Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost city puzzle achievement

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So im making this thread to try and get people to figure this out. Sure some people have done it, but no one that I can find actually knows how they solved it. I have spent at least 2 hours in that dungeon by now and I have come up with many ideas, but none of them have worked.

What I have learned from this puzzle is that the scorpion spawns in first on the right if you are facing the shield. Then the spider spawns in the middle and the scarab spawns in last on the left. So if thats the clue to the puzzle, which I doubt since I tried it, then maybe the tiles need to be pressed in that order. I have tried it though so if anyone else has any other ideas I would love to hear them. Also apparently the shield lights up at some point and someone needs to press it. I have never seen this happen so its either bugged for me or the people claiming to have seen it are full of it.
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Korereactor
    Korereactor
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the shield light up on TwitchTV, someone streaming it, so it does happen. How they did it though, even they didn't know lol.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant help but feel like its bugged. Its just so unbelievably difficult to figure out. There is not 1 actual clue as to how it works and if there is its way too hidden. Maybe its not a bug, but it sure is poorly implemented.

Any redguard/yokudan lore buffs know if there is any significance to these insects? I dont think I have ever heard of such a thing.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought of something. You know how enemies have red dots by their health bars to determine their power? Maybe the guardians dots signify how many of their tiles need to be covered or maybe what order to push them in. If anyone could test this I would love to know the results.

• Fraynee
    Fraynee
    I can confirm it is not bugged from, I talked to a support staff about it. Here is what he had to say.

Me - Just another question if you don't mind, I am curious about the Lost City of The Na Totambu Group Challenge, were you have to solve the puzzle. Is the puzzle bugged, or is it just extremely difficult to figure out. I spent a good 2 hours in there with a group of 10 trying to figure it out but we couldnt.

ESO - I did some research and it appears to be working correctly at the moment, I can see that other players have been able to complete this challenge. Have you considered asking other players in game, perhaps you can find someone in game that already did this?

So according to them it is not bugged, but obviously they won't tell me how to do it.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im asking other players how to do it with this thread! Not working out so well now is it? No one knows how they did it if they did, so if its not bugged its just very very poorly implemented. Do they want it to just be trial and error for 2 hours? I cant believe this puzzle.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thread says you have to have four players standing on the pressure plates while a fifth presses the shield (which should be glowing), unfortunately the poster who did this was part of a group and didn't know if there were any other pre-requisites.

Put the quote below
    We solved the Puzzle with 5 people somehow. Unfortunately I don't know how exactly. We stood on some of the platforms, and the shield at the wall got some "glowing marks" on it.
    First it were 3 marks, then 2 marks, then 1, then 0, then a friend of me pressed the button and 2 Spiders + a Scorpion spawned. Scorpion was elite and tough, after killing we got the achievement and no Skillpoint.

Hope this'll help some people.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on April 21, 2014 11:07AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • fatsheep
    fatsheep
    Soul Shriven
    That's the thing, if it's working so far all I've seen is people randomly getting it by pure luck, no one actually knows how they did it, which leads me to believe something is not quite right. Also a ss of the archive complete would be grand to prove it working. So far all I've seen is claims with tons off people not figuring it out.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see a screenshot of someone with the achievement. Maybe they think because they killed the guardians that means they solved the puzzle. That is not true you have to solve the puzzle to get the achievment. Killed the guardians like 3 times myself and thats not it.

• Danneroth
    Danneroth
    I am just going to chalk this one up as a bug and ignore the voices in my head that try to coerce me to do solve it.
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    I have tried every combination with a group of up to 7 people. My thoughts are that this puzzle is bugged once it is completed once. Im guessing that you can do it after a server reset, but that once it has been completed, the shield lights do not return to be snuffed out by the plates.

This is very frustrating, and as usual, Zenimax is not responding at all because "some people have done it". GG Zeni, you must be right. 100's of people are stupid, while we mathmatically attempt every possible combination as compared to the people that randomly did it but have no idea how.

My bad I must be dumb. That's probably why I can't complete the Bangkorai and Shadowfen quest achievements too, nothing to do with *** poor coding at all.
    Edited by Dirigible on April 26, 2014 9:33PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well shadowfen is doable, but yeah bangkorai is actually 10 quests short for the achievement. For shadowfen you can look up the quests you cant find or ill tell you lots of them are off in places you would never walk to. It does seem bugged, but trust me its not, it took me an hour to find the last 2, but they are there.

Yeah though that puzzle must be bugged because I cant interact with that shield and it doesn't light up so I have no clue what else could be going wrong.

• Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to get into a debate about it but you are confused about Shadowfen. Whether or not it is possible or not is actually dependent on the order that you perform the quests. There are two "breadcrumb" quests that you can complete before actually receiving the quests to travel to the quest giver, which counts as 2 quests you can never do if you happened to visit the quest giver before receiving the quest to find them. In any case, this is why some of us will eternally be stuck at 61/62 and some of the more fortunate folks will claim that it isn't bugged.

Ive watched the videos and read all the forum posts on it so I'm well aware of the 6 easily miss-able quests (Bottled Lightning, Poison Gas, Lute, Slave girl, Deep Roots, Guar Ruby etc)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's focus on how to do this puzzle. I still need it.
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    Personally I believe it is bugged and only able to be completed by the first group that arrives after a server reset. I hope that Zenimax takes note and resolves it but I'm not going to bother trying to contact them since their customer service is so inept its offensive.
  • MaryRose
    MaryRose
    Soul Shriven
    to be honest, i don't think this kind of puzzle is a good idea for a public dungeon as you kind of need to be organised. And lets face it, a LOT of ppl in mmo's tend to not read or bother to collaborate :(
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I was successful today:
    14brm29.jpg
    2zdtai0.jpg
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    The "solve the puzzle" group achievement is bugged. Currently it can only be achieved when the server has been reset. Once someone has finished it after the server reset you will have to wait until the next server reset.
    The other achievement (kill 3 and 5 champions) DOES work, without having to wait until server reset.
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    And without spoilers: the puzzle is really easy, it's just bugged when someone has completed it after server reset.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats that customer support? We were right all along and it really is bugged? Gee imagine that!

• Cytherion
    Cytherion
    Has to be bugged my thinking is that the spider scorpion and the scarab are not supposed to spawn until there tiles are pressed and then the shield pressed then they spawn in the order in which their tiles are pressed or all at once . Problem is once it has been completed after reset the guardians just keep re-spawning on a timer every 20 minutes or so. instead of the puzzle getting reset.
  • Cytherion
    Cytherion
    Has this been fixed with the new patch?
  • Cytherion
    Cytherion
    I can Confirm this is working now. However I got the achievement but no skillpoint
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cytherion wrote: »
    I can Confirm this is working now. However I got the achievement but no skillpoint

OH great another one of those kind of public dungeons! There is already 3-4 aldmeri ones that have the same problem. Not cool!

• SlasherZet
    Is the shield supposed to be glowing at the start and then you press the buttons and the lights disappear OR you press the buttons and THEN the lights appear and you press the shield?
  • Cytherion
    Cytherion
    SlasherZet wrote: »
    Is the shield supposed to be glowing at the start and then you press the buttons and the lights disappear OR you press the buttons and THEN the lights appear and you press the shield?
    First thing you will notice is the tiles will not work when you step on them . About 2 minutes later the shield will glow red and the tiles work again. Use the tiles to turn the glow off. Then press shield all 3 bugs spawn kill them get achievement. If the tiles work but shield is not glowing red means someone has done it recently. Give it 10 to 15 minutes to reset did not get the exact reset time.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranrach wrote: »
    The "solve the puzzle" group achievement is bugged. Currently it can only be achieved when the server has been reset. Once someone has finished it after the server reset you will have to wait until the next server reset.
    The other achievement (kill 3 and 5 champions) DOES work, without having to wait until server reset.

Incorrect, it works at any time, but you need 5 people for it to work.

1 person on each of the bottom ones, 1 person on the top left, one person on the middle right, 1 person clicks the shield when it's not red anymore. I got the achievement with a pug group never the less but no skill point,
  • andre.oliveto2preub18_ESO
    yea, i did but no skill point too. I opened a issue ticket trying to resolve the problem.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be done, yes. You just require more than four people I believe, from memory.
    LostCityPuzzleAchievement_zpsd8912cb6.jpg
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Groovin2Jazz_ESO
    Groovin2Jazz_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Iorail wrote: »
    Ranrach wrote: »

Incorrect, it works at any time, but you need 5 people for it to work.

1 person on each of the bottom ones, 1 person on the top left, one person on the middle right, 1 person clicks the shield when it's not red anymore. I got the achievement with a pug group never the less but no skill point,

I would say that you are incorrect, as I did with a group of three and indeed once done, the shield is no longer clickable. So ranrach was correct based on my experience with it.