The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

THERE IS NO WAY 2 PEOPLE (vamps) SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIPE OUT AN ENTIRE ZERG

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is not broken, there are a lot of bad players around is all.

Vampire is not broken it is a whole host of other issues, like stacking ultimate reduction gear to get an ultimate down to only costing 4 ultimate to cast.

I dont see a problem with people building a good build. You people need to learn to counter it. As said before Silver/bolts and fire attacks will wipe any vampire out.
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭

50% dmg reduction and a spammable drain attack are indeed overpowered.
    There are a lot of bad players, but Vampire is both broken and unbalanced. (Half the passives don't work half the time) You clearly didn't read anything in this thread.

The ultimate reduction mechanic needs to be capped as well. I think never letting ultimates reduce by more than 25-50% of it's cost and putting a cap on ultimate you can gain in a small time frame (5 secs) would fix a lot of these problems.
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly this thread kills me. Do you people who are defending this build really think it works for you because you've just got maaaad skills? Give me a break.
    Options
  • revanghost
    revanghost
    ✭✭✭
    Honest inquiry here...

What's to stop different strategies and counter builds from the zerg?

Because you have a massive group that can't stop running in to heal the emperor, you want to nerf the emperor?

Why not build a similar gear/skill setup for a group, tailored to take this vamp/emp out?

Again, not trolling or saying L2P. Just asking, why not do what the emperor is doing and tailor your gear/skills to take her out?

What happens when everything starts getting nerfed into the ground? Everything becomes cookie cutter and stale.
    Options
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    Pang wrote: »
    lol well if the Zerg is getting owned then i don't see what the issue is. Working as intended IMO. Smarter and organized play should ALWAYS trump mindless zergs.

As others said use Silver Bolts and fire attacks on Vamps. Don't clump up so much spread out. Basically play smarter.

This is exactly whats wrong with this generation of gamers. Instead of trying to figure out a counter and overcome something that is difficult we run to the forums to cry on the Devs shoulder and hope they make the game easier and take away mechanics that reward smart play. Its no wonder there hasn't been an MMO game since WoW that has had lots of success this generation doesn't allow games to be good they just cry until the Dev ruins their own games.

This, people are going against an ability that completely relies on people around it, and what do they do? BOOST IT. Naturally the mistform bug does take it a little bit over the top, but even if mistform was working as intended and you stack 20 guys against the vamp, its still going to heal way too much for you to DPS it down, even with only 0.25 healing received left. Some stack crit chance, some stack chance to use ulti more often, and people are whining of its low cost? I am whining that Vampirism is still way too bugged.

Those "videos" see how the vamps go down? No ones around them and they literally drop dead within a second.
    Options
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    A Stage 4 vampire receives a 60% cost discount on spells, including their ultimate. It's a critical part of the system to break the game.

So now we are just lying around? 60% Reduced cost on VAMPIRISM abilities, and yes that includes the ultimate. Do you understand what it takes for them to get it even further down? They need to wear bad gear, and by that I mean bad. The set bonuses are not craftable (Ex. Akaviri Dragonguard) and those are VR1 items. I can stack close to 100% crit chance on my lava whip, and people see no trouble with that? But a low cost ultimate breaks the game.

Options
  • revanghost
    revanghost
    ✭✭✭
    Nehemia wrote: »
    Those "videos" see how the vamps go down? No ones around them and they literally drop dead within a second.

If that's true for a vamp/emp, I don't see how anyone can be calling for nerfs.
    Options
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    revanghost wrote: »

Countering them isnt too difficult, really, but if you don't know how, they are going to stomp you into bits. All that needs to be done is fix the bugs @ vampire skill line, and that's enough. That "abuse" doesn't need ability nerfs, it merely requires a fix to Mistform, and even then a vampire will solo 1 v 10 if players don't know how to deal with one. The secret is: Stand 10 yards away from one.
    Options
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    ROFL! Some epically good troll posts in here.
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bunk wrote: »
    Honestly this thread kills me. Do you people who are defending this build really think it works for you because you've just got maaaad skills? Give me a break.

maybe you're just trash

Maybe I just know what I'm talking about. :open_mouth:
    Options
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭

50% dmg reduction and a spammable drain attack are indeed overpowered.

To your post above, of course you do! Because neither of the above are true.
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh? So there isn't an ability called undeath that increases damage mitigation by up to 50% as you go below 50% health? And everyone in this thread who's talked about the spammable drain, including the people who use it, are just making it up?

I need to up my meds apparently- I'm seeing things.
    Options
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    Always going to have the PvP elites in a post like this with their "L2P" advice giving...I call horsepuckey! You haven't a clue. I was pvping with a lot of you guys who are now veteran levels. You didn't HAVE this kind of thing to worry about at that level. I know you didn't. We were all too low level and there were no real 50's yet. Don't come in here all high and mighty like you own the place. Think real hard (tough I know but just TRY for once to get off that pedestal)....You know it's true so don't even try to flame it. Don't be that scrub!
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Stage 4 vampire receives a 60% cost discount on spells, including their ultimate. It's a critical part of the system to break the game.

So now we are just lying around? 60% Reduced cost on VAMPIRISM abilities, and yes that includes the ultimate. Do you understand what it takes for them to get it even further down? They need to wear bad gear, and by that I mean bad. The set bonuses are not craftable (Ex. Akaviri Dragonguard) and those are VR1 items. I can stack close to 100% crit chance on my lava whip, and people see no trouble with that? But a low cost ultimate breaks the game.

Well, you figure out how to use that 100% crit whip to solo 50 players in a zerg, and you can complain about it.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Countering them isnt too difficult, really, but if you don't know how, they are going to stomp you into bits. All that needs to be done is fix the bugs @ vampire skill line, and that's enough. That "abuse" doesn't need ability nerfs, it merely requires a fix to Mistform, and even then a vampire will solo 1 v 10 if players don't know how to deal with one. The secret is: Stand 10 yards away from one.

Making the ultimate discounts non-cumulative might be a less drastic option... just thinking. The build would still work... except you'd get, at best, a 60% discount on the ultimate cost of Mist Form, making this less of an omnipotent troll engine.
    Options
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    Two words. Fire Staff. On my vamp, with some of my gear dedicated to Fire Resistance and Spell Resistance being overcharged, I can still be one hit.
    NA Server - Ebonheart Pact - Irisana
    Options
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if i want to laugh or cry when i read this topic...
    Ultimate Cost reduction does not even work...it resets all the time to the full costs.

Fire is the ultimate killer against us...one hit from a fire-balista can kill us...and we dont even have time to run away.

the Damage Reduction - It would be so beautiful if it would actually work...i have never seen it doing what it should do...neither in PVP, nor in PVE...

i have seen far worse things in pvp...perma-interrupt with shieldbash spam for example.
    ZakyUchiha wrote: »
    I'm just going to post the top comment from the vid, since you guys do not understand what's happening and it is pretty accurate.

You lot who are saying that Emperors are supposed to be strong dont really get what is going on here
    What you see in this video is the guy playing the current empress exploiting unintended mechanic that only works if a player meets certain requirements:
    1) being a stage 4 vampire (60% spell cost reduction affecting ultimate ability!)
    2) having a morphed vampiric self-healing ultimate ability
    3) being a sorc or a dragon knight ( ultimate cost reduction passives)
    4) having a specific armor set that also reduce ultimate cost
    5) having a mist form
    6) being an emperor

Now what is happening actually?
    In short, if a player meets these requirements he can have ultimate ability cost reduced to 4 , even 0 in some cases. What does it mean? It means he can spam extremely strong self healing ability INDEFINITELY doing huge amount of damage
    What;s worse. He can turn into a mist form that has 75% damage reduction AND receive ultimate self healing from the bat swarm which is not supposed to happen based on how the mist form works. A vampire in a mist form CANT get healing. BUT they missed that it doesn't affect ultimate ability bat swarm.
    The thing is. The more people around the empress the more invulnerable she is.
    We managed to kill her one time when she was alone avoiding being close to her , keeping distance and it took 50+ players. BUT it is IMPOSSIBLE to do if she is with her own group.
    It is totally broken mechanic exploiting mist form+ bat swarm

but this one...thats interesting.
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 22, 2014 1:49AM
    Options
  • loco
    loco
    ✭✭

Vampire is not broken it is a whole host of other issues, like stacking ultimate reduction gear to get an ultimate down to only costing 4 ultimate to cast.

I dont see a problem with people building a good build. You people need to learn to counter it. As said before Silver/bolts and fire attacks will wipe any vampire out.

Lol so much silliness in this thread from people who have no idea. If you get one shotted as a vamp you're doing it wrong.

Mist form needs to be fixed, ultimate reduction needs to be capped 75% sounds legit, maybe then I'd just kill 6 or 7 guys instead of 30.
    Options
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, i have read it several times now...whats the ability that reduces the ulti cost for DKs?
    Options
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this so terrible? The emperor has met some pretty amazing criteria. You have figured out a way to kill her. A player has essentially become an epic boss to beat.

If you look at it that way, ESO did something really awesome here that I can't think of any other game having done. A pvp situation that turns into a raid.

Now, maybe once she dies, she needs to be stripped of the ability to do this, but as for actually achieving the ability to do it at least once, given all the criteria, I think it's pretty cool. How many of you wouldn't like to jump into that role (PVP God) for a day or two?

I totally agree with you! Fantastic point.

It's good to be emperor.

And it would also be great to kill one.
    War, give me war, give me war.
    Options
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Doowie wrote: »
    Learn to PvP!

If you can't kill 2 people with a "zerg" of players, then unfortunately you guys are terrible and should get back to leveling and getting to understand how your class plays and how to defeat a Vampire with ease.

What this guy said. 2 vampires regardless of level will not survive a Zerg of players with actual brains
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there a cheat code to let you play ESO in god mode? Never heard of this before.
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of these, "Lol L2p11!!!one1!" people have actually PvP'd more than once.
    Options
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of these, "Lol L2p11!!!one1!" people have actually PvP'd more than once.
    I guess none. And i'm eager to find out what they'll propose to do when there is no space to spread (keeps, anyone?) or when there are 10 of those 2-button-"pros" against you (seen yesterday).

Options
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are many builds in pvp that can take out 5,10,15 players. Last night a beastly destro fire mage killed like 7 people by himself.

I got his number though because im keen to pvp play. he basically cc's you then snares you in his ultimate and blasts you and friend with aoe. People in zone chat were mentioning that he was hacking....

It's hand that there's no way to identify him again when you pvp seeing as we have no nameplates right?
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    PVP = Griefers period, its the way they luv to play, its their whole, game. Yes it ruins the game for others, but its the way they enjoy the game. They don't play the PVE side, they will use any and all exploits they find, that is PVP. No one will ever change that.
    Stupid carebear post is stupid carebear post.
    Options
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay Okay. I read most of these posts now and some of these are ..special. So Ill try to explain how this works. you need to reduce your ultimate cost with passives and set effects. you will need enchantments to buff your resistances.
    Emp isnt needed but prefered. A skill to trap your enemies in place. Dark talons from DKs are a good way to do it. A shield to prevent knockbacks and stuns. and the morphed version of Bat Swamp. You sneak/rush/use mist to get into a zerg. Use Dark talons to Lock your foes into place -> Use Bat swamp -> Block -> Repeat. It can be countered with. 1: not being many ppl. 2: Negate magic Ult. 3: Catch person by surprise and keep him/her stunned and kill him/her before he/she gets the chance to use the setup. If you wanna go with this you must either be dunmer or use glyphs to counter your fire weakness. Breton Works too with magic resist. when your setup is up and running along as Theres enough around you Silver bolts wont even hurt. Same with fire siege weapons of all kinds. even at once.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
    Options
  • dbennett707cub18_ESO
    There is a cap to the number of targets devouring swarm can hit. Also, stage 4 never reduces ultimate cost unless you just hit stage 4 in that zone, if you zone again you lose it and need to feed back to stage 3 and wait over an hour for stage 4 to kick in again. Also this strat requires simpletons to die in the batswarm to feed them more ulti. If you think this is so op try it yourself, and post a video please so we all can see how well you do.
    Options
  • Neo
    Neo
    ✭✭
    This whole vamp thing is a joke...
    Options
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of DAOC bomber groups, and actually i think it is good thing that small groups are able to take on zergs if they dont play well.

How much DPS does such a Vampire?
    Is it really unhealable/instagib?
    How many healer builds are available in the Zerg?
    How much does he heal for if people move away from him, instead of trying to take him down in melee?
    What does silence do to the vampire?

I am not saying if it is op or not, just that the fact it can take out zergs/large groups is not making it overpowered. There needs to be some counter, and i think there are counters, but i could be wrong.
    Options
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well. I haven't met this yet but as an avid PvP player, it just sounds like fun.

What we have here is the PvP equivalent of a PvE boss made incarnate. (Pity there isn't a shape change associated - maybe a bloody great dragon hmm?)

I'm all for it, having one of these on the battlefield certainly adds to the excitement. I often wondered how it would play if one of those PvE bosses could actually think properly.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    Options