Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Spoilers] What did you do at the end of the Mages Guild quest line?

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I released someone from Daedric influence.
    I had her cured. I was sorely tempted to send her off to the Isles because Shalidor wasn't taking proper care of her and she might be better off there...but she seems happy insane because Sheo made her be that way. She was happy with her books, too; just listen to her at the beginning of the questline. If she decides, with her clarity of thought restored, that she WANTS to be crazy, well...we still have those books, she can drive herself crazy again in her own time. The choice should be hers, not mine, so I gave her back the ability to choose.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • CIPHERSTONE
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Those 2 skill points are meaningless in the long run. I'm sitting on a pile of unused points.

I'm not a fan of a dual morality meter, it makes moral choices feel so gamey. We actually had a discussion what is best for Valaste; if the devs said "this choice good, this choice bad" it wouldn't leave much for personal interpretation.

How do? If you and I get every skyshard in the game and do every quest that gives rewards of skill points, say that equalled 500 and you save her and I don't. I have 502. You have 500. Unless the max cost for every skill is 500 I'd say I have the advantage. No?

• psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    I struck a Daedric bargin for personal gain.
    I took the personal gain.
    Always trust uncle sheo :neutral:

Now how do you get back to that island?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the personal gain.
    Always trust uncle sheo :neutral:

Now how do you get back to that island?
    @psychojudge To get back to Eyevea, there is a portal in every major Mages Guild hall.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do? If you and I get every skyshard in the game and do every quest that gives rewards of skill points, say that equalled 500 and you save her and I don't. I have 502. You have 500. Unless the max cost for every skill is 500 I'd say I have the advantage. No?

The point being is skill points become trivial when all you have to choose from is the "writing in cursive" passive and the "reading the newspaper" active skill as choices.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is some thing to think about that saving a friend do not pay.
    where are we going? i'd like to play good karma character, like the fallout skill, but here, in eso seems that it doesn't considered at all.
    this time with the new sorc i will choose 2 skill pint as a reward.
    i'm wandering if i'm going to miss some thing, but reading around seems not.

i'd really like to have a GOOD KARMA SKILL LINE with the proper passives and some penalities.

Just wait till the Shivering Isles DLC is released for TESO...
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But guys, Uncle Sheo has the butterflies!

There's really no question what the right choice is here.
  • xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    2 free skill points yo!!!

I sent her packin with her uncle
    Edited by xRAGEx on September 4, 2015 4:45PM
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone I could save I did, until Cad Silver. Killed everyone I could. Darwin is alive and well on Tamriel.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR12 had 240 skill points after the patch. Make the decisions you want, the points are meaningless after a while.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is some thing to think about that saving a friend do not pay.
    where are we going? i'd like to play good karma character, like the fallout skill, but here, in eso seems that it doesn't considered at all.
    this time with the new sorc i will choose 2 skill pint as a reward.
    i'm wandering if i'm going to miss some thing, but reading around seems not.

i'd really like to have a GOOD KARMA SKILL LINE with the proper passives and some penalities.

Perhaps... spoilers are in order?
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a monster would deny her the butterflies
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that once in the Shivering Isles aging and other mortal concerns are put aside.

A mortal life of clarity and reason or an eternity of bemused happiness.... which would you take?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • kayPOW
    kayPOW
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to pick the other option, I really did... but I just couldn't do it.

✨🫖 (This is my old Signature, but I can't bring myself to change it! I'm now mainly PC/EU Templar Khajiit and run the Insani-tea Party Guild.)🫖✨

Lestari / Dunmer / EP / Xbox One - kayPOW / EU
    Dragonknight DPS - Magicka - Vampire // Bite : Available / On Cooldown //
    Guild : [ADMIN] Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything is FREE NO CATCH!
    I like to play games and drink tea. I sure love the T.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done both when I discovered it doesn't matter what I do they still get thanked and the pat on the back I should take the skill points.
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    I'll save her next time.......probably.

Same. Although it will be a tough call as always
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did both, depending on char/alt.

Wish there was more longbterm follow-up on the decision, either way.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you finished the Mages Guild quest line you know what this is about.

Two skill points. Nothing more to discuss here ...
    popcorn.gif
  • namelessperson
    I played Shivering Isles. I know what awaited her there. It wouldn't have been a bad existence for her.
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    I did not want Shali to guilt-trip me (never did the oother choice so I do not know what he'd say/do) so I did what I though was "right" rather than the practical thing. MAYBE if Uncle Sheo would of offer more...
    Then again making deals with Sheo never ended well for anyone.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saved her.

No one really deserves to live in the Shivering Isles with the Prince of Madness.

Plus she's cute so...yea. Dem 'books'
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always act in the preservation of knowledge and the advancement of the mage's guild agenda, saving the girl helped the guild. happy in her insanity or not, she belongs to the pursuit of knowledge
  • SamaelHQ
    SamaelHQ
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about Valaste? I want more SP >:)
    Leader of Turkish Community Guild, Elder Turks.
    Server: PC-EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restirnaei wrote: »
    I wanted to be good, but it's impractical to give up character power for a trash item.

Pretty much this.

Had the item or other option been something which I would keep throughout the game and would always help me I may have done it. However the choice of two SP was too good.

Also I doubt ZOS will ever do anything with this choice, not like choices really matter here so.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    I did not know on my first playthrough I'd get 2 skill points if I let her go with Sheogorath. I was actually conflicted between the choices and basically thought back to the memories shown in the quests.

I don't think those memories of Shalidor/Valaste were fabricated by Sheogorath. Don't think he'd be too predictable as he's very mad. Or maybe that's what he wants us to think?

"Sheogorath is already inside each of us. You have already lost." - Ravate

So whatever. On every character since then, I went with those sweet sweet skillpoints.
  • Mysk
    Mysk
    Soul Shriven
    Saved her, mostly because Shali was carrying on about how much power the book would give you. I had no idea what the actual reward would be since I hadn't read about it before hand, but logically it was obvious that the devs wouldn't let you make an over powered character by dumping tons of skill points on you.

Turns out it's an extra skill point (when you consider the skill point granted for completing the quest by freeing her), which is what I figured it would actually be. Bonus: the staff is an upgrade to what I was using.

Now I just have to find the rest of the set to take advantage of the bonuses on the staff.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Shame on me, but I let her go with Sheogorath.
    But first I looked if the decision had any real impact in the game. Since it had not I took the two skill points, I could use them at that time.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Moral life. Bemuse happiness is fake and she wouldn't know what true happiness was
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    there is a poll about this:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/80915/spoilers-what-did-you-do-at-the-end-of-the-mages-guild-quest-line/p1

Moderator comment:
    We decided to merge the two topics since they were more or less the same. The previous topic would've had to be sunken anyway as a necro. -ZOS_CoriJ
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on July 28, 2016 5:04PM
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two skill points VS a virtual character's well being?

Two skill points that I'll never be able to get any other way VS a stupid character and her useless staff?

lmao
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained