist?.....still waiting...and waiting...and waiting...Is Bernie Maddoff in on this?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey folks, we're tracking down some answers to your questions, and will post in this thread as soon as we get some clarification on a few things. Thanks for hanging in there.

Could you update your first post when you do so we don't have to dig through every page of this thread to get info in the future?
    Yep, sure will.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sammael
    Sammael
    "You have successfully cancelled your subscription."

This now shows at the top of my "Manage Subscription" page in my account. Why? Because I just canceled my subscription. I have been through some rough MMO launches before, and stuck through them, but the degree in which these bugs and customer service issues have been mishandled is simply unforgivable. I hope, for the sake of the diehard fans who have the fortitude to stick it out, that things get better after some time.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In both of these cases, please provide the following information to expedite the process:
    • UserID
    • Email address for your account
    • Character affected
    • What went missing (bank slots, items, gold, or skill points)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when you say "character affected" are you specifically referring to a character that lost skill points? Because the missing items, gold, and bank slots affected the bank that is shared by all characters under an account, so it would make no sense to ask for the character affected for those items.

For returning lost bank slots, what will you be doing for people who lost slots more than once? If someone went from 100 down to 60, then bought more to get back up to 100, then lost them again, what will you do to make them whole?

If we lost slots can we buy them again before we've had our slots returned, and if so, what will happen? If I went from 90 slots down to 60, and since the patch I've bought slots to go back up to 70, will the restore just bring me back up to 90? Will it just add 30 slots (what was lost) to bring me up to 100? Will it bring me back up to 90 and then give me the gold value of the upgrade I've purchased since the patch?

What about the duplicate Imperial Edition and Explorer Pack emails we got? Some people have reported that CS reps have told them it's OK to use the items in those emails, and other people have reported being banned for using them. Can we use them or not?

Will there be any consideration given to those affected by this bug as an apology? You've got a lot of very angry customers right now - with most of the anger being caused by the very poor communication and customer service rather than being caused by the bug itself.

These are all questions that shouldn't really have to be asked, because a strategy for dealing with the aftermath of this should have been developed and communicated before the patch even went out, and all of these things should have been considered.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    What about the duplicate Imperial Edition and Explorer Pack emails we got? Some people have reported that CS reps have told them it's OK to use the items in those emails, and other people have reported being banned for using them. Can we use them or not?
    I'm wouldn't take chances. I received one dupe set to CE items from the bank slot error... and I deleted them.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my request I just said I would be happy with the slots actually put back or the money to replace them. I have no idea if I lost anything else, I just don't pay that close attention to what is in there at any moment.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Aicilef
    Aicilef
    ✭✭
    These are all questions that shouldn't really have to be asked, because a strategy for dealing with the aftermath of this should have been developed and communicated before the patch even went out, and all of these things should have been considered.

<nods> Their communication skills are... lacking. Clearly, they're new to all of this. It was bad in beta and it's bad in live.

Which is a pity, they are losing customers because of this and it's a good game.

But if they keep this level of 'suctomer support' up, they'll go F2P faster than SWTOR did :(
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    i really like almost everything about this game. yeah it has issues less than a month after launch but don't they all?
    quest items sometimes disappear? no prob, i'll just quickly relog. annoying but its a workaround that keeps me playing.
    progress locked at level 45 by a broken quest that is a gate to the whole rest of the zone? they know its broken and will get to it soon. it's time to start leveling my alchemist anyways!

my only real issue is the lack of storage space for my crafting supplies. the character shuffle is quickly getting old. i kept telling myself: Once you start levelling up, you'll be able to afford to unlock enough space that you wont need to shuffle through 3-5 characters to unload supplies every time you run to the bank!
    Man, was i wrong! As i levelled up i had even more damned resources i needed to store and the costs of storage unlocks was clearly more than i could afford! until that bug struck me i had sunk every coin i earned upgrading my bags and shared bank. I was imagining grinding every day for the next month, maybe earning enough gold to maximize the storage and still being about 100 slots short!
    Then, WHAM! reset. i lose my items and am told that i should not upgrade my vaults because it could happen again. well 60 spaces just isnt enough! between gems, improvement mats and a handful of other useful things used by ALL my crafters and adventurers, that pretty much fills the 60. i cant mail all the smithing goods to my alt so i am forced to drop them in the vault 5 or 6 items at a time, log, decon and rinse/repeat until the 30-60 items in my bags end up in the right place! i've started posting auctions for 1g and cancelling them as a quicker means of dealing with it all than the pathetic excuse for shared storage.

you closed the thread about this and asked everyone to move the discussion to this one. why? isn't time better spent coming up with a solution for us? or having an internal dialogue about what the word "update" means. (you keep on using that word. i do not think it means what you think it means!)

when crap like this happens, sure you gotta patch it so it doesn't happen again. that goes without saying! what we all want to know is what are you doing about those players who are already affected? you say that our tickets are being handled. you say that no items have been 'lost.' well as of yet i have not seen a single response from anyone who has had their issue resolved. not one. anywhere.

the last game i played had some really terrible customer service. all responses were canned ones and often the responses left you wondering if they were responding to someone else! they never helped the player base. even they would have gotten back to me before 10 days had gone by to tell me how *** out of luck i was. and that i would have to do it all over again. at least give us that! let us know we are on our own, if that is the case, so we can eat the loss and move on or rage-quit or do whatever we feel we gotta do!
    if this is what the future holds for ESO you better start rolling out your F2P plans because subscriptions will drop.
  • shapelyzombie
    Question Reference # 140413-140244

Still not fixed. Still getting worthless emails claiming my issue is assumed resolved. I called on Thursday afternoon, and was told that, due to the number of people submitting tickets about this, you assume the majority of us are lying.

I am NOT lying, and resent the implication. Feel free to open up my bank and have a look at the piles of maps and monkeys where my materials used to be. Or maybe you could actually review the logs that any competent company keeps of such things and see when and where exactly the bug did (or in case we're lying- didn't) hit.

This has been the worst "customer service" I have ever received. After years with Time Warner Cable, and having played The Sims for about as many years, I am used to some pretty incompetent companies.

I do hope the loss of subscriptions in a few weeks will open your eyes. The screaming, enraged masses on every forum dedicated to the game don't seem to have done so.
    I wasn't an Elder Scrolls fan until ESO. I did like the Construction Set for Morrowind, though.
  • Unsterblich
    I don't even care about any items I may have lost since by now they are useless for crafting. I just want the gold I had in the bank restored, either the missing bank slots repaired or a refund of the upgrade costs, and maybe you could throw in a little something special that says:
    "We at eso are sorry for our lack of communication and failing to assist our customers with an equally informed and helpful csr staff. We value your continued patronage and would like you to have this as a token of our appreciation" <3

I'd love to see you just give us all max bank slots as a reparations, but I'm so used to getting told to take nothing and like it by game companies I'm not expecting something that nice... or anything for that matter. :\
  • Vanen
    Vanen
    I don't even care about any items I may have lost since by now they are useless for crafting. I just want the gold I had in the bank restored, either the missing bank slots repaired or a refund of the upgrade costs, and maybe you could throw in a little something special that says:
    "We at eso are sorry for our lack of communication and failing to assist our customers with an equally informed and helpful csr staff. We value your continued patronage and would like you to have this as a token of our appreciation" <3

I'd love to see you just give us all max bank slots as a reparations, but I'm so used to getting told to take nothing and like it by game companies I'm not expecting something that nice... or anything for that matter. :\

That's exactly my thought
  • Starforsaken

No offense but the questions in this thread are very basic and not only should have been addressed more than a week ago, you should have had the answer right after the patch.

It feels like you have no idea what you're dealing with. Most people don't know what went missing, that's your job when you offer a service, not ours. I don't keep a 1:1 track of my real life bank account either, that's part of their customer service to make sure my money is there, safe, and at the correct amount.

Sorry but you post this thread, people ask normal questions like "Hey, so what happens with our stuff now?" and you're telling us you didn't think it was a good idea to know that kind of answers BEFORE locking the other thread (where those questions were asked 100+ times with no answers on your end) and creating this one?

Is this for real? If there's a bank robbery, after the manager says "Alright, bank is safe now, new security system is in place, we're opening the bank again", wouldn't your first question be "Fine, but what happened to my money and other goods? Am I getting it back? If I'm not, how are you going to compensate me?".

So think about how you're dealing with this game's issue, a game which no one has paid a sub for yet (so it's in the make or break period), and tell me you did a good enough job for me to trust you with my monthly money.

Right now, as good as the game is, the support is so terrible that I just can't give you a single dollar, even if money isn't an issue. I don't usually complain in MMO forums, I know how hard launches must be but you guys really win the gold medal of clueless and terrible support.
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Vanen wrote: »

That's exactly my thought

Also my exact thought I just delved back into the game tonight and just assumed nothing would happen and bought my bank back after hours of questing. Though somewhere in the back of my head I hope I get some sort of reimbursement for the utter bs we were put through in this.

And its not the bug I'm referring to as bs, it's the way they went about communicating what was going on to us. It could've taken another 5 days to fix it but I wouldn't of cared at all if I would've felt more informed on what was going and what exactly was being done to make it right.
  • Big_Bob
    Big_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    I already sent my reply for the queue. Hope I don't get screwed over. It has been days since i was able to play the game and wasted a whole weeks's progress
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any ETA on when we'll get stuff back? it's been about a week for me, and a guildmate of mine just lost his bank this morning so I don't know about it being "fixed" yet.
  • Il_Palazzo
    Il_Palazzo
    Soul Shriven
    At this point, the most urgent question is: can I upgrade the bank again and expect a compensation in gold, to be able to actually play the game instead of passing half of my precious time between micromanaging the bank and relogging mule alts?
    Because I bought the game to have fun, not to roleplay a warehouseman. Nor to update this forum every few hours hoping for some insight that constantly fails to be delivered. As much as I like the game, I am seriously wondering if I should allow myself to idulge in such nonsense. If anything I should be the one to be paid for this, not the opposite.
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    Aicilef wrote: »

<nods> Their communication skills are... lacking. Clearly, they're new to all of this. It was bad in beta and it's bad in live.

Which is a pity, they are losing customers because of this and it's a good game.

But if they keep this level of 'suctomer support' up, they'll go F2P faster than SWTOR did :(

My impression is that their intra-organizational communication is absolutely horrid. Right hand does not know what right pinky finger is doing. It doesn't seem like information can be passed efficiently from one team to another. I'd wager that they've probably fallen into the very common trap of over-compartmentalizing in the name of optimizing the efficiency of given teams, and horizontal information flow has suffered severely as a result. It's also possible they just don't have anyone in charge of managing information flow.

There's some sort of fundamental flaw with the way their company is structured or the way communication is being managed for it to be THIS bad, and I agree that it doesn't bode well :-/.

Edit: No offense intended to the ZOS reps here on the forums. I do honestly believe that it is not your fault that communication has been so awful. I really think ZOS needs to get some skilled outside consultants in pronto to help them better manage transparency and the flow of information to/from their consumers.
    Edited by Putok on April 19, 2014 6:33AM
  • Elizariya
    Elizariya
    ✭✭
    Knottypine wrote: »
    I'm wouldn't take chances. I received one dupe set to CE items from the bank slot error... and I deleted them.

The problem with that is that you cant return these mails to sender or delete them. you have to open them and take the items, and delete the items. i am worried about doing that, hearing that people are being banned for gettig duplicates of the items, so my mailbox is stuffed full of five sets of this junk. Thats a problem for me too, since I'm one of our guild crafters and i get a lot of mail.
  • Elizariya
    Elizariya
    ✭✭
    gcalex5 wrote: »

Also my exact thought I just delved back into the game tonight and just assumed nothing would happen and bought my bank back after hours of questing. Though somewhere in the back of my head I hope I get some sort of reimbursement for the utter bs we were put through in this.

And its not the bug I'm referring to as bs, it's the way they went about communicating what was going on to us. It could've taken another 5 days to fix it but I wouldn't of cared at all if I would've felt more informed on what was going and what exactly was being done to make it right.

^^This!! EXACTLY this!!
  • Ariunnius
    Ariunnius
    ✭✭
    (...)
    In both of these cases, please provide the following information to expedite the process:
    • UserID
    • Email address for your account
    • Character affected
    • What went missing (bank slots, items, gold, or skill points)
    • Please clarify what is meant by Character affected; The missing bank is affecting all my Characters!
    • Please check your logs for this info! I just remember that my bank went from 80 to 60 slots, and 20 items are gone and the deposited gold. And maybe some skill points are missing, but I am not sure about this. I actually play this game and do not track my inventory on a sheet of paper, a spreadsheet on a second screen, or in my head!
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Come on! Wtf were we asked to sign up for in the other thread if it wasn't for the support to be able to immediately fix our problems as soon as the patch went through?

I have personally been struck by these bugs for 10+ days now and have not played the game in that time cause it truly sucks having to spend all your time on inventory management. And I don't want to ruin the game trying to play it half(forego crafting and looting) or being irritated and annoyed every minute of it. But while we wait my game time ticks away and my friends and guildies are levelling away without me...

Pull yourselves together, inform the support department to get their fingers out and start helping people. This has gone on long enough!
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    After sending a e-mail with the information asked above, I received this e-mail. :)

Response By Email (LaTeaf) (04/19/2014 02:58 AM)
    "Greetings,

Everything will be restored and fixed asap!"

:smile:
    Edited by Darkheart on April 19, 2014 7:54AM
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    Bank slots still not restored and I have still not received a response to my tickets. This is not acceptable...
  • Guldendraak
    Guldendraak
    ✭✭
    After receiving the standard cut and paste response (within minutes of lodging it) and immediate closing of my first post patch fix ticket (which I lodged as per the request), there is still no response to my 2nd ticket about getting my bank restored from 60 to 110 slots, plus the gold I had deposited, plus everything that was in my bank when it got trashed. I suppose they are waiting for me to list all 100 odd items which were in my bank and the amounts.

I shouldn't be suprised I suppose :(