The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Center third person camera, please

• butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We've moved this post from the Support section to the General Discussion section. Thanks for your continued feedback!

Moved it because you are ignoring it.

And will not 'fix' or change it.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is not a design flaw. It has been used in many other games and some might even prefer it over the traditional center-view.

Having the camera default to one option is not a design flaw, but not having a toggle for it is. If others do it too, it becomes a common design flaw.

Actually, I think games these days suffer from far too few options when it comes to these things.

Indeed. Let us center, zoom in/out further, and adjust its height.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or perhaps they are gathering feedback? My feedback:
    1 - option to disable the offcenter effect completely
    2 - allow the modders to make an addon
    3 - reduce the amount of offcenter*

*the main annoyance I think is the amount of offcenter. I have played other games where it is done where this zooming effect is used but the amount offcenter is very small. The amount in ESO is absolutely huge!

Screens to illustrate my point, in order they are mouse zoomed out at steps 1, 5 and 12. I don't think it looks right until you are around step 12. Also notice I closed the chat window in 1, perhaps I should have left it opened. Does anyone play with the chat window at less than max size?

mouse_out_1.png

mouse_out_6.png

mouse_out_12.png

After uploading the screens I decided there is a 4 LOL
    4 - a slider from 0 (none) to current percentage
    Edited by Gillysan on September 10, 2014 3:29AM
  • Draxuul
    Draxuul
    ✭✭✭
    i`m happy with the current camera angle in third person.

If any changes are made , please make it optional.

Thanks

Draxuul
    Be who you want to be , do what you want to do, play the way you want to play.

The Prophet once said :``There is no perfect choice , there are only other choices. ``

Same goes for your build. There is no perfect build, there are only other builds.

My name is Draxuul and i approve this message .

• Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the camera is way far off. You can't even zoom in on your character like this, because the character looks stretched out when staying that far off screen.

And if you try, you can't even take propper screenshots of your character with these settings. Zenimax, please listen to us, and make a optional setting that let us change this!

Thanks.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The camera should have 3 presets, Left Shoulder, Centered, and Right Shoulder, zoomable in all three cases. Then people can pick and choose what they want.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit necroing threads with dev action that's nothing but "we moved this". Made me think there was finally some official word on this.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Quit necroing threads with dev action that's nothing but "we moved this". Made me think there was finally some official word on this.
    Nothings changed so this is still a relevant discussion. We don't need to start a new thread for something that is still relevant.

• MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Nothings changed so this is still a relevant discussion. We don't need to start a new thread for something that is still relevant.
    My post. You didn't read it.
    Edited by MorHawk on October 21, 2014 11:17AM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the option calibrate camera angle/offset, targeting reticle hit-area, and 'center' per user preference?

This would cover first person and third person players alike. Alternate controls (zoom in/out/freelook) could then adjust on the fly as needed.

No two people sight in the same.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We've moved this post from the Support section to the General Discussion section. Thanks for your continued feedback!

Here's some feedback for you... SMACK whoever the "genius" was who thought the off center camera was a grand idea. I HATE trying to get decent screenshots in this damn game because of this! Makes it almost impossible! Seriously, WHAT were you people thinking? Fix it!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saw some API function stubs yet no implementation or official game options still for distance, zoom, or camera height or horizontal offset all this time later.... what is going on here??
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stab my eyes out with a fork, I don't need another UI. ZOS just implement a slider in the Camera settings.
  • Promise
    Promise
    Soul Shriven
    just picked this game up and when I realized it had this same failing as the other oblivion games but this time with no option to fix it (bringing the camera in closer to the shoulder without zooming out) I googled to see if there is a work around.

So I guess this is one of the player features that I saw people complaining about getting "blown off" by the Dev's? Pitty. I would of liked the option to move the camera closer.
  • Steyn
    Steyn
    Soul Shriven
    I'm guessing there's still no word on this. *sigh* Can only hope they sneak it in in the next update.

Come on devs, give us an option to center that camera in third person close up!
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they talked about it in ESO live. It is something they are working on.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.6 includes new position sliders for third person in the camera settings.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some want it, some don't, some don't care.

It's a safe bet that adding in an option in game settings would satisfy everyone.
    I guess this is as important to many as First person pov.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kimboh wrote: »

HUZZAH! I can't wait to see how they actually work!

• kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    kimboh wrote: »

HUZZAH! I can't wait to see how they actually work!

They are quite good, with decent range for Vertical/horizontal and also increased max zoom distance.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ab7giZ1.jpg?1
    HUZZAH!!!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big_Bob wrote: »
    One things for sure, having the model to the side makes for bad screenshots of your character

This, so much this.

I don't have any screenshots of my characters because they look ... odd ... to the side. I don't like how they look.

I changed it in Skyrim because I didn't like it.

Someone even made a mod for it for those that don't like tweaking files and it had 16405 downloads.
    Edited by rawne1980b16_ESO on February 2, 2015 10:18AM
  • Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    i like it. and its not a FPS game.
  • vizionblind_ESO
    vizionblind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Volla wrote: »

well good for you!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volla wrote: »

well good for you!

The return of the dreaded Necro thread, muhahahahahaha
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450