Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Spoilers] What did you do at the end of the Mages Guild quest line?

• Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    I struck a Daedric bargin for personal gain.
    It seems like the choice she would've made, even if it wasn't the smart choice.
    I also chose to let her go partly to spite Shalidor. I didn't like him. He blames YOU for making mistakes when this whole fiasco was his? AND when he was the one who pushed her so hard and disregarded her loss of sanity and health despite my warnings?

I tried. Sir, you can bite me.
    I'll take my reward for having solved this issue. Never promised everyone would go home.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I released someone from Daedric influence.
    I saved her as it felt like the right thing to do and I wasn't short of skill points at the time.

Later when I am trying to skill out being a master crafter and skill points are in short supply I am left justifying....I would have felt bad for a while but....two skill points would be handy right about now....

Still if Eidetic memory were a character trait needing to bought with skill points the end result would probably balance out a bit. I don't know if I would go back and read all these books I can now remember but oh well.

From a moral perspective, if she were consciously choosing to want to go with Shalador rather than having it forced on her then it would be her decision and not so bad.

I expect for my other characters I will take the skill points. Is there any advantage to having Eidetic memory on more than one character?
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    I expect for my other characters I will take the skill points. Is there any advantage to having Eidetic memory on more than one character?
    You get the Eidetic Memory anyway, even if you send Valaste with Sheogorath.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more than enough skill points!
    PC/EU DC
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    carljokl wrote: »
    You get the Eidetic Memory anyway, even if you send Valaste with Sheogorath.

I just discovered this. I had my crafter take the book. As much as I had rationalised the decision long before I came to it. For all my rationalisation I felt very guilty through the whole Eyevea quest. After I took the book I was preparing myself for a stern telling off from Shalador at least. He hinted at giving me a warning. In the end he didn't really make a reaction to my decision. He still gave me eidetic memory. It seemed quite one sided all in all. It would be nice to be able to rescue Valaste when Sherogorath grows bored of her one day. That would make things even more one sided though. After the big fallout and bitter reactions over deciding the fate of an artifiact on Beth'nik I got away with this practically without consequence.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade